Old 2008-04-05, 20:16   Link #2661
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Tis true! I mean.. if....
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-04-05, 20:34   Link #2662
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
Tis true! I mean.. if....
Spoiler for manga:
No ifs about it... plus before Rukia even steped on the scene Grand Fisher also chainged his life a great deal. So there...
Old 2008-04-05, 21:21   Link #2663
Langus
Optimus Prime

BleachOD: It wasn't meant as a backhanded compliment, just a compliment.

I'm an IchiRukia fan myself so don't get me wrong, but I still can't concede that anything we've discussed up until now is "proof" or "fact". It is all speculation until it is made fact by a pairing being realized somewhere down the road in the manga (or anime).

And if I'm not mistaken, that monologue you posted is Orihime's...Even though Kubo is speaking through her it's not proof or fact of anything beyond what we can already agree upon - that Orihime realizes there is a special connection between Ichigo and Rukia. That's about it.
Old 2008-04-06, 03:51   Link #2664
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
BleachOD: It wasn't meant as a backhanded compliment, just a compliment.

I'm an IchiRukia fan myself so don't get me wrong, but I still can't concede that anything we've discussed up until now is "proof" or "fact". It is all speculation until it is made fact by a pairing being realized somewhere down the road in the manga (or anime).

And if I'm not mistaken, that monologue you posted is Orihime's...Even though Kubo is speaking through her it's not proof or fact of anything beyond what we can already agree upon - that Orihime realizes there is a special connection between Ichigo and Rukia. That's about it.
And not only that but all Orihime says is that Rukia is an importent Because she changed Ichigo's life. In terms of romance this has little to no bearing I my self can think of many people of both genders that are importent to me because they have changed my life but I have no romantic intrest in any of them. As someone said before you could almost completely swap Rukia and Renji in the story and have pretty much no change to the dialog between them and Ichigo, all though you might lose a few jokes or they would get a lot weirder, (start of the mod soul arc comes to mind)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-04-06, 05:08   Link #2665
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
And not only that but all Orihime says is that Rukia is an importent Because she changed Ichigo's life. In terms of romance this has little to no bearing I my self can think of many people of both genders that are importent to me because they have changed my life but I have no romantic intrest in any of them.
My insane history teacher changed my life yet I have no romantic feelings for him, many people have changed my life including women and I have developed romantic feelings for only one, and the only way she has changed my life was by being my girlfriend. So I would agree with you that romance isn't the forgone conclusion of changing someone's life. There's something else to romance which is more natural and doesn't come from a particular cause, it just sort of happens because you love that person for who they are and not what they've done for you.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2008-04-06 at 16:04.
Old 2008-04-06, 05:18   Link #2666
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I guess the truth hurts so it's better to deny eh... LOL *Throws holy water and drops IchiRuki memorabilia in your bedroom* Be gone demon!

Don't worry I will save you....
I was happier before you convinced me that Orihime-Ichigo is unlikely . I'm still hopeful (without any logical reason for hope) that Kubo will prove you wrong. But yeah, props to you, OD .
Old 2008-04-06, 05:50   Link #2667
morgus

I think what inoue said was that she was more than just a friend to ichigo, not that she's just a friend who changed his life.Does that even make sense?

Last edited by morgus; 2008-04-06 at 07:37.
Old 2008-04-06, 11:30   Link #2668
shinigami_wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Umm, actaually to be specific, it was Isshin who turned Ichigo's world around from being a normal human. So even though that was said( by Kubo through Orihime) it was not accurate because of the events that unfolded shortly after...
I have to disagree with you on this.

Rukia did change Ichigo's life.

Spoiler for what Rukia did:

I feel that this yet another trick to somehow lessen Rukia's role in Bleach. Quite similar to claims that Rukia really isn't the heroine in the story... Now apparently she wasn't the one who changed Ichigo's life.

Also, many Ichigo/Inoue supporters claim that Inoue is able to understand Ichigo better than anyone else (which I don't really buy), so if that is true, then why is she wrong this time?
Old 2008-04-06, 12:13   Link #2669
chocofancy

For me........Ichigo and Rukia

I'm a newbie..nice to meet you all (^v^)/*
Old 2008-04-06, 14:46   Link #2670
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
@Monir...No wonder you don't read em. You're with them. I guess the truth hurts so it's better to deny eh... LOL *Throws holy water and drops IchiRuki memorabilia in your bedroom* Be gone demon!

Don't worry I will save you....
*monir is confused.... probably because monir doesn't see much merit in any types of shipping verbiage in any genre, especially if those verbiage are stemming from a pure shounen series where the author will do whatever needs to be done to keep the series in the top 5 best selling manga. Hints of romance always seem to get the hearts of shounen-fans racing. Now monir sheepishly looks at all the fans of Ichi-Ruki and Ichi-Ori shippers. A clever mangaka like Kubo won't drive an axe to his own foot by giving a clear cut resolution to a theme that is helping sell his manga. Hence, the cloud of doubt will be ever present until the mangaka feels he has earned enough yien.

monir can still appreciate a good post whenever monir sees it from either side of the argument that is based on laid out facts rather than how a shipping-fan wants to see it. This time monir looks in the vicinity of BleachOD. Nonetheless monir thanks all the fans like BleachOD from both sides of these shipping war for providing pure entertainment on a regular basis by maintaining a civil attitude for most parts.*
Old 2008-04-06, 19:35   Link #2671
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
*monir is confused.... probably because monir doesn't see much merit in any types of shipping verbiage in any genre, especially if those verbiage are stemming from a pure shounen series where the author will do whatever needs to be done to keep the series in the top 5 best selling manga. Hints of romance always seem to get the hearts of shounen-fans racing. Now monir sheepishly looks at all the fans of Ichi-Ruki and Ichi-Ori shippers. A clever mangaka like Kubo won't drive an axe to his own foot by giving a clear cut resolution to a theme that is helping sell his manga. Hence, the cloud of doubt will be ever present until the mangaka feels he has earned enough yien.

monir can still appreciate a good post whenever monir sees it from either side of the argument that is based on laid out facts rather than how a shipping-fan wants to see it. This time monir looks in the vicinity of BleachOD. Nonetheless monir thanks all the fans like BleachOD from both sides of these shipping war for providing pure entertainment on a regular basis by maintaining a civil attitude for most parts.*

i believe that Bleach is going to take the route of Final Fantasy 7, where there was no resolution in this. i sometimes wonder how Japanese think to the matter of romance. i am confident that the majority are in for fighting, action, killing, etc. than the love though still i bet they will like to see some of the romance stuff.

and dude, please change that signature pic of yours, it is giving me nightmares!
Old 2008-04-07, 10:40   Link #2672
miguelou

Location: Everywhere I've been living in 13 cities and 5 countries.
yes, maybe Rukia is going to be killed >.<, and ichigo will live in the same house with Orihime ^^
Old 2008-04-07, 10:44   Link #2673
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelou View Post
yes, maybe Rukia is going to be killed >.<, and ichigo will live in the same house with Orihime ^^
Aniue is seriously going to hurt you...

@Monir. I lay out the facts...Read it and you will see. Try it...and I like your sig...Don't change it
Old 2008-04-07, 11:02   Link #2674
miguelou

Location: Everywhere I've been living in 13 cities and 5 countries.
you mean aneue desho? ^^
Old 2008-04-07, 12:07   Link #2675
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
you mean aneue desho? ^^
Heehee... Right back at me , eh?

I just gave you lesson on BB...
On topic...

IchiRuki is meant to be...the sooner you face it...the happier I'll be...

Get past my fandom, and look at Ichigo's lack of emotion, regarding this rescue and you will see. I am right.
Old 2008-04-07, 15:18   Link #2676
Warchef

Spoiler for Series:
Old 2008-04-07, 15:20   Link #2677
Warchef

Quote:

Or maybe...

Spoiler for Possible series end:
Old 2008-04-07, 19:54   Link #2678
coco_nuttie
Anti-Azn Fetish

Send a message via AIM to coco_nuttie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Or maybe...

Spoiler for Possible series end:
Or maybe Orihime will be awesome and move on her own and maybe find some other nice guy that will actually notice her. I'd like that .

*pokes Ichigo with a stick* Oh Ichigo...if only you weren't dumb >.<
Old 2008-04-07, 19:59   Link #2679
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco_nuttie View Post
Or maybe Orihime will be awesome and move on her own and maybe find some other nice guy that will actually notice her. I'd like that .

*pokes Ichigo with a stick* Oh Ichigo...if only you weren't dumb >.<
Or hopefully she will decide that she is only 15, and that one can be perfectly happy at that age without a serious boyfriend.
Old 2008-04-07, 20:17   Link #2680
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Don't you know? how young a person is, is irrelavent. Its common that true love is found at a young age in animes. Its frown upon in asian societies to love more than one person.
Closed Thread