Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-26, 19:08   Link #1
Rand
Dragon Reborn

Would you like to pilot a mecha ?

I did not really know where to put this thread but i thought the general anime would be the right place.

Well, I like mechas and watching them in anime. I often wondered how it could feel to pilot such a "vehicle". Of course, mechas can't really exist (hmm after all who knows...?) but i like to imagine beeing in a mecha and walking with it in the streets of a desterted city

I'm sure it would be freaking awsome to take the seat of Yuji or Marlene in Blue Gender, or testing a machine from Robotech, Gunparade...etc

What's your opinion ?
Old 2004-06-26, 19:57   Link #2
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
I have a K'nex Shadowcat on my dresser, standing next to half-a-dozen Z-Bot, a Mechwarrior Darkages figurine, a dozen Transformers, and the great Big Duo.

That pretty much establishes that I'm a mecha fan, but would I actually pilot one?

Well, it depends. If it was a lousy Gundam robot or some other "real robo," then I'd probably pass. However, if it was Grandizer, the Big Duo, or some other "super robo" then hell yeah, I'd jump at the chance.

Actually, even if it was just a Gundam, I'd like to pilot it, but I'd really love to pilot the Big Duo.

The Great Big Duo:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-26, 20:14   Link #3
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
I've always wanted to pilot a Zoid... or at least since I saw the show. Something like a Bladeliger or one of the flying ones. Piloting a Gundam wouldn't be half bad either.
Old 2004-06-26, 20:55   Link #4
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Just let me near Tobikage, that's all i want
Old 2004-06-26, 21:03   Link #5
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Few years ago I played Ghost in the Shell game for PSX. If I can ride a mech, I want to ride those thing from Ghost in the Shell.

It feels great, they cruise, they slide, they climb wall, jump over a building, just incredible freedom of movements. I really want to try the real thing. ^^
Old 2004-06-26, 21:16   Link #6
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

For mechas I always prefered the battletech mechs (you know... the ones in Mechwarrior games and tabletop/roleplay game) over anime mechas.
Most anime mechas dont look dangerous enough. I dont see the point in painting a war machine in bright, happy colors and give it a face/hat/superhero-mask.

1000 ton mechas that are capable of doing flik-flaks in mid air while striking poses also just plain suck... BE MORE SERIOUS YOU OLDSCHOOL ANIME MECHAS!

The only anime-mechas I would go for would most of the time be the "evil" ones. For example I loved those evil mechas in "saber rider" (dont even know the japanes name of that). They were called "renegades" in german tv .
Old 2004-06-26, 22:58   Link #7
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
A gundam would be cool, or better yet an Orbital Frame from Zone of The Enders.
Old 2004-06-27, 00:11   Link #8
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
1000 ton mechas that are capable of doing flik-flaks in mid air while striking poses also just plain suck... BE MORE SERIOUS YOU OLDSCHOOL ANIME MECHAS!
Patlabor was pretty good at being relatively realistic with their mechas. They even mentioned a few times about size/movement limitations of mecha. And the Ingrams look pretty good too.

The Veritechs in Macross/Robotech were pretty cool too.

But I prefer for personal use, battle/hardsuits, kind of like in Bubblegum Crisis...but maybe a little more masculine for myself.

Last edited by Sakaki; 2004-06-27 at 21:02.
Old 2004-06-27, 01:42   Link #9
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

a goddess from Candidate for Goddess...
reading the specs from the manga...i'd probably want the white one
Old 2004-06-27, 01:44   Link #10
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
I'd like to pilot an EVA,it'd be pretty cool,except for the fact that i can feel the pain if the EVA gets attacked.(haha)
Old 2004-06-27, 02:13   Link #11
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

Hmm...

I'm clumsy enough as 100+ lbs of meat.

No need to bring 1000+ tonnes of steel into this ;p
Old 2004-06-27, 02:15   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I'd like to pilot either a jovan daimajin from Nadesico, *Teleportation + gravity blast cannon = fun* or a zaibach guy melef from escaflowne *invisability cloak + flamethrowers = more fun* It's just a matter of the scale I want to have 'fun' on. heh heh
Old 2004-06-27, 04:37   Link #13
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Sure. I'd love to pilot most any type of mecha ever concieved in anime. I'd pass on something like an Eva due mainly to the idea of feeling pain whenever it got hurt. I want to pilot a machine, not control a living extension of myself. Especially one that already has a soul of it's own.

My all time favourite mecha have to be Shoji Kawamori's Valkyrie designs from Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Especially the VF-4 Lightning III New Valkyrie, my alltime favourite Valkyrie design. Heck, I'd be ecstatic piloting a VT-1C civilian Valkyrie, a dumbed down VF-1 sold into civilian use. The higher end Valkyries such as the VF-22 Sturmvogel II and the VF-19 Excaliber would probably be more fun to pilot, but a VF-4 would definitely be my mecha of choice simply because it's my favourite.

Another factor into this is that I love airplanes, and I'd love to be a pilot. A Valkyrie would be the very best of both worlds.

With mecha like this

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/res...vari/vf14.html

How can you go wrong?
Old 2004-06-27, 04:42   Link #14
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
I always wanted to pilot mechs that can be found in the game "Armored Core"(especially the light AC unit ones)... the designs are cool... easy to maneuver and fast too(though others dont)... and is equipped w/ cool weapons...

let's see if Gundam can hit me... a few shots of a plasma rifle and Gundam is destroyed...
Old 2004-06-27, 16:45   Link #15
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Hmm...

I wouldn't mind sitting behind the wheel of an AV Ingram 98 from Patlabor or an Aestivalis from Nadesico. ^^
Old 2004-06-27, 17:41   Link #16
Mugen
Tha slick

Send a message via MSN to Mugen
ye id quite fancy piloting the Type 0 from patlabor, as its one of the more realistic mechs
Old 2004-06-27, 18:17   Link #17
Dev Gun
The Yokohama Killer!

Send a message via AIM to Dev Gun
i'd want nimbus from dragon ball ahahahaha

or one of those things from the escaflowne movie, i forgot what they called it,
Old 2004-06-27, 20:54   Link #18
Longinus
光の練金術師

Hmm I like lots of different mecha styles, from smaller down-to-earth types like the AV-98 Ingram, to super robots like Ideon.

As for would I want to pilot one.. sure what the heck, I'd even pilot a Ball if I have the chance.

I have a battlemech made outta lego on top of my monitor for crying out loud...
Old 2004-06-27, 22:39   Link #19
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Send a message via AIM to fantD
If i had to pilot a mecha, it would probably be a gundam considering that almost 90% of all mobile suits/mecha type vechicles end up being destroyed one way or another. A gundam would most likely be the safest heh
Old 2004-06-28, 00:06   Link #20
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen
ye id quite fancy piloting the Type 0 from patlabor, as its one of the more realistic mechs
The mechs in Patlabor are about as realistic as you're going to get. The show's premise was to show how mecha could realistical exist in today's society with technology that could easily exist today.

Anyway, which version of the Type 0 would you be wanting to pilot? The AV-XO or the AV-0 (PeaceMaker)?
Closed Thread