AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-27, 13:19   Link #1
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Rebirth

I couldn't find a thread for this...I was bored one day and looking for something with Vampires and I found this and I have to say, it's prolly one of the best I've read anyways. Bad ass main character, good story, 20 vol. out, good art and vampires and magic. Good stuff.

Summary:

Three hundred years ago, the God of White Magic, Kalutika Maybus was nearing the end of a one-sided battle against the vampire Deshwitat L. Rudbich. After a plea from Deshwitat's fiance, Lilith, to stop the fighting, Kalutika cold heartedly murders her. Angered, Desh attempts a final, desperate attack against the God, only to have it shrugged off. Kalutika, in a sort of perverse mercy, sealed Deshwitat in limbo, where he remained for several centuries, calculating his revenge.

-------------------

Heres the wiki page if anyone wants to check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirth_(manhwa)
Old 2009-09-27, 13:25   Link #2
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Easily one of the best vampire manhwa I'v read.

The art is really stunning, especially for a late 90's manhwa. The plot reminds me ALOT of Berserk. There must be some influence, but I really liked it nonetheless.

It's a shame the releases are a bit slow. Thank god someone picked it up, Shi-Ki scans. I was getting really depressed when I finished it back in January.

I'm not sure if this manhwa is monthly or bi-weekly, but I'v so far read all 23 volumes out of 24? =)
Old 2009-09-27, 13:28   Link #3
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Haha same. Still looking for 24, can't find it newhere. Don't think its out yet.

This would make a good anime.

And yes, it does resemble Berserk in a way, at least with the 2 prime characters: Desh and Kal.
Old 2009-09-28, 12:06   Link #4
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I only found vol 20. great comic, but it's getting absurd how the power lvls just rise out of nowhere.
Closed Thread