AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-25, 07:36   Link #1
Spooky-Electric

I've watched up up to Episode 8 now and I feel really pissed off

Takiyuki annoys the hell out of me. When he kissed and was about to do Huraka in the hospital I cringed. I mean, I feel bad for Haruka and all, but he needs to stop playing these damn games and tell her what's up as far as him and Mitsuki. I know it sounds really cruel considering what she's been through, but this is really frustrating to watch. She's been in a coma for like 3 freaking years.. you can't just show up after that and do her in the hospital bed and pretend like everything's okay!

Haruka is the one with the illness and in the hospital but it's really Mitsuke I feel bad for. And I'm starting to feel an anger towards Huraka for some reason along with Takiyuki. I dunno, I feel so much anger after watching these episodes!

Everytime they do that spell everything, ugh, it just seems so fake. I don't think I've ever really been pissed off at someone in an anime this much before.

Sorry for posting before I watching the entire series, but I wanted to vent my frustrations. I hope every episode doesn't leave me this pissed off and annoyed with Takiyuki! It started off great but now I'm just becoming frustrated with each episode I finish.

Last edited by Spooky-Electric; 2004-02-25 at 07:47.
Old 2004-02-25, 08:38   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'm sure you are not alone on this issue.... I've seen many people thinking Takiyuki deserve to die.
Old 2004-02-25, 12:17   Link #3
Mentar
Banned

Sorry to say so, but things will go from bad to worse - MUCH worse.

Welcome to KimiNozo :->
Old 2004-02-25, 14:19   Link #4
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
"Umm yha"... Welcome to the club... to tell u the truth.. the anime was just too much for me... I keep on putting myself in there position, and i just angry everytime he did something wrong... Ahh i just couldnt take it, but i watched it to the end.. oh well... cant complain for lost time T_T
Old 2004-02-26, 02:27   Link #5
FreeJPA

Hrm... I wanted to say something about the future reference to Bakayuki.. but then it would be a spoiler :P

But yea, putting yourself in their position helps connect with the characters... and well, I don't think many ppl can "connect" with Takayuki because of his decidsions.
Old 2004-03-08, 16:38   Link #6
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Thumbs down Arrggg!!!!

I don't understand why they just couldn't tell Haruka that three years has gone by. In reality wouldn't She would notice her hair being that much longer???? I watched through six and couldn't take anymore!!!! I am with all of you.........
Old 2004-03-08, 19:35   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Way to revive a dead topic...

all your answers are explained by using the "search" button.

i.e: "I don't understand why they just couldn't tell Haruka that three years has gone by. In reality wouldn't She would notice her hair being that much longer???? I watched through six and couldn't take anymore!!!!"

-because the anime didn't explain throughly as the game - "a person who just came out of a coma is in a state of semi-shock. Anything, in this case - the passage of three years, can induce a tremendous shock to the patient which can result in a relapse into a secondary coma."
Old 2004-03-08, 22:02   Link #8
loki9x
大魔王

Also, she's very confused, she has no short-term memory, no sense of time, etc, etc. Note how when Takayuki and Mitsuki visit her, she says hello to Mitsuki twice. Likewise, she appears to have been conscious for a number of weeks before the first hospital visit (note Mitsuki's calendar of dates to see real-estate agents), but is unable to measure that duration or evaluate its implications, later only telling Takayuki that she's scared; that time seems to be running through her fingers. Even if the medical staff claimed that she was "still too weak" for visitors, it begs credulity that a girl would under normal circumstances only think of how badly she'd like to see her boyfriend, without being surprised or concerned that he hasn't seen her for that long a time since she woke up.
Old 2004-03-09, 08:06   Link #9
Newton

Send a message via ICQ to Newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Sorry to say so, but things will go from bad to worse - MUCH worse.

Welcome to KimiNozo :->
I agree with you, it really goes worse up until the very end...
But i still really dislike Takayuki
Old 2004-03-09, 10:09   Link #10
Onegai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton

Don't you think you shouldn't say things like this to someone who hasn't finished the series? It sorta ruins the suspense and surprise.
Old 2004-03-09, 11:44   Link #11
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton
I'd say it goes worse and worse to the very end.
Old 2004-04-12, 03:27   Link #12
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Lol

I'm at Episode 10 (way to stop at a cliff-hanger!) and I totally agree with u in that I'm exhasperated completely with Takayuki. Perhaps it's his indecision and obvious oblivion to his surroundings that make him so annoying. On the other hand, I'm actually a Mitsuki fan (which, by my understanding, is punishable by death on these forums) but note I'm only at ep. 10. It's just her blind devotion that makes her so pathetic and pitiable. If she's willing to throw her life away to go sleep with a low-life like Takayuki, I guess that's her decision...
Old 2004-04-12, 08:42   Link #13
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I'd say it goes worse and worse to the very end.
What's so wrong with the end? I actually liked it....
Old 2004-04-12, 21:40   Link #14
Haruka's Blade

I just finished Kiminozo yesterday, and I must say no other anime has ever pissed me off more than this. Takayuki deserves to have his balls cut off, and then see them get eaten by the blond diner girl. I understand three years is pretty long, and most people would end up going out with someone else if they weren't married, but damn! It sucks to see it happen, especially to someone like Haruka, and because I blame the accident on both Takayuki and Mitsuki. They need to go to hell, yeah... they sure do. Bastards.

Still need to get over the ending... "THEY NEED TO GO STEP ON CAT SHIT!"
Old 2004-04-12, 22:02   Link #15
MasafumiGotoh

Thats why on the Anime Sugguestions I posted earlier this anime was #2 instead of #1 cause you get pissed that the story never develops. Its just I like Haruka. Now i Like Mitsuki. Now back to Haruka. Now I like the manager. Now i Like Myself. Now I hate everyone. Now I like the cat shiet girl cause shes hott!

Now I hate love triangles.

To think the series is only 13 episodes long and the story switches back and forth over and over. To me this anime is overrated.
Old 2004-04-13, 00:22   Link #16
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
I'm at Episode 10 (way to stop at a cliff-hanger!) and I totally agree with u in that I'm exhasperated completely with Takayuki. Perhaps it's his indecision and obvious oblivion to his surroundings that make him so annoying. On the other hand, I'm actually a Mitsuki fan (which, by my understanding, is punishable by death on these forums) but note I'm only at ep. 10. It's just her blind devotion that makes her so pathetic and pitiable. If she's willing to throw her life away to go sleep with a low-life like Takayuki, I guess that's her decision...
Ambience Blue: It's not so - while the anime was running, I think it was around 40% Mitsuki supporters, 40% Haruka supporters, 5% Akane and 5% Kill-them-all ... I was and still am a Mitsuki supporter too

Spoiler-containing addendum:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-13, 03:48   Link #17
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiance Blue
...On the other hand, I'm actually a Mitsuki fan (which, by my understanding, is punishable by death on these forums) but note I'm only at ep. 10.
Being a Mitsuki is punishable by death, huh? Well, then my friend. Welcome to the death row.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-04-13 at 16:07.
Old 2004-04-13, 13:46   Link #18
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
What's so wrong with the end? I actually liked it....
even to the end Takayuki can't make up his mind and make his choice but had to let Haruka kick his butt to Mitsuki. This guy is simply hopeless. What if Haruka didn't practically kick him to Mitsuki? mostly likely he'll just hang around Haruka doing nothing. I don't think the Tayayuki in the anime is worthy of any of the girls, he deserves to get his nails slowly and painfully pulled out one by one, then some salt onto the wounds, then hang upside down from a tree, then blow his head off with a shotgun.
Old 2004-04-13, 14:26   Link #19
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Well...he can't make up his mind cause he's torn between the both of them...Haruka, the one he loved in the beginning....Mitsuki, one of his best friends that was there for him when the accident occured (although he seemed to favor Haruka more) and in 3 years a lot can happen...and having Haruka's parents tell him personally to stop visiting Haruka also made him go to Mitsuki.

I mean there is only so long a person can go w/o losing some hope at least, and again Haruka's parents didn't help the fact either...so with his hope growing less and less and Mitsuki being there to help him in his trouble times...he started growing feelings for her

And Haruka rejecting him was what i liked about the ending...to me there was no serious sad ending...of course it was upsetting seeing them leave each other...but then again i've always been on Mitsuki's side ...and it was her decision (not Takayuki) for them to "break up" for lack of better words and in the end i think it worked out just fine...both Takayuki and Mitsuki were happy...and Haruka did what she wanted to do...not the happiest of endings...but not sad either
Old 2004-04-14, 02:49   Link #20
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Haha

I actually finished the series (and not u guys, but thx to some other thread in which ppl didn't know how to use spoiler tags) I found out indirectly who Takayuki picks. Well, there went the rest of the show for me... Anyhow, I watched it to the end and I was actually rather satisfied with it. Haruka makes the decision herself, and she does regain a part of her life. And as Takayuki correctly notes, Haruka is no longer the dreamy, ephemeral creature he knew three years ago. After watching Mitsuki in the last four episodes, I'm even more swayed towards her. I have no idea why she's so devoted to him, but the fact that she has absolutely nothing else in the world just kinda runs thru ur thoughts for a bit. The one thing that bothered me was the fact that Haruka's book wasn't about four friends as I was expecting it to be (from Episode 2?). I felt that the whole "friends" motif ran pretty strong through the whole series, then dissolved suddenly. The book is about Haruka's recovery and hardships (which got approximately 2 sec. of air time). I know she was hurt by the whole incident, but she talks about memories, and I was pretty sure there would be some mention of that sort (just being picky). On the other hand, I'm convinced that Takayuki is just about the most socially-inept character ever created. He blows off a trillion opportunities to save everything, then just randomly wanders around til someone beats the sh*t out of him. (Go Shinji!)
Closed Thread