AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 17:24   Link #4141
susyia

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Side Story: A Scythe In My Right Hand, You In My Left???
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:05   Link #4142
Javiersansano

Spoiler for just in case:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:41   Link #4143
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
This:

Spoiler for Series:

Spoiler for Blind Target:

And now look again at Quatre in the cover. You can make a drinking game out of this. xD
Jesus!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Side Story: A Scythe In My Right Hand, You In My Left???
What?
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 09:42   Link #4144
susyia

i found this but i don't know what history is... and i have no idea if is a manga or a novel..... all i know is duo is the protagonist
Old 2012-04-30, 10:03   Link #4145
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

It's a novel no one really cared about.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 10:09   Link #4146
Ferhb

No GoL this month??
Old 2012-04-30, 12:15   Link #4147
susyia

why is a bad history? i can't find endless waltz novel ... i was reading the gundam novel and there was so details .. in the anime we don't see.... now i'm really want the vol 4 and 5 but i can't find.....
Old 2012-04-30, 12:32   Link #4148
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
why is a bad history? i can't find endless waltz novel ... i was reading the gundam novel and there was so details .. in the anime we don't see.... now i'm really want the vol 4 and 5 but i can't find.....
You mean, the Endless Waltz manga? I don't know if there is one. I've never chased it because I didn't like the manga based on the series.

Is that right? Which one came first, the anime or the manga?

Vol 4 and 5 of what, Frozen Teardrop?
Old 2012-04-30, 14:26   Link #4149
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I don't know if "A Scythe In My Right Hand, You In My Left" is good or not. If I had to guess, I'd say it wasn't done by a writer hence why no one really cared about translating it. All the info you can find is here. It doesn't sound bad but neither does it seem to be anything past a side story (as it accurately calls itself). So yeah.

As for the novelization of GW, sorry but this is all there is. I myself was interested in volume 4 and 5, alas, they weren't translated so the only thing you can do is scour the world for a copy to purchase and learn Japanese. Then again, it didn't include anything from EZ, so I'm not sure if it's as complete a retelling as it can be.
I'm taking Deacon's word for the EW novelization which he says adds nothing new. Though I admit, I wouldn't mind a translation of it either.

And Ferhb, there is an EW manga. I have a copy of it lying right here beside me. And I can attest that it's by far better than the manga of the anime. Now, that was just random crack. The EW manga on the other hand even manages to explain a lot of stuff, like where Heero kept Zero's buster rifle the whole time (namely on Zero's back). One shouldn't also forget the ending that sends 1x2 shippers into their early graves. xD

And yup, you got it right. The series was first, the manga second. I think everybody agreed to ignore its existence though?
Old 2012-04-30, 15:18   Link #4150
Ferhb

Quote:

As for the novelization of GW, sorry but this is all there is. I myself was interested in volume 4 and 5, alas, they weren't translated so the only thing you can do is scour the world for a copy to purchase and learn Japanese. Then again, it didn't include anything from EZ, so I'm not sure if it's as complete a retelling as it can be.
I'm taking Deacon's word for the EW novelization which he says adds nothing new. Though I admit, I wouldn't mind a translation of it either.

And Ferhb, there is an EW manga. I have a copy of it lying right here beside me. And I can attest that it's by far better than the manga of the anime. Now, that was just random crack. The EW manga on the other hand even manages to explain a lot of stuff, like where Heero kept Zero's buster rifle the whole time (namely on Zero's back). One shouldn't also forget the ending that sends 1x2 shippers into their early graves. xD

And yup, you got it right. The series was first, the manga second. I think everybody agreed to ignore its existence though?
I was checking out the manga of the series and yes, it's completely random... and the art, Jesus, it's terrible. Not worth a penny.

Oh wow, I had forgotten about EW manga. Thanks for the info! Do you know where I can dl it? And the ending, is it what I think it is?

Spoiler for EW:

About the novelization (which I didn't know about), where did you get the first volumes?

Last edited by Ferhb; 2012-04-30 at 15:39.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:28   Link #4151
zerodragon

has pics of the new gundams been posted?
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:36   Link #4152
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of all the new Gundams, the only one we've seen in any reasonable detail is the Gundam Epyon Bai. And even then it wasn't a proper, full-body lineart.

I'm starting to think they can't get a proper mecha designer to whip up the full designs. No surprise, given how much of a trainwreck this book's been.
Old 2012-04-30, 16:26   Link #4153
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
*bashes head on desk*

If the Glory of Losers has 16 pages of minimal dialogue again, everything Gundam Wing will be dropped by us. This is pathetic. It's essentially a crossover between Heero's episode zero and a few scenes from Endless Waltz. :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:11   Link #4154
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
*bashes head on desk*

If the Glory of Losers has 16 pages of minimal dialogue again, everything Gundam Wing will be dropped by us.
lol And here I thought you'd welcome little amounts of workload considering the many projects you're working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
I was checking out the manga of the series and yes, it's completely random... and the art, Jesus, it's terrible. Not worth a penny.
I wouldn't mind the art if the plot actually made sense. But the whole thing is just one huge GW slapstick. :/
What's even more ridiculous is that fangirls back in the day used it for "proof." The most hilarious ones were the 2x5 shippers. Yeah right.

I never had any luck finding the EW manga available online hence why I bought my copy from some dude in the US, so I can't point you to a site. I can scan and upload it though if you want to. There's just gonna be ugly black stripes in the middle because I don't want to tear the book apart.
And yes, that's its ending. By the way, I don't think you need to put it in spoiler tags. Anyone reading this thread should already know about it. 1xR shippers love to point it out.

And the GW series' novelization can be found here (If you google "Gundam Wing novel" it's the first hit).
Old 2012-04-30, 18:03   Link #4155
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Of all the new Gundams, the only one we've seen in any reasonable detail is the Gundam Epyon Bai. And even then it wasn't a proper, full-body lineart.

I'm starting to think they can't get a proper mecha designer to whip up the full designs. No surprise, given how much of a trainwreck this book's been.
Given Katoki's design is what is reused for Epyon White and how each one of his designs are slapped all over the covers and he was featured as the Mech designer in the previews I would imagine that he has already made the final designs.

Spoiler for Suits:
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 02:29   Link #4156
Eeni

Quote:
*bashes head on desk*

If the Glory of Losers has 16 pages of minimal dialogue again, everything Gundam Wing will be dropped by us. This is pathetic. It's essentially a crossover between Heero's episode zero and a few scenes from Endless Waltz. :S
They're setting up backdrop for the newbies to Wing..? Please continue. I know this retelling tells us nothing new and contradicts everything else, but I like being able to read what the pretty recycled pictures have next to them.

Quote:
This:

Spoiler for Series:

Spoiler for Blind Target:

And now look again at Quatre in the cover. You can make a drinking game out of this. xD
Has this happened with any of the other characters? I know I saw a Relena & Heero in one of the FT covers that looked like one of the pages from BT, but has anyone else gotten the tracing treatment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Spoiler for Suits:
Totally agreed! I can't imagine that these new gundams will look to different, unless they go the way of Deathscythe Hell Crazy Beast monstrosity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-05-01 at 02:51.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 03:50   Link #4157
Aldaeus

Quote:
*bashes head on desk*

There are small chapters where not a lot of dialogue happens in some stories... they haven't even reached the parts in outer space with the events in the colonies. Griping over something that is a "retelling" in the first place about it incorporating elements from the other materials is a pointless argument to make, because it is what it is. The major plot will most likely not change, just a few events being altered.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 08:04   Link #4158
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
There are small chapters where not a lot of dialogue happens in some stories... they haven't even reached the parts in outer space with the events in the colonies. Griping over something that is a "retelling" in the first place about it incorporating elements from the other materials is a pointless argument to make, because it is what it is. The major plot will most likely not change, just a few events being altered.
They've already made a major plot change: Operation Daybreak. Furthermore, this has been going on for several months now. It's almost like they're stalling for something... *ponders*

In other news, I've skimmed over the chapter and well... it's essentially Preventer 5 in novel form. I'll see if it has any "new" stuff in it.

Edit: Just caught that it mentions Zechs taking the Epyon to Mars? 0_o;

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2012-05-01 at 08:25.
Old 2012-05-01, 10:28   Link #4159
Ferhb

Quote:
They've already made a major plot change: Operation Daybreak. Furthermore, this has been going on for several months now. It's almost like they're stalling for something... *ponders*
Oh, well... if they're stalling for something, maybe it's another plot change?

I can't imagine (or can) how frustrating that must be, when you face a chapter of apparently nothingness, specially when you must be the only one translating it.
But again, you are the only one translating it... I'd really appreciate it if you could continue with the project
I can't speak for everyone here, but I guess others feel this way too...

Quote:
Edit: Just caught that it mentions Zechs taking the Epyon to Mars? 0_o;
Oh, wow... I guess that would have to be explained at some point... like how Quatre just found the other Gundams lying there
Old 2012-05-01, 10:48   Link #4160
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I'll break this up in parts I suppose. Note the change from Endless Waltz. Lulz. And Glory.19 is out now

SPECIAL PREQUEL
INTERLUDE OF THE HEART --PREVENTER 5-- (Part.01)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2012-05-01 at 13:15.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing