AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-07, 21:05   Link #241
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
He must know - I can't believe after all this time, Raki still doesn't at least know the basics about the truths concerning Yoma, Awakened Beings etc etc.
he does know the basics of yoma and awakened beings. isley-sama probably did say something but didn't really go into detail since raki is focused in gettin' stronger. besides, raki is a smart individual.
Old 2010-07-07, 21:34   Link #242
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
We haven't seen Rubel for awhile, I'm starting 2 wonder what he is up 2. Should we be worried that we've haven't seen Rubel?
Old 2010-07-07, 22:17   Link #243
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
he does know the basics of yoma and awakened beings. isley-sama probably did say something but didn't really go into detail since raki is focused in gettin' stronger. besides, raki is a smart individual.
Hard to say - Maybe Isley told him everything he knew, or maybe Isley only told him what he wanted him to know .
Old 2010-07-08, 00:09   Link #244
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Hard to say - Maybe Isley told him everything he knew, or maybe Isley only told him what he wanted him to know .
well don't forget Clare taught him stuff aswell such as at Elena's awakening he found out the truth about awakened beings.
Old 2010-07-08, 00:17   Link #245
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
well don't forget Clare taught him stuff aswell such as at Elena's awakening he found out the truth about awakened beings.
I actually sort of forgot about that , it's been ages since I read the earliest chapters.

Elena....I sort of wonder why she wasn't in Extra Chapter 4. She was supposed to be Claire's "best friend" or something, but she's nigh-forgettable. Not that she sticks out like a sore-thumb, it's just hard to remember her at all, and to be Claire's close friend like that is a huge feat in my opinion 0_0.

She could be just a product of early-writing and Yagi may have made a mistake in her creation, but what he should do now is, instead of pretending she doesn't exist, go further and develop her, so we see this friendship between the two.
Old 2010-07-08, 00:32   Link #246
evil_kenshin

Quote:
I actually sort of forgot about that , it's been ages since I read the earliest chapters.

Elena....I sort of wonder why she wasn't in Extra Chapter 4. She was supposed to be Claire's "best friend" or something, but she's nigh-forgettable. Not that she sticks out like a sore-thumb, it's just hard to remember her at all, and to be Claire's close friend like that is a huge feat in my opinion 0_0.

She could be just a product of early-writing and Yagi may have made a mistake in her creation, but what he should do now is, instead of pretending she doesn't exist, go further and develop her, so we see this friendship between the two.
It would be a moot point by now no one at all (readers/claymore characters) has any real desire to know more about a minor character such as Elena so a waste of space.

Maybe in another extra chapter but personally I don't really want the main chapters to dedicate themselves to a side character who has no relevance in this story (she was a plot device to explain the awakening process to the readers & to raki).

I don't mean this harshly about Elena but it would be like yagi suddenly deciding to dedicate a chapter about that other claymore trainee that graduated with Clare its not important at all to the main story.

The only reason those two became friends (Elena and Clare) was due to they shared a room (I presume that they were paired off but that the number 1 normally stays alone except in Alicia + Beths case) & joined at the same time.

Its also possible that Elena and that claymore Clare graduated with are the same people just that she has longer hair (and she wasn't as angsty towards Clare any more which explains her friendlier attitude towards Clare).

anyway I would prefer that yagi doesn't do anything of the sort

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2010-07-08 at 01:00.
Old 2010-07-08, 02:30   Link #247
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Elena 'graduated' and started taking missions after Clare... almost the entire extra-chapter was about Clare's graduation, so it's understandable she didn't appear. And yes, she was quite a plot device to explain the awakening stuff... a minor character who accomplished her role. Let her rest at ease.
Old 2010-07-08, 02:32   Link #248
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Elena 'graduated' and started taking missions after Clare... almost the entire extra-chapter was about Clare's graduation, so it's understandable she didn't appear. And yes, she was quite a plot device to explain the awakening stuff... a minor character who accomplished her role. Let her rest at ease.
One thing i'll agree with Shiek is that its a bit odd she did not appear in extra chapter 4, since Clare says "joined the organisation at the same time" yet in extra chapter 4 Clares the loner picked on by everyone yagi screwed up in that regards.

but yea let her rest, she done her job as a plot device and doesn't need to be seen or mentioned again
Old 2010-07-08, 03:40   Link #249
MalakTawus

