AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-30, 11:46   Link #201
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
..Though to be honest, I think that the fellow Koyasu was calling Grandfather (or was it uncle..? I should probably watch the subs..) was someone other than Lise's father. He looks a little too old, I think..
That's the way it seems to me, the Grandfather looks to have a lot more wrinkles (just look at the skin around his eyes) than Lise's father - come to think of it he might Lise's grandfather but I doubt it. And why would Lise's father ask Kate about the diary if he is that man? He should be aware that it was with her when she and the rest died. If he hasn't taken it, wouldn't he be smart enough to realise that Kate couldn't have possibly taken it since she was dead for a time. It should be either with Lula and her men or in possession of the evil blond guy.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 14:34   Link #202
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh
..Though to be honest, I think that the fellow Koyasu was calling Grandfather (or was it uncle..? I should probably watch the subs..) was someone other than Lise's father. He looks a little too old, I think.. Of course, I could always be wrong, but that's the fun of it, right..?
It's funny. I thought, seriously, for a moment, that Koyasu was saying "oujisama"--"prince". (I must admit I'm prone to Utena flashbacks--"Touga-sama~"--so...) The subs say "grandfather", but it sounds to me as if he's saying "ojisama" ("uncle" or "old man") & not "ojiisama" ("grandfather").

& I don't think that that's Lise's father, either. Notice the differences in the shapes of their noses, their jawlines, their hair. The old man's cheeks are more sunken. You can't see it in the screencap I posted earlier, but his chin is much pointier than Robert Meyer's, as well. I'm going to assume that he's Herve's uncle.

私未来過去現在。私未来過去現在。*
アイスル未来(過去現在)

*see Revolutionary Girl Utena, episode 26.

P.S.
The fact that Lula & JC were able to simply enter the mansion & take the girls leads me to believe that they were supposed to be there, that perhaps they are working w/ Herve. He may have had those men kill the girls so that Lula could bring them back to life. Maybe he had second thoughts about Lise, though. His silhouette in the OP gives me the impression that he's a "good guy". But I don't know.

Also, I just noticed that it's raining inside the mansion after the girls die.

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-10-30 at 14:55.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 15:08   Link #203
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai View Post
Also, I just noticed that it's raining inside the mansion after the girls die.
Actually I thought that could be a simple fire-alarm triggered on.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 16:07   Link #204
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The fact that Lula & JC were able to simply enter the mansion & take the girls leads me to believe that they were supposed to be there, that perhaps they are working w/ Herve. He may have had those men kill the girls so that Lula could bring them back to life. Maybe he had second thoughts about Lise, though
If he had second thoughts why didn't he just demand her body from Lula, instead of sending men to stop the car carrying Lise and take it? The men he sent seem to have signs madness in their eyes while Lula's subordinates seem more normal. I don't think they are working together. Those scary dogs in the mansion didn't seem that happy when Lula's party intruded in order to retrieve the bodies, they are shown to be on the run ready to attack the intruders.
I notice something like a pentagram in the mansion and all the red colouring in the flashbakc portrays the mansion as some hellish place. I wonder whether Herve (when was his name mentioned?) is a satanist? Maybe Lula and her men are the forces of God fighting against the minions of Satan and God has granted her power to revive people? Of course, she doesn't seem very loving and caring but maybe God's followers in this anime believe that the ends justify the means

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 19:12   Link #205
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Actually I thought that could be a simple fire-alarm triggered on.
But I thought sprinklers didnt come on unless smoke was involved. I cant see a place where only pulling the fire alarm would trigger the sprinklers to go off since that could cause water damage if it went off by mistake
Old 2006-10-30, 19:20   Link #206
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Maybe the rain is just a symbolic thing.
When Lula came to take their bodies away, it wasn't raining and the girls' clothes didn't seem wet.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:34   Link #207
kauldron26
Med Student

