AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-05-16, 16:13   Link #281
striderm
Adusa #1

I meant 4 or 5 separate arcs. Not a ratio or percentage of filler in the series.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 17:04   Link #282
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Or sorry, I read it as a fraction.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 15:27   Link #283
Climhazard
Funk Freed

One Piece original newbie

Hi, ive been watching the english dubbed one piece for a while now and im loving it, ive got up to episode 64 'all dried up' and when i get to episode 69 i'll have no way of watching the rest unless i get the japanese version. So i have a few questions:

- Is it unedited? (as in is there blood and more adult language)

- The thing i love about the english version of one piece are the voices which i think suit the characters great and make the programme funny (which is one of the reasons i like it) but does the japanese version come off as more serious?

- How many episodes are there all together in the japanese version?

- Have any episodes or scenes been cut in the english version?

- Any other info or tip bits you have for me are greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time

Clim
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 16:45   Link #284
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Depending on which channel's One Piece you're watching, the scenes that are edited or cut are different. There's one version of dub that has Zoro and Ussop's voice correct but no one else, I think thats the best out there and it has very little editing. If you're watching the infamous 4kids One Piece, its best to quit watching it right now lol

But watch One Piece in Japanese, thats the best, nothing beats watching anime in Japanese. One Piece isn't just an anime for laughs, it always has serious dialogues and touching moments. Yes theres also blood, lots of it, If theres Zoro, theres blood lol.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 17:00   Link #285
Slayerx

Let me start by saying... the english dubbed is highly shunned by those who watch the sub; far more so then anyother anime because the 4kids onepiece is the worst english dub/edit ever...

and some of the reasons why are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard
- Is it unedited? (as in is there blood and more adult language)
Ofcourse, the japanese sub is uncut

Quote:
- The thing i love about the english version of one piece are the voices which i think suit the characters great and make the programme funny (which is one of the reasons i like it) but does the japanese version come off as more serious?
The english voices are horrible
enamples: Chopper's voice makes my ears bleed, and Sanji's voice doesn't work at all

Quote:
The japanese version is up to about 260, and still going strong with no sign of ending

Quote:
I'm not certain but the english version has cut out atleast 30 or so episodes and the episodes cut are not all filler arcs... for example, Part of when the first entered the grandline and the entire little garden arc was cut out

Quote:
The english 4kids one piece is HEAVILY edited...

examples:
captain Chaser's real name is Smoker, and as his name implies he smokes two cigars
Sanji doesn't suck on a lolipop, he smokes
Zolo's name is actually Zoro (forum members hate when you call him Zolo)
Trace's name is actually Ace (no idea why they changed his name)
When the strawhats first entered the grandline, they ran into a Whale not an Iceberg
Mihawk fought Zoro with a small knife NOT a stub
Zoro's past with kunia is much more tragic then 4kids makes it out to be

Oi... there are way too many edits to count... -.-

[EDIT]
Quote:
There's one version of dub that has Zoro and Ussop's voice correct but no one else, I think thats the best out there and it has very little editing.
heh... never rknew there was another english dub on TV... the crap shit 4kids version on fox and cartoon network is the only one i was i'm aware of
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 18:47   Link #286
Chuixupu
Shikachu

What? There is no other version of the English dub. I've heard there is a Singapore English dub, but it isn't shown anywhere else in the world.

Man, if you like the English dub, you will absolutely LOVE the original, except you will discover how much the dub is butchered, and you won't be able to go back to watching it again. If you want links for the subbed version, just PM me.

Quote:
Uhhh....yeah. But it's actually funnier, because the humor is more clever and intelligent instead of being stupid puns.
I HATE the English voices. Particularly Usopp and Sanji. The difference is that the Japanese version can be both funny and serious, the 4kids version is incapable of being really serious.

Quote:
264 and still going.

Quote:
They cut quite a few whole episodes, as well as whole story arcs. There's also lots of merging and editing, so they're short 30 episodes. If you look at this Japanese episode guide: http://www.arlongpark.net/Anime/Episodes
You'll see that episode 64 is the arrival at Whiskey Peak, and Alabasta doesn't even start until episode 92 ^^;

Quote:
- 4kids didn't buy the rights to the original music score. The original version's music is much better.
- Many names were changed
- There are a lot of really dumb edits in the 4kids version, like Krieg shoots spikes at Luffy, but they were changed to "poison suction cups", originally in Arlong Park it really looks like Nami killed Usopp, but she stabbed her own hand...in the dub, she tells him to pull out a rubber knife. Those are just two stupid examples.
Oh, and then there's the whole Reverse Mountain debacle. They turned poor Laboon the Whale into an iceberg. :/

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-05-31 at 22:15.
Old 2006-05-31, 19:22   Link #287
chucky
Always impatient

I finally got a chance to watch the dubbed castration, eh I mean "version". Yes, that sanji's voice freaks me out....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 23:19   Link #288
Kingofhearts
Burningggggg fingerrrr!

Send a message via Yahoo to Kingofhearts
What are the chances of an uncut dubbed One Piece in America.?
Kingofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 00:49   Link #289
Chuixupu
Shikachu

On DVD? Who knows. I wouldn't expect it for at least a few more years. Viz would like to release uncuts, but that depends on 4kids' willingness to produce them. Which is almost non-existent.
Old 2006-06-03, 21:00   Link #290
SandalHat

the last island of the grand line

well i have just started with one piece and i love it.. I am at 71... But even now i thought of something..

Well it said that gol d. roger was the only pirate to ever get to the island at the end of the grand line.. but what about his crew mates.. unless he was solo, wouldnt it make sense that he had crew mates that went around with him, and what of them..
SandalHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 21:07   Link #291
d.Lughie

when he stated that.. i presume he meant his piratecrew and him.. but I dunno..

well.. the last island in grandline is called raftel though..
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 21:52   Link #292
King Jb612

Question Got a Question

Does anyone know any good sites for role playing. You know making your own crew and character and stuff. I love the show and just wanted to try something new.

So just post the sites you know and dont flame me for my question, i'm new here

-your king, king jb612-
King Jb612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 23:37   Link #293
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
this thread does not belong here..... it should go in the Games Section
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 02:16   Link #294
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
What? There is no other version of the English dub. I've heard there is a Singapore English dub, but it isn't shown anywhere else in the world.
lol I didn't even know that we dub our own anime in Singapore, cool lol

Old 2006-06-04, 02:30   Link #295
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Maybe I got the country wrong, lol. I'm just going by what someone said. There's supposedly some other English dub somewhere, but maybe it's a false rumor.
Old 2006-06-04, 02:38   Link #296
d.Lughie

hmm.. check on www.apforums.net

Its a one piece site.. and If you search a lil there.. I think there's a link to RPG OP...
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 03:40   Link #297
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Maybe I got the country wrong, lol. I'm just going by what someone said. There's supposedly some other English dub somewhere, but maybe it's a false rumor.
Hmmm the version shown in Singapore is indeed different from 4kids, at least Sanji's not with lolipops, all arcs are present, minimal editing and Zorro, Ussop sound like their original Japanese voices. All original songs and BGM are there too.

I'm not sure which country dubs it though, I was surprised to hear 'Singapore dub' lol.

Old 2006-06-04, 18:13   Link #298
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Oh, so it is true that there is another English dub then. I don't know who dubs it, but I'm sure you could find out by watching the credits.
Old 2006-06-08, 18:05   Link #299
King Jb612

Got a question

I'm probably putting this in the wrong place, anyways i just wanted to know which episode is it when you see most of the baroque agents again, just interested in seeing them again i heard you see them going to jail or something like that, anyways post here if you know which episode it is, i'm too lazy to look at every episode/filler and find it

thanks
King Jb612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 19:33   Link #300
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Um, that's in a manga ministory. Most of the manga ministories don't get animated (CobyMeppo and Buggy were the only ones). So you'll have to check the chapter cover stories to read them.

Tags
q&a