AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 15:17   Link #41
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hmm..as for me I'm liking the current scanlated version best. The arts looks neat and the development + interaction between hero and demon queen = instant win.

Anyway on the story, the new character looks like a knight from a holy order formed within the church. I saw the resemblance between her and Agrias (FF tactics) or Saber (Fate) already. I guess maybe she and the heroes were former pals seeing that he’s also protecting the church from demons. I foresee a possible love triangle between the hero, demon queen and the knight woot. Also am I the only one who thought that the walrus general looked badass?
Your not the only one. That Walrus look badass especially since he commanded an army of sea creatures that would make Aquaman proud.

And as for the potential love triangle, i like it since it will be funny to see those two get the Hero's attention.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:11   Link #42
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It was surprising to see how strong the Hero really is. I mean, I assumed he had to be one of THE strongest human warriors(if not THEE strongest) since he made it all the way to the Demon Queen's castle and didn't look beaten/tired. But seeing him in action, he's more powerful than he looks (O.O).
Quote:
Also am I the only one who thought that the walrus general looked badass?
Not at all. He looks badass, but two factors that got me REALLY interested in him is that a)DQ fought him, yet how she described him is as if she def had a hard time against him and b)Hero referring to him as a "geezer", which can certainly mean he's fought him before. Considering how immensely powerful Hero and DQ is, and the fact that he survived, it will be interesting to actually see how a battle against him really is.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 18:30   Link #43
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
It was surprising to see how strong the Hero really is. I mean, I assumed he had to be one of THE strongest human warriors(if not THEE strongest) since he made it all the way to the Demon Queen's castle and didn't look beaten/tired. But seeing him in action, he's more powerful than he looks (O.O).

Not at all. He looks badass, but two factors that got me REALLY interested in him is that a)DQ fought him, yet how she described him is as if she def had a hard time against him and b)Hero referring to him as a "geezer", which can certainly mean he's fought him before. Considering how immensely powerful Hero and DQ is, and the fact that he survived, it will be interesting to actually see how a battle against him really is.
I think you misread, Hero said he had fought him a couple times, not the Demon Queen. Demon Queen just said that she had trouble ordering him to do things since he is all for killing all humans.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 22:13   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think you misread, Hero said he had fought him a couple times, not the Demon Queen. Demon Queen just said that she had trouble ordering him to do things since he is all for killing all humans.
Ah, you're right. I do not even remember seeing Hero on that particular panel. That's what I get for speed reading at work (>,<). Thanks for the clarification =03.
Old 2011-08-14, 04:31   Link #45
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Chapter 3 made me wonder if the hero's truly gay. You have a hot bombshell who's literally sleeping at your lap and chest with her tits showing nearly more than half cleavage and he didn't even get a frickin boner. Either he's extremely well composed or he is gay. I hope it's the former.
Upon reading it myself, he's actually got what I call one of the problems of the male leads in most manga for the past few years- dense as all hell (the other problem being unable to make a decision, or at least taking the next step in a romantic relationship)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 07:18   Link #46
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I never expected for him to be able to use teleportation magic Well, he did decide to solo the demon queen

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 10:00   Link #47
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

God I love this Demon Queen, she's just win!

I love that Walrus general dude, it's so different.

Really liking this now, the heavy dialogue isn't off putting for me, there are some series that can make HD work and this is one of them.

And nice little cliffhanger, hawt nuns are always a +
Old 2011-08-14, 11:39   Link #48
jzmagic
flargansbog

Just started reading this after seeing this thread, I like the premise of testing economic theory, look forward to more demon queen/hero development as well.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 12:51   Link #49
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Apparently there's an official 4koma comic about this series over here.

Also, a TVTropes characters page has been created. If you want help out, click here.
Old 2011-08-15, 00:06   Link #50
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
To throw my next two cents in- this is an awesome series! Not only is the economic situation more easily understood than Spice and Wolf ever explained (holy shit, we're learning something from a manga!), the Demon Queen is hot as all hell, and the guys in this (outside of the youngsters) are badass... even if the Hero is more than just a bit on the dense side (can't get everything, I suppose...). Plus their interactions, as was mentioned, are absolute WIN.

I hope ch.4 gets scanlated soon.. I need more NAO

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 01:38   Link #51
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
stumbled upon this series because of its long naem and damn why did i read this
Old 2011-08-15, 02:08   Link #52
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I never expected for him to be able to use teleportation magic Well, he did decide to solo the demon queen
Well, you know how teleportation magic works; got have seen/been in the place to be able to warp to it. I wouldn't be surprised if he practically walked to the demon queen's castle and kicked ass all the way to her chamber.
Old 2011-08-15, 02:38   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well, you know how teleportation magic works; got have seen/been in the place to be able to warp to it. I wouldn't be surprised if he practically walked to the demon queen's castle and kicked ass all the way to her chamber.
Funny you should mention that cause that's what he did in the Comic Clear Version.

Read it here
Old 2011-08-15, 02:41   Link #54
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Well..I thought he was kinda weak like your usual shonen hero at the beginning of the series But it looks like he managed to get level 99 with epic equipment right in chapter 1

Quote:
Funny you should mention that cause that's what he did in the Comic Clear Version.

Read it here
...by the maker! Oh btw, I just noticed that the nun in chapter 3 is there in the chapter 1 of clear version

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 03:04   Link #55
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

ì'm intersted in this series...
The story seems good...and original
The demon Queen x Hero...hahah...
will be fun to see the development between them..
And..The Demon Queen..is Hot!
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 13:17   Link #56
Xagzan

Did anyone else notice that no one in this series seems to have an actual name beyond their title?

And come on Hero! Tell her she's not unattractive already. They already act like a couple, might as well acknowledge it.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:32   Link #57
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Yes, well, I'm pretty sure at some point they will reveal that the hero's real name is Elizabeth.

Although I'm curious if Miss Nun/Crusader would break that trend. So far the only thing I remember being named is the village itself, actually.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 20:54   Link #58
Somnus
Eh?

What...what is this brilliance?

Insta-pairing of an incredible female AND male lead (with ACTUAL romantic interaction, no less!), a story that's a breath of fresh air, and superb artwork (I like the translated version the best).

Most of my thoughts on this one have already been said, and I'm really enjoying the DQ. She had me at the first, "Re-really?".

Again, the actual interaction and development between the two right off the get go adds to the "freshness" of the series. Really digging the "I'm yours" bits. Not to mention the lack of unnecessarily extreme shyness and awkwardness at the most basic things. Not saying it's not there, but the fireplace scene in Ch. 2 and 3 beat out the interaction found (or missing) in a fair share of the "romance" based manga out there.

This is something I'm going to enjoy for sure.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 09:02   Link #59
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 5 from the Comic Clear version is out.

Chapter 5

Spoiler for ch5:
Old 2011-09-05, 02:06   Link #60
Xacual

Spoiler for Chapter 4 is out:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome