AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-09-12, 12:10   Link #301
The_hudster_proxy
Bloody Irish Productions

Send a message via MSN to The_hudster_proxy
Yes, the thing i find hard to handle is the fact that GSD gives us, in reality, about three or four love interests for Athrun.
1. Cagalli
2. Luna
3. Meer
4. Meyrin

Of course Cagalli is a very well developed character, and she fits Athrun in a very humanistic sense. Luna is kind of that "dangerous" flirt that every Asucaga fan is afraid will cause trouble. Meer is Athruns inevitable call to duty. Then you have Meyrin. . . who repeats stuff and tells the characters to launch before they release their cool catch phrases. I mean seriously, not only did the whole Meyrin thing come out of nowhere, but it also leaves Athrun unbalanced to the audience since no one knows what Meyrin is like. Our thoughts are forever filled with things like this:

Athrun: I just don't know what to do, should I fight, again?

Meyrin: You're good to go!

Athrun: I just don't understand, why is this happening?

Meyrin: Initiate launch.

Athrun: I need counseling.

Meyrin: . . .

Athrun: . . .

Meyrin: . . .

Athrun: ?

Meyrin: BATTLESTATIONS!!! (Jumps off cliff.)

Ughh. . . I don't even want to think about it.
The_hudster_proxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:00   Link #302
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I think Athrun is like a big brother to Meyrin.Meyrin has sister right,so she see him as a brother her unlike Luna.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 21:17   Link #303
The_hudster_proxy
Bloody Irish Productions

Yes. That is probably the case. . . Unfortunately a brother/sister relationship and a BF/GF relationship are very similiar and take a lot of explanation to differentiate. . . unfortunately for us . . . We can't tell. Especially since Meyrin doesn't go back with her sister at the end of Final Plus. . . I'm sure there are reasons. . . but the fact this blog even exists is proof of how badly communicated the end of GSD is. . .
Old 2008-09-20, 21:28   Link #304
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

maybe you want ask meyrin's seiyu fumiko or ask the director's writer-wife Chiaki Morosawa to explain the athrun-cagalli-meyrin aka A.C.M. triangle?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:37   Link #305
RAVNEN

Maybe the director cheat his wife and make this story into GSD. Athrun is better with Cagalli coz she more mature and has leadership quality.See how she motivate her comrade to fight until Shinn arrive to spoill the party.

Blame all it to creator of GSD which poorly develop and misuse the character.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:28   Link #306
ukitakegirl

I think AsuCaga are pretty perfect for each other...Athrun doesn't want to fight without a good reason...Cagalli is ruling a nation that promotes neutrality/equals...Cagalli in frontline of politic, Athrun in frontline of defense/battlefield.

They understand each other, have a good history together and they still have feelings for each other...it's more or less a case where Athrun sorta left Cagalli...Caga later accepted it but still having feelings for Asu...Caga's main focus became her country and work and using it as an excuse for no relationships...Asu later realises that he's dream is wth Orb and Caga but accepts that he is the one that left he to begin with and now that he thinks Caga has moved on, he doesn't want to pull her back...not realising that they are both still in love with each other. I think their hug before the final battle shows that their still care and understand each other...I don't see how they can just end like that and how other females are anywhere near as deep into Asu's heart as Caga is.
ukitakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 17:26   Link #307
The_hudster_proxy
Bloody Irish Productions

Indeed.
Asucaga is a very well formulated relationship. At least until the last ten episodes of GSD. Hopefully the movie will take some different direction with it, if it uses it at all. That was the nice thing with Seed, it used every character in a unique way.
Does anyone have some updates on it? Especially involving Athruns re-involvement with Zaft?
Old 2008-10-07, 11:16   Link #308
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Maybe the director cheat his wife and make this story into GSD. Athrun is better with Cagalli coz she more mature and has leadership quality.See how she motivate her comrade to fight until Shinn arrive to spoill the party.

Blame all it to creator of GSD which poorly develop and misuse the character.
wat leadership quality are you talkin about here? shes nothing more than a puppet
Old 2008-10-07, 12:26   Link #309
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
wat leadership quality are you talkin about here? shes nothing more than a puppet
Well, see how she motivate his comrade morale at the invasion of Orb in GSD.With her presence in that battle,Orb manage to reorganize their battle line.
That what a leader should do on battlefield.Even Zaft soldier suprised to see Orb defense get so organize.

That are all before Shinn & Kira arrived.Man the scene when Cagalli punch Yona make me watch it over again.(I certainly don't know why)
Old 2010-01-13, 18:09   Link #310
toru_toru

..... Don't kill me for this ....

I think Athrun Zala and Flay Allster (if, she were still alive) would make the best Gundam seed couple. Athrun always looks gloomy and is so proper and sincere, I'd like him to see him spice it up a little. I think Flay would really suit Athrun, as she can be very cute and her last death scene blew me away. How she turned from an insecure spoilt brat to accepting the reality of war. Really, no matter how many times I watch that scene, I'm always gobbstacked.

... its a pity that never got the chance to even meet each other.
toru_toru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 03:35   Link #311
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I kinda hoping they do since they've been through a lot together since they first met.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 02:25   Link #312
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
I second to this.... a good leader of a nation will not neglect their responsibilities. Once ORB was pretty much on their knees she then retook responsibility.

How many ORB lives were lost due to her negligence?

Im sorry no matter how many differnt ways you want to fluff her circumstances, she still performed poorly.

As for the triangle.... even fakuda and team cant make up thier own personal minds.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 19:47   Link #313
InfiniteFreedom

Considering how the movie will CONCLUDE the series, too many fans would flame harder than Satan's fumes in hell if the SEED Movie didn't conclude all those crappy love triangles. KiraxLacus is a done deal, that one's clear. Athrun will probably still end up with Cagali because, well...2 seasons of it and it just goes poof? Yeah I doubt that.

Anyone know if the movie is coming out this year or not? I heard rumours for a December release.
InfiniteFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 20:03   Link #314
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my heart says there'll be a movie. my brain says there won't be. either way, i got my Kira x Lacus coupling. i wanted Athrun and Cagalli to work out, but the way they screwed her character over from the second half of seed throughout Destiny make me think they're incompatible.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 21:03   Link #315
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
How many ORB lives were lost due to her negligence?
If Cagalli decided to not take sides and fight then ORB probably would've been in a world of hurt anyways. If Cagalli was still the leader of ORB then she probably wouldn't take any sides on the battlefield at all.
Old 2010-03-15, 03:28   Link #316
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
If Cagalli was still the leader of ORB then she probably wouldn't take any sides on the battlefield at all.
Im going off topic here but ill reply...

Unfortunatly she decided to accept her kidnapping and join kira and co's bandwagon and we already saw how Orb turned out without her leadership.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 10:20   Link #317
rakusukira

i think... the reason why Athrun remained in ORB because Lacus and Co. realized how much of a pawn Athrun could be under ZAFT. i mean.. he defected, returned then defected again.. It's better for him NOT to go back there EVER again so that his pea-sized brain won't get manipulated.

And Yes, ASUCAGA has hope.. the very fact that Athrun stayed in ORB is a sign that he would want to patch things up again (it's a relief how Cagalli is Kira's sister.. cause Kira has a fabulous talent of stealing Athrun's girls and Athrun's girls have a tendency to fall for Kira).

about Kira and Lacus, I'm a fan... truly a fan but would want to see their relationship be tested to the extreme.. the way I see it, I think neither can live without the other.. it's like they are obsessed with each other. I hope the Seed movie (if it still exists) could bring this to fruition..

oh god please.. I've moved on with Fllay.. she's nothing but a memory now

I was a little dissapointed that Kira joined ZAFT.. i know it's because he could never be without Lacus at his side... since she's the only one he can confide with (and I think she's the only one Kira told about his origins of being the ultimate coordinator.. and Mwu of course.. i think the others only know that he and Cagalli were siblings. that's why Kira is so glue-stick around Lacus)

ASUMEYRIN? meh.. it was more of a puppy love on Meyrin's part and a "burden" on Athrun's part.

i do love the Athrun and Lacus pairing though .. you think there is a chance that Athrun would fall in love with Lacus? this i hope
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:36   Link #318
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
about Kira and Lacus, I'm a fan... truly a fan but would want to see their relationship be tested to the extreme.. the way I see it, I think neither can live without the other.. it's like they are obsessed with each other. I hope the Seed movie (if it still exists) could bring this to fruition...
I view the very moment Lacus handed Kira the Freedom as their first test. It was a major gamble, and Lacus was probably betting everything she had on Kira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
i do love the Athrun and Lacus pairing though .. you think there is a chance that Athrun would fall in love with Lacus? this i hope
Oh, but he loved Lacus.

He once mentioned to Cagali how stupid he was for alienating his relationship with Lacus by doing what he did... that is, to follow his father's orders to the latter.

Then again, he had an excuse. His rival in love was the famed Bridejacker Kira...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:08   Link #319
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Bridejacker Kira..
You mean, fiance-stealer
Old 2011-06-30, 22:11   Link #320
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kira can ruin any lass for marriage.