1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-05, 08:27   Link #201
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
This is reminiscent of the most intense moments of the first series, with all the sadistic displays of people at their worst. The difference is that, in this case, our antagonist wasn't at L5.
We aren't given any info in the episode that says she wasn't sick. I mean that laugh at the end reminds me of Rena's
Old 2007-10-05, 15:40   Link #202
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I am looking forward to the next eps, though, since I always find an analysis of such evil to be fascinating. I don't think these eps will try to get us to "sympathize" with Takano...
I hope you are right because I like Takano (as a villain in the show, not as a person of course) because of her being purely, unashamedly evil. Seeing what turned her to this dark path might well be fascinating but I hope it won't be some beaten to death cliche trying to justify partially her actions like "her father abused her, so she started to hate the whole world" or "she was bullied in school". Yes, these things are horrible and they can and do turn people to violence, despair and so on but the villain in such a brilliant series deserves some more original and i guess also more sinister motivation.

Quote:
We aren't given any info in the episode that says she wasn't sick.
Well, one would think that Takano of all people should know very well how to protect herself from the disease. And those who suffer from it kill because they experience paranoia, not crazy lust for power.

Quote:
I was especially annoyed by the scenes where everyone just stood still and talked despite being chased by murderous bastards.
Yes, that is a very common device which kills most of my suspension of disbelief every time. I have seen much worse cases of it, though, so I gues that's why it didn't annoy me as much as it could have.

Old 2007-10-05, 16:59   Link #203
MarthX

They weren't just stopping to talk. They were taking a break to catch their breath.
Old 2007-10-05, 18:37   Link #204
Wanderer
Goat

Well, my initial reaction was "how conventional..."

Much of this episode felt a lot like scenes from countless other anime and video games I've played, where one character stops and confronts the approaching villain so that their allies escape. And what was that stuff at the end, where they were all talking with Hanyuu after they were dead? Blah...

Takano was 100% pure evil to the nth degree, which I find terribly uninteresting. I like my villains to be more than one-dimensional, like my heroes. (Actually, the more I think about it... I thought every character in higu was kind of one-dimensional at first, and they showed me wrong with shining brilliance every time. Takano's past will be next. Let's hope the make a truly fleshed out villain.)

Well, I suppose my complaints are probably because of my very high expectations. There was a lot of good in this episode to be sure...

I got the impression that Rika wanted to be conscious when she died because her memory of past Hinamizawas was imperfect, and she wanted to make sure she remembered.

The most poignant part for me was Mion's reaction to K1 being shot. (I've really become big on K1xMion these last few weeks)

Rena's last words to Takano were pure awesome, even if Rena is just as delusional herself :P

The quiz just came out of nowhere. It was amazingly horrible and cruel, and REALLY showed just how heartless Takano was... it served only to remind Satoko (and the viewer) how Takano knew everything about Satoko... her disease... her suffering... all the things she's faced right down to her colorblindness. And Takano just killed her anyway, with a smile on her face.

So, mixed feelings. Maybe I'll like it better with time. I felt similarly when I first finished Meakashi-hen, but now I like it, so I suppose there is still hope.
Old 2007-10-05, 19:01   Link #205
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

Well, one would think that Takano of all people should know very well how to protect herself from the disease. And those who suffer from it kill because they experience paranoia, not crazy lust for power.
If you read the TIPS to*yoko

Which is a letter to Takano, it seems she just fulfilling her grandfather's last wish of being remembered after she dies
Old 2007-10-05, 19:17   Link #206
Kryptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
We aren't given any info in the episode that says she wasn't sick. I mean that laugh at the end reminds me of Rena's
Oh, no doubt she's sick...but I don't think she's Hinamizawa Syndrome sick.

It wouldn't make sense for her to suffer from the disease she 1) knows well enough about to be wary of, and 2) wants to exploit rather blatantly.

All of this seems meticulously and rather extensively planned out. This is not the work of an L5-stage victim. There's no paranoia or instinctual murderous intent. It feels too methodic for that.

More than likely, she has SOME kind of psychological thing...but it isn't the Syndrome. That'd cheapen how bat**** insane she is.
Old 2007-10-05, 19:34   Link #207
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Are you saying Takano is afraid of death so she wants to become a goddess and that's some form of paranoia? Well, it makes some twisted kind of sense but personally I'd prefer not to see such a development.

Old 2007-10-05, 19:43   Link #208
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

No Takano just wants to have something that she'll be remembered for
Old 2007-10-05, 20:19   Link #209
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
No Takano just wants to have something that she'll be remembered for
Remembered for killing 2000?

I guess she wants to become the female hitler.
Old 2007-10-05, 21:38   Link #210
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Takano + Hitler = Titler?
Old 2007-10-05, 22:25   Link #211
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Heil Titler
Old 2007-10-05, 22:38   Link #212
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Remembered for killing 2000?

I guess she wants to become the female hitler.
Ohh why do people hate HITLER it not a bad name y'know.
Old 2007-10-06, 01:24   Link #213
Tengusoldier

what the crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Hmmm....I was really looking forward to this episode after being impressed with how the "Battle" was executed in the game and now I must say that I'm slightly disappointed but at the same time satisfied.

Yes I was really grateful they didn't pull the time stop which really confused me during the game, I was glad that Mion didn't go out like a coward of sorts like she did in the game, I loved how they kept Rena's brave last words to Takano exactly like it was from the game, I was even able to tolerate the fact that Takano let the surviving group run for her to take them out one by one leaving Shion,Rika and Satoko for last, the mood during the climax was pretty well done.

Most of all I was REALLY glad they kept Rika's determined words "If you want to kill me, do it without putting me to sleep. It's so I don't forget. I will carve your tearing open my stomach onto my soul. So that when we meet again I will remember that YOU ARE MY ENEMY."

But the only critical thing that I felt was missing during all of this was the 嘘
bgm that was playing during these scenes in the game. That bgm which was unfortunately not present in the anime, is what really got to you in those scenes and it really went along with Rika's words of determination. Even though I expected this to happen still it would have been a nice little bonus if they included it.

Despite that Nice episode though. It was nice seeing all of this in anime form and I'm looking forward to the final arc.
seriously WTF!!?
how can Mion be a cowrd for fearing a gun?
she is an effing teen, and I'm sure you wold piss your pants if all of a sudden a person witha gun came up with a trivial excuse for executing your firs, like, yeah I don't liek you I will shoot you in the head first!! , you: wait wha...*shot*

Seriously that kind of made me mad cause she didn't even see it coming...yet to call her a coward.
Old 2007-10-06, 13:31   Link #214
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Voted excellent for this episode.

Totally loved what Rena said about Oyashiro-sama, as well as Rika's line about etching the memory into her soul. I would've liked to see Keiichi's little speech during time freeze, but as some people have already mentioned, time freeze followed by a speech seems sorta cheesy. Oh well, it's anime, so I wouldn't mind.

Spoiler for Spoiler from Matsuribayashi-hen:
Old 2007-10-06, 13:50   Link #215
MarthX

That's assuming there will be one. Matsuribayashi's ending could very well be altered. Perhaps to Miotsukushi's.
Old 2007-10-06, 14:06   Link #216
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Cheers to Miotsukushi-hen
Old 2007-10-06, 14:16   Link #217
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

just hope they won't change Matsuribayashi into "path of Miotsukushi". it won't make any sense, and it will be VERY redundant.
however, the ending itself might be a very big impact, though Matsuribayashi is very fine by itself.

that said, it is a bit useless to hope Miotuskushi, considering it wouldn't make sense to call it matsuribayashi so
Old 2007-10-06, 17:35   Link #218
Kisuke06
I see...

Wait, what is this Miotsukushi-hen? Another arc? The game isn't only 8 arcs long?
Old 2007-10-06, 17:42   Link #219
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Miotsukushi-hen is the final arc of Higurashi Matsuri.
Basically, it is a "reworked" Matsuribayashi-hen, as some events were changed, and there is a rescript. (Matsuribayashi-hen isn't present in Matsuri game at all.)

an alternative end for the PS2 game. that said it is better to no say any further, so it will prevent to blurt "faint spoiler" for matsuribayashi
Old 2007-10-06, 17:59   Link #220
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

It's very bittersweet