AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2007-02-09, 11:44   Link #81
sdgundam

Episode 19
Nayuki:Nope.You only get one hint.
Yuichi:Bonus Chance!
Nayuki:There's no such thing.
Yuichi:Special Chance!
Nayuki:What's that?
Yuichi:Attack Chance!
Nayuki:I have no idea what you're talking about.
sdgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 19:39   Link #82
New/Old
Old to the New

Ayu: I'm the same age as Yuuichi-kun and Kitagawa-kun.
Kitagawa: (shocked screech)

Heh heh. Kitagawa's reaction was priceless... At least to me. Heh heh.
Old 2007-02-09, 23:31   Link #83
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

"So, I've made a habit of giving hairbands to girls? "

I lol'd. Nothing beats a story pointing out its own conventions.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 15:47   Link #84
ChrisCaboose
Blade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
I actually made that a ringtone on my cell phone. Classic.

One of my favorites? Mai uttering such classic phrases (fed to her by Yuuichi as
a way of making her more appealing) as:

"Hachimitsu Kuma-san" and "Panpoko Tanuki-san".

(effectively in english, "Honey Bear" and "Raccoon Dog")...

Which, ironically, my cats have now been nicknamed.
Can I have a link to that ringtone?

There are too many good quotes so I'll just use everyone elses.
ChrisCaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 16:26   Link #85
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 19 ~

yuuichi ~ "dont drown"
nayuki ~ "yes ill be careful..."

*nayuki walks in*

akiko ~ "whats wrong nayuki?"
nayuki ~ "i drowned"

(something about that just hits my funny bone XD)

edit: yea who is she? heh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-02-10 at 16:41. Reason: ~ akiko!
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 16:39   Link #86
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ who is Ayako ?
Old 2007-02-10, 18:02   Link #87
ChrisCaboose
Blade Master

Ayako is the name of a character from some anime and also the name of a sub group.
ChrisCaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 10:28   Link #88
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
One of those favorites has to be in episode 13 for me...
~During Yuuichi's self-training time, with a bucket and a fire extinguisher tossed at him by Mai~
Yuuichi: What was that for?!
Mai: Doggy...Woof...

and

Mai: Boar-san....Mooo
Yuuichi: That's a cow!
Mai: You're hopeless.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 11:41   Link #89
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
mine would be
uguuuu~ and auuuuu~
Old 2007-02-13, 14:08   Link #90
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgundam View Post
Episode 19
Nayuki:Nope.You only get one hint.
Yuichi:Bonus Chance!
Nayuki:There's no such thing.
Yuichi:Special Chance!
Nayuki:What's that?
Yuichi:Attack Chance!
Nayuki:I have no idea what you're talking about.
I love the jovial way he says it too.....Nayuki's tone suggests "I'm glad
he hasn't made overtures to me - I'd have to put up with his weird crap
24/7..."
Old 2007-02-16, 17:12   Link #91
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

epi 20
"Dont go following a stranger even if youre given taiyaki"

Wise words from Yuuichi XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 15:23   Link #92
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Episode 6

Yuuichi and Ayu in the cinema*
Movie voice: Punishment!
Ayu: Uguu.
-Another scene-
Ayu: Uguuuu~
-Another scene-
Ayu: Uguu!
Yuuichi: So there are variations of "Uguu~".
Ayu: Uguu...

Episode 14
Yuuichi: Hey, what's gotten into you?
Mai: I love Sayuri. I love her,so...

---------------------
I loved Yukari Tamura's performance here! *.*
Mai: Again... I'm the only one that's unharmed again. I cause everyone around me pain, and yet, I alone am unhurt!
----------------------
Episode 15
Spoiler:

----------------------------
Episode 20
Yuuichi: Now give a try with "atashi".
Ayu: Forget it. I'll stick with "boku".
Yuuichi: You might be fine now, but you may face problems in the future. For example, at an interview when you're applying for a job.
Yuuichi: *imitates Ayu* "Uguu~ Boku Ayu." Say that and you'll be cut instantly.
Guys from the scene: *drag Ayu*

I cracked up with that part XD
Fukiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 19:10   Link #93
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Out of all the great quotes, for some reason I can choose nothing but Sayuri's "Pikyuu!!" in episode 13.

Strangely, it was then that she went from "enjoyable character" to "why didn't she get her own arc?!" in my book.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 19:27   Link #94
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

"Ore, Tsukimiya Ayu!"
The face combined with the obvious hilarity made for a homerun in comedy. A shame that obviously won't be funny when (yes, when; I refuse to accept that this will never be licensed) it gets dubbed
Old 2007-02-17, 23:14   Link #95
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
"Ore, Tsukimiya Ayu!"
The face combined with the obvious hilarity made for a homerun in comedy. A shame that obviously won't be funny when (yes, when; I refuse to accept that this will never be licensed) it gets dubbed
Unfortunally, Air never got licensed, which is a good indication that Kanon won't be either. I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

But, yes, that was the most comedic moment in Kanon so far for me. Just hearing her say "Ore" had me laughing out loud.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 23:39   Link #96
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Unfortunally, Air hasn't been licensed yet, which is a good indication that Kanon won't be for a while, either.
Fixed it for a
Old 2007-02-18, 01:16   Link #97
Littlewashu5

Who controls the license for Air TV/Kanon 2006?

If Key controls the licensing for the TV adaptations of their shows, than there is very little chance that we will see Air TV/Kanon 2006 released outside of Japan

If some other company controls the licensing than chances of seeing Air or Kannon getting an R1 release increase drastically. If you really think about it, Air TV isn't THAT old. We haven't even reached the two year anniversary of the end of it's original TV run. And Air in Summer wasn't even released till fall of 2005. Also one has to consider Air TV was probably (and might still be) a costly license for an American distributor, (the Japanese license holders for reasons unknown to us Gaijin like to gauge how well a series will do outside Japan by it's popularity IN Japan at the peak of it's initial run. Given how popular Air TV was in Japan vs how well it would do in America, one can imagine how it wouldn't be a very sound investment for a potential R1 distributor). Plus there have been plenty of older and less expected licenses over the years. A great recent example would be Rozen Maiden. The original series predates Air TV and would probably be a lot harder to market to a more mainstream audience than Air.

Needless to say, the "Kanon 2006 won't get licensed because Air TV wasn't licensed" argument doesn't hold as much water as one might expect. I've been an Anime fan for over a decade, and have seen plenty of series that people claimed would never get licensed, get licensed. Granted, some of the more obscure series have fallen through the cracks, but I can't remember any instance in my thirteen years of Otakudom where obvious fan favorite such as Air TV and Kanon 2006 remained on one side of the Pacific forever

I think the best chance Air and Kanon have of being released outside of Japan is through Kadokawa. They seem like they have pretty good relations with KyoAni, holding the R1 licenses for FMP: TSR and SHnY, and all. Plus having Kadokawa distributing these series in the US would "cut out the middle man", (the middle man being a US license holder) and would probably make a US release of Air or Kanon much more economically viable. Plus if Key/Visual Arts does in fact control the licensing for Air TV and Kanon 2006, Kadokawa would probably have a better chance of selling them on the idea of a R1 release for these series than an American-based company like ADV or Funimation
Littlewashu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 01:26   Link #98
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlewashu5 View Post
Who controls the license for Air TV/Kanon 2006?

If Key controls the licensing for the TV adaptations of their shows, than there is very little chance that we will see Air TV/Kanon 2006 released outside of Japan

If some other company controls the licensing than chances of seeing Air or Kannon getting an R1 release increase drastically. If you really think about it, Air TV isn't THAT old. We haven't even reached the two year anniversary of the end of it's original TV run. And Air in Summer wasn't even released till fall of 2005. Also one has to consider Air TV was probably (and might still be) a costly license for an American distributor, (the Japanese license holders for reasons unknown to us Gaijin like to gauge how well a series will do outside Japan by it's popularity IN Japan at the peak of it's initial run. Given how popular Air TV was in Japan vs how well it would do in America, one can imagine how it wouldn't be a very sound investment for a potential R1 distributor). Plus there have been plenty of older and less expected licenses over the years. A great recent example would be Rozen Maiden. The original series predates Air TV and would probably be a lot harder to market to a more mainstream audience than Air.

Needless to say, the "Kanon 2006 won't get licensed because Air TV wasn't licensed" argument doesn't hold as much water as one might expect. I've been an Anime fan for over a decade, and have seen plenty of series that people claimed would never get licensed, get licensed. Granted, some of the more obscure series have fallen through the cracks, but I can't remember any instance in my thirteen years of Otakudom where obvious fan favorite such as Air TV and Kanon 2006 remained on one side of the Pacific forever

I think the best chance Air and Kanon have of being released outside of Japan is through Kadokawa. They seem like they have pretty good relations with KyoAni, holding the R1 licenses for FMP: TSR and SHnY, and all. Plus having Kadokawa distributing these series in the US would "cut out the middle man", (the middle man being a US license holder) and would probably make a US release of Air or Kanon much more economically viable. Plus if Key/Visual Arts does in fact control the licensing for Air TV and Kanon 2006, Kadokawa would probably have a better chance of selling them on the idea of a R1 release for these series than an American-based company like ADV or Funimation

I got you beat by 10 years. Not all great shows make it to the U.S. my friend.
Old 2007-02-18, 03:10   Link #99
Littlewashu5

I think Kanon and Air will make it to US shores sooner or later. Both series have far too much clout and name recognition in American Otaku circles to be completely ignored by potential licensors

If neither series ever makes it across the pond, it will be because someone on the Japanese end actively prevented it from being released in the US (and there's been some suggestion that Key/Visual Arts has tried to do just that)
Littlewashu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 05:16   Link #100
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlewashu5 View Post
I think Kanon and Air will make it to US shores sooner or later. Both series have far too much clout and name recognition in American Otaku circles to be completely ignored by potential licensors

If neither series ever makes it across the pond, it will be because someone on the Japanese end actively prevented it from being released in the US (and there's been some suggestion that Key/Visual Arts has tried to do just that)
That's exactly what is being said. They want bucko royalty and see no reason to have their works make it over to U.S. side. It's a shame really.

Then again, the dubbing might turn out horrible and I wouldn't end up buying it because of that. (at least the dub version)