Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-17, 00:33   Link #3281
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Shana is just about the age Yuji is from where I my info bank. (Information below is IMO and from what I learned)

Shana was 11 when she became a Flame Haze, and when she became a Flame Haze was during the time when Hong Kong became a bustling metropolis which was around 1997. Since the novels first came out in 2002 and since authors usually like using their version of "modern" time into storyline, then we can assume she was about 16 when she met Yuji. This is only assuring since I read a comment about someone saying that Shana became a Flame Haze then, but still not clarified that it was true. But her life has been fully devoted into her duty as a Flame Haze, so it's pretty understandable how she can be childish when it comes to emotional feelings for other people.

But I do agree that Ike may be going over his head trying to get Yoshida's attention with all his attempts, but it seems pretty clear that he did "fall in love" with Yoshida with all the attempts he has been going about. But if he hasn't moved on to another cute girl in school, then we can still see a IkexYoshida relationship forming.
I remember now another girl in the school, with glasses that spend time with Ike. Just saying :P
And yeah, if we take the fact that Shana, Yuji and Yoshida are teenagers, thene it's natural to see them as inmature, but I can easily take the first two and say that with all the experiences, the risks and events that they lived, a kind of "early matureness" due that they don't just think in love, but on real problems and the people that is involved in them (in this point is where Yoshida fails, due that she only cares about her "love" and nothing else).
Old 2011-02-17, 01:32   Link #3282
Athena
The Power of One

Can someone please give me an adequate synopsis of Shana V1-V4 for... well, you'll know it surely in a few hours.
Old 2011-02-17, 02:09   Link #3283
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
I'm guessing that's majority of the first season, so what happens is...screw it, I tried explaining it to a friend last night, and well. It didn't end good. I made it sound crap, but my friend still continued to read the manga and she liked it very much. *proud of recruiting another Shana fan*
But, never the less, I will give it my best shot.
Spoiler for Episodes 1-something season 1:

That's all I am going to say. hope that helped a little, and someone can continue from where I left off.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 06:26   Link #3284
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
I'm guessing that's majority of the first season, so what happens is...screw it, I tried explaining it to a friend last night, and well. It didn't end good. I made it sound crap, but my friend still continued to read the manga and she liked it very much. *proud of recruiting another Shana fan*
But, never the less, I will give it my best shot.
Spoiler for Episodes 1-something season 1:

That's all I am going to say. hope that helped a little, and someone can continue from where I left off.

That's pretty much volumes I-II.
Volumes III-IV are focused mainly in the Aizens' event.

Spoiler for Volume III:

I avoided the incest scenes due to... well... I would end up with a trauma once again.
Volume IV is the Aizen's fight and death.
Old 2011-02-17, 16:20   Link #3285
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I avoided the incest scenes due to... well... I would end up with a trauma once again.
Volume IV is the Aizen's fight and death.
Thank goodness that you did... The incest.... Oh the horror... (Not saying I hate incest, just "their" type of incest scares me)
Old 2011-02-17, 16:35   Link #3286
Blutsauger

Okay. Give me a second. What Incest? I didn't read the novels, I only watched the anime. And I don't believe I talked about Friagne, wouldn't that be included before the "aizens" saga?
Loving your hate for Yoshida! xD
Old 2011-02-17, 17:34   Link #3287
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Thank goodness that you did... The incest.... Oh the horror... (Not saying I hate incest, just "their" type of incest scares me)
Yeah I get you... The author really made good villains that you want to see dead since the first appearence

Quote:
Okay. Give me a second. What Incest? I didn't read the novels, I only watched the anime. And I don't believe I talked about Friagne, wouldn't that be included before the "aizens" saga?
Loving your hate for Yoshida! xD
You gotta be kidding... You don't remember the incest of that pervert brothers? You are damn lucky.
Here is a image of them, picked a novel's one because surelly all the ones from the anime are of kissing or something like that.

Spoiler for Aizens:
Old 2011-02-17, 18:15   Link #3288
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Spoiler for Aizens:
The worst thing to do was to post a picture with it. Adding insult to injury.
Old 2011-02-17, 18:32   Link #3289
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
The worst thing to do was to post a picture with it. Adding insult to injury.
Well, it is the volume's cover, so doesn't got any traumatic material like the one that you find in the novel or anime, just the characters so I think it is ok.
Old 2011-02-17, 22:25   Link #3290
Blutsauger

Oh...That Incest. I thought I was missing something. I don't use Aizens, or Incest. I just say Cradle Garden Saga and The "Kissing". I've never seen it called the "incest" But that was VERY awkward. Let's move on shall we? SO what happens in Volume 5? Misago Festival and the burning of the Birds?
Old 2011-02-18, 13:49   Link #3291
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Oh...That Incest. I thought I was missing something. I don't use Aizens, or Incest. I just say Cradle Garden Saga and The "Kissing". I've never seen it called the "incest" But that was VERY awkward. Let's move on shall we? SO what happens in Volume 5? Misago Festival and the burning of the Birds?
Now that I remember, the name "Aizens" is only used in the novels so now I understand why you didn't remember it. I also wondered who the heck were them when I first readed their names
Anyways, could not find anything related to chapter 5, but as I see in the RAW images is a flashback to Shana's training and ascension as Flame Haze.
Old 2011-02-18, 17:41   Link #3292
pancakes
*Author

Okay....Ive been a big fan of this series for a long time,and recently there have been a lot of questions that I could not find answers for. Ive never used this site before and I only am now to ask some questions.(Since you guys sound like you know what you're talking about) If you could reply I would greatly appreciate it.
1.Is the light novel (in japan)completed yet?
2.If so,why cant i get any information about any novel past id say 17 and up?
3.Where do you get up to date information about SNS and how do you guys know all these spoilers?

I have many other questions that I need answered, buy they are more opinionated and about the actual show,so I will save them for a different time. Thanks.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:21   Link #3293
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Okay....Ive been a big fan of this series for a long time,and recently there have been a lot of questions that I could not find answers for. Ive never used this site before and I only am now to ask some questions.(Since you guys sound like you know what you're talking about) If you could reply I would greatly appreciate it.
1.Is the light novel (in japan)completed yet?
2.If so,why cant i get any information about any novel past id say 17 and up?
3.Where do you get up to date information about SNS and how do you guys know all these spoilers?

I have many other questions that I need answered, buy they are more opinionated and about the actual show,so I will save them for a different time. Thanks.
1. The Light Novels counts with 21 volumes + specials. The last book is spected to be released late in this year, probably at the begining/end of anime Season 3.
2. I guess that is because the only novels you will find is on RAW versions (Japanese) and the level of reading skills that you must have to actually understand what is written is to equivalent a student that is ending high school on Japan or someone that is entering to college (if you know how they study their own language, you will understand).
3. The spoilers that I and mostly of the others members got comes from persons like Flere821, Hooves and other members that either have been looking for them long time or they personaly read it and bothers on explaining us what is happening so we don't die in the ignrance
Old 2011-02-18, 18:36   Link #3294
Blutsauger

Indeed. SkyFlames, Hooves etc. have spent the time and effort sharing what is happening in the Shana novels to people like me that don't know. I would like to take time to thank these people.
I am pretty sure Season 3 of the anime won't be released Until the release of the last novel so they know where to lead the anime watchers. Just thinking about it now, No fan subs should be available would it. I mean with Viz, protection rights and all now. I found a website that allows you to download the entire series of season 1 and 2. For those people who want it, PM me but I must warn you, there are a plentiful of ads. If you could get passed those, then you will be able to download them. I recommend the download links from MegaUpload, and try finding one that says "[ss-eclipse]" at the start. I find those ones the best. But be mindful of 2 of them. There are 2 that say [ss-eclipse] at the end of [ss-eclipse] it must say .avi and not .rar Otherwise, you only get half of the rar file and that is useless as I don't know where ist the other half.
Anyways, I'm hoping someone would take the time and risk themselves to make a fan-subbed version of season 3.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:51   Link #3295
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Indeed. SkyFlames, Hooves etc. have spent the time and effort sharing what is happening in the Shana novels to people like me that don't know. I would like to take time to thank these people.
I am pretty sure Season 3 of the anime won't be released Until the release of the last novel so they know where to lead the anime watchers. Just thinking about it now, No fan subs should be available would it. I mean with Viz, protection rights and all now. I found a website that allows you to download the entire series of season 1 and 2. For those people who want it, PM me but I must warn you, there are a plentiful of ads. If you could get passed those, then you will be able to download them. I recommend the download links from MegaUpload, and try finding one that says "[ss-eclipse]" at the start. I find those ones the best. But be mindful of 2 of them. There are 2 that say [ss-eclipse] at the end of [ss-eclipse] it must say .avi and not .rar Otherwise, you only get half of the rar file and that is useless as I don't know where ist the other half.
Anyways, I'm hoping someone would take the time and risk themselves to make a fan-subbed version of season 3.
Actually all my knowledge of the novels comes from this thread's discussion, you can look out at my first post here that I didn't even now that there was so many novels. The real heros here are Flere821 and Hooves . And about the fansub, I think you must remember that when OVA 4 came out on October.. mmm *memory failure* October 5? anyways, the subbed version was already in both, english and spanish 1 week after the original release. And come on, is SnS III, everyone would kill for a piece of it
Old 2011-02-18, 19:36   Link #3296
Blutsauger

hmm...True. But I watched OVA 4 straight away when it came out with no subs...Could understand majority of it, but I must admit, some vocab I don't know...But, nonetheless, I have my jisho.org to help me! Being an OVA, it had no real part in the actual story does it...
Old 2011-02-18, 19:57   Link #3297
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
hmm...True. But I watched OVA 4 straight away when it came out with no subs...Could understand majority of it, but I must admit, some vocab I don't know...But, nonetheless, I have my jisho.org to help me! Being an OVA, it had no real part in the actual story does it...
Actually, OVA 3 and 4 can be considered "canon" (part of the original story) instead of a spin off, since doesn't affect the original plot. As it is previous to the Shana's arrive to Misaki. Besides, you can see that the last scene definitely connects both, the OVA and the season 1/2 together.
PS: Just remember something.
Didn't Alastor just said something like..
"Someday at the end of this journey, you will find somebody that will accept you as you are"
We can defiitely say that the someone resulted to be Yuji, but what did he mean with "end of this journey"? The end of her Flame Haze duty?
Old 2011-02-18, 22:42   Link #3298
Blutsauger

I remember someone saying something like that. I thought it was referring to the end of being a flame haze. Like, she can finally rest and live normal life as a human and she will make friends or something. That's how I saw it. But people see things differently. I'm not even sure if I am talking about the right thing!
Old 2011-02-19, 01:35   Link #3299
Elf song

More like meeting someone who'd accepted her as the way she is without taking somebody's existence as a cover, I think.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 02:53   Link #3300
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Actually, OVA 3 and 4 can be considered "canon" (part of the original story) instead of a spin off, since doesn't affect the original plot. As it is previous to the Shana's arrive to Misaki. Besides, you can see that the last scene definitely connects both, the OVA and the season 1/2 together.
PS: Just remember something.
Didn't Alastor just said something like..
"Someday at the end of this journey, you will find somebody that will accept you as you are"
We can defiitely say that the someone resulted to be Yuji, but what did he mean with "end of this journey"? The end of her Flame Haze duty?
Shakugan no Shana S OVA episodes 1 and 2 were actually quite nice to watch, even though they had nothing to do with the story overall (we all should probably have shared a good few laughs from episode 1 especially ) Also that sounds about right when Alastor said "End of this journey" since Flame Hazes apparently don't age anymore once they make a contract with a Crimson Lord, and can continue to live and fight "bad" tomogaras. So when Alastor said this, he probably meant by the time all the Tomogaras that steal PoE from people are all gone, and that will be the end of her journey. Just like you all said.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen