AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-27, 18:00   Link #5041
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
The part where I suggested changing it to 'aloud' was because Illya's character had said it instead of as a thought, but I see what you mean aswell. As he's talking to himself.

As for the other part I see what you pointed out there aswell. I'll have to think on it for a few as nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

And as for Betaing people? I plan on useing you when I finish with my next piece.
Awesome can't wait :3

And I see what you mean about the first one. I assumed he was thinking internally but he could be just talking to himself.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:03   Link #5042
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I assumed he was thinking internally but he could be just talking to himself.
No, my fault, he was thinking internally. Lost in translation.

Btw explain Beta"ing" I'm curious.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:05   Link #5043
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
*peers down at the bottom of the thread*

Kinda off-topic, but since when did 'satashi' become a thread tag? Oh, and it looks like 'shiny crack' is also one

hmm...so the FF thread now deals in 'corruption' with all of its 'blooming insanity'
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:06   Link #5044
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Send a message via MSN to illidan182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
No, my fault, he was thinking internally. Lost in translation.

Hehe, thats ok. ^_^

Basicly when someone Beta's your work, they read it, correct misspellings, grammar issues, and basicly what me and TSS are doing in the thread. lol

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
illidan182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:06   Link #5045
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

Don't really understand, Should I remove the " around Liberty?
Sorry I'll make it clearer. Since the line in question is dialog thus in "Quotes" and quotations in the dialog in this case liberty need to be in singe 'quotes' instead of "double quotes"

Quote:

And if you don't mind, could I PM you too in the future for review if you have the time?
Sure I got nothing but time between me and Illidan you'll be well off

Quote:
Betaing is just letting someone read and revises/edits your piece before you release it. Someone who Betas for you is your Beta. In real world writing terms its called critiquing (not to be confused with criticizing) and someone who critiques your piece is your critique partner (Only knows that because I live around a bunch of authors)
Old 2008-05-27, 18:08   Link #5046
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
Basicly when someone Beta's your work, they read it, correct misspellings, grammar issues, and basicly what me and TSS are doing in the thread. lol
Thought it was something like that.

Quote:
Sorry I'll make it clearer. Since the line in question is dialog thus in "Quotes" and quotations in the dialog in this case liberty need to be in singe 'quotes' instead of "double quotes"
Ah, now I understand.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:10   Link #5047
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Kinda off-topic, but since when did 'satashi' become a thread tag? Oh, and it looks like 'shiny crack' is also one

hmm...so the FF thread now deals in 'corruption' with all of its 'blooming insanity'
I have no idea :3

But considering how famous Satashi is on the thread here, I think it's only appropriate. Considering that Satashi actively posts stories here than any of us combined, I think it's only fair that Satashi's name was posted.

I'm willing to bet that anyone of us who was just as active and just as popular and well known as Satashi would probably get their name posted down there as well XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:10   Link #5048
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesinwithin View Post
-feels like she's the only one amused by the Lupus thing-

Guys, question. I want to start work on my new Nanoha fic idea, but I want to finish this other fic that I'm working on first. What do you think? Should I just do both, or should I push myself to finish Passages before I start work on this new Nanoha piece?
Passages is one of the few well written non-AU fics, heck, fics in the Mai-HiME section. Don't force yourself to write it if you really can't at the moment because the quality might suffer. This kind of story deserves to end with a bang! So if you feel like doing the Nanoha thing, do it. I will wait for Passages no matter how long it takes. It's that good.

Quote:
I...have...RETURNED!!

*trips and epic faceplants*

Urg...need more sleep after the con

Glad to see some people enjoyed the not-planned continuation of 18 . I may or may not continue depending on if I get more inspiration or not . As for where I was all weekend...I'll just copy-paste from my OC post to spare the non-Outer Cadians from venturing in the OC thread

------------------------------------
Offtopic:

After a weekend of about 3-4 hours of sleep a night, staffing the Karaoke room into the late evening (and listening to some songs over and over and over again ), helping out at Yaoi Con sponsored events, lightening my wallet in the Dealers Room, and many cosplays over the 4-day con I must now return to being 'normal' . But first to show off some pics from the con

Spoiler for Fanime 2008:
Welcome back. Cool pics!

Quote:
Edit: Yay for writing in the wrong word. While working on MBLZ I meant to write this: Yuuno offered to make food.
Instead I wrote: "Yuuno offered to make babies."
This is why I shouldn't watch tv and write at the same time.
Yuuno as a babymaker? oO;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

I'd say so.
so cute!! *squeals*

Quote:
This is the first fanfic I've ever written with these characters: Character info
----------------------------------------------
This is the prologue to my "Marksman Tales" fanfic which I am planning to continue with and expand with different parts.

Spoiler for Prologue:

If you find any huge errors (storywise, spelling, grammatic etc.) don't hesitate to tell me about it. And since it's my first, the quality may vary
English is not my first language so it feels awkward to offer corrections.. ^^' LOL but I pretty much caught most of what Illidan and TheShinySword pointed out. It was a very easy fic to read nevertheless. *waits for update*

edit:
Quote:

yeah, add nosebleeds to that list too! I think this and the OC-thread have the weirdest tags on AS.
wanwan1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:15   Link #5049
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanwan1203 View Post

Yuuno as a babymaker? oO;;
Babymaker! Yuuno

Yuuno: Hello ladies will you bare my children!
Nanoha+Fate+Hayate:... ... ...
All: OH GOD YES! *Tackle Yuuno*
Yuuno: *sleazy grin* The Yuuno gets all the ladies.

Oh snap what did I just write

I like your new sig WanWan
Old 2008-05-27, 18:17   Link #5050
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naolin View Post
*huff puff* I made it! I've spent the last four-ish hours locating and reading Vampire!Fate on this thread, because I didn't want to wait for the FF.net one to update. And it was so, so worth it. XD

Lesse, comments on past pages...

'I've read some AU fics where the characters tend to be OOC.. *coughMaiHiMEsectioncough*' <--- That, hah...ahaha...sorry? ^^''

Twilight <--- should have had hot vampire lovin'. Or something. And I read the series anyway...

Fatenum <--- supported by me, oh yes. X3 Still, NanoFate ftw.

'Rings and Things' was amazing and should have a horde of banner-wavers surrounding it. Also, it made me de-lurk. Well...it was on the top of the de-lurking-reasons totem poll.

That AU with Fate's father (forgot the title...so many pages back...XD;; ) was great, and really needs to be updated.

That aside, I'd have voted B but Fate won already. Woo Fate. I think she's becoming more like the Fate we all know and love, when we can see those glimpses of what's under the (very sexy) flirting. And tho' I can't say I'm a fan of spanking, Nanoha dominating is...ah...is very- it- yes.

Half-baked Theory Time~! Nanoha's dying, but Fate will turn her and cause the Paladins to try to kill her, which will spawn a conflict of honour and duty when Hayate realises neither of the vampires deserve to be hunted down. So she and the others abandon their posts and wage a war against the remaining Paladins, an epic battle ensues, and Fate gets to cast smouldering glances right and left. (that outfit...those fangs...mmmm...)

(never gonna happen ftw~!)

So, erm... (long post gah) Hi? ^^'' Nice to meet you...? *eyes warily*
This is late but welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
[Shameless plug] Because blond hair foxy ladies were meant to be babysitters. [/shameless plug]

Spoiler for Vampire!Fate pt.2a:

A.)Nanoha
B.)Fate
Must vote before it closes A

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:18   Link #5051
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Send a message via MSN to illidan182
Quote:
YUUNO IS MIROKU FROM INUYASHA!! Trixy Monks disguising theirselves as ferret-changlings haha xD!!

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
illidan182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:20   Link #5052
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

Quote:
Babymaker! Yuuno

Nanoha+Fate+Hayate:... ... ...
All: OH GOD YES! *Tackle Yuuno*
Yuuno: *sleazy grin* The Yuuno gets all the ladies.

Oh snap what did I just write

I like your new sig WanWan
Wh-wha-- Yuuno is like.. a pimp or something!
ahh *exhales* the shiny crack is BACK! oh how I love it. :3
@sig: Thanks!
Old 2008-05-27, 18:25   Link #5053
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Special salute to Ilya for first fic. Added to profile page

@Lurkers who came out but aren't posting much: Don't be shy! you may of not got too many replies right off 'cause it coulda been flooded off ^^ Jump right in and comment on anything you want! The more you post the more you'll make some firends ^^

Welcome back Eva!

Lots of backlog @_@ I read it all but too many quotes lol.

[EDIT]
Yuuno: I put on my robe and wizard hat
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:30   Link #5054
ShiniIllumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Special salute to Ilya for first fic. Added to profile page

@Lurkers who came out but aren't posting much: Don't be shy! you may of not got too many replies right off 'cause it coulda been flooded off ^^ Jump right in and comment on anything you want! The more you post the more you'll make some firends ^^

Welcome back Eva!

Lots of backlog @_@ I read it all but too many quotes lol.

[EDIT]
Yuuno: I put on my robe and wizard hat
Hahaha @ the last line. Oh gosh it never gets old :3
Old 2008-05-27, 18:40   Link #5055
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
This is the first fanfic I've ever written with these characters: Character info
This is the prologue to my "Marksman Tales" fanfic which I am planning to continue with and expand with different parts.

Spoiler for Prologue:

If you find any huge errors (storywise, spelling, grammatic etc.) don't hesitate to tell me about it. And since it's my first, the quality may vary
good start
looking forward to more
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:43   Link #5056
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
@Naolin: post more
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:52   Link #5057
Naolin
The dustbunnies did it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Fate/Signum?

Sounds sexy :3

Edit: Page-claim for sexy Fate/Signum :3
YESH.

@TSS- You look vaguely familiar too...FF.net? SA?

@wan-
I, erm...was sorry because I thought you were including my fic, but since you like it it must at least be the good kind of OOC. XD;; *blinks* A fan! *glomps* Hello, fan~! I love their storyline too

[Edit] Dammit, quotes are confusing and evil.

[Double-edit] A

Last edited by Naolin; 2008-05-27 at 19:04.
Naolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:55   Link #5058
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naolin View Post
YESH.

@wan-
I, erm...was sorry because I thought you were referring to my fic, but since you like it it must at least be the good kind of OOC. XD;; *blinks* A fan! *glomps* Hello, fan~! I love their storyline too

[Edit] Dammit, quotes are confusing and evil.
Oh, no no, there are dozens of OOC fics there. I wasn't referring to any specific fic (because there are many, and only a few of which are nicely done) ^^' Hello too!! Yayy! Hope to see more of you on this thread!
Old 2008-05-27, 19:00   Link #5059
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for Prologue:

Original Characters. Uh? I like that, this sound interestring, I can't wait until you oficially launch it

BTW: Don't worry, I also have several problems with grammar (I think that my fic Vatican Knights is a terrorist attack against english grammar ) Just to make you know that you are not the only one
Old 2008-05-27, 19:19   Link #5060
Naolin
The dustbunnies did it...

OCs usually grate on my nerves, but everything should be given a chance, yeah? And so far it looks pretty interesting, so fight-o.

Also, since mercurianangel's on- your picture of Vampire!Fate is full of absolutely sexy awesomeness, and deserves to be made into a giant billboard-sized poster.

[Edit] Pageclaim for Fate's boobs (again, probably).

Last edited by Naolin; 2008-05-27 at 20:06.
Naolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha