AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 26 23.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 19.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 24.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 16.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 5.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.70%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-19, 19:11   Link #161
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Deleted 17 posts of derail. I recommend fans of the show just leave Reckoner's opinion alone and move on, since having a discussion (read: argument) about it clearly isn't going to change a damn thing.
Old 2010-10-19, 19:37   Link #162
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
agreed the first part of season 1 seemed a bit all over to me. So far a lot of explanations have been very easy to follow without giving too much away. The introduction of new characters and reintroduction of old characters was handled quite well. When you start throwing multiple factions into a series you need a point of sight that the audience can follow to tell them apart.
Exactly. I think it has a more improved flow so far. In the first part of season 1, you were pretty much overwhelmed with information, and that's hard to follow if you're new to the franchise (which I was at the time). So far season 2 seems to be a lot more enjoyable for me. In season 1, I liked all of the characters and I thought the setting was pretty cool, but parts of season 1 just confused the hell out of me to the point that I had to rewatch episodes. It's too early to tell, but the storytelling in season 2 seems a lot more concise, which I'm loving.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 22:32   Link #163
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I agree that Season 2 is going quite nicely with the progress, but the factions that they talk about still confuse me well I'll probably understand more of what their saying later on.
Old 2010-10-19, 23:13   Link #164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I agree that Season 2 is going quite nicely with the progress, but the factions that they talk about still confuse me well I'll probably understand more of what their saying later on.
Rome Catholic Church - The largest religious entity in the world, with over 2 billion followers/supporters/believers. Which means they have the most powerful magic organizations and weapons at their disposal. After the events of Volume 2 last season, the Church had lost one of their greatest weapon- The [Gregorian Chant]. It is believe that they intend to use the power of the [Book of the Law] to make up for that loss.

English Anglican Church - The main church that Necessarius belongs to, and is one of the largest Christian organizations around. They are also one of the three major Political parties governing Britain- the other two being the Knights and the Royal Family. They don't really care about the Book of the Law, but because Kanzaki Kaori might be involve in this, they want to stop her from implicating them.

Amakusa Catholics - A small, if not tiny group of Japanese Catholics that uses a mix of Christian and Buddhist magic style. Their original leader was the Saint Kanzaki Kaori, but left them to join Necessarius. It's believe that they kidnapped Orsula and the [Book of the Law] to increase the power of their organization.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:18   Link #165
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Cookies to you Chaos2Frozen thank you very much for clearing them up!
Old 2010-10-19, 23:33   Link #166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Cookies to you Chaos2Frozen thank you very much for clearing them up!
No problem, the novel does go into painful details about all this, but because for the anime story sake, they broke it down to the bare bones-

Situations
1. RCC has the book of the law (read; very powerful grimoire) and someone who can translate it.
2. Amakusa stole them both.
3. Kaori has gone missing.

Responses
1. RCC send a force of 250 battle nuns to reclaim both.
2. Necessarius send Stiyl and Index to help, and to get Kaori back.
3. Touma gets dragged along because he's Index's Guardian.
Old 2010-10-20, 00:08   Link #167
Flere821
Lurker

^ and to add to that, the Knights Kaori defeated back in Episode 1 are backup sent from England to try and solve the current situation.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 00:17   Link #168
tsunade666

edited but still
Spoiler:

that would probably revealed this upcoming friday, episode 03.

edited.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-20 at 00:46.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 00:35   Link #169
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Those Knights were from Britain, not the RCC, Hence why Kaori could beat the crap out of them without causing an international incident.
Old 2010-10-20, 00:41   Link #170
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
flere that's a spoiler.
Spoiler:

that would probably revealed this upcoming friday, episode 03.
Tsuchimikado stated those Knights are from England didn't he?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 00:46   Link #171
tsunade666

did he?

rewatching............

now tsuchimikado did said it.

And Kaori ask on who would benefit on it. And up till now I didn't understand it much on who's order is Tsuchimikado moving on that time.
Old 2010-10-20, 01:24   Link #172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

And Kaori ask on who would benefit on it. And up till now I didn't understand it much on who's order is Tsuchimikado moving on that time.
It's meant to be ambiguous.

Or maybe it's his round about way of saying, "I'm doing this for myself."
Old 2010-10-20, 14:16   Link #173
Qikz

Just Marathoned the entire first season and then episode one and two of this.

Episode 2 was awesome, not as good as some of the episodes of season 1 and It was a bit confusing, still awesome. I would say it's awesome to have it back, but I only just finished watching season 1. Ah well, now to Marathon Railgun while waiting for episode 3. <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 21:28   Link #174
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Just Marathoned the entire first season and then episode one and two of this.

Episode 2 was awesome, not as good as some of the episodes of season 1 and It was a bit confusing, still awesome. I would say it's awesome to have it back, but I only just finished watching season 1. Ah well, now to Marathon Railgun while waiting for episode 3. <3
Welcome to the world of Index Glad to have you here.

I will agree that the world of Index can get very confusing at times. If you ever need extra clarification on what something is, you can generally just ask and there will be someone willing to answer.

Of course there's two good websites you can always use:
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com..._no_Index_Wiki
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...jutsu_no_Index

Be warned, the first website has spoilers, and the second one will give you an unsatisfiable urge to read more.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:51   Link #175
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Just... ugh...

Why is that nun wearing a mini-skirt while also wearing a habit? And the fanservice is way over the top. Nuns Are Mikos strikes again.

The only reason this hasn't made me drop the show is because the earlier season has me thinking there should be something better in the future episodes and that (cross my fingers) this is a one off fanservice episode.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote