AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 17:01   Link #21
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

VT-x is Intel's implementation of Virtual Technology that allows you to virtualize any operating system without any impact in performance. AMD-V is the same implementation of VT-x and most virtualization software already can take advantage of this and this is required in order to use XP mode which most AMD processor have this technology and most high end Intel processors, but depending on the processor model, you may be out of luck since most of Intel lower model processors don't come with this. If so, you have to use a third party virtualization software.

And Windows 7 is alot more compatible than Windows Vista since Microsoft cleaned up it's problems first time around, but we won't know until the final release comes out.
Old 2009-05-27, 17:25   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Windows 7 is still in the pre-production mode? So why are people talking like they have it already?

edit: nevermind wiki'd it....
Old 2009-05-28, 06:53   Link #23
justavisitor

talking about vista, anyone downloads the vista sp2 yet?? I personally want to wait and see the opinion from public first XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 07:58   Link #24
mechabao

I downloaded and installed Vista SP2 yesterday. It works fine on my computer.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 08:36   Link #25
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
I downloaded and installed Vista SP2 yesterday. It works fine on my computer.
I see, thanks for the info...I google it a bit and I found some criticism already...(well i guess it's normal for any products from microsoft )

Once again, thanks for the response
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-05-28, 12:12   Link #26
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have install Vista SP2 RTM few weeks ago before it came out and the performance went up a little higher in 3dmark06 benchmark and no compatiblity problems.

You can also remove all the previous service pack files by using compcln.exe
Old 2009-05-28, 12:42   Link #27
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^But will Vista SP2 auto-update from SP 1 on a new computer? (Gonna set my new computer up this weekend when I have hours to play around with it)...
Old 2009-05-28, 14:23   Link #28
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Auto update is not happening until June 29, I think... but it's available for download at Microsoft Download Center and it's a 400-600 MB download which will take about an hour or to to download
Old 2009-05-28, 22:01   Link #29
ashgray2

I have problems also with my Microsoft Vista when I installed it to my computer. It has lots of driver issues which is not compatible with Microsoft Vista. Not only that some of programming software that I'm using is not working on it. SO I decided to downgrade to Windows XP SP2 again. I will wait for the release of Windows 7 SP2.

Old 2009-05-29, 13:30   Link #30
Shadow Kira01

I don't plan on getting the SP2 until I hear more about it. Every time people release updates, it is usually plagued with some issues once in awhile. More importantly, I didn't find the list of features to be very useful to me. In fact, it said something about the need to uninstall some softwares ahead of time which discourages me to update. However, I will eventually have to download the 546MB package sometimes this month or the next as that it is necessary.

Vista has low compatibility rate but that doesn't really matter as that basic features are already sufficient. For gaming, I could always spend time on my favorite PS2. Of course.. My PS2 have some laser-len issue but aside from the frequent loud twirling noises, it works fine.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 13:36   Link #31
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I never had much compatibility problems since most of the software and hardware are compatible since Apple releases BootCamp drivers for both Vista and XP...

Also, I'm getting frustrated over people spreading FUD about Vista and overblowing it like it's a terrible mess. Most of the problems are already fixed in the latest service packs. You shouldn't blame Microsoft for compatibility problems, blame the vendors who don't update their software/drivers. Also remember that Windows XP have the same perception when it first came out.
Old 2009-05-29, 13:40   Link #32
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^But will Vista SP2 auto-update from SP 1 on a new computer? (Gonna set my new computer up this weekend when I have hours to play around with it)...
Well it showed up as an available update for me 2 days ago. The only issues that I've heard of with Vista SP2 is that it won't install on Vista installs that were "slimmed down" with vLite and some games that use InstallShield won't uninstall after the computer's been updated to SP2.

The most significant change I've noticed with SP2 compared to SP1 on my computer has to do with the startup and shutdown times being reduced significantly. Other than that, memory usage seems to have gone down slightly while system responsiveness has gone up slightly as well.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 14:52   Link #33
justavisitor

I download Sp2 as soon as mechabao said it's fine on his computer XD

(Well, actually the user's opinion is only one of the reasons, and another reason is I heard that Sp2 is not that great of a update from Sp1...so it should not be too big of an issue to upgrade it..and once again, thanks for your input mechabao XD)

So far it's okay here, if my memory is correct, the Sp2 actually frees up the hard disk space a bit, before i had 300 g free, now I have 360 g free...(it makes me to have a doubt of my memory )
Old 2009-06-10, 17:33   Link #34
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I've had Vista SP1 Home Premium for about a week, no probs until yesterday...$hit starts glitching, freezing a bit, won't let me system restore...So I safe-moded it to system restore and it did, but the problem still persists...It's taking forever to delete and copy files from my flashdrive...Is giving me the looooooooooooobg scan of death where it's just scanning the fiole getting ready to delete it yet not deleting it/0r copying it....Is this a common Vista issue or myth?
Old 2009-06-10, 20:03   Link #35
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

What I did notice on SP2 X64 is that nVidia driver started to crash more often... I never had my nVidia drivers crash in SP1 X64, but with the recent releases, it got even worse... even after clean installing the drivers, even after using driver cleaner...
Old 2009-06-10, 20:37   Link #36
Shadow Kira01

What sort of features does the recent SP2 has? Is there a list I can read somewhere?

I don't like the idea of downloading 500+ megs of data, do an upgrade to find that it has problems that originally wasn't there with SP1. I love updates and upgrades but sometimes, these sort of packages gave off the aura that its actually downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I've had Vista SP1 Home Premium for about a week, no probs until yesterday...$hit starts glitching, freezing a bit, won't let me system restore...So I safe-moded it to system restore and it did, but the problem still persists...It's taking forever to delete and copy files from my flashdrive...Is giving me the looooooooooooobg scan of death where it's just scanning the fiole getting ready to delete it yet not deleting it/0r copying it....Is this a common Vista issue or myth?
Not sure whether you computer was originally Vista SP1 Home Premium from the start or an upgraded edition but mine is having issues still after over a month. Although my laptop comes with an ultra-convenient sd card slot, I cannot use it as that it will freeze the system as soon as the cpu tries to read the sd card from the laptop slot. Its not just a SD slot, it also reads magic memory sticks. Oh well, its not like I don't have a card reader. I have 3 card readers, one is cheap and have poor compatibility issues, another is very advanced and expensive that works perfectly fine with multiple features but it is inconvenient to swing the cover on and off to insert and remove a memory card, and I got the third one which is 10 bucks, very convenient and basic and simple features but the compatibility is quite high.
Old 2009-06-15, 16:32   Link #37
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, it just gets glitchier and glitchier...I have a free 60 day Norton Live Update (I was gonna switch to AVG after it was over), but the $hit no longer responds to being clicked...It's like it doesn't exist, but it's still working as evident on Task Manager...I system restored, but I got nothing but the same glitch...Damn Vista was the $hit for about 6 days, now I'm ready to give it the heave-ho...It's the little things that get on my nerves about it....I'm scared to death of upgrading to SP2 at this point...Sheesh...
Old 2009-06-15, 16:35   Link #38
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I don't really trust prebuilt computers because these companies put a load of crap on the Windows OS and make it 100x worse than it is... Yes, Norton is probably the worst anti-virus software to use due to bloatware... but some computer manufacturers have the actual Windows install disk like Dell and don't install any of this crap onto the computer... Depending on your manufacturer, they may not provide you one... and this is not likely to change even with Windows 7 because they have always pre-installed this crap on Windows XP as well.
Old 2009-06-15, 20:04   Link #39
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I'm not a complaint a minute here...I mean I'm ecstatic that I can finally watch all the previously mind-raping x264 HQ mkv.'s that had to be touched by Moses to work on my aging Dell 8200, but I'd guess I was gonna get a honeymoon period before this brand new CPU started having annoying Vista problems...I just wanted to see if these problems are consistent with the Rolodex worth of Vista Issues...As for the built in features, the comp was a gift so beggars can't be choosers here...Can I expect a naked Bill Gates mooning my screen in about a week or what?
Old 2009-07-11, 11:34   Link #40
Shadow Kira01

It seems that there are still some annoying problems with Vista SP1.. Whenever I turn the volume above 70, it slows down my overall cpu performances to the point that it lags and freezes occasionally. And whenever I insert a memory card into the laptop slot, it freezes the cpu entirely yet memory cards work perfectly by utilizing external card readers. Is there some sort of patch to fix these issues? Of course, these aren't that important to me as that I have figured a way around it but still... It would be nice if it can be fixed as that it will enhance the convenience factor.

Thought I should provide additional information:

The issue with the increase of volume is only noticeable when using Winamp. Thus, it could be either an issue with Winamp v5.551 (x86) or its Vista Home Premium SP1 (x64).

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-07-11 at 11:37. Reason: provided additional information.