AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-21, 11:34   Link #901
ShiniIllumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post

How is that book floating and I guess we get that little Rein as a bonus for the figurine as well??
I think, by looking at different pics of it, it's attached to the sleeve of her barrier jacket. Just barely.

And gosh, this is tempting to buy ;x
Old 2008-06-21, 23:56   Link #902
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

anybody know any online stores that have the Hayate figurine on pre-order?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 01:45   Link #903
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Quote:
Not too sure abt it. I pre-ordered mine locally. But ytd i saw hobbysearch has already open hayate for pre-order. Try there.
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 01:59   Link #904
Plain Crackers

Quote:
Hi, you can try http://ani-play.com/ ..

Man, i can't decide if I should get the figurine. GEH!
Plain Crackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 22:00   Link #905
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Crackers View Post
Hi, you can try http://ani-play.com/ ..

Man, i can't decide if I should get the figurine. GEH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
Not too sure abt it. I pre-ordered mine locally. But ytd i saw hobbysearch has already open hayate for pre-order. Try there.
Thanks for the info.
I'll go check out those places.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:06   Link #906
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

There is a post earlier in the thread with a link to Kidnemo which has the hayate figurine for pre-order. I'm still waiting/hoping for HLJ to put it up, since I'm hesitant about ordering from KNC when the pic released earlier has no price, and the price on Hobysearch is less (even with shipping) then the JNC price.... So I don't know really. I'd much rather order from HLJ tbh, but it isn't up from there and these are likely going to go quick.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 04:16   Link #907
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Hmm...for HLJ i kind of hate their shipping price for EMS. I duno but i feel like its more expensive than normally when i order from other websites. On the other hand i hate SAL too...
Old 2008-06-23, 06:26   Link #908
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

If you are order ani-play, Better do it soon cause if not the price would be more Ex .. So make the decision now or else ... Hehe

Last edited by Chi-no; 2008-06-23 at 21:44.
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 06:36   Link #909
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Checked out the sites and so far, hobby search has the Hayate figurine for 9318 yen...which converts to at least $86. The Ani-play site seems like you have to be a member to order from them. And yeah, I want to wait for Hobby Link Japan to have it up for reservation also, but it seems like they didn't get the notice for it yet. Even though I didn't even buy not one single item from the internet in all my life, I feel much safer ordering from Hobby Link Japan than any other site.

The prices listed on these sites...does that already include shipping?
Old 2008-06-23, 10:26   Link #910
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Nope shipping fees not included yet. But yes HLJ arrived very very fast. 2 days from Japan to Singapore.
Old 2008-06-23, 21:44   Link #911
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I think that is the price before tax and shipping included... But really am a nice figure to collect...
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:13   Link #912
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Totally! Hayate-chan FTW!!!
Old 2008-06-23, 23:02   Link #913
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

I don't think I've ever seen shipping included in the prices listed, especially because most places will ship worldwide and the prices will vary between shipping to the states and say england.

As for the shipping price from HLJ, I've ordered from both them and cdjapan quite a few times in the past, and the price I pay for EMS shipping is (roughly; within a few hundred yen) the same. Each time it's been about 2500ish yen for figurines, less for other things of course.

Old 2008-06-24, 01:19   Link #914
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I pre-ordered mine at an anime shop. roughly $158 CAD, not cheap at all but hey Its Hayate-Chan and its the sculptor who makes the Figure, its alll it matters. But I wouldn't get to see it until X'mas. because I be out of town to study........................this sucks
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 04:34   Link #915
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Is paypal necessary to buy stuff online?
Sorry for all of these dumb questions...this is my first time buying something from the net and I want to prevent identity theft and stuff.

Anyways, if you think about it, this is the only Hayate figurine so far thats going to get released...so its pretty much worth it if you're trying to complete the three aces of the Nanoha series.
Old 2008-06-24, 07:51   Link #916
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
Is paypal necessary to buy stuff online?
Sorry for all of these dumb questions...this is my first time buying something from the net and I want to prevent identity theft and stuff.

Anyways, if you think about it, this is the only Hayate figurine so far thats going to get released...so its pretty much worth it if you're trying to complete the three aces of the Nanoha series.
U can use C.C too directly but using paypal as a middleman is safer. But i usually use paypal, seldom do i use C.C directly unless the website do not support paypal like hobbysearch.
Old 2008-06-24, 09:13   Link #917
Once and Current Subber

Using Paypal isn't really safer.

If something happens and your credit card number is stolen, so long as you're keeping an eye on your account (i.e. reading your bill every month), you can generally tell when fraudulent transactions are taking place, and credit card companies are very good about canceling those transactions and not charging you.

With Paypal, it's a little harder for someone to just take the number and start charging away, sure. But if something goes wrong, you're hosed; Paypal is -emphatically not- good about canceling fraudulent charges. Whatever you do, don't hook Paypal up to a real form of payment, and don't keep a balance in the account!
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 16:48   Link #918
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

While everyone is certainly worried about having their CC stolen online, the fact is that if you only order from big-name trusted sites then the risk is small. To keep in business these places need to keep good security for their online customers or they will go out of business. That isn't to say they couldn't get hacked possibly, but it'll be a bit harder then smaller sites hopefully.

Despite the risks, it's actually probably safest to pay with a CC online, assuming you actually keep track of what gets charged to your CC. The companies who issue the cards are normally very good about dealing with fraud, and will sometimes deny a charge outright if it doesn't fit with your "normal" spending pattern. So like if you only put small things on your CC putting something large could raise a red flag and the card actually put on hold and not usable. Granted, you don't have to link a bank account to paypal to use it, however sometimes merchants will only accept paypal payments linked to a bank account because of an additional cost for processing a CC payment through paypal or something.

Now, by no means am I an expert at online security or anything, all this is said with just past experiences and things friends and others have told me. So obviously you need to take everything said with a grain of salt, since there isn't any denying that shopping online can be risky... but generally the big name sites are pretty safe.

Old 2008-06-24, 23:33   Link #919
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Hmm...true tt big company like HLJ, hobbysearch need to have good security. Thus, i usually trust all these company with little doubts. I don usually put balance in paypal but use the CC whenever i need to.
Old 2008-06-25, 01:26   Link #920
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Question

Well, can you imagine what would happen if they didn't have the good security? People would pretty quickly make the connection between buying from say HLJ and suddenly a bunch of unknown charges appear... and pretty quickly those people would be posting on forums like these warning them off ordering from them. Shortly after HLJ would stop getting orders (well, ok, they would still get some, but the volume would be way down) and go out of business. So it really doesn't pay for the larger companies to NOT have good security. Now, you're little smaller "mom and pop" style online stores are a bit different imo... even though you'd think that they would have more reason to get good security (and they likely do have decent stuff) but because they aren't likely to be as widely known (such as popping up in a random google search for something) it's a bit more of a greyish area. Not to mention the higher chance of knockoffs and un-official things, which should always send a red flag to anyone about buying from them no mater how they pay.

Speaking of HLJ, I emailed them about the Hayate figurine and they said that they do plan to offer for it order, but right now their distributor hasn't given them pricing or a release date. Fair enough, but yet other sites like Kidnemo and Hobbysearch have it up for sale, which makes me wonder about their pre-orders for price (which if you believe hobbysearch then it's still going to be expensive), release date, and how legit they actually are... well more so how many they will get and if they will have to cancel some preorders to fullfil them all.

I guess they (HLJ and KNC/HS) could have different supliers of course, however adding in middlemen is not good for profit... but who knows, maybe I'm just reading too much into this