AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-21, 10:51   Link #141
Tormenk

Erm, no.

*calls down orbital bombardment from WarShips on Comart's position*

Unless Keroko says so.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 10:53   Link #142
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*sneaks in*

A little... Gift for Keroko, who never comes into the IRC, and is thus powerless to stop us doing this:

Spoiler for Tesla with Melon Pan?:

Tesla-chan likes melon bread, too?

*steals melon bread and is zapped with Blitzkugel*

Tesla: *blows smoke away from Gungnir* No one steals my melon bread and stays alive.

Quote:
Spoiler for Tesla Vision?:

*RUNS FASTER*
Ah, I'd be lying if I say this picture isn't made of WIN AND LOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You know when I read "melonpan" I actually thought "generous breasts". How much the reading of Jason's "Anime on my Mind" has twisted me.
You got me one there. The transliteration was hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Indeed for we are a cruel unforgiving lot that enjoys beating people with warhammers.
So says he who is the greatest Vita shipper.

*flees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
I'm posting my newest work (Asclei Rebuild isnt done yet). Well, here it is. BTW, I'll be explaining what the Arc is exactly later, I just had to make a background for this character first. Also, the information about this character MAY change later.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
This mini-ficlet is sounding more intense than an actual profile. Be waiting for the rest of the Arcs to be unveiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Well for the first few years after her revival, she's an adult stuck in an infant's body. Once she figures out how to walk and gets past her toddler years she needs a place to stay and recover her strength since the Kingswood family got nailed by the Wolks; they're all either dead or in prison. Collecting Jewel Seeds for Jail is just her way of "paying rent", so to speak. Also, she's bored. And a bored character who has elements of Kenpachi Zaraki's personality in her is a recipe for disaster.
Hmm, I can't say I can imagine very well a toddler possessing past memories as an adult, filled with carnage and mayhem and assassinations. In fact, I think it'd be quite traumatic, where you see blood as an infant.

And really, boredom makes such a flimsy excuse to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I tend to create a power, then keep hammering it untill I think it fits. The first versions of Ethereal Mode had Keroko being able to summon huge black dragons, for example.
Neltharion's dragonflight, eh?

HAXX!

Quote:
Hubba, hah, wha?

That... that...

That is bloody brilliant!

Tesla and Griffith, oh dear, black goth loli? Hmm.....

*saves*
I think Lowe's going to say ...

"Keikaku Doori ..."

Quote:
The problem with simply making Iris a normal kid who was raised in The Spartan Way is that she needs to have some pretty damn good skills with multiple kinds of swords, similar to Archer's fighting style, and something that takes a lot longer to learn than magic and has to be learned from scratch; "natural talent" with a blade doesn't go nearly as far as natural talent with magic. The only way around this that I could see would be to add the "inherit skills" feature of Archer's tracing magic into Iris's steel magic, something I'm really leery on because I have no idea how I'd explain it in-series; the best I could do would be to tear the explanation straight from Wikipedia.
Actually, what makes Tracing inseparable from being a genius with swords? A natural talent with swords is quite moot, seeing as how some people are talented in strategizing and ranged attacks.

Quote:
Iris is born into a minor branch of the Kingswood family and is identified as having an enormous amount of natural talent as well as a Rare Skill that lets her create and control masses of metal and metallic objects. She is placed into intensive training almost as soon as she can walk, in preparation for a lifetime of service to the main family.
Ah, seems like you're back to using the "Metal" element you thought of, and it looks like it evolved into magnetism. One immediate toning down effect that you'd probably need to consider is that this skill can only affect macroobjects and not microobjects. No blood pulling, enzyme denaturation, and stuff like that. Else, we'll have to give you a big hammer. Well, there's also the Device disabling effect, but we'll wait and see.

======

Just a small note to everyone, my Backlog Breaker posts have been moved to the front page of this thread, thanks to Skyfall's help. I know it's a bit of a pain to manually quote and copy-paste the text, so it should be more convenient now, though if you don't want to reply or comment on anything, that's still fine.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:27   Link #143
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Indeed for we are a cruel unforgiving lot that enjoys beating people with warhammers.
Warhammers?