Quote:
One thing i'll agree with Shiek is that its a bit odd she did not appear in extra chapter 4, since Clare says "joined the organisation at the same time" yet in extra chapter 4 Clares the loner picked on by everyone yagi screwed up in that regards.
Maybe they became friends during the "transformation",but after that they were separated in different groups for training,that's why Claire was a loner.
Old 2010-07-08, 03:58   Link #250
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Maybe they became friends during the "transformation",but after that they were separated in different groups for training,that's why Claire was a loner.
its always possible
Old 2010-07-08, 10:26   Link #251
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
He probably already knows an indefinite amount - Isley most likely taught him quite a bit about the Organization and what is common knowledge to the warriors and us.
Well, Raki knew exactly when to defend and with what, when he was fighting that yoma back in Rabona alongside Prissy that is. And he knew exactly when to attack and where to cut to be precise. No doubt that these trends were taught to him by the man, Isley that is. Which is why, I do agree, so much with Shieky, on this particular point.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:43   Link #252
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Well, Raki knew exactly when to defend and with what, when he was fighting that yoma back in Rabona alongside Prissy that is. And he knew exactly when to attack and where to cut to be precise. No doubt that these trends were taught to him by the man, Isley that is. Which is why, I do agree, so much with Shieky, on this particular point.
not Rabona lol in Doga (had a good laugh due to the claymore volume 16 which I finally have bought which made a similar mistake done by the translators except in a different town)
Old 2010-07-08, 10:51   Link #253
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
not Rabona lol in Doga (had a good laugh due to the claymore volume 16 which I finally have bought which made a similar mistake done by the translators except in a different town)
And I do agree with you as well, evil twin of kenshin, that Clare also did teach Raki a thing or two. You have no idea how easy it is to make silly similar mistakes like mixing up names e k. Thanks for correcting it though.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:53   Link #254
evil_kenshin

Quote:
And do agree with you as well, evil twin of kenshin, that Clare also did teach Raki a thing or two. You have no idea how easy it is to make silly similar mistakes like that all the time e k. Thanks for correcting it though.
sorry I know its easy to make mistakes Just found it funny I was annoyed about how the official manga has that error earlier today (though Rubel calls the town he reunites with Clare in Rabona) then I see it online too
Old 2010-07-08, 10:57   Link #255
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
sorry I know its easy to make mistakes Just found it funny I was annoyed about how the official manga has that error earlier today (though Rubel calls the town he reunites with Clare in Rabona) then I see it online too
No need to be sorry e k, I'm honored to be corrected by someone as dedicated as you. Come to think of it, like you said, the official manga should not have mistakes like that now shouldn't it.
Old 2010-07-08, 11:02   Link #256
evil_kenshin

Quote:
No need to be sorry e k, I'm honored to be corrected by someone as dedicated as you. Come to think of it, like you said, the official manga should not have mistakes like that now shouldn't it.
lets form a angry mob against Viz for this outrage
Old 2010-07-08, 11:20   Link #257
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
lets form a angry mob against Viz for this outrage
That's an excellent idea, we probably should get Ryus and Sheik to join in too.
Old 2010-07-08, 11:21   Link #258
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
But how much did Isley know? I doubt he knew about the true purpose of the Organization and that the entire island is an experiment.

What did Viz screw up exactly??
Old 2010-07-08, 11:25   Link #259
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
But how much did Isley know? I doubt he knew about the true purpose of the Organization and that the entire island is an experiment.

Isley most likely would of known the most due to the Island was only starting up then (so things like yoma would be new as would the island and there would still be people that knew that they had been moved somewhere)

having Rubel call the town he re-encountered Clare in (when clare cynthia and yuma were fighting together) Rabona is just one of the mistakes viz made lol
Old 2010-07-08, 11:29   Link #260
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

That's actually quite debatable....for all we know, he may have even been sent to the mainland.

One thing is for sure about Isley: he is a strategist, and wants people to know what he wants them to know. He is intelligent, methodical....we can only guess what he truly knew.

---

That's my problem with Elena; yes I am aware she is a plot-device, but at the same time, she was Claire's friend....their's something about having that significance that makes her both totally forgettable, and unforgettable. For all we know, Elena could have been the closest to her after Teresa, and before Raki....she could have been closer to then all the Ghosts.

The other problem is that Claymore really isn't supposed to have plot-devices; while Yagi has goofed on that part recently(Zombie-Dauf), for the most part, their are no "one-shot" characters, but Elena fills that role. She contradicts one of the story's main positive attributes, and it wouldn't be such a big deal if she didn't have the understated important role of being Claire's friend.

It's nothing crazy: put her in the next Extra Chapter, bring her up in the next databook....Yagi should do something to remind himself and us that she actually existed.