AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 42 33.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-25, 08:03   Link #181
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It should end up as a 13 episode set. Though I don't think they booked enough timeslots for it.

P.S I CLAIM AZUSA AS MINE!!!! SHE IS MY WAIFU!!!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-25, 08:36   Link #182
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

You're 14 year old wife? Can't claim her for that. I'm sporting the right forum attire anyway so she's my girl. xP

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-05-25, 08:38   Link #183
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I want Azusa as a friend.
Old 2009-05-25, 09:06   Link #184
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
...It nice that people love Haruhi but saying that others are going to ditch other titles because it's a superior title is another thing. There are also lots of titles out that are better than Haruhi like Shin Mazinger Z, Requiem of the Phantom, Eden of the East and Guin Saga for example....
I don't see why anyone would ditch an enjoyable anime because a better one comes along. I might ditch one I wasn't enjoying that much, I suppose.

But there's no need to diss Haruhi. You're entitled to your opinion, but when someone doesn't like Haruhi (the anime, I mean), I really don't get it. I adore Eden and Phantom, and Guin and Mazinger are excellent, but the new ep of Haruhi was outstanding, a definite ten, with both shallow and deep appeal. It was at least as special as the original series, which was a masterpiece, one of the landmarks of anime history. Far superior to this show, for one. As are Eden and Phantom, in their very different ways. Not sure about Mazinger, of which the first ep was excellent, but which isn't my style. Guin is good, and I'm following it, but it's really just a kids' show.

I had high hopes for ep8 of K-On, but it really wasn't much, to me. I do like Azusa. Great character design.

The past two eps have been written by giants of the anime writing field: ep7 by Yoshida Reiko (Marimite) and ep8 by Hanada Jukki (Rozen Maiden).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-25, 09:08   Link #185
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Seeing that the K-On girls are all rookies, I hope that this series takes their careers to new heights.
Old 2009-05-25, 09:59   Link #186
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Seeing that the K-On girls are all rookies, I hope that this series takes their careers to new heights.
That's not completely true:
Aki Toyosaki is working since 2007, plus she already conformed Sphere with some of the cast from Hatsukoi Limited and relesead their first album a month ago:

* Kanamemo: Kana Nakamachi
* Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō: Amuro Ninagawa
* Minami-ke: Yoshino
* Shugo Chara!: Su

* Bihada Ichizoku: Ai Shiratori
* Dolly☆Variety: Sora Aoki
* Minami-ke: Okawari: Yoshino
* Shugo Chara!! Doki: Su

* Akikan!: Najimi Tenkūji
* Asura Cryin': An Ōhara
* Hatsukoi Limited: Koyoi Bessho
* K-On!: Yui Hirasawa
* Minami-ke: Okaeri: Yoshino

Yoko Hikasa also is working since 2007:

* Sketchbook ~full color's~ - Minamo Negishi

* Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians - Girl B
* Ghost Hound - Primary School Girl B
* PERSONA -trinity soul-
* Monochrome Factor - Female Student

* Asura Cryin' - Ritsu Shioizumi
* K-ON! - Mio Akiyama
* Tetsuwan Birdy: Decode 02 - Witch
* Toradora! - Female Student A
* Basquash! - Child B

OVA

* Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - Edge Citizen

Movies

* Keroro Gunso the Super Movie 3: Keroro vs. Keroro Great Sky Duel - Woman C

Games

* Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono - Female Gnome
* MegaZone 23: Part III - Mami Nakagawa

I don't know her works, but even Minaki Kotobuki (Mugi) has a couple of years as a seiyuu.
Old 2009-05-25, 10:01   Link #187
Midonin
Last Engage

I was first introduced to Minako Kotobuki last year, actually. She played Hijiri - Hyouka's girlfriend - in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki. A minor character, but at least I had a voice I could put a name to when she began getting several major roles this year.
Old 2009-05-25, 12:57   Link #188
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyourin View Post
and also sawa-chan should also do the lead voice sometimes ..

I just wonder how really good she is in singing
That probably won't work; Given the kind of stuff Sawako used to do, she would probably pull off some Angela Gossow stuff, scare Mio off the stage, and then the band will be without a bassist...And then musically they'll be like White Stripes, and that can't be good...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-05-25, 18:45   Link #189
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Quote:
that probably won't work; Given the kind of stuff Sawako used to do, she would probably pull off some Angela Gossow stuff, scare Mio off the stage, and then the band will be without a bassist...And then musically they'll be like White Stripes, and that can't be good...
that was hell so true.Sawako sensei is a wild type singer
Old 2009-05-25, 18:59   Link #190
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've added to my previous blog post about the characters and seiyuus in this show. Previously, there were pics and info for the four main seiyuus. Now I have added the seiyuus for Ui, Nodoka, Sawako-sensei, and Azusa. Only the seiyuu for Nodoka is making her debut, but some of the others haven't done much before this.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-25, 19:09   Link #191
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It should end up as a 13 episode set. Though I don't think they booked enough timeslots for it.

P.S I CLAIM AZUSA AS MINE!!!! SHE IS MY WAIFU!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
You're 14 year old wife? Can't claim her for that. I'm sporting the right forum attire anyway so she's my girl. xP
you could all have her ..

I have Mio anywayz XD !!
Old 2009-05-25, 19:46   Link #192
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Fran: Now, I don't know about you, but I use the term "rookie" as how the Seiyu Awards use them. In 2007, Fukuyama was nominated in the "Rookie" category. So, yeah. Heck, even Hirano Aya was nominated in that category in the same year.
Old 2009-05-25, 19:57   Link #193
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
@Fran: Now, I don't know about you, but I use the term "rookie" as how the Seiyu Awards use them. In 2007, Fukuyama was nominated in the "Rookie" category. So, yeah. Heck, even Hirano Aya was nominated in that category in the same year.
The Seiyuu Awards call anyone with less than five years in the business a "shinjin" ("new") seiyuu, as yezhanquan says. Not exactly a "rookie" as the term is used in North American sports, but a "new" seiyuu in Japanese terms.
Old 2009-05-25, 22:36   Link #194
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

You know, people here have been saying that Azusa's character is almost radically different from her character in the manga...

I have a thought that they're only making her quiet in the anime just to add some mystery to her until she gets formally introduced in the next episode; Dramatic effect, in shorter terms...So far, the only personal contact she's had with the club is when talking to Mio when she had her horse costume on handing out flyers and when she walked into the room to announce her inclusion into the club (Not to mention the physical contact with a Tackle Attack Ritsu)...

We otherwise don't know anything about her, short of her name and the class she's in...Unless you've been reading the manga, anime-only people don't know what kind of instrument she plays, the make and model of her instrument, what she likes to play, or even what she thinks of the club and it's members, as well as anything else about her personality...I think we'll get a familiar manga Azusa during her "breaking in" episode this weekend...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-05-25, 23:22   Link #195
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The Seiyuu Awards call anyone with less than five years in the business a "shinjin" ("new") seiyuu, as yezhanquan says. Not exactly a "rookie" as the term is used in North American sports, but a "new" seiyuu in Japanese terms.
Thanks for the explanation
Old 2009-05-26, 00:19   Link #196
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

lol

Who was the gracious soul to neg me leaving just: "You are the dumb one?" to my ONE reply in this thread?

I mean did my post even merit such a thing?

Man, the only forum I've ever been to where people just anonymously demean you for an opinion.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-26, 00:53   Link #197
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Angry uncool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
lol

Who was the gracious soul to neg me leaving just: "You are the dumb one?" to my ONE reply in this thread?

I mean did my post even merit such a thing?

Man, the only forum I've ever been to where people just anonymously demean you for an opinion.

No kidding. Its the single worst feature of Animesuki. All of the other forums I am a member of make you accountable for your rep, leaving your name and making it an offense to neg rep people over and over for no good reason. Some people think that neg hit and run is fun and will brand you a troll for stating an opinion, then neg rep you and fade into the background without even manning up (or womaning up?) enough to own their action...

Sorry to see you've gotten dinged. I've had that happen to me too. I can't say I agree with everything you've posted about K-on, but I value your input because it seems well reasoned and not pure snipe. Plus I've agreed with your comments on other shows. You don't deserve neg rep over an opinion. Expecting more from a show isn't a crime, nor should it be. Quality is everything when story is king!... of course pure moe is fun too.
Old 2009-05-26, 01:16   Link #198
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
All this "Girl A is MAI WAIFU" is pissing me off!
Just keep everything by yourselves and don't post it here!
DO NOT WANT

It's almost like IRL phail leaking into the internets...
Old 2009-05-26, 01:16   Link #199
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
you can't expect to make all people happy

rep points just reflected that ^w^
Old 2009-05-26, 04:27   Link #200
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

And someone gaved me a neg rep but no point deduction. Well, as if I care, looks like he got offended.

And it's also my first time giving a neg rep, just now.

Last edited by Kana Futayo; 2009-05-26 at 04:52.
Closed Thread