I've got something slightly better

*Whips out a Thunder Hammer* WHO WANTS SOME!!!

Quote:
Hubba, hah, wha?

That... that...

*saves*
I see that the image has taken you by storm eh? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Erm, no.

Unless Keroko says so.
lol Personally, I say pure Syn/Vivio ftw!
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:35   Link #144
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Ah, seems like you're back to using the "Metal" element you thought of, and it looks like it evolved into magnetism.
How so?

Iris's abilities revolve around the creation of a special form of liquid metal. Much in the same way that Signum and Fate have mana conversion abilities for fire and lightning, Iris's Rare Skill allows her to convert mana into a solid mass of magically-enhanced metal which she uses as her primary weapon. With her focus on swordsmanship, it's natural that she would place a certain amount of emphasis on creating swords and the like, but she also uses any metal she creates to erect shields, launch explosive attacks, enhance the strength of her armor and weapons, sprout metallic tentacles/wings/limbs from her body, and all kinds of other cool stuff. Magnetism doesn't really have a place in that lineup. Her ability to control sources of metal that she didn't create herself is quite limited, unless there's something in the Affinity data that says Fate and Signum can convert natural fire/lightning into mana, and not just the other way around....

Oh, and Unlimited Blade Works exists somewhere in her distant future. This is a plot-related event connected to Iris finding the purpose of her existence, namely acting as Vivio's sword and shield, and deciphering the proper incantation to manifest her spirit on the physical plane as a reality marble. This wouldn't take place until late in at least the first story arc.

Quote:
No blood pulling, enzyme denaturation, and stuff like that.
Hadn't even considered it.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:49   Link #145
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
How so?

Iris's abilities revolve around the creation of a special form of liquid metal. Much in the same way that Signum and Fate have mana conversion abilities for fire and lightning, Iris's Rare Skill allows her to convert mana into a solid mass of magically-enhanced metal which she uses as her primary weapon. With her focus on swordsmanship, it's natural that she would place a certain amount of emphasis on creating swords and the like, but she also uses any metal she creates to erect shields, launch explosive attacks, enhance the strength of her armor and weapons, sprout metallic tentacles/wings/limbs from her body, and all kinds of other cool stuff. Magnetism doesn't really have a place in that lineup. Her ability to control sources of metal that she didn't create herself is quite limited, unless there's something in the Affinity data that says Fate and Signum can convert natural fire/lightning into mana, and not just the other way around....

Oh, and Unlimited Blade Works exists somewhere in her distant future. This is a plot-related event connected to Iris finding the purpose of her existence, namely acting as Vivio's sword and shield, and deciphering the proper incantation to manifest her spirit on the physical plane as a reality marble. This wouldn't take place until late in at least the first story arc.

Hadn't even considered it.
My bad, then . When I read controlling "masses of metals and metallic objects", magnetism simply popped into mind.

Right, liquid metal. I don't think it's impossible for natural lightning/fire to be converted to mana. Recall the food being transformed to mana from the DVD booklet of the mage's diet? Using the same theory, it works both ways. The only reason it's not made canon is that, Fate and Signum are not totally immune to those physical energies, so they can still get zapped or burned to charcoal from exposure. Perhaps they're resistant, but definitely not immune.

Liquid metal, though, would be even tougher. I can't imagine Iris munching on metal pipes and drinking mercury and still be safe.
Old 2008-05-21, 11:52   Link #146
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Nah, closest she'd get would be using a senbon needle as a toothpick.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-21, 11:55   Link #147
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
This reincarnation was just what this thread needed to get more lively, it seems. This looks a tad more like the days of old.
A bit. Needs more crack

Quote:
*sneaks in*

A little... Gift for Keroko, who never comes into the IRC, and is thus powerless to stop us doing this:

And...

*RUNS FASTER*

*trips Lowe*

*punts Lowe to work on the OTHER things*

Quote:
You know when I read "melonpan" I actually thought "generous breasts". How much the reading of Jason's "Anime on my Mind" has twisted me.
*facepalms*

Quote:
Nanoha: That's a good idea! I almost forgot!

Tester: Nooooooo!
And that is why the testing partners for one Nanoha Takamachi is done by lottery.