do we know how many eps this is supposed to be??
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 02:17   Link #208
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
But I thought sprinklers didnt come on unless smoke was involved. I cant see a place where only pulling the fire alarm would trigger the sprinklers to go off since that could cause water damage if it went off by mistake
Well we don't know that. I mean, we've only seen small bits of the girls' flashbacks when they got killed, and that's it...
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 03:08   Link #209
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I must say that ep 3 was very disturbing and sad. The girls now know the truth and they know its not a lie since they all remember it. Even though i find it hard to beleive that not even one of them could get away. Im confused about Lise situation. the old lady said her and her comrads were able to get there in time to get the 4 but couldnt get Lise. Does this mean they took Lise somewhere else and killed her> i thought she was already dead in the bathtub and if thats the case would they have used a borrowed life to bring Lise back as well or is there something special about this 4?
No you got it all wrong. They did get Lise, too. But, Lise was recaptured(see episode 1, when the monsters where attacking a car. It was Lise.)
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 11:31   Link #210
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Well we don't know that. I mean, we've only seen small bits of the girls' flashbacks when they got killed, and that's it...
But they were nice and dry when they were in the cars going home, including Lise.
Old 2006-11-01, 00:22   Link #211
mintyfresh
Altoid

On episode 5..
Spoiler:
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 00:28   Link #212
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
On episode 5..
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 01:00   Link #213
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Episode 5:
Well, although there are not much happening in this episode, I still like it a lot. It keeps its strong points by portraying realistic emotions and having excellent seiyuu performance. At some point of the episode, I feel like crying for the girls. It's just so emotional, like when
Spoiler:

Kate may not be as stable and balance as she seemed. I think she's bottling up her emotions, because they didn't show what she's really feeling yet. Maybe she will breakdown later on.

In the preview, it seems
Spoiler:

I didn't notice they add in a few scenes into the ending sequence. Thanks for mentioning that. It's funny to see Paula and Jessica dancing.

One more comment: The BGM rocks!

Last edited by DoReMiFaSo; 2006-11-01 at 01:31.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:41   Link #214
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

I hope the characters will do a bit less shaking and trembling (including facial) in the future. For some reason it bothered me more than before in ep 5. I don't have a problem with it conceptually, but the way it's done visually can get annoying, and I wouldn't want it to become a "feature" like with Fantastic Children.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 16:39   Link #215
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The drama part is the best. I like Claire and Kate the best so far. At least, these 2 are trying to find something out.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-02, 07:14   Link #216
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Haha... I was watching ep 4, and that part where Rose and Kate talk about the mean soup shop owner with the one year punishment... was anyone else reminded of Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi?

Iirc, Mr. Soup Nazi is a ref to Soup Kitchen International... was that in Manhattan? I forgot. @.@;
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 09:12   Link #217
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post
Haha... I was watching ep 4, and that part where Rose and Kate talk about the mean soup shop owner with the one year punishment... was anyone else reminded of Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi?

Iirc, Mr. Soup Nazi is a ref to Soup Kitchen International... was that in Manhattan? I forgot. @.@;
Yes, I thought so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
And unless I misunderstood the reference, Rose seems to be a Soup Nazi customer
Old 2006-11-02, 15:13   Link #218
AisuruMirai
箱者

I entered ANN's pumpkin carving contest again this year. B/c the announcement for the contest hadn't been made at last year's time, I emailed to ask if they'd hold it this year & was told no. But they did it anyway & I found out late & only had time to do this one entry:

It took about 11 hours altogether. The bad thing is that the prizes (Trinity Blood 1 + box & Tsukiyomi Moon Phase 1 + box) are nothing compared to last year's (more than $700 in DVDs, someone estimated). I almost wanted to hold on to the photo & enter it in next year's so I can get something good. Of course, I shouldn't be assuming that I'm going to win anything...

Hope you like it.
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 14:06   Link #219
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

AisuruMirai: Wow, that look so cool. When will you know if you'll win or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
I hope the characters will do a bit less shaking and trembling (including facial) in the future. For some reason it bothered me more than before in ep 5. I don't have a problem with it conceptually, but the way it's done visually can get annoying, and I wouldn't want it to become a "feature" like with Fantastic Children.
Do you mean the shaking scenes with Rachel? I thought that was the first time they used it. Did they use it in previous episodes as well?
Old 2006-11-03, 14:14   Link #220
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Do you mean the shaking scenes with Rachel? I thought that was the first time they used it. Did they use it in previous episodes as well?
Yes, but IIRC it wasn't just her.

If this was the first time that would explain why I had no problem with it previously I don't rememeber if they used it before or not. In any case I'll rather take more singing than more shaking (of this kind)

Tags
drama, supernatural