AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-01-22, 06:50   Link #1
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Media Player classic, Extreamly Painfull when used to watch from a DVD.Help please

I am not sure if this issue has been brought up or not but i couldnt find anything in the forums. Ok here is where my problem starts. when i try watching an anime with MPC, i have no problem when its on my Hard drive. but when i put it in a DVD and then try to use the MPC to watch it , its extreamly painfull. Its ok if i just watch it, but whenever i want to move the time thing ( for instance from the some minute to another minute of the show) it takes like about 20 sec to load. Or when i want to read back a subtitle and try to go back, i have the same problem. Its really anoying. I dont have that problem when the file is in the Hard drive though
Also the DVD or the files arent corrupted, because VLC plays the same DVD fine, when MPC doesnt. I could try to use VLC but i have a problem with VLC too. When i pause in VLC, the problem is subtitles disapear after 2 sec. MPC and any other players i know dont do that and when i pause the subtitles stay.

These were my problems , I would appreciate if any one could help with any of these problems.

1) First, is there a way for MPC stop being so laggy and painfull when trying to watch from a DVD?. ( is there any thing i can do in the filter section or any where else?)

2) or doesn any one know how to make VLC, so that Subtitles dont disapear after i pause. I pause and only subtitles stay for 2 sec or so and disapear. can i make VLC to not do that?.

Thanks alot in advance from any ones help.
Old 2006-01-22, 16:50   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

This is a hardware issue. CD devices are much slower than hard drives, which is why you experience delays when seeking in the video: the hard drive can find your seeking area much faster, but your optical drive requires more time to find it. If you really wanted, I suppose you could try to get a drive that markets itself based on speed.

As for why the problem is more apparent in MPC than in VLC, I presume it's in the way that the program handles control to the drive, but I'm not positive. I don't know if there's a way to fix the subtitle issue in VLC.
Old 2006-01-22, 17:02   Link #3
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
If the video is still in data format (still in AVI, MKV, OGG containers) copy the files to your desktop and view it from there. That way you wont need a new DVD drive. And it solves your seeking issue.

Then delete when done.
Old 2006-01-22, 19:59   Link #4
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

what kind of drive should i get? a new CD or DVD or harddrive?. and thanks alot for your helps.
Old 2006-01-22, 21:04   Link #5
Kurz

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
I guess they arent in a normal data format. (did you try my solution?)

If you did here is some drives to buy if you need a faster

Getting a new DVD drive should solve your problems.

This one is a basic drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827131417

Is a DVD Burner.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Custra...82E16827106013
Old 2006-01-22, 23:00   Link #6
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

The solution you give me worked ^^, but i was wondering if i could do it in a way so i didnt have to recopy ( i guess u can call me lazy ) . Thanks alot for the help.

By any chance would you know a way about the VLC problem. If the subtitles would stay instead of disapearing, i dont think i could find any other faults in VLC.
Old 2006-01-23, 01:08   Link #7
Kurz

Hmm... VLC has always had a problem with Softsubs mostly because of its internal codecs and splitters or at least their default settings.

Thats why I always recommend uninstalling previous codecs and installing CCCP and using MPC that comes with it and using that to playback videos. www.cccp-project.com

You can keep VLC since it doesnt interfere with DirectShow. However I never really liked VLC because of these little problems...

Though I hope someone soon will be able to help you with the disappearing subs. Frankly I aint too experienced with the later verisons with VLC. Sorry I wish i could help out more than I have.
Old 2006-01-23, 19:38   Link #8
ZGMF-X10A Freedom

Just as Kurz says, copy them to your desktop if you can. I don't need to though as my drive is fast enough, and there is no lag, so it shows that you just need a faster drive.
Old 2006-01-23, 20:47   Link #9
kitsura
King of Brave

I though you were talking about DVD video itself and not data files burned onto a DVD media. What format are your files in anyway?
Old 2006-01-25, 19:08   Link #10
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A Freedom
Just as Kurz says, copy them to your desktop if you can. I don't need to though as my drive is fast enough, and there is no lag, so it shows that you just need a faster drive.
Yeah thats probably true. The only media player that has this problem is MPC, I also use real player too. Real player almost never has any problem and its my favorite media player, but unfortunatly cant play all kind of files even with codecs. real player only plays Avi so its limited by has worked the best so far for me.