Quote:
Hubba, hah, wha?

That... that...

*saves*
Lowe! Look what you've gone and done now!!

Good job ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Warhammers?

I've got something slightly better

*Whips out a Thunder Hammer* WHO WANTS SOME!!!
*pulls out the Lance of Longinus*

Can I join in?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:56   Link #148
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

...Vivio harem eh?

Nighty wonders if he should add a...he...or...her... or....[gender unknown] inside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
[Cadian Tutorials Construction: 5%]

The Cadian Rule: Visualize your Nanoha Vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
*scratches head*
We need to get Flame... or someone draw us a picture of as many OCs as possible, and get it colored.

I wish there was a good image overview of Mid-childa City or something. Then we can shop some shadows overlooking. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Hey!!

Has everyone assumed that I'm dead?

Like that's ever stopped me before!
Cadians, we never die even when we're dead. which is technically true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
so, in the spirit of the new thread, I present the most current

Rebuild of Turmoil

[/SPOILER]

While this is very similar to the most recent version posted, I've made a few things more overt and concrete in this version, and taken steps to ameliorate

certain otherwise overpowered aspects.

one obvious change is that David is now an explicit Rare Ability user, with a special skill linked into his background called Savant. In practical terms,

this reflects the fact that David has been using magic unconsciously and near constantly for a long time without realising, until it is pretty much reflexive

for him. Because of this, David's casting times are exceptionally fast; as mentioned, often the spell is fully cast before he's even thought of it fully.

Also because of this, David's spells are much less precise than a normal mage's, and can vary wildly dependent on his subconscious mental state.

Because he's not only an unclassified mage, but also a Rare Ability user, it makes his acceptance by and rise through the Bureau that much more likely, and

so sets the scene for him to be included in major story arcs (hint hint), without seeming out of place next to the much more (directly) powerful main

characters.

Another obvious change (or at least one that sets the Haxbuster alarm bells ringing) is the fact that he now has THREE, yes count 'em THREE Devices: Two

heavily altered Boost Devices and His armed device.
This obviously requires Justification. The story behind them is this:

The Boost Devices serve to manage and regulate specific areas of David's unpredictable Savant powered spells. Each is keyed to a specific area, and prevents

spells of that type getting out of hand due to subconscious mental issues or vagaries of unconscious spell forming. This is explained in their own profile

entries. Basically, they are used as a form of 'Smart' limiter that keeps things under control, but still allows his full power to be used when necessary.

The armed Device, then simply becomes the primary offensive implement.

The other part of it is that I wanted to produce a Black and a white device to add to the Grey one, and so emphasize the dichotomy of David's role: as a

Battlefield medic, He is expected to heal, but also to kill if needed, and so he is a kind of paradox. Hence we have the two coloured aspects, which reflect

these two roles, and then the grey which reflects his acceptance of such dichotomy.

I think I'm fairly happy with this as it stands...it's got some power behind it, but not too much as to upset the applecart, or dethrone aces and major

frontliners, but at the same time, he's there to fight with all he's got, and to pick up the pieces afterward if need be...

He may not be Awesome, but he's got your Back...

Or should that be (and for the original owner of this phrase too, for those that recognize it...)

That: He IS awesome BECAUSE he's got your back?

Mahou Shounen Medical David, Hajimarimas
LOL Never thought I'd see a Trauma Center reference here. So it's preetty much a modified Ascelepius, right?

Anyway, I rather like the implementation of the spells. There are some spells that look awkward if he's a combat medic, but it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Stuff up:

Time Space Administration Beaurau Experimental Systems Test Force
Lots of stuff... my eyes... hurt. @_@

Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of it, personally. The force placement does seem a little awkward at times.

Quote:

Alright, here's the latest headbanger for the haxxbusters to have fun with. If anybody looks at this and doesn't see a AAA-rank for whatever reason, try to

keep in mind that Xiro (pronounced "Zero", just so we're clear) is supposed to have gained his rank through an absurd level of skill in melee, not through

beamspam and overwhelming power.
Well, I see a relative AAA-rank. So I don't have any general problem there.

I've got to say, his generalized backstory does ignite... -_-; from me though. Well, love bites, but... lol.

I suppose you take the canon presumption of NF?

Quote:
The Blaster System, was Nanoha's own design! The Blaster System is part of Raising Heart, just as Excellion, Aggressor, and Exceed

are part of the system that is known as Raising Heart.

Another thing, it's Nanoha's JOB to test every single new weapons system that comes through her department.
... er, there's no 'utmost' proof of Blaster System being Nanoha's own design. Even if the funnels are an extention of it, it doesn't neccesarily mean that

the System itself was solely Nanoha's. Unless I'm missing something here.

Personally, I consider B.System to be a general 'forced over-boost' system that adapts itself to the device it's equipped with. If other mages use it, it

might have a different implementation of the weapon depending on the user. In Nanoha's case, it just amplified her output and control to the extent it can be

divided into funnels.

I had a plan that delwed into the story behind the creation of the 'general Blaster System', but whatever.

Quote:
I've been sort of absent, I know, but I recently managed to pick up a copy of Grandia.

Imagine me falling out of my bed in surprise when I saw my name come across the screen not even a few minutes into play.

Of course, that just begs for an OC-fication. :3
I love Grandia. It's my favourite of all 3. II was great, but if only for the love-story.

Quote:
Well, my main issue with this is that it is hinted that Nanoha tested the thing herself prior to the Cradle incident. Nanoha knew the

risks and what she could and could not handle, which suggests she handled it. Knowing her being in the SAFA, the logical conclusion is that she was part of

the team that designed it, or at least ingrained in the process (which becomes even more plausible knowing that the system was designed for Raising Heart

specifically, I imagine Nanoha would want to be as closely involved with this as possible).

Of course, that doesn't exclude Xiro working on the Blaster system, but not to the point where he worked on the prototype and recommended it to her

(why on earth would they go to a Belkan mage to test a prototype Mid weapon intended for a Mid SAFA mage? I'd think they'd go straight to the person the

thing is meant for). I would think that he would have worked on it along side her.
Err... was it ever stated that Blaster System was designed for RH in mind? My memory is hazy.

Either way, the biggest assumption here is WHAT is the Blaster System.

Quote:
Sugestive scenes are subject to interpretation. A relationship chart is not. Despair, ye NanoFaters, for Yuuno is still in the race! :3

Besides, you want subtext? I'll give you subtext!

Quote:
Work on your grammar and punctuation a bit. That's pretty much all I can find that's inherently wrong with this.

On a related note....

Guys, I have something that I really want to run by you involving Iris.... specifically her status as an S-rank mage.

*Dodges death glares, prog knives, and rotten fruit*

WAIT WAIT, HEAR ME OUT!

After some consideration of the situation with Iris and my still-forming picture of her, I realized that there's a very simple, very easy way to match

her up with Vivio as a romantic interest without setting off every squick alarm from here to 4chan, and that method is to make her a child of Project FATE.

The story goes like this: Iris grows up as a member of the Kingswood crime family (named for the Holden Kingswood, in keeping with the tradition of naming

Mid-Childan characters after cars), a high-ranking combat mage and skilled assassin. She's a AAA-rank mage at the age of 19 as of five months after A's, when

Nanoha and Fate begin to conduct an investigation of the Kingswood family and their connection to a mysterious arms dealer, namely good old Scaglietti, who's

supplying the Kingswood family with mass-based weaponry in exchange for funding for the creation of the Numbers.

Eventually Nanoha and Fate begin to zero in on Scaglietti's base of operations, and the Kingswood family responds by dispatching Iris to protect Scaglietti.

At the same time, however, Hayate and the Wolkenritter join the investigation, with Vita reinforcing Fate and Nanoha while Hayate, Signum, Shamal and Zafira

hit the Kingswood family compound.

Fate, Nanoha, and Vita arrive at Scag's base of operations and are met at the front door by Iris. Iris is an even match in power for each of her opponents,

but she has vastly more skill and experience, and successfully does battle with our heroines, stalling them long enough for several of Jail's Type-IV Gadgets

to get into ambush positions. The trap is sprung, Nanoha takes a near-fatal blow, and Fate goes ballistic, unleashing Riot Zamber and Sonic Drive for the

first time and annihilating both Iris and the Gadgets... but Jail has already packed up shop by the time the battle is over.

In the aftermath, one of Jail's Gadgets returns to the site and retrieves Iris's corpse, which is then revived using the techniques involved with Project

FATE. Jail plans to use Iris the same way he uses Lutecia, and for a while he does, using her to steal Jewel Seeds to power his Gadgets with. Eventually,

however, Iris gets too willful for Jail to control, and takes off in search of a more interesting line of work, and hopefully more powerful enemies to face.

Jail dryly makes a note to install some kind of control mechanism in the still-developing Lutecia. Eventually, Iris falls in with another crime family, who

use her as their top assassin until Vivio shows up a few years after StrikerS.

My justifications for the S-rank are as follows: first, Iris spent the majority of her first life in training to become the Kingswood family's chosen

enforcer/assassin, and it took her quite a number of years to reach AAA-rank, as opposed to Nanoha and Fate who basically started off like that. After her

resurrection, she continues her training out of habit, and by the time Vivio turns up on Arcadia, she's had between 7-10 extra years to achieve S-rank.

The advantages of putting her through Project FATE should be obvious from a 'shipper's point of view: with Iris essentially going through her childhood all

over again, she has room to be both very mature and very skilled while still being at a proper age to be Vivio's romantic interest; she'd be about 14-15

years old at the story's start, possibly a bit younger.

My reasons for making Iris into an S-rank are also related to the plot I have laid out. Fate holds Iris largely responsible for Nanoha's near-death

experience, and when Iris comes knocking with Vivio at the end of the first story arc, Fate's not going to be the least bit happy to see her again, creating

an incredible amount of tension between them (Never mind what Vita would have to say about it). This isn't helped in the slightest by the fact that

Iris would gladly fight with Fate again to "settle the score" save for Vivio's wishes, which she will by this time be following faithfully. The tension only

gets greater if Iris is an S-rank, because it suddenly becomes uncertain as to who would come out on top in such a battle.

Well, what do you guys think? I tried to think this out from every angle and I couldn't come up with any flaws in the idea save for the scrutiny S-ranks get

around here. If it's still not enough justification I could also just lower her rank or say that her growth has stagnated since her first death. I also think

I've done a rather bang-up job of smoothly integrating her into canon. But enough about what I think; what do you guys think?
Quote:
Timing is off. Nanoha's incident took place two years after A's while Hayate would still be recovering just five months after A's.

Never said but Fate wasn't likely to be with Nanoha during that particular operation. Even then, the gadgets were still an unknown to the Aces and the TSAB

then sans the Type-4.

Scag has the Brains for funding so it's more likely that he just sought out the family for the gadget parts. Besides, the Brains would want to keep their

prized Orphan close to keep an eye on him.

S-ranks are still okay with justifications and histories. It's the SS ranks or dubious/h4xx abilities that will ring the alarm bells. S-rank mage along the

lines of Zest and a B-rank mage with uber-abilities; pretty obvious which will raise eye-brows.

That's all for now. Will see if I missed anything out later.
What Tormenk said.

Personally, if the plot demands a degree of strength, it's better to reflect the moment of the time that strength is needed. If it's needed in general, then

a relative AAA should be enough depending on the situation. You can always give her a lame Rare Skill that would work against one enemy, and nothing else.

Besides, if it's Fate we're talking about, the whole PROJECT F DRAMA would essentially render her... emotionally open.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:56   Link #149
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
*pulls out the Lance of Longinus*

Can I join in?
*Pulls out one of Iris's swords, a gunblade/chainsword hybrid*

Hey, don't leave me out of the fun!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:08   Link #150
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:

Do you even know why weapons are being drawn? Or what we're talking about?
Old 2008-05-21, 12:25   Link #151
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
I'm just a little timid. So I rather work upwards than downwards. For the record, I've never had problems with haxxbusters before. Though fact is, I get the feeling I'm under the radar or something. My OCs don't really get commented on a lot. But then again, they have very little exposure so... *shakes head regrettably*
The fact that you nevr have problems with the h4xxbusters may be one of the reasons your OC's don't get much comments, ironically. Though yes, sometimes people do fall under the radar. *scratches head* Even I, though I try to comment on every profile, sometimes have one thing to many to read and comment.

