AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 09:46   Link #16501
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the summary humbug.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 09:49   Link #16502
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

So that's how Saint's Union came about...!

If that's the case...

"I owe you my life, and I'm here to give you my thanks. But now I need to get back to looking for the Kaiser.

"See you later, Nanoha-san."

The Three Pillars stand as ever with Vivio! ALL HAIL SANKT KAISER! ALL HAIL SAINT'S UNION!!!
Old 2008-08-22, 10:19   Link #16503
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
[比村乳業(仮)] 魔法少女リリカルなのはBetrayers
http://www.mediafire.com/?rlphaesw6h1

Credit: comicparty @ BBS.2DJGAME.NET

I don't really understand what's going on, but it felt epic.
Epic is Right, Some needs to start translating it NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSSa View Post

@Seraph42 thanks especially for CARDS and Project C.K. - can I ask for source of C.K.? btw Hayate's reminds me cover of one death metal album I like...
I originally found on Danbooru, But I did find there website.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/irisu_ta-sukesan1/PCK.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
aw, I was gonna share that one. Had it uploaded and everything lol :P

But oh well :3 I have seven of the newest doujin zipped ready for your downloading pleasure. Please PM me and I will give you the links as soon as I get home ^_^

(Yes they're hentai)

I will have 4 more this weekend, and also 3 more of my original scans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSSa View Post
Share it too, then we shall se whose quality is better ^_~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I second this suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
I third this suggestion.

^_^

@ Kossa thanks for Neko Nanoha, but i wonder are there still Neko Nanoha manga.
I Fourth this Suggestion
Seraph42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:02   Link #16504
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Mmm, judging from their blog, the artist for the Nyanoha comics was at C74 and came back a day or so ago, so I'm expecting either something to pop up soon or something will pop up in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
I Fourth this Suggestion
I fifth it~ From the scans of Satashi I've seen, they've been pretty good to work with. Though, I think I remember there's a spot on the scanner where there was some reddish speck of dirt on it, but it's no biggie. ;P

So, that BetrayerS doujin is hot. Thanks for the summary. It'd be great if someone could completely translate it.... -winks and hopes to edit it-

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:02   Link #16505
TankGoat
Bahhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Spoiler for just hide long text:
I think it is reversed. It's the Physics-based weapons-ban indirectly wiped out the Battalion 108. General public and all local government start to question if the ban on physics-based weapon really can protect their world and ask the council to lift that ban. After a few vote on this issue, the council finally agree to lift the ban. At the same time release Jail in order to start mass-produce the combat cyborgs. Fate, knowing this, declare herself and some of her team to leave TSAB and demand the council to reconsider that. But the council just delete Fate's service record and declare her as a rebel and launch a attack on them.
Others are as you written
Sorry for my poor English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
So that's how Saint's Union came about...!

If that's the case...

"I owe you my life, and I'm here to give you my thanks. But now I need to get back to looking for the Kaiser.

"See you later, Nanoha-san."

The Three Pillars stand as ever with Vivio! ALL HAIL SANKT KAISER! ALL HAIL SAINT'S UNION!!!
So, time to : "FOR THE EMPEROR SAINT KING!" ?
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra,
Dum veneris judicare
saeculum per ignem.
TankGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:07   Link #16506
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
[比村乳業(仮)] 魔法少女リリカルなのはBetrayers
http://www.mediafire.com/?rlphaesw6h1

Credit: comicparty @ BBS.2DJGAME.NET

I don't really understand what's going on, but it felt epic.
This is it? This is the uber-hyped megadoujin everyone's wasted all their time gushing about for the past few weeks? Because I am not impressed in the slightest.

Where's my Nanoha vs Fate smackdown? Subaru and Mach Caliber getting another Crowning Moment of Awesome is all well and good, but I was expecting an epic slugfest between Blaster Mode Nanoha and Sonic Drive Fate, not a pithy little catfight with Caro/Erio/Subaru having to save Fate's ass at the last second when Fate hasn't even started to get warmed up. And Hayate not only continues to get shafted as a combatant but gets painted as the villain who freaking instigated this whole thing. That's called character assassination, my friends, and I do not appreciate it being applied to one of my favorite characters.

Truly Utterly Epic Fail. That is all.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:19   Link #16507
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
This is it? This is the uber-hyped megadoujin everyone's wasted all their time gushing about for the past few weeks? Because I am not impressed in the slightest.

Where's my Nanoha vs Fate smackdown? Subaru and Mach Caliber getting another Crowning Moment of Awesome is all well and good, but I was expecting an epic slugfest between Blaster Mode Nanoha and Sonic Drive Fate, not a pithy little catfight with Caro/Erio/Subaru having to save Fate's ass at the last second when Fate hasn't even started to get warmed up. And Hayate not only continues to get shafted as a combatant but gets painted as the villain who freaking instigated this whole thing. That's called character assassination, my friends, and I do not appreciate it being applied to one of my favorite characters.

For starters, Comartemis, it's not a waste of time. We all know and expect it to be having plot holes here and there. There will be discrepancies on how the Aces take their stands. However, it is indeed slightly better than our original expectations, so it has its due credits there.

Secondly, everything needs not be given in entirety. The fact that it leaves the story hanging at the climax either means that there's a sequel, or we're supposed to let our imaginations run free on the possible endings. It's food for thought. Take it or leave it.

The "shafting" may or not be intentional. Constraints, restrictions, and other factors have influence on how authors write their stories. They can decide to leave some characters unpolished so that you can polish it yourself. You should know this yourself.

Whether it's utter epic fail or not is up to everyone else to decide. You have your say on the matter.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:21   Link #16508
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGoat View Post
I think it is reversed. It's the Physics-based weapons-ban indirectly wiped out the Battalion 108.
We're actually saying the same thing here.
Quote:
General public and all local government start to question if the ban on physics-based weapon really can protect their world and ask the council to lift that ban.
That's correct there. My initial summary saying that cyborgs being the countermeasure against the terrorists is wrong. The push was for both the cyborgs and physics weapons to be legitimised.
Quote:
After a few vote on this issue, the council finally agree to lift the ban. At the same time release Jail in order to start mass-produce the combat cyborgs.
That's where the coup d'etat comes in. The vote was still expected to end up not supporting the legitimisation, but Hayate and co. reversed that by putting some of the higher-ranked members under protective custody.
Quote:
Fate, knowing this, declare herself and some of her team to leave TSAB and demand the council to reconsider that. But the council just delete Fate's service record and declare her as a rebel and launch a attack on them.
That's my huge mistake there. To add, she called upon the higher leadership to reconsider its decision and also to release the members under custody as well.
Quote:
Sorry for my poor English
Your English is not bad at all. Don't worry.

I'll edit my summary, I guess.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:29   Link #16509
Shinzantetsu

Spoiler for slightly risque:
Shinzantetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:30   Link #16510
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Hmm, the Nanoha vs. Fate part sounds disappointing. I'll reserve judgment till I see a translation though.
Old 2008-08-22, 11:34   Link #16511
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Something you said a few hours ago, Comar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis few hours ago View Post
...you need to chill out and stop taking this so goddamn seriously. If you don't like the 40K stuff, then there's a very simple solution for dealing with it: it's called turning the other cheek.

The internets. Serious business.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:38   Link #16512
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

There's a rather large difference between trying a doujin and not liking it, and having someone try to shove 40K crap down your throat. I suggest you learn it before accusing me of hypocrisy, Goose.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:47   Link #16513
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:

Comar, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean its not good. You said you expected an epic battle between Nanoha and Fate but i don't recall the author ever promising something like that. You yourself believed in the hype and when you saw the doujin, you found it lacking but is that the author's fault or yours?

Also we don't even have a proper translation of the story yet... and this is clearly (To me) not the entire story. Please remember that the first few episodes of Nanoha S1 wasn't that good as well (in my opinion) but after Fate came in, it quickly turned better (also in my opinion).

A doujin is in essence a fanfic and what I seen so far is totally plausible. Sure there are a few plot holes mentioned, but I would like to see at least the entire translation before labelling it a failure or not. Like a lot of things, there is too much unsaid, too much unknown.

Lastly calling it an epic failure is way beyond rude in my opinion Comar. If you think its really that bad, perhaps you should try your hand at making a better story.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:53   Link #16514
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzantetsu View Post
Deed and Otto! Finally some art about the church twins! Otto really is manly.

But what's up with the white?
Old 2008-08-22, 11:54   Link #16515
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Where's my Nanoha vs Fate smackdown? Subaru and Mach Caliber getting another Crowning Moment of Awesome is all well and good, but I was expecting an epic slugfest between Blaster Mode Nanoha and Sonic Drive Fate, not a pithy little catfight with Caro/Erio/Subaru having to save Fate's ass at the last second when Fate hasn't even started to get warmed up.
Heh. We're like oposite sides here. I was dreading that the artist would turn it into yet another NanoFate doujin, and shaft all the other characters. And I was glad to find out that Fate got a token fight, much atention was spend on the other characters as well. Subaru damn near scored a hit if Vita hadn't interfered, that was a really tense page.

Quote:
And Hayate not only continues to get shafted as a combatant but gets painted as the villain who freaking instigated this whole thing. That's called character assassination, my friends, and I do not appreciate it being applied to one of my favorite characters.

I think it was the artist playing on the final episode of StrikerS, where Hayate and her friends are talking about Regius, and Accous said 'No matter the type of feelings or thoughts you have, if they become too strong it'll betray your purpose'

What Hayate was doing wasn't wrong. They tried to bring peace back to a land that was torn by chaos and death. They just did it in a way others didn't like.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:56   Link #16516
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
There's a rather large difference between trying a doujin and not liking it, and having someone try to shove 40K crap down your throat. I suggest you learn it before accusing me of hypocrisy, Goose.
All I was saying was that the internets are serious business, and pointing out what you have said previously. Everyone here can come to their own conclusions.

On to more cheerful things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzantetsu View Post
Nice; I can use this. Oh how I can use these.... also Otto looks more masculine while Deed looks... softer, somehow. Maybe because she's smiling... and 2nd pic is lol

As for Hayate being shafted as a combatant, it's because none of the canon cast know how to use artillery.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-08-22 at 12:08.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:00   Link #16517
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Deed and Otto! Finally some art about the church twins! Otto really is manly.

But what's up with the white?
And I was wondering who they are. THX
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:04   Link #16518
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

@Comartemis and Goose: If you wish to continue, please bring your arguments elsewhere. Thanks.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:08   Link #16519
BPHaru

Quote:

I think the action was pretty decent for StrikerS' standard, but I should agree with you, the fighting scene between Nanoha and Fate was a complete disappointment, the kids having to come to save her was ridiculous, I even felt ashamed of the author when I saw that scene.

Anyway without being able to read the Japanese from this doujin, it seems good. I don't think I can consider it "an Epic Fail", I dislike how this author draws facial expressions (specially speaking of Fate-chan, she looks ugly in some panels), but overall I think the artistic quality is good, and without doubting a moment is better than the standard Nanoha H-doujin.

If someone from this site wants to translate this doujin, the problem will be that it's not your usual 20P doujinshi, but it has 70 pages instead, and the text density per page seems to be higher than the average as well, so I don't know if the work will worth it. We wish you luck with that

BTW we will have more NanoFate scanlations going out soon at our site, so look forward to them ^^

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo

Last edited by BPHaru; 2008-08-22 at 12:29.
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:12   Link #16520
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I haven't read BetrayerS yet (Planning to after work) but I doubt it'll be a disappointment... Since I know I'm just looking at it for the battles I already said screw the plot from the teaser.

Just give us fights

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw