Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-21, 03:19   Link #6121
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I beg to differ. Although hikaru sugii's writing is good, he currently got 7 running series, some of which doesn't have new volume for 2-3 years already(sakura familia, hime no miko) and several hasn't has new volume for more than 1 year(kami memo). He's the perfect example of a writer who try to start new things without finishing his old work.

Back to the topic of campione though. 6 months between release is not that long, especially if te writer has a new series on the go. I'll be happy as long as he finished the series instead of leaving it in a limbo.
That's just crazy.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 03:49   Link #6122
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
I beg to differ. Although hikaru sugii's writing is good, he currently got 7 running series, some of which doesn't have new volume for 2-3 years already(sakura familia, hime no miko) and several hasn't has new volume for more than 1 year(kami memo). He's the perfect example of a writer who try to start new things without finishing his old work.

Back to the topic of campione though. 6 months between release is not that long, especially if te writer has a new series on the go. I'll be happy as long as he finished the series instead of leaving it in a limbo.
yes Kazuma Kamachi is the exception i'm afraid... him and Nisio. anyway I hope everything works out and we get a wonderful "Not even a little rushed" ending. I'll be ok with once every 6 months since i'm following so many LN atm I just want them all to come to a good close.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:13   Link #6123
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Still better than rushed endings. In my opinion, he'll eventually finish the series he's started. It could be that he doesn't know how to write a book that can be as good as previous ones, but I'm not scared. Also, in the case of Kamimemo, he released at a pace of about one novel per year before releasing three in a few months.

Though he should try writing more single novels than series, and maybe add some side volumes. And hell, I don't see the reason why authors must have something such as a deadline.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:48   Link #6124
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Still better than rushed endings. In my opinion, he'll eventually finish the series he's started. It could be that he doesn't know how to write a book that can be as good as previous ones, but I'm not scared. Also, in the case of Kamimemo, he released at a pace of about one novel per year before releasing three in a few months.

Though he should try writing more single novels than series, and maybe add some side volumes. And hell, I don't see the reason why authors must have something such as a deadline.
Authors don't need to have a deadline, but they could hardly(most can't) focus on one work at a time without being disrupted by another. Ideally, they should focus on one work and spend as much time necessary to make it good, no matter how long it is(1 year maybe, or even 3 years). The way it seems to me is that authors who does one work and neglects another seems to be really desperate financially.Makes me wonder if light novel authors are poorly paid --even the ones who writes successful series-- in comparison to novelists from the English world?
Old 2013-03-22, 01:32   Link #6125
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Authors don't need to have a deadline, but they could hardly(most can't) focus on one work at a time without being disrupted by another. Ideally, they should focus on one work and spend as much time necessary to make it good, no matter how long it is(1 year maybe, or even 3 years). The way it seems to me is that authors who does one work and neglects another seems to be really desperate financially.Makes me wonder if light novel authors are poorly paid --even the ones who writes successful series-- in comparison to novelists from the English world?
Wrong. Dead wrong. Light Novels, manga, anime they all have deadlines. If you don't have a deadline they'll just drag it on. Your getting paid to do something and expected to finish it by a certain timeframe. Added to that if light novels sales don't do well it gets axed. If the manga isn't popular enough it gets axed. If the anime's bd sales don't do well say good bye to a new season. Its a industry about money. If it becomes popular enough they have the freedom to do whatever they want. If you pitch a idea to a editor and it gets green lit why not work on another series? Your able to make extra money. Take note. Not all authors make a lot of money. Publishing company is what makes most of the money. Authors only get a small percentage of the overall novel sales including whatever the publishing company pays them. There called light novels. Not novel period. Please stop comparing the two. Its like saying a duck and a chicken are one the same thing. The author for campione is free to do whatever the hell he wants. And hell I heard his second series is way more interesting.
Old 2013-03-22, 04:53   Link #6126
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Wrong. Dead wrong. Light Novels, manga, anime they all have deadlines. If you don't have a deadline they'll just drag it on. Your getting paid to do something and expected to finish it by a certain timeframe. Added to that if light novels sales don't do well it gets axed. If the manga isn't popular enough it gets axed. If the anime's bd sales don't do well say good bye to a new season. Its a industry about money. If it becomes popular enough they have the freedom to do whatever they want. If you pitch a idea to a editor and it gets green lit why not work on another series? Your able to make extra money. Take note. Not all authors make a lot of money. Publishing company is what makes most of the money. Authors only get a small percentage of the overall novel sales including whatever the publishing company pays them. There called light novels. Not novel period. Please stop comparing the two. Its like saying a duck and a chicken are one the same thing. The author for campione is free to do whatever the hell he wants. And hell I heard his second series is way more interesting.
Hang on a sec, if light novels have a deadline, then shouldn't Hikaru Sugii's works be axed?Since some of them are on hiatus for god knows how long?
Old 2013-03-25, 05:43   Link #6127
serbian otaku #1

Vol. 12 chap. 7 updated, TNX TJP. Also, when you finish volume 12 are you gonna do volume 13 with zzhk, or you're going to do some other novel?
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:04   Link #6128
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I know this is unrelated, but is there actually a thread on 'Covenant of the Leviathan' on animesuki? If not, is someone willing to make one?Just read it a few days ago, but I'll too busy right now to start a thread.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:52   Link #6129
erdii

last day ı watched movie about Siegfreid. does Doni have the same weakness as him or the heretic god siegfreid was different from the legend ?
Old 2013-03-25, 08:35   Link #6130
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
last day ı watched movie about Siegfreid. does Doni have the same weakness as him or the heretic god siegfreid was different from the legend ?
No idea really. I don't think Godou has tried stabbing him in the back. Can't wait for a re-match.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:44   Link #6131
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
Vol. 12 chap. 7 updated, TNX TJP. Also, when you finish volume 12 are you gonna do volume 13 with zzhk, or you're going to do some other novel?
Nah, you guys will be back in zzhk's care. With school, work, and this being one of the hardest things I've ever done, I'm not particularly looking forward to grinding through another volume for quite a while. I'll probably take a break and focus on improving my chinese after this.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:04   Link #6132
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
You guys seem to be forgetting that he went off to do 2 volumes of "Leviathan of the Covenant".
The author of Campione! had a new light novel series? I didnīt know anything about it.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 15:53   Link #6133
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Nah, you guys will be back in zzhk's care. With school, work, and this being one of the hardest things I've ever done, I'm not particularly looking forward to grinding through another volume for quite a while. I'll probably take a break and focus on improving my chinese after this.
Thanks for your hard work, you helped us a lot

Actually, I'm planning to learn japanese, so i'm also gonna be busy
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 18:37   Link #6134
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
The author of Campione! had a new light novel series? I didnīt know anything about it.
He did. It's relatively new, so not that many people are on to it.Apart from that, after reading the first volume, I have to say that right now, compared to campione,it's a bit generic.This may also be the reason why there isn't any coverage of the new novel. This may change though if more volumes are released and are translated into chinese.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-03-25 at 18:47.
Old 2013-03-30, 06:25   Link #6135
bakapervert
A pervert

New update to the side story from zzhk. Thanks for your work zzhk. Its pretty interesting to see more of Godou and Erika's development in the beginning of their relationship.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 07:51   Link #6136
erdii

well every character shines in their own perspecitve in this series. Erica's taking advantage of Godou's weakness is another interesting part of series. a normal person would have become immuned to it. yet Godou still falls for Erica's schemes
Old 2013-03-30, 14:48   Link #6137
Vezon

Why can't Godou accept that Erica is his lover! Is it really the embarrassing? Well seeing the beginning of their relationship is always interesting especially the Zamparini Mansion affair.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:51   Link #6138
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Why can't Godou accept that Erica is his lover! Is it really the embarrassing? Well seeing the beginning of their relationship is always interesting especially the Zamparini Mansion affair.
He feels that it is too sudden, that there should be a gradual progression to being a couple. He does truly love her, but because of his obsession of wanting to be normal, he doesn't show it unless it is in critical of times. Admitting that he and Erica are lovers is like he is submitting defeat of something like that, I am not from Japan so I really don't get it why would it be a defeat.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:53   Link #6139
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
He feels that it is too sudden, that there should be a gradual progression to being a couple. He does truly love her, but because of his obsession of wanting to be normal, he doesn't show it unless it is in critical of times. Admitting that he and Erica are lovers is like he is submitting defeat of something like that, I am not from Japan so I really don't get it why would it be a defeat.
Oh, that and the story would be both: A) Rated R and B) there wouldn't be an excuse for him to continue adding to his harem.
Old 2013-03-30, 15:00   Link #6140
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh, that and the story would be both: A) Rated R and B) there wouldn't be an excuse for him to continue adding to his harem.
For some reason, I see your avatar as the prime example of the relationship of Godou (black cat) and Erica, Yuri, Liliana, and Ena (gray cat). Well, Godou is getting use to his harem anyhow. He even okay a making out scene with Yuri on vol 10 (well under the pretense of the task in hand and albeit while fidgeting like an innocent girl).
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem