AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 12:34   Link #1741
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Geh heh....geh heh heh heh heh heh~

My gawd, Sanae's a powerhouse. She and Nibutani are great additions to the club.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 12:51   Link #1742
teja208
Critical fanboy

Shinka needs to consider using more violent physical approach on Deko if she's really that desperate. Just take for example how Yuuta and to greater extent Toka handle Rikka. A few knock knock on the head should be enough for Deko to hand over the rest of the copies.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:03   Link #1743
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's quite different actually, they are obviously making Shinka out to be three layered: her extra goody goody side which she uses to face everyone outside; her "bitchy" real side where she says what she really feels about others (not just Deko-chan but how others are noisy, annoying etc, refer to her entrance in Lite 5, a comparison was made with Toradora's Ami, which is very fitting), and then there's her even deeper "chuuni" past.

Yuuta's natural/non-chuuni self is actually a nice person, in a sense Yuuta is actually a better person than Shinka.
I'd like to add to this.
Yuuta does not talk down on people like how Shinka does. Basically what Yuuta does it different versions of "stop that" in combo with a chop. He never goes as far as telling someone "hey you're a loser for being like that," which is what Shinka does to Yuuta when he revealed his past.

Shinka doing the 180 actually did surprised me... I was like "holy f**k!" If she only hated her past in a similar way like Yuuta, I would be fine with it, but she goes farther than that as I have stated above. Because of this, she has dropped on my "I really like this character" list. However, I'm going to reserve my final judgement until I learn some more about her. I'm willing to believe she was just in a foul mood and only talks down on people when she feels that way. Although, that might be expecting too much from her...
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:04   Link #1744
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
A few knock knock on the head should be enough for Deko to hand over the rest of the copies.
Still it would be futile, since Dekomori downloaded it from the net, she could have uploaded copies of it in several free sites and even emailed them to several email adressess and all she needs is to go to a photocopy shop with some pocket money and an usb stick and presto, new copy, that is why Rikka said she has infinite copies. So now niBUTAnii has to observe them closely to be sure they are not planning a campaign to tell the whole school about her past (I know that is paranoid, but she is paranoid).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:25   Link #1745
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Shinka needs to consider using more violent physical approach on Deko if she's really that desperate. Just take for example how Yuuta and to greater extent Toka handle Rikka. A few knock knock on the head should be enough for Deko to hand over the rest of the copies.
She tried that already, but Dekomori has a super-hard head. And, as ogon_bat suggested, she probably has a widely distributed backup.

Personally, I still like Shinka. She's horrible, but highly amusing. I'm just watching her in a show, not being with her in real life, fortunately.

I am looking forward to both Yuuta and Shinka forgetting themselves and sinking back into chuunibyou, at least from time to time. I loved that little curse-ceremony that Shinka tried. Somehow, it seems to me that Rikka and Dekomori are the strongest characters here. Or maybe Kumin, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:36   Link #1746
Ridwan

Damn ! Now I wish Kyon was the MC....
Old 2012-10-25, 13:41   Link #1747
Lukeman1884

Here's a thought: Yuuta gave in and joined partially because of Nibutani, right? So now that her motives are revealed, what's keeping him in the club?
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:49   Link #1748
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Here's a thought: Yuuta gave in and joined partially because of Nibutani, right? So now that her motives are revealed, what's keeping him in the club?
Inertia.

Old 2012-10-25, 13:58   Link #1749
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

Quote:
Of course it's Rikka
Old 2012-10-25, 14:28   Link #1750
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Sparkling Daydream

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Japan Text:

Spoiler for Translation:

Spoiler for Romaji:

Last edited by RRW; 2012-10-25 at 14:54.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:43   Link #1751
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Same reason why he followed Rikka around even before the club was made: he feels somewhat obligated to look after them because of his past.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:49   Link #1752
tsunade666

The episode is full of riot, moe and comedy overload that each episode is a winner itself but even if each episode feels like a masterpiece on their own. I still can't see the further plot of the story. I'm enjoying the series as it for the total laughs but further plot still needs to be revealed. Though at least all the characters are finally reveal so I think the real plot will be reveal bit by bit or being a chuuni and ex-chuuni coping in the society will be the main plot of the story or from chuuni into an ex-chuuni. Small possibilities that doesn't show hints yet for me.
Old 2012-10-25, 14:54   Link #1753
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
They're basically like the extra shorts you'd find on a DVD release, just being done so outside a DVD context. Cute little side stories.
Which reminds me... Is there any news about it? Apparently the Lite episodes won't be included in the disc release. AFAIK the extras included in it are a new set of specials.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:58   Link #1754
Goggen

Great episode. Shinka's not terribly bright, though, is she? If she wanted to keep her past a secret, she would have succeeded had she just kept her mouth shut... Yuuta didn't make the connection until she basically spelled it out for him, and Sanae didn't even believe her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shinka's 180 and crushing Yuuta's hopes was amusing at first, but I don't like the afterthought of the first/main girl winning in romance so easily.
"Winning" implies there's a contest. There isn't. Only one girl has shown any genuine interest in Yuuta. It's been said before but it bears repeating: This is not a harem romance.
Old 2012-10-25, 15:19   Link #1755
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
"Winning" implies there's a contest. There isn't. Only one girl has shown any genuine interest in Yuuta. It's been said before but it bears repeating: This is not a harem romance.
Saying "winning" does not automatically imply that there is a harem going on. IMO, it's about which girl is going to gain the love of which guy and vise versa. It's like a game within life, will you capture your love's interest or will another girl/guy will? Succeeding on capturing your love's heart can be similar in saying "I won this girl/guy for the rest of my years." In that sense, yes there is a contest going on, it's a part of everyone's life.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 15:19   Link #1756
hilly
hilly

Every episode are really enjoyable!

Well,if someone take your diary and starting a cult from it,you would be reacting like Shinka~
Maybe even the Bible is a chuni-byo diary from a person long time ago, fantasizing about the creation of the world~
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 15:39   Link #1757
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Succeeding on capturing your love's heart can be similar in saying "I won this girl/guy for the rest of my years." In that sense, yes there is a contest going on, it's a part of everyone's life.
Maybe so, but that wasn't the context in which the word was used in this case, hence my reply.

On topic, I liked the original OP better than the altered one. The new one with the dialled-down intensity just lacks that extra "punch" IMO.
Old 2012-10-25, 16:04   Link #1758
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Maybe so, but that wasn't the context in which the word was used in this case, hence my reply.

On topic, I liked the original OP better than the altered one. The new one with the dialled-down intensity just lacks that extra "punch" IMO.
I'm sure that epileptics are glad they won't be KO'd by it. It was a bit over the top. It can be punchy enough without going all over the place...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:08   Link #1759
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the New op is less "genki" compare to lass one. which not really fit to how "genki" the series is

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:37   Link #1760
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'm only happy that OP got toned down, it nearly gave me headaches. It still is one of the worst ops I've ever seen but now at least it's bearable.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen