AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-28, 15:09   Link #61
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Health in that game comes back so fast that you'd have to go on a wild slaughtering spree to get yourself 'killed' though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 04:01   Link #62
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
In Assassin's Creed you will eventually desync and have to start over from your last save point if you kill too many Civilians.
Yes, but it does not leave any permanent effects on your character.

Speaking about having in game character, wouldn't it be good to have a dosage of reality in modern warfare in which everything is a shade of grey ? Like you thought you save a civillian but in return it's actually an enemy combatant in dsiguise ?

The CoD has always have shades of black and white, let MW2 be the first to introduce the grey areas, like it's namesake.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 12:30   Link #63
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Yes, but it does not leave any permanent effects on your character.

Speaking about having in game character, wouldn't it be good to have a dosage of reality in modern warfare in which everything is a shade of grey ? Like you thought you save a civillian but in return it's actually an enemy combatant in dsiguise ?

The CoD has always have shades of black and white, let MW2 be the first to introduce the grey areas, like it's namesake.
Grey areas only work when some of the decisions hurt. The Little Sisters in Bioshock are designed so that moral people would actually have problems with killing a little girl that they've been fighting against up close, but was never attacked by them. It's nothing like that for players up against a crowd of unnamed people who probably get in the way.

It'll be heavily scripted if this happens, but I doubt the testosterone players will like it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:47   Link #64
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
I'm very excited to hear the news, knowing that COD4 has never failed to amaze me. And from the teaser trailer, it seems that the next MW2 is going to be based on current energy crisis since I had the glimpse of an oil platform. Also, it's been hinted (as some people claim) that we're going to South America as a part of campaign, but eh. Can't say anything about it till we have an actual trailer (which will be...... dunno.)

And speaking of which, is it just me or did the airport scene has vague connection with Miles High Club?

Whatever it is, more SAS please! But I don't mind playing as other special forces for a change.

<MacMillan>Goodnight.</MacMillan>

Spoiler for for lulz:
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 00:19   Link #65
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

To much FPS's ...
Old 2009-04-03, 05:00   Link #66
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Lol the Iranian Embassy Siege. One of them was prepared to take that ass back in to be shot, but his mate told him that the world is watching.

I was hoping to see other Special Forces groups, like the SFOD-D, Navy SEALS, Sayaret Makthal (This is going to be screwed by Muslim players around the world), NORSOF, Pakistani Rangers, etc.

But it would be nice to play in multiplayer co-op as part of the Sabre Squadron lol.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 11:53   Link #67
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Speaking of shades of gray, I'd like to actually have the choice to kill some civilians in a shooter for once. I'm tired of these watered down "moral choices" that involve killing unarmed... soldiers or even the Little Sister crap.

Something that actually has a real impact without moral ambiguity. The chance to do something evil in a game that's not about choices between good and evil.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 14:33   Link #68
Almael

I think the games you are looking for are those gangster games or nazi games.

It was really time CoD starts playing in the present no matter what crisis they come up with. Nobody actually cares in this sort of game anyway.
Almael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:49   Link #69
Nosauz

I would love modern warfare 2 to really be a ww2 game because really when it comes down to it, treyarch sucks, and I miss the days of CoD 2. I know most of you like the new tech stuff but really the maps were pretty much remodels of many cod 2 maps, and the gameplay just seemed more entertaining, just my 2 cents.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:58   Link #70
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I would love modern warfare 2 to really be a ww2 game because really when it comes down to it, treyarch sucks, and I miss the days of CoD 2. I know most of you like the new tech stuff but really the maps were pretty much remodels of many cod 2 maps, and the gameplay just seemed more entertaining, just my 2 cents.
haha well then we can't be calling it "modren" warfare now can we

I like my WW2 shooters but I think for now I want to see another modern warfare shooter

Thing I hate about certain shooters is if you do shoot a civilian its game over, I don't like that. I would prefer it let you continue on and give you consequences later on or afterwards.
Old 2009-04-05, 00:59   Link #71
dfens

COD 4 was the first fps on a console I was really good at. Before it had to be a PC.

I only saw a clip of the game and it was enough to buy a console and the game.

And boy I wasn't disappointed. The only real complaint was it was too short took me 2-3 days pacing myself. If you wanted to you could beat the game in a matter of hours.

Loved the replay value took me awhile to beat it on the hardest setting. Almost threw the controler through the TV a couple of times.

For once the layout of the buttons on the 360 where just right for a fps, tried it on the PS3 didn't like it as much.

Not a 10 out of 10 but it was dam close. For me needed more cut scenes with better graphics. And more importantly would love to the ability to customize the main character you play to look like the player. Have it so you can choose height, weight, hair color, race etc. Plus being able to choose your weapon layout and ammo capacity would have been better.

Definitely going to get this one if it's like the first.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:01   Link #72
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
It'd be nice if they could do an XP carry-over design similar to Vegas 2, where anything that could be earned in multiplayer could be earned in single player campaign with a carry-over...

The ability to customize your character's appearance would be nice, but even better would be the ability to customize your weapons, especially in single-player campaign...That M4A1 SOPMOD Block I has an M1913 RIS for a reason; During missions where you were equipped with an M4 (Or really any rifle with an RIS, like the G36C), as much as I got used to the reflex sights, there are times where I could've gone for an ACOG instead, or an AN/PEQ-2 on an assault rifle that wasn't equipped with one...Maybe even get a high-cap mag to go with that M1911...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 07:06   Link #73
Nosauz

I felt the customizations and xp came very quickly, it doesn't help that i'm freaking OCD about stupid little achievements and am somewhat skilled at the art of fps but I got all the gun unlocks and skins in the first 10 days of playing. hell I didn't touch the sp until a month or two after purchase let alone finish. One thing I do hope they fix is the damn spawning points, or at least the algorythm of how players spawn because I remember is free for all, the way you won was camping spawn points aiming at their head and spraying as they spawned, made it for a very boring game if you died early in the round.

Any who, I felt the best upgrade for any weapon was the reddot, and if you didn't play tactical stuff like HC S&D, then the silencer became your best friend. But reddot for mp was by far the best attachment because it offered accuracy way beyond the acog scope and it did not obstruct your field of vision when you ironsighted the damn thing.

Some of the perks actually broke mp, like a submachine gun with quick reload quick firing, and martydom was my ultimate build and I would zip around decimating entire teams in team deathmatch. Just hope balance is more emphasized and more tactical game modes for mp are created because S&D was very fun, and very tactical. Although in most maps if you knew the general paths nade spamming became a great way to start the game.

Also please for god sake don't include martydom as a perk, mebbe suicide bomber, when you die you have a 30% chance of detonating the explosives on you. Or at least have drawbacks like you lose a grenade from your weapon arsenal.
Old 2009-04-05, 10:28   Link #74
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Reflex sights are great for CQB situations, but they don't offer anything in accuracy over long/mid-range firefights like the ACOG does; It offers magnification like a scope, but not too much so it can still be somewhat used in CQB if needed...If it obstructs your vision in CQB, then you need to touch-up on your sightless aiming...

Both the ACOG and reflex sights like the EOTech and M68 Aimpoint have their uses in certain situations; There's no universal sight, but being limited to just one sight without getting to change it out in single-player campaign kind of annoyed me...
Old 2009-04-05, 11:20   Link #75
Nosauz

yes, considering acog was terrible in close range situations, and for most guns, the first shot is arccurate as long as you don't spray and pray the acog's value diminishes greatly compared to the red dot sight.
Old 2009-04-05, 11:46   Link #76
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Spraying's for shotguns and Kalashnikovs; I prefer aiming, but if you're spraying, then you're defeating the purpose of a sight...
Old 2009-04-05, 12:20   Link #77
Nosauz

my point was, acog's accuracy benefit is actually not all that important, since the guns are accurate. The game is point and click and where you point yoru bullets go, so to say added accuracy at long range distances, adds no advantages to the gun for me. Red dot on the other hand zooms your entire screen, makes its deadly accurate and you don't have to worry about close encounters because you still have all that screen realestate.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:58   Link #78
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

RD > ACOG

even at long range RD > ACOG I never use ACOG, sucks royally.

lining up a little red dot is way easier compared to a stupid little L on its side

M16 with RD is total ownage, I rarely do bad with that weapon altho its not my fav gun

will be interesting to see if perks are kept for MW2 and what new ones they can come up with.
Old 2009-04-05, 17:19   Link #79
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Fuck it...I went off on a bit of a tangent here, had multiple paragraphs on marksmanship and equipment, and then I realized; We're talking about game physics, not real life physics...

So I'll say this: Sights in the game are nothing more than a personal preference...Sometimes it can correlate with real life, since you're not going to make a headshot clear across a map using a reflex sight where only a rifle scope is going to zero that precision for you...But if you like reflex sights over scopes, then that's fine by me; That's still no excuse to dismiss the advantages you can get in a scope, even when talking in-game context...

I merely made a passing point about wanting to customize one's load out in single player campaign mode; How the hell did this turn into a "ACOG sucks" argument?
Old 2009-04-05, 18:13   Link #80
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I felt the customizations and xp came very quickly, it doesn't help that i'm freaking OCD about stupid little achievements and am somewhat skilled at the art of fps but I got all the gun unlocks and skins in the first 10 days of playing.
Being the casual player that I am, I actually liked that.

Quote:
One thing I do hope they fix is the damn spawning points, or at least the algorythm of how players spawn because I remember is free for all, the way you won was camping spawn points aiming at their head and spraying as they spawned, made it for a very boring game if you died early in the round.
Only had that problem very occasionally. Martyrdom or Last Stand usually solved that.

Quote:
Also please for god sake don't include martydom as a perk, mebbe suicide bomber, when you die you have a 30% chance of detonating the explosives on you. Or at least have drawbacks like you lose a grenade from your weapon arsenal.
Hell no! Martyrdom was my favorite counter against those blasted pros who'd just shoot and walk on like I wasn't even there. With Martyrdom I'd take those bastards with me, or at least forced them to be more careful. No more 'gun 'n dash' for you, l33t-boy. >:3
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote