AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-20, 08:35   Link #23081
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Still, that means Mikoto's reflexes are no slouch either....probably a result of the enhanced Level 5 brain I guess.
Electricity is faster than sound after all.

But Saints fights are really impressive to read, we don't really get this level of physical destruction for most of this series.

Characters like Fiamma and Aiwass are too 'clean' with their powers.

Quote:
Just be glad it's not a pissed off Levinia she's facing and not one who was facing down Touma with her flintlock...else there won't even be atoms of her left.
Kamijou has a talent for handling enraged girls...

Quote:
Meanwhile Fiamma is hidden somewhere in the city preparing for the day he will use his Magical Right Hand to Save The World once more.....Kamachi sure knows how to make his characters dubious....<_<
What?! You mean Fiamma has a hand in this ?
Old 2013-01-20, 08:41   Link #23082
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Meanwhile Fiamma is hidden somewhere in the city preparing for the day he will use his Magical Right Hand to Save The World once more.....Kamachi sure knows how to make his characters dubious....<_<
Since he took the Touma punch and lecture, suddenly I think of a scene where he uses his broken I.W.I.N. button to turn Kreutene into a normal human.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:54   Link #23083
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Electricity is faster than sound after all.

But Saints fights are really impressive to read, we don't really get this level of physical destruction for most of this series.

Characters like Fiamma and Aiwass are too 'clean' with their powers.

Kamijou has a talent for handling enraged girls...

What?! You mean Fiamma has a hand in this ?
It's not electricity being faster than sound...it's the computational ability to react in the window of time between when she detects Brunhilde moving and the Valkyrie delivering a point blank shockwave equivalent to that of a powerful bomb going off.

As for Saint level destruction...it's not too hard to believe that if Brunhilde were going all out, it wouldn't be just those buildings' windows, but the buildings themselves that would be pulverized

Aiwass is not clean...at least not that we know anyway...all it does is be a dick rather than fight.

Yeah....the whole point for the Ollerus side was to prove that Fiamma can act undetected amidst this entire gathering of monsters

One day in the near future....Academy City will feel...the Touch of the Hand that Saves and the Voice of "ORE-SAMA!!"
Old 2013-01-20, 09:04   Link #23084
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's not electricity being faster than sound...it's the computational ability to react in the window of time between when she detects Brunhilde moving and the Valkyrie delivering a point blank shockwave equivalent to that of a powerful bomb going off.
Well yeah, the electrical neurons in her brain- you know what, nvm

Quote:
As for Saint level destruction...it's not too hard to believe that if Brunhilde were going all out, it wouldn't be just those buildings' windows, but the buildings themselves that would be pulverized
With the exception of Misaki, I believe every 'known' Level 5 can blow away buildings

Buildings are cheap in this world

Quote:
Aiwass is not clean...at least not that we know anyway...all it does is be a dick rather than fight.
That's not what I meant.

'Clean' as in each move is precise and efficient; there's no wasted energy.

Quote:
Yeah....the whole point for the Ollerus side was to prove that Fiamma can act undetected amidst this entire gathering of monsters

One day in the near future....Academy City will feel...the Touch of the Hand that Saves and the Voice of "ORE-SAMA!!"
I hope he could hand-le it...
Old 2013-01-20, 09:16   Link #23085
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Well yeah, the electrical neurons in her brain- you know what, nvm

With the exception of Misaki, I believe every 'known' Level 5 can blow away buildings

That's not what I meant.

'Clean' as in each move is precise and efficient; there's no wasted energy.

I hope he could hand-le it...
I know...is just that it's not a Mikoto only thing. #1 and #2 are obviously capable of it, so it may be product of being Level 5 than the actual power. It takes a higher level brain to produce those Level 5 powers after all.

I was referring to Brunhilde. Not Mikoto

Yeah but Aiwass has not actually done anything on its own yet....for all you know once it attacks the planet is vaped as a side effect.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:44   Link #23086
tsunade666

^I think Chaoz meant that Mikoto can level down a building too or rather she can probably destroy a town if she likes. Level 5 destructive power is pretty devastating. Even Misaki can be pretty devastating. But the point of Cosmic is battle powers that can be used in high tier battle. Sure Mikoto can be devastating but with all her power. She still is not a high tier combatant. There is just a clean cut between powers in Tamniverse.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:08   Link #23087
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

First NT6 MAD ftw

Old 2013-01-20, 10:22   Link #23088
tsunade666

What is agitate halation?

Nice music. Reminds me of railgun song. Same artist? Why does Hamazura and Accelerator got a good introduction together with their family(and yes I refuse to call it harem) and not TouMan?
Old 2013-01-20, 10:24   Link #23089
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Btw, interrupting this for a short commercial-

New Testament 6 has sold 98043 copies in it's first week.

-Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Is that good? If it is, I'm not sure how to feel about it. Besides Thor being awesome and Touma trying to pick up Birdy, this volume hasn't been anything to write home about so far.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:33   Link #23090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Is that good? If it is, I'm not sure how to feel about it. Besides Thor being awesome and Touma trying to pick up Birdy, this volume hasn't been anything to write home about so far.

Is that so...?

Tsundere much ?

Quote:
Suddenly, all "protection" in the world feels a lot less effective

So, only five parts in and Kamachi is trolling at full power. Come on, could he really have thought we needed that initial scene to know Mugino is still a psycho? Hell, I already kind of knew she was "using" Shiage that way, and I don't bother putting too much thought into the indexverse.

And of course, it (apparently) wouldn't be a new Index volume without our "You want some Touma and Mikoto? HAH HAH, go back to your fanfics!" moment. It was pretty amusing that our great hero is now picking clothes from the trash, though. With how much Index eats, he probably needs that level of practicality to survive

Also, that little star at the end of number #5. Nice detail.
Quote:
“Go to hell, loner, spits out Misaka in response to this black-hearted monster.”

The best imouto is back And so is Umidori's suffering.
Quote:
So, what have we learned from this update?

Fremea makes Last Order look like a sa..I mean, an ang... something really pure and well behaved, ok?
Rikou is essentially Blanc with superstrenght.
Touma hasn't bled out enough for his brain to stop working.
Silvia knows her valkiries.
Maria is one of the best catches in Touma's long harem history.
Countdown to Sylar is almost done.
The fight is finally starting.

Ready to rock?
Quote:
Round two

FIGHT!

Gotta admit, that was a really cool way to get things started.
Quote:
On a surprising twist, MISUNDERSTANDINGS save the day! And good ol' Touma reminds us he can be one crazy dude sometimes.

I think Kamachi might just be having a bit too much fun with this volume. Then again, it's just the first chapter, gonna have to wait and see how it all goes down.
Quote:
What are you talking about, that's a perfectly normal reaction. We totally needed that scene at the beginning to know Mugino is still a psychotic bitch!

Meanwhile, Johnny 5 is receiving a lightning course on free will and being a hero, though I guess enduring headbiting is an optional class. With this and the extra beat up I mentioned before, I can't stop thinking Kamachi isn't liking Touma very much right now, or he really wanted to give it a shot at this artificial creature made hero thing, since he already has knight, dark and the goon with a heart of gold flavors covered.

Also, I couldn't help to notice LO and Fremea, who Kamachi officially called idiots in the last volume, essentially reached the same conclusion as Touma

"Her" is Kretune, obviously. And boy, that is dark. As expected from someone born of Mr 2.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:49   Link #23091
tsunade666

Quote:
For a novel to reach 50000 is already an amazing feat. Plus its only first week. Usually the average sales of Index is around 150 000 to 200 000 per volume. Index is currently the best selling light novel.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:51   Link #23092
whitecloud

meanwhile touma is trying to sweet talk..."fight" birdway...while preaching at the same time

birdway on the other hand is in tsundere "tsun" max mode thanks to teasing from silvia
Old 2013-01-20, 10:52   Link #23093
Stufu

just came by and read y'all messages things are getting interesting here.. by the way, is it mention in the book that Brunhild doesn't go all out? so far, it seems that she's pretty serious about the fight
Old 2013-01-20, 10:52   Link #23094
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I meant from a technical stand point. Sure, I'm having fun, but you have to admit there are more than quite a few hiccups, like that very first scene, the completely out of nowhere introduction of Johnny (and yes, I'm aware the bug/artifical being thing is supposed to relate with Kretune's situation, it's still sudden), Shiage doing jack, the obvious overuse of LO and Fremea as the healing type lolis, etc.

Sure, it's fun, but not as truly good and downright awesome as NT 2 and 4 were to me. At least so far. My opinion could change by the end, and as said, I AM having fun, so it's not like I became a hater all of a sudden, there are just somewhat annoying details.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:01   Link #23095
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
the completely out of nowhere introduction of Johnny
what's so sudden about this?
Old 2013-01-20, 11:04   Link #23096
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
what's so sudden about this?
Did you expect one of Kakine's drones to develop a mind of its own through a simple misunderstanding of its orders? Or rather, would you have expected it without the spoilers? And would you have expected it to have so much time on the spotlight after that?
Old 2013-01-20, 11:07   Link #23097
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What is agitate halation?
The new possibility of a Level 0 ability linked to Fremea.. It involves something with the incidential meeting of people 人的資源 is the kanji
Old 2013-01-20, 11:11   Link #23098
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Well, then Mikoto won Brunhild without her use magic, now is wait to see Thor vs Silvia.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:56   Link #23099
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh BTW...anyone think that the description on page 200 of Levinia was actually more than just metaphoric? She may seem to be just really intelligent and creative in her use of magic but that description there, of her causing the winds to surpass the ages just by her presence and destroying preconceived notions. All that seems to hint at more like Aeonic shift to me.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:02   Link #23100
tsunade666

^I can't tell because all I know about Levinia's magic is mini nuke and tarot cards. Her cabal is also part of the modern cabal which was hinted different from catholic, russian orthodox and english angelican. its been hinted that from my opinion that Levinia's cabal doesn't follow osiris format but horus.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen