Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 16:17   Link #81
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh lordy, if Margaret joins Luffy, I'd love to see her ask Brooke about his "jewels". He'd probably respond with something like "Sure ma'am, but... wait, I have no "kintama"! YOHOHOHO, SKULL SHOCK!!"
My God that alone is enough reason for her to join!
But it's still too early to say either way if she'll join, even though I myself am all for it. There's still plenty of time for her to bring up a tragic past or some odd/impossible dream. The only thing that works against being a possible crew member for me is there's no obvious role for her to fill. I know before Robin joined there was no reason for Luffy to have an archeologist and yet we got one.
It isn't like it was with Brook where we knew the musician spot was wide open and then he produced a violin and said that was his old role.

Also it's clear Kuma wanted Luffy to meet Hancock for some reason, so she must have some important connections that concern Luffy. If we are to believe that Kuma and Dragon are working together, then maybe Hancock knows all about Dragon and his son?

And some news about the anime, the next OP cover is 'We Are' SWEET!! Can't wait!
Old 2008-09-19, 17:10   Link #82
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Just read the translated chapter, and it was very amusing.

There's the explanation about the island, and how it only consists of women... And most of all, they're all strong because of their amazon warrior upbringing and the strongest serve in Boa Hancock's crew.

The kintama jokes were great, and Luffy's demeanor is funny as usual. The girl making all those notes, she now thinks all men can stretch and are slow in the head. XD

Most of the amazons don't seem all that hostile towards him and are just curious, Alephandra Margaret and Sweatpea in particular. But there are some that are hostile and seemingly used Luffy's behaviour as an excuse to get rid of him. There is the "no men" rule after all, probably based on tons of misconceptions. Luffy grabbed Margaret so she isn't in trouble at this point. She's getting friendly quite fast though so this might change.

I like Alephandra too btw, great boob block.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:18   Link #83
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol you know of all the men in the world the first one, most if not all of them come across first is Luffy. It just doesn't leave a good impression or have a good outcome

come to think about it,none of the males of the SH would ever leave a good impression
Old 2008-09-19, 17:19   Link #84
Prestige

I enjoyed this chapter greatly

Omg after pages 8-9 I had to collect my jaw from floor... Omg Luffy standing naked front of tens of womans who are staring his erm...jewels lol. Omg if I would had mirror during chapter I think I would blushed lol.

Amazing info about island and its culture, action is building again and I adore Margaret more and more after every panel .

Master story-teller Oda is again building story and who Hancock really is and do she has any info?

Luffy facing entire Amazon force in next chapters...this can get furious =)
Old 2008-09-19, 18:34   Link #85
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude this chapter is awesome lol!!! Freaking Luffy I swear! ><!
Old 2008-09-19, 18:38   Link #86
vampire_innocen

Poor Sanji

I wonder what will be sanji's reaction when he gets to know that Luffy was in land of women.........
I CANT WAITTTTTTT........
Old 2008-09-19, 18:40   Link #87
james0246

Is it just me, are is anyone else getting Star Trek flashbacks during the Margaret/Luffy scenes.

Margaret: "What is this 'kintama' that you speak of?"
Old 2008-09-19, 21:01   Link #88
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still think Hancock is one of 4 sea empress, not Shichinibukai. But then her level might be too much for Luffy (alone) to handle.

Maybe she is just a really strong pirate
Old 2008-09-19, 21:38   Link #89
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I still think Hancock is one of 4 sea empress, not Shichinibukai. But then her level might be too much for Luffy (alone) to handle.

I think it specifically said she was the pirate empress. Whenever someone says the pirate empress, they always mention her name specifically, and vice versa. If there were more she would be referred to as one of the pirate empresses.

My forecast: There's about a 1% chance of her being a yonkou, and a 75% chance of her being a shichibukai. If she's neither, then perhaps she's simply the strongest female pirate in the world and second only to the yonkou. If that's the case then that would be nice for a change. All we here about as far as pirates are the big names like the yonkou and the shichibukai. I've always wondered if there were any pirates in between, who weren't quite strong enough to be a yonkou, but still famous enough to be respected. That's of course not including the supernovas who are all rookie pirates.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-09-19, 21:53   Link #90
marvelB

For the moment I still believe that she's a Shichibukai, but if she turns out to just be a legendary pirate like Rayleigh, then I'm cool with that, too. Either way, I'm unsure if Luffy will stand a chance against her.... especially if she's truly the world's strongest female pirate (her sisters may be another story, though). But again, if she turns out to be Luffy's mother, then an epic battle wouldn't really be necessary. I mean, I doubt that Kuma sent Luffy to Amazon Lily just to place him in yet another sticky situation.

Oh, and I hope that Hancock has her own unique laugh. Even if she doesn't have a snake-themed power, I'd love for her to have a kind of hissing laugh....
Old 2008-09-19, 21:56   Link #91
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
For the moment I still believe that she's a Shichibukai, but if she turns out to just be a legendary pirate like Rayleigh, then I'm cool with that, too. Either way, I'm unsure if Luffy will stand a chance against her.... especially if she's truly the world's strongest female pirate (her sisters may be another story, though). But again, if she turns out to be Luffy's mother, then an epic battle wouldn't really be necessary. I mean, I doubt that Kuma sent Luffy to Amazon Lily just to place him in yet another sticky situation.

Oh, and I hope that Hancock has her own unique laugh. Even if she doesn't have a snake-themed power, I'd love for her to have a kind of hissing laugh....
So kuma knew where he was sending them?
Old 2008-09-19, 22:34   Link #92
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So kuma knew where he was sending them?
yea it was told that only Kuma knows where he sends people with is uber power
Old 2008-09-19, 22:48   Link #93
scifijimmy

Interesting chapter. Just have to wait to see who this "Pirate Empress" is.
Old 2008-09-19, 23:10   Link #94
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I don't think so, perhaps you're thinking of John Hancock.
Actually, there WAS a privateer named Hancock.
Thomas Hancock, American privateer and uncle of John Hancock.
Old 2008-09-20, 00:35   Link #95
Slayerx

Hmm... looking over the chapter i think we are heading towards the "A few locals take side of hero against their own people to reform them for the better" kind of storyline... kinda similar to skypia, except everyone loves the rulers instead of fearing them; big difference since the few locals are not just challenging the leaders, but the whole society

so far... i'm guessing margaret will not be joining the crew and will instead stay behind to help oversee the reformed society; a little like how Vivi had to stay behind... though its still early to say that as the society can be reformed but not really need her help to keep going and thus free her up to leave if she wishes... we must wait and see if she expressing the tell tale one piece signs for potential crew member... after reading the chapter, i'm putting her at only like 25% at best( a little above Conis level)... she's very likable and i gonna go ahead and assume that she will be an ally to Luffy in this arc and end up challenging her fellow amazons for his sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

You really think, Hancock the beautiful pirate empress looks like one these people?

Aside from Shanks and whitebeard, one looks overweight and the other looks too manly

Though responding to an earlier related comment i recall someone made... I think Lola's mom is totally the fat one amongst those 4 emperors... Much like Lola, i expect her mother to have the same big build and be rather ugly and that big grinning face would fit fairly well.. her crew did say she was a really great pirate in the new world, and the strawhats might have some good use to having strong allies in the new world aside from shanks... granted though, if mama has lola's card then she might know something bad happened to her after the strawhats left thiller bark and will want answers
Old 2008-09-20, 02:40   Link #96
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

After reading chapter 515, I'm wondering if Hebihime-sama and Boa Hancock are supposed to be the same person or if they are sisters (Margaret mentioned Hancock had two younger sisters)?
Old 2008-09-20, 03:20   Link #97
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Okay, if Margareth's gonna be the new crewmate in future, I know some guys in ship that can gladly show her the famous kintama Awesome pervertedly funny chapter as always!
Old 2008-09-20, 08:51   Link #98
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ugh why am I having this reaction. I know it's One Piece. I know there isn't supposed to be couples. Having said that .....I am now an official LuffyxMargy shipper. Make it happen Oda. If Luffy is gonna be Pirate King he needs a good wench at his side.
Old 2008-09-20, 09:12   Link #99
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
After reading chapter 515, I'm wondering if Hebihime-sama and Boa Hancock are supposed to be the same person or if they are sisters (Margaret mentioned Hancock had two younger sisters)?

The translations I've read all implied that the "Snake Princess" and "Pirate Empress" are the same person. So yeah, I think it's safe to assume that both titles refer to Boa herself.

And... I know some people may assume that she may turn out to be fat (like pre-DF Alvida or Lola,) or just plain ugly, but I'm still not sure about that since she seems to be quite well-known amongst the outside world for her beauty. However, there's the possibility that she may have an even darker secret: She could turn out to be a man in drag (or an okama in other words). I don't really like that idea myself (since I'd also like to see a truly powerful female pirate for once), but it could happen.....
Old 2008-09-20, 13:49   Link #100
james0246

^Well, as this chapter showed us, Beauty = Heavy-set. So, it could be that her crew calls her beautiful (and consequently rumours have labeled her as beautiful), but she looks just like Whitebeard, or some other heavy-set muscular man.
Closed Thread