AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-29, 22:53   Link #2201
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...What?

BLR is like, one episode worth of material.

Vol. 4, being the shortest book, is like 5 episodes worth...
woops, im sorry...

for some reason i think BLR was the disappearence.
Old 2008-12-29, 23:51   Link #2202
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
One reason why moe is created in Japan now is because their women used to be like that, or something close. Gone were the days of Yamato Nadeshiko.

Moe is everywhere in the Japanese entertainment industry and has been spreading out to other Asian countries, Taiwan for example.

Its weird that female anime fans love acting moe when they are cosplaying.
I think you have been starlighted for too long. However I agree with you.

There are some of us pirates out there who spent not even a single cent yet keep complaining about the quality of our entertainment, the storyline, etc. I think the grudge mentality has carried abit too far that result in the backlash by Geneon and Xedo. Probably retribution if you ask me, but since it follows Le Chatelier's Principle I shall not argue.

Actually milking the market might help the economy. Novelty spending has always been look down upon by marketing advisers, but for the anime industry, it is the best way to make money IMO, given the media market moving to become a free-er one with less trade barriers due to the internet. Also, spending makes money flow around the entire market, a revitalising asset to recessions at these times.

As for female fans acting moe, it would depend on the kind of moe you are looking for. Is it tsundere (Haruhi Okami-sama, Kagami, Kugi's Tsunlolis), yandere (Ryoko Asakura, Ami), megane (Yuki, Yua, Megumi) or buriko (The second sister of Minami-ke) moe?

Back to the topic, I want more Haruhi. Kyon is such a lucky guy.
Old 2008-12-30, 00:05   Link #2203
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

The only thing I'll kinda feel sad about it inevitably watching poor Mikuru-chan and Yuki-chan lose out on "The Kyon Sweeptakes." They Good Girls, both of them, and though they deserve happiness, the genre constraints in which they play out would not allow them to have it.
Old 2008-12-30, 18:51   Link #2204
Zantetsuken

I thought the lucky one was Kyon, as in the end he will get Haruhi.

An average guy gets an A Class girl.
Old 2008-12-30, 21:23   Link #2205
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Each of the three is classifed as A class. Mikuru is likely A+ while Yuki is A-. Both have their in story fan clubs.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:13   Link #2206
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Each of the three is classifed as A class. Mikuru is likely A+ while Yuki is A-. Both have their in story fan clubs.
A+ = More to hug
A - = Easire to hug onto.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:14   Link #2207
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
A+ = More to hug
A - = Easire to hug onto.
If this was necessarily true, then Yuki would be at the bottom, right?
Old 2008-12-30, 22:21   Link #2208
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
If this was necessarily true, then Yuki would be at the bottom, right?
Hey now.

The plus and minus only stand for quantity.

The A-Lable of quality still stands for all three girls.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:23   Link #2209
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Hey now.

The plus and minus only stand for quantity.

The A-Lable of quality still stands for all three girls.
Ah. Forgot. So an A- is still preferable over a B+.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:27   Link #2210
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Ah. Forgot. So an A- is still preferable over a B+.
Yup. Most anime leads are of the adorable A grade category.

The B grades, on the other hand, are either pleasant looking but bland background or supporting characters (such as Nishizawa Ayumu of Hayate No Gotoku, a B-) or mega bitches who waste their good looks with monstrous personalities (such as Ayumi of Magikano a B+ example)

Rare is the anime that goes beneath the B-grade.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:34   Link #2211
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Yup. Most anime leads are of the adorable A grade category.

The B grades, on the other hand, are either pleasant looking but bland background or supporting characters (such as Nishizawa Ayumu of Hayate No Gotoku, a B-) or mega bitches who waste their good looks with monstrous personalities (such as Ayumi of Magikano a B+ example)

Rare is the anime that goes beneath the B-grade.
So what's Asuka L. Soryu of Eva then?
And the girls from CLAMP's productions? They aren't easily classified in the catergories you mentioned.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:44   Link #2212
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
So what's Asuka L. Soryu of Eva then?
And the girls from CLAMP's productions? They aren't easily classified in the catergories you mentioned.
Asuka is most definitely a B+. Cute yes, but what a dreadful personality.

Most CLAMP girls seem to be A and A-. With the exception of Code Geass, which is busting at the seams with A+'s

With the notable exception of the Ugly-Asian-Hating-Cow Nina Einstein, who is Easily a C- (if not D-). Point in fact, she should be shoved against a solid brick wall and REPEATEDLY SMASHED in her Asia-Hating solar-plexus until the wall behind her shatters or she dies, whichever comes first.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:50   Link #2213
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Asuka is most definitely a B+. Cute yes, but what a dreadful personality.
C+ sounds more like it. Rei = Yuki = A-.

Quote:
Most CLAMP girls seem to be A and A-. With the exception of Code Geass, which is busting at the seams with A+'s
Um... Milly's a lesbo, Shirley's dead, Kallen's A+, and Nana-chan?

Quote:
With the notable exception of the Ugly-Asian-Hating-Cow Nina Einstein, who is Easily a C- (if not D-). Point in fact, she should be shoved against a solid brick wall and SMASHED in her Asia-Hating solar-plexus until the wall behind her shatters or she dies, whichever comes first.
I wanted to write F.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:54   Link #2214
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Um... Milly's a lesbo, Shirley's dead, Kallen's A+, and Nana-chan?
Milly-oneechan is bisexual, bust she is also a kind-and-loving big sister. And in terms of quantity a rare A++

Hey, angels have sizes too!! Shirley-chan is still an A.

Nana-chan is an adorably huggable A-.

Back to Haruhi.

Haruhi herself is an example of A. To quote the Australia Diet-Cereal commercial, "Not too heavy, not too light. It's Kellog's Just-Right."

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-12-31 at 03:08.
Old 2008-12-31, 00:14   Link #2215
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Haruhi herself is an example of A. To quote the Australia Diet-Cereal commercial, "Not too heavy, not too light. It's Kellog's Just-Right."
lol, so true. if the grading is like that, then my type is the solid ones, no + or - thank you.

can we grade the guys too?
Old 2008-12-31, 01:47   Link #2216
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I recall the origin of the grading, "A" grades were those girls you would remember the full names of, below that it becomes hazy. Taniguchi's scale includes AA+ Ryōko Asakura...Mikuru seems to be off the scale beyond Ryōko. Yuki Nagato is A-, good enough to have her full name remembered.

I imagine if the Computer Society President has his way, Nagato would be A+ or better.
Old 2008-12-31, 02:48   Link #2217
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
lol, so true. if the grading is like that, then my type is the solid ones, no + or - thank you.

can we grade the guys too?
Um... unless the poor guys in question are wearing VERY tight pants, you'd have to pull them off to check... and that would be VERY awkward, wouldn't it?

But according to the Gender-Flip of Suzumiya Haruhi, poor Asahina Mitsuru is such an "A+" guy that poor Kyonko-chan blushed up profusely the second Haruki checked him.

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-12-31 at 03:06.
Old 2008-12-31, 03:21   Link #2218
anonymous_object

since when will season2 come out?
Old 2008-12-31, 04:16   Link #2219
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If I recall the origin of the grading, "A" grades were those girls you would remember the full names of, below that it becomes hazy. Taniguchi's scale includes AA+ Ryōko Asakura...Mikuru seems to be off the scale beyond Ryōko. Yuki Nagato is A-, good enough to have her full name remembered.

I imagine if the Computer Society President has his way, Nagato would be A+ or better.
Taniguchi did mention that he gave grades to all the girls in his year, which means that he probably hasn't considered grading Mikuru (yet). Of course, with the infamous bunnygirl incident (and later the school festival cafe), he probably definitely knows of Mikuru's existence.

I found it interesting that Yuki was considered A minus, or that she would even be noticeable to Taniguchi. Either Yuki is extraordinarily cute for her character design (in KyoAni's works, even minor background female characters tend to be at least generically cute), or Taniguchi is a lot more diligent than most give him credit for.
Old 2008-12-31, 04:24   Link #2220
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Taniguchi did mention that he gave grades to all the girls in his year, which means that he probably hasn't considered grading Mikuru (yet). Of course, with the infamous bunnygirl incident (and later the school festival cafe), he probably definitely knows of Mikuru's existence.

I found it interesting that Yuki was considered A minus, or that she would even be noticeable to Taniguchi. Either Yuki is extraordinarily cute for her character design (in KyoAni's works, even minor background female characters tend to be at least generically cute), or Taniguchi is a lot more diligent than most give him credit for.
Taniguchi did say he graded every girl, and for some reason I believe him. It's Taniguchi and girls after all

I suggest you believe what he said when it's about girls.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen