AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 10:53   Link #1681
Langus
Optimus Prime

What the heck did I just read?

I feel like I need to go back and read it five more times just to piece together the disconnected phrases and "clues" Kubo threw into this chapter to pretend like the story still has a plot.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:43   Link #1682
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
is that really Grimmjow??? he's alive??? yay!!!! (although I'm expecting Ulquiorra)

and fullbringers are back (wait! where's that doll girl?? I miss her... not tsukishima or giriko)

let's see the face of the King in next chapter...
She's not dead, so she wouldn't be in SS.

I'm still waiting for adult Nel Didn't Kubo say in an interview some time ago she'd be back?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:43   Link #1683
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Inspiration from YYH now?

And Kekkaishi...and others I'm sure aren't coming to mind.

Not a bad chapter..at first I felt it was going to be a waste with all the teasing (Grimmjow not being shown but it clearly being him) but then once that was over and I saw there was more pages, things turned up. Speaking of which, I think Grimmjow's mask/face might have something upgraded or missing...or Kubo is just still teasing hard without being successful.

So it looks like Isshin is the Uncle of the Shiba's (probably through their mother, if the last name means anything) and that explains Ichigo's resemblance to Kaien that we were promised a while back. Ganjuu looks like of badass, but also too similar to the likes of Ginjo and other greased back hair bleach characters--on that note:

Kubo brings back the three most broken Fullbringers? Well 2...Ginjo wasn't really all that amazing when compared to time manipulation and affecting people's memories. Kinda weird that they're in the same clothes that they were in when they died-- thought they'd be reborn in torn up cloth like most people brought into Rukongai and then Soul Society..
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:06   Link #1684
SeanQ

This chapter had a lot going in it...was a huge mess...took me awhile to figure out what was going on in this chapter...
Old 2012-11-28, 12:07   Link #1685
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Inspiration from YYH now?

If he wasn't being used as a projector, maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
OMG!!!! It's Kon!?
*points to GDB's avatar* Sigh... DON KENOGI! When has Kon ever done "BWAAAH HA HA HA HA!"? Come on guys
Old 2012-11-28, 12:30   Link #1686
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Told you we'd be seeing Tsukishima and Ginjo again...but noooo people said I was crazy...WHO'S CRAZY NOW!? HUH!? HUH!?
but you are crazy and so is kubo

but yea, i never expected them to be back. i guess we are seeing teh 3 who died and the 3 who lived are still humans in the real world. not sure if that even makes sense since ginjo was already dead and a soul reaper... i dunno who cares i guess? lol

good to see ganju after so long ...and grimmjow. royal palace looks cool. there's a lot of pluses here even though the chapter feels disjointed and over stuffed with randomness. the shiba house seems very in the know about things which just leads me to further believe that isshin is shiba and former zero squad
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:01   Link #1687
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

oh how i have missed the trademark vulgarity of everyone's favourite arrancar!

This was an actual good chapter that contained alot of information! Excellent work kubo!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:31   Link #1688
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
*points to GDB's avatar* Sigh... DON KENOGI! When has Kon ever done "BWAAAH HA HA HA HA!"? Come on guys
I still like the Kon option better...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:39   Link #1689
Kona
Banned

Having the Fullbringers back is what shocked me the most. Never expected that.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 14:05   Link #1690
SeanQ

Seeing how shit the fullerbringers were...who wants to bet they get the 3 day training and become op like Ichigo =p
Old 2012-11-28, 14:18   Link #1691
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

so the one fullbringer look liked the one with the eyepatch. Wasn't he you know.......cut in half? Well i guess it is bleach.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 14:23   Link #1692
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
so the one fullbringer look liked the one with the eyepatch. Wasn't he you know.......cut in half? Well i guess it is bleach.
why yes, they all died and were "returned to soul society"... keep in mind that no one can actually "die" in bleach in the literal sense cuz we're dealing with both heaven and the underworld here. of course, if plot still holds, get killed by a Quincy and all you'll be is spirit particles
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 14:33   Link #1693
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
- The rolled-up sleeves, the hakama, and his speech pattern makes it obvious the mystery man is Grimmjow. I don't know why Kubo doesn't want to show him yet. In any case, I'm glad my favorite arrancar is back.
Kubo hasn’t revealed all of Grimmjow because he’s probably getting some type of hair cut (or hair growth). Kubo has done this with almost every character, since the Time Skip. I just have a fear that he will have a mullet as long as the new looking Ganju. Though, who knows, Grimmjow might end up with piercings or something like that instead.

I would have to agree that bring back the Fullbringers was the biggest shock of all. I recognized the back of the ‘clock/time control’ Fullbringer. I was pretty sure he got sliced in half, quite easily I might add by Kenpachi, but I have to remember that most characters in this series don't die. Even if they are almost completely forgettable. Hopefully this time around he will be stronger instead of cannon fodder.

(EDIT: Now I've read that it's because they were lead through Soul Society and not kicked into Hell. I can't tell, but is the last silhouette the main bad guy from that arc? I don't know. I don't really want to try and think more about my least favorite moment (so far) of this series. You guys can break it down. I might jump in later once I've had more time to absorb this chapter.)

But for the overall chapter, I was kind of confused. Kubo smashed in so much hinting and information that it was kind of hard to absorb all at once. I had to read it in small doses and take mini-mind breaks. Most likely because I was just happy to see that Grimmjow was the mystery man, but I was kind of let down that we only saw his arm and abdomen. But I’ll take what I can get.

The palace reminds me of Asgard. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Kubo tried to make the King a little kid. It’s been done before for 'shock value.' The most shocking I think he could do is make it an elderly woman. But we’ll probably find out in two more chapters.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:35   Link #1694
SimplyAJ

Actually seemed like a vaguely interesting chapter. I had a weird love/hate relationship with the fullbringers. I liked Ginjo and that was it really, even though he was pretty shallow and basically had no special ability compared to everybody else? Besides... a sword? But man, wouldn't you be kind of embarrassed if you were the guy that got cut in half having to see the group that did that to you? I mean he didn't even put up a fight.

Regardless though, I find it odd. I mean, do they have their fullbringer powers ANY Shinigami powers now? What are they exactly? And why would they even train and join the "good" guys? I mean these were people that were pretty damn evil when you think about it, with the whole psychological torture of Ichigo thing.

Also, I liked seeing Kukakus brother but at the same time, how is he to even stand a chance where captains who were MUCH stronger than him when he was introduced got decimated by the Quincies? Just seems ... unlikely, I guess.
SimplyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:06   Link #1695
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

good in this chapter is the mysterious Grimmjow I'm sure! So then Kukaku to find and decide to train (Tsukishima, Giriko and Ganju) who are now dead after their souls on earth as human being is therefore logical that they become souls landing at the soul society and he Ganju became too beautiful and cool than before!

Now I have a question that speaks Kukaku say "uncle" would be his Ishin?? and also would it be possible that Ishin should contact Kukaku asking him to find the souls of Tsuki, Giriko and Ganju to train? and especially their souls to those 3 are not going to soul society alone, I'm sure it is that it was put Ishin mode Shinigami and send their souls to the Soul Society.

That's my opinion.

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-11-28 at 16:30.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:44   Link #1696
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Take that leash off Unohana. Though other things would be preferrable..*puh . Hopefully we get to see her fight all out now.

Now that we got Grimmjow, I want some adult Nel up in this piece.

Also, do the fullbringers have the same powers now? IT's starting to get confusing. They're being trained, so they have to have some ability, but I wonder if retaining the same abilities won't be a little weird.
Old 2012-11-28, 16:33   Link #1697
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I would have to agree that bring back the Fullbringers was the biggest shock of all. I recognized the back of the ‘clock/time control’ Fullbringer. I was pretty sure he got sliced in half, quite easily I might add by Kenpachi, but I have to remember that most characters in this series don't die. Even if they are almost completely forgettable. Hopefully this time around he will be stronger instead of cannon fodder.
At first I was shocked. But then I realized that these guys could actually afford to get killed without getting completely cut from the plot. Afterall, since they were alive during the fullbring arc, their death would only mean they can continue to remain relevant as souls. Though it'll be interesting to see what excuse Kubo provides to explain how they'll retain their fullbring abilities (if at all). I mean, one would think that they should've lost their hollow-based abilities upon having their souls be cleansed at the time of their death.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:08   Link #1698
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wait, so the "Doll House" Fullbringer girl didn't die? It seemed like she tried to suicide after she was treated.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:29   Link #1699
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wait, so the "Doll House" Fullbringer girl didn't die? It seemed like she tried to suicide after she was treated.
If you look closely at the final page of chapter 479, a ring appears under her foot as she steps off the edge. In hindsight, this means that she actually just ended up using the fullbring equivalent to shunpo or sonido (Kangen Hikari/Bringer Light) to leave the area. She didn't jump off the edge of the building to her death afterall.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:31   Link #1700
Alchemist007
*Author

Cameo as hell chap. We knew about Grimm already but I'm also glad Tsuku and Mr.Shoe Salesman Ginjou are back.

Tags
bleach, chapter