AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-18, 17:39   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Personally, I'd rather see a remake (hopefully with the original voices) - start from the beginning like that revived batty franchise has done recently and treat the material a bit more honestly. Failing that, just have the third season pick up at some interesting point in the manga and carry it through to a decent ending. The festival arc should have enough action and romance to get the fans roused.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:17   Link #42
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Personally, I'd rather see a remake (hopefully with the original voices) - start from the beginning like that revived batty franchise has done recently and treat the material a bit more honestly. Failing that, just have the third season pick up at some interesting point in the manga and carry it through to a decent ending. The festival arc should have enough action and romance to get the fans roused.
I'm with you there. A faithful adaption of the manga. They already got hopes upo with the second Negima series and crushed them, so if they do eventually make another series they better stick to the manga story. I mean its not like they would have any problem with catching up too fast to the manga story wise.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:41   Link #43
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Which part of the manga does the OVA cover again?
Old 2008-07-19, 21:49   Link #44
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Which part of the manga does the OVA cover again?
Post #11 on this thread.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:55   Link #45
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

.... They didn't animate the school festival, and they want to do this?
Old 2008-07-19, 22:59   Link #46
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The school festival wouldn't fit in an OVA anyways. It's too long.

Edit: Source is Hata from Aquastar forums.
Quote:
someone post a translation of Ken's diary on the OAV, read this as compliment of my original posts. (add this with that is the complete Ken's diary)

[...]

-- Ken is the one who is totally responsible for picking which part of the manga to be animated.

-- festival can only be done by a 13 episodes TV season, tournament will make the show all battle and nothing else. beside the end of Negi losing to Al and no classmates, "what the hack is that?"

[...]

thanx to Chachamaru MK-II for the translation.
Old 2008-08-01, 03:39   Link #47
Kaedin

Wow... Its been quite a while... but its now august but the counter at
http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/index.html
still reads 82581... have they stopped updating it?
Old 2008-08-01, 08:41   Link #48
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedin View Post
Wow... Its been quite a while... but its now august but the counter at
http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/index.html
still reads 82581... have they stopped updating it?
It's the end of OAD #1 deadline. I hear someone said that number just count for OAD #1 Don't sure about that...
I think the counter will continue after OAD #1 release in August 12th.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2008-08-01, 11:04   Link #49
vaatei
*Scanlator

How many episodes is gonna be 3? 1 per 3 month? if it is then this is sad and @#*! &%#

Last edited by vaatei; 2008-08-01 at 12:52.
Old 2008-08-01, 21:12   Link #50
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaatei View Post
How many episodes is gonna be 3? 1 per 3 month? if it is then this is sad and @#*! &%#
Yes.

August 12th, 2008 - OAD #1
November 17th, 2008 - OAD #2
Ferbuary 17th, 2009 - OAD #3

More info: http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/shouhin.html

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2008-08-09, 15:32   Link #51
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaatei View Post
That works for me as I have too much stuff I'm watching and doing to keep up on everything. I mean I'm watching Code Geass, Soul Eater, Xam'd, and Gundam 00(when it starts up again). Not to mention I'm busy with work and hanging with friends so its good to have it spread out for my schedule purposes. I mean its only three episodes so no big deal in waiting as I see it. I'm already greatly behind in watching soul eater.
Old 2008-08-11, 02:10   Link #52
vaatei
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That works for me as I have too much stuff I'm watching and doing to keep up on everything. I mean I'm watching Code Geass, Soul Eater, Xam'd, and Gundam 00(when it starts up again). Not to mention I'm busy with work and hanging with friends so its good to have it spread out for my schedule purposes. I mean its only three episodes so no big deal in waiting as I see it. I'm already greatly behind in watching soul eater.
Sure that's true im just a little annoyed that it's so much time between each episode
Old 2008-08-12, 10:07   Link #53
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

RAW came out! This is the OP

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2008-08-12 at 12:34.
Old 2008-08-12, 11:13   Link #54
Asrialys

SHAFT and their OPs...

Add &fmt=18 at the end of the URL to make the video a little better quality.

Can't wait to watch the episode.

lol Watching it a second time, I noticed that the image of Asuna had the 8 ball pointing somewhere... no doubt pointing out that Asuna is in seat 8

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-08-12 at 11:35.
Old 2008-08-12, 11:44   Link #55
Truth101

AH well I just finished watching it. It was enjoyable. I just wished they had shown more of the fight between Chao and Negi then there was.

I like how Chachamaru was though. She looks real cute with her hair done up like that.

Did the Opening remind anyone else of a target commercial when it went red with the white circles.
Old 2008-08-12, 14:32   Link #56
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
I'll quote what I've said on another forum..

Quote:
Just finished it, and have to say it's my favorite animated version of Negima so far. Episode pacing, Kotaro's VA, magic voice echoes, and animation were all good to me. The only problem I found was lack of character art during the OP. Anyway can't wait until the next one XD

And lol, came out on my birthday, and watched during my birthhour...
Old 2008-08-12, 15:11   Link #57
Mangonel

Now, how long will it take to get this in English on North American shores I wonder.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:41   Link #58
Lesca

I liked it, wasn't that keen on the OP animation but the ED wasn't too bad, reminded me of the other OVA's.
It may have just been my imagination but I thought the VA's sounded a little more tentative than usual, but I thought Kotaro's VA did a good job of him.
I loved Setsuna's expression at the finger licking bit, it was fun in the manga but funnier to see animated
Old 2008-08-12, 15:42   Link #59
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I was for the most part pleased. They did a good job at sticking to the manga, but could have been better as it felt like plenty of stuff was left out. The voice actors were nice for the most part and I enjoyed the animation. I don't I still think this is leaning towards me feeling its better than the other series, but still not living up to my expectations.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2008-08-12 at 15:54.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:50   Link #60
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The prologue was... disapointing. Scattered frames of a few of the best chapters were all we saw, it's almost like it was a 'what happened so far' in an actual series. Cute, but not for me. Not when they did it with most of the scenes I was looking forawrd too. >_< Chao's VA was also... not what I expected. But that's just me. The lack of the "Zaijian!" during her departure scene was what irked me the most.

After the real deal started though, things got really better. A faithfull adaptation of the manga, I really enjoyed the comical capture-the-badges scene, and Yue's magic was far more impressive animated then it was in the manga. Of course seeing Asuna and Chao animated was what made this feel perfect to me, despite Chao's low screentime.

The animation style didn't feel special though... its almost as if they kept is simple so they could use the same style for a TV series...
Closed Thread