AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 07:05   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh wow...just watched the first ep and immediately guess that the directors were from PPD and negima!? lol their trademark way of using real objects just cannot be missed ^__^

i think im gonna love this series...the start is promising...quite the randomness that i like ~ for some reason i didnt feel bored or annoyed at the fact that there doesnt seem to be a plot ~ cause it doesnt even need one is soo good ^__^

tonnes of moe actions...and i just laughed at the neko impressions its soo cute ~ we have a winner here! *runs to ep2*

edit: ~
ep 2...nice and cute ^__^ random fun but not overwhelming ~ i think ive found my fav :3 Yoshinoya sensei

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-01-20 at 09:44.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 10:20   Link #42
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

wahaha, i do not know how to describe this series. It's definitely not the easiest to blog an episode summary about it, but there is just this interaction between the characters that makes this show a really nice one to watch.

I do agree with Deathkillz that there is no existence of a plot but that is to be expected with a slice of life series. So ya.

Anyway, i did up a rather mediocre review of episode 2 and screenshots.

You can almost feel how hard it was for me to attempt summarizing this. Lol. It was fun still.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 12:49   Link #43
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany View Post
When i rewatched the 1st episode today, i realized the crossword puzzle at 21:45.
It's actually solvable.

Only the question 5-8 are visible fully in the 4:3 version:

(5) 耳と尻尾と燃えと泣き - Ears and tails and moe and weeping
(6) 萌え4コマ漫画のメルクマール - Moe 4-panel manga characteristic
(7) 女の???がらない???萌えもの - ??????
(8) 3姉妹+メイドのロードムービーアニメ - Road movie anime of 3 sisters and their maid

Spoiler for Answers:
You gotta admit. Shinbou definitely knows some clever ways to sneak references to other anime series into his shows
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-22, 13:02   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, it's not usually too big of an issue in this sort of show, but if you haven't already noticed, the official site has a timeline so you can see which episodes fit where in the continuity. The dates should've been a hint, of course, but it seems like the whole show would fit in one school year, with one episode/month. Unlike another show in recent memory famed for airing out of chronological order, though, this show will keep the same order on the DVDs (first volume will release at the end of March).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 17:06   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

right .... now I'm offering sacrifice to the Shinto goddess of fansubbers that she'll shower goodness on a group that picks this up.

Looks like it'll be a perfect mind balancer for the remaining episodes of Kanon (find happy.. must find happy )
Old 2007-01-25, 00:58   Link #46
Kilgamayan
Ow! My nutbladder!
*Fansubber

Sorry, our timer/kara guy has had stuff to deal with. I'll poke him again soon, and if necessary I'll find someone to fill in while he does whatever he needs to do.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 01:20   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thats why I phrased it that way .... fansubbing is and should be a hobby (meaning fun and not a drag). I'd like to eventually offer translating or other aid to a fangroup once I feel comfortable enough with the language and/or the tools. But until then ... gambatte yo and stuff
Old 2007-01-25, 15:37   Link #48
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep3:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 17:57   Link #49
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I finally watched episode two, and it was simply overflowing with cute... the fat jokes were quite original too.

PS

EPISODE THREE

The scene with the teacher dancing on the platform just begs, BEGS to be made into an animated gif.

The joke with Et tu, Brut? had me groaning so hard.
It's a linguistic joke:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2007-01-26 at 20:14.
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 03:18   Link #50
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I finally watched episode two, and it was simply overflowing with cute... the fat jokes were quite original too.

PS

EPISODE THREE

The scene with the teacher dancing on the platform just begs, BEGS to be made into an animated gif.

The joke with Et tu, Brut? had me groaning so hard.
It's a linguistic joke:
Spoiler:
ahaha~ i didn't know that there's such a linguistic joke, which is sad because i do not have any ability with japanese. Still, i watched episode 3 and found myself laughing insanely with it. Gonna write the review soon enough ^+^
Old 2007-01-27, 12:18   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
edit: ~
ep 2...nice and cute ^__^ random fun but not overwhelming ~ i think ive found my fav :3 Yoshinoya sensei
and right now i still stand by my comment ~ ep 3 is just oozing with kawaiiness

lots and lots of funny moment that i am unable to determin by logic how to right down...good luck impz trying to write a summery for this crazy show

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 20:33   Link #52
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and right now i still stand by my comment ~ ep 3 is just oozing with kawaiiness

lots and lots of funny moment that i am unable to determin by logic how to right down...good luck impz trying to write a summery for this crazy show
well. ~_~;;; I definitely will not get the linguistics joke due to the fact that japanese is not my first language. I did get some of the humor in though...

Episode 3 screenshots + summary

Honestly, i have no clue why no one is picking this show up. It's just about one of the more subtly random shows this season. I like it.
Old 2007-01-28, 07:15   Link #53
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Spoiler for Episode 1 Crossword puzzle solved:
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 13:14   Link #54
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-28, 14:18   Link #55
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Every one of those titles mentioned in the crossword puzzle are great. Well, may be except Da Capo. I also wonder how many folks have actually watched Miyuki? The avid Da Capo fans may like it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 00:15   Link #56
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Poster from the latest Megami.
Spoiler for Kinda NSFW:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 00:36   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Over in the Manabi Straight thread, we've been talking about how good Hidamari is. As I posted there, among the new shows, Hidamari is the second-most-popular on 2channel. Second to Manabi Straight.

Here are the number of threads on 2channel (the biggest Japanese anime forum). When a thread reaches a thousand posts, it is closed and a new thread is opened:

Manabi Straight 18
Hidamari Sketch 10
Shuffle/Shuffle Memories 8
Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora 8
Saint October 8
Nodame Cantabile 7
Master of Epic 6
Venus versus Virus 5
Les Miserables 4
Getsumento Heiki Miina 4
Himawari!! 3
Deltora Quest 3
Tokyo Majin Gakuen 2
Angelique 1
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 01:03   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ARRgHHH.... this is driving me nuts. (wanders into the seedy back alleys of the Intarweb to obtain the raws)
Old 2007-02-01, 12:35   Link #59
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
What's incredibly strange is I don't see Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, Da Capo, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru or Popotan written in the answer slots. Are you absolutely certain you have this correct. Is it just the answers to the questions you are referring to, because the answers are obviously not in boxes. Though now that I think of it I can see Popotan in Hirgana so maybe they haven't used any Katakana for the answers. I only know a few hiragana so perhaps this is correct if at least one is.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 14:00   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What's incredibly strange is I don't see Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, Da Capo, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru or Popotan written in the answer slots. Are you absolutely certain you have this correct. Is it just the answers to the questions you are referring to, because the answers are obviously not in boxes. Though now that I think of it I can see Popotan in Hirgana so maybe they haven't used any Katakana for the answers. I only know a few hiragana so perhaps this is correct if at least one is.
It's all written in Hiragana, and does match up. It'd be pretty tough to do crossword puzzles if you had to mix hiragana, katakana and kanji.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, shaft, slice of life