Quote:
Hmm...kind hearted female captains aren't new though. There's Tessa from FMP, who's more of a dojikko than anyone else.
True, but kind hearted female generals with my name are.

Quote:
Uh-oh...what have I done!?
*prays for poor tester's soul*

Quote:
Would make a lot of juicy fights.
The personallity of someone looking for a fight combined with the personallity of someone who always backtalks. That's like tossing a molotov in a mountain of TNT.

Quote:
Yes, indeed. I suppose the idea has to do with wanting to pair up Iris with Vivio, yet have some antagonist elements in that her guardians/parents will never approve. Personally I'm not against it, as this is something of a sub-plot that the individual author wants. However, to be able to best so many high rank mages would require more than just experience methinks.
Another question to ask is why Nanoha and fate would never aprove, concidering their track record.

Quote:
I think it's more the Kyonko look than anything else that's attracting you. Though that does look a lot like Griffith. But I doubt Tesla is one of the DFC clan.
Actually, to me this picture radiates Tesla. It took me a while before I realized that this was Kyonko and Yuki (and it was Yuki that gave it away. ), and I did do an experimental merge of Tesla and Kyonko a while back. Kyonko's snarky personallity was always mirrored in Tesla anyway.

Quote:
That could work. I'm certainly not adverse to the idea of Vivio getting a harem once she's old enough to appreciate it....
Quote:
Erm, no.

Unless Keroko says so.
For now lets take the same route this very series has taken: Lotsa implications of many pairings, but nothing concrete. :3 Kinda like how Nanoha has a harem if you take all the sugestive NanoFate/NanoVita/Yuunoha scenes into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post

Tesla-chan likes melon bread, too?

*steals melon bread and is zapped with Blitzkugel*

Tesla: *blows smoke away from Gungnir* No one steals my melon bread and stays alive.

Quote:
Ah, I'd be lying if I say this picture isn't made of WIN AND LOVE!

Quote:
Neltharion's dragonflight, eh?

HAXX!

Hence, scrapped. :3

Quote:
I think Lowe's going to say ...

"Keikaku Doori ..."
"Well played, Lowegear well played."

Quote:
I see that the image has taken you by storm eh? :3
Oh, definetely.

Quote:
lol Personally, I say pure Syn/Vivio ftw!
Much as I apreciate your support, I am in no way going to try and persuade Cort not to write his own Vivio/Iris stories. Even if he wants to put it into kerokanon, I'm not going to stop him from keeping things suggestive. We can work this out to benefit us both, but I am not going to selfishly cling Vivio to myself, much though I want to.

While on the subject of Iris, Cort, I really liked your initial draft better then this one. The girl encountered on a lawless planet -damn I almost wrote Nar Shadaa there - is much more believable and entertaining then this new Assasin-child-turned-roject-F-experiment-of-jail-that-injured-Nanoha-before-encountering-Vivio-and-falling-in-love-creating-chaos-in-the-family girl she has become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
...Vivio harem eh?

Nighty wonders if he should add a...he...or...her... or....[gender unknown] inside...
Hooh? Nighty is joining in the Vivio-love madness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Err... was it ever stated that Blaster System was designed for RH in mind? My memory is hazy.

Either way, the biggest assumption here is WHAT is the Blaster System.
Specifically stated? Not as far as I recall. Easilly assumed? Sure. Raising Heart may look as close to the standard devices of all the hero devices, but it is still a custom device, with many modes other devices do not have simply because of the stress they put on the user.

Quote:

You do realize that the hammer-raising is in favor of NanoVita, right?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 12:27   Link #152
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I will fight for NanoVita too!
*raises warhammer that cost 40k*
Old 2008-05-21, 12:32   Link #153
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Do you even know why weapons are being drawn? Or what we're talking about?
Nope, not a clue!

Quote:
While on the subject of Iris, Cort, I really liked your initial draft better then this one. The girl encountered on a lawless planet -damn I almost wrote Nar Shadaa there - is much more believable and entertaining then this new Assasin-child-turned-roject-F-experiment-of-jail-that-injured-Nanoha-before-encountering-Vivio-and-falling-in-love-creating-chaos-in-the-family girl she has become.
Initial draft... wait, what? Are we still talking about my more recent Aeon-approved storyline, or something I mentioned on IRC a few weeks ago?

Quote:
Is that what it's about?

*Starts tossing pies at all the NanoVita shippers*

'SHIP WAR! 'SHIP WAR!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:38   Link #154
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Eto ... shouldn't that be the current draft than the initial one? The initial one was the assassin-family Iris.

Quote:
We'll just pummel him until he does.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:49   Link #155
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Initial draft... wait, what? Are we still talking about my more recent Aeon-approved storyline, or something I mentioned on IRC a few weeks ago?
I don't do IRC, so I wouldn't know.

No, I meant this one (that's the first draft you threw at me, so to me, that's the initial draft. I have no idea what you've been doing in IRC) I like this one a lot better then the latest 'has beaten Nanoha, could beat Fate and happens to be a Project F subject' version.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 12:52   Link #156
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Nope, not a clue!
Quote:
Is that what it's about?

'SHIP WAR! 'SHIP WAR!

Well now you do

*Whacks Comartemis with his Thunderhammer, that's not even turned on, using only it's sheer weight*
Old 2008-05-21, 12:54   Link #157
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Alright, I thought you were talking about this one for some reason.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:59   Link #158
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Hooh? Nighty is joining in the Vivio-love madness?
You don't do IRC so you wouldn't know, but I have been planning on creating a Nanohaverse fictional sport... and kinda have plans for a school drama story...

And it involves Vivio and Syn... and well...OCs...and well... schools and rival schools... what's a little love-conflict? :3

Quote:
Specifically stated? Not as far as I recall. Easilly assumed? Sure. Raising Heart may look as close to the standard devices of all the hero devices, but it is still a custom device, with many modes other devices do not have simply because of the stress they put on the user.
It's true that Blaster Mode for Nanoha looks personalized, but that doesn't necessarily mean the core of the system was designed with RH in mind. If we take what Quattro said, it looked like B.Mode itself is a physical-punisher of an augmenter, and personally, I'd say that it's possible that Blaster Mode was just that system, which was integrated into Nanoha's to allow it to be effectively used with RH.

Basically, the core programming of BS was added quirks and tuning to fit Nanoha's style to maximize the effects of B.S towards Nanoha. It'd be pointless if all it contributed was a bigger beam and stronger gripping power after all.

I thought of Blaster System akin to a chip. The chip's function is *etc*, but depending on the machine-type and the purpose of the machine's user, the external attachments, cards, plugs, needs and everything differ individually, where if Fate is the one to use B.S instead, it would be... I dunno, ZANKANTOU Zamber?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 13:04   Link #159
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

[Ork]Oi, you lot'z been busy while I wuz away, eh? Thought you wuz gonna leave me 'angin' 'ere? Well I gotz a s'prise for you boyz...

It'z da big BREAKA! Breaka Boyz, le'ze go!!![/Ork]

Quote:
I've been sort of absent, I know, but I recently managed to pick up a copy of Grandia.

Imagine me falling out of my bed in surprise when I saw my name come across the screen not even a few minutes into play.

Of course, that just begs for an OC-fication. :3
As in your RL name? Neat...I guess.
Quote:
*blink* Uhm... what? Oh, wait, this is another character that is for private use, isn't it? Because... you know... Nanoha and Fate aren't like that canonically.

Quote:
Because that's how the TSAB works, Ghaz.

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Unless you're A-ranked or above, you can't start flight training, which means that 90% of the Air Force mages will start in the Ground Force. Even Teana is in the Ground Force with the idea of rising to the Air Force once she has enough experience. Xiro's bio is nothing out of the ordinary in that regard.
Start ground and move on to air, huh? I can see that working. Gotta start with the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
You must be crazy today, my boy...VERY crazy.

*cracks another bullet down the Black King*

*cracks his knuckles*

I'm ready for you.
Black...King? Is that a weapon? It sounds dangerous...
Quote:
...God, Lancer, Lancer, Lancer. I said I'd let it pass, though, and so I will. Thank GOD lightning is faster than wind, though
Lancer?

You'll forgive me if I don't get a single reference being made...
Quote:
I wonder what the HELL is the use of his Telekinesis, then, if he can't throw people around. If he has such a high degree of power, heck wonders why if a shockwave can blow a mage, BJ and all, backwards, a focused telekinetic wave cannot do the same. Misguided attempt to self-h4xxbust, I call this.

You just made a rather straightforward skill that I had no problem with (save the power level) a ridiculously paradoxical attack.
Gotta agree here. If I was a psychic, you can bet I'd find a way to make "blast 'em back" a feasible move somehow.
Quote:
Good Lord, Comart, where are your laws of aerodynamics? Do a lil' science homework before you tell me (or anyone else) that a bulbous shape reduces drag, thank you very much. I've only taken 2 years of Physics, but I do know that there is no army on earth or out of it that would commission a missile like that.

Even Magneto's "Magnetic Bubble" was more believable
Magnetic...Bubble???
Quote:
WTFreaking hell?!

Since when was a buzzsaw a SICKLE?! FYI, a sickle is something you swing, and kill a person with because of its hooking ability that comes with its shape and the form of swing. It isn't something that just grinds the hell out of the opponent from the front...
I think he means it flies like a buzzsaw; if you get a spear spinning fast it can rip you up pretty good.
Quote:
For Truth. Quoted for Truth. Although to have Xiro work with her isn't too bad, ya know. That poor heartbroken boy.

Which is why you realize that NOBODY in the Air Forces uses stuff that Nanoha designs, it's frickin' suicidal, and only someone like her would try it

OSHI-

*is blown away by STARLIGHT BUREKA*
See, this is why Nanoha's gonna be a cripple before she turns 40. All this stuff pushing herself way farther than she has a need to, and making stuff like the Blaster System a beamspam enhancer...

Poor girl may not last through S4 at this rate. :3

*artfully sidesteps random beamspam shots*
Quote:
Hey, we h4xxbust you for FREE! In society, h4xx-busting comes in the form of a suspension or a sack, man, we're really kind already, now aren't we?

And like I said, we DO give you diaper money to solve your problems later
*hands XC a half-eaten cookie*
Quote:
Now THAT is the model for safe OCing. I must admit I myself take a lot of risks in never running anything past people first...but it hasn't caused me major problems yet (except with PF, although you're one to talk about that, Phoenix )
Well, I do it like this: If I think an idea might be haxx, or if I want to figure our how far I can push something, I try to ask whoever I think is most likely to call me on it. Besides, a preliminary questioning isn't ever a bad idea; you should at least present something for the wolvesaudience to chew on.

Quote:
Keroko-chan: Haa- Haaa-chu!

Keroko-kun: Gezondheid.

Keroko-chan: *sniff* Thanks. Is someone talking about me?

Keroko-kun: *watches Xena fly away* Nope, no-one at all.
Oh look, it's Keroko-tan! *waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
He could have been a chase pilot, observing Nanoha as she puts the Blaster System through its paces.
Quote:
*nods* Or her oponent to see how the Blaster Sytem handled in melee combat, those two sound far more likely then testing it before Nanoha even knew of its existence.
That seems reasonable. If I were Nanoha, I'd want someone to be watching me test the thing, in case it blew up or what have you. And given that it's meant for a specific purpose, testing how it functions outside that is a safe idea.

Quote:
That's what I've been trying to do on IRC these days. Steel Mage? Got it approved as a rare skill. Ice + Water combo? Got it approved. Nerfing Vivio's Saint's Armor? Asked for ideas and I got plenty of them.
Then what are you worried about?
Quote:
If we were to go strictly by canon around here, half the stuff on this board wouldn't exist. And NxF is as good as canon so far as I care.
*long facepalm is long* And people wonder why we're jaded...
Quote:
Hey, I looked for mythic European spears and all I could find was Gae Bolg (too obvious, he's a enough of a Lancer knock-off as it is) or Gungnir, which something like three other people have already used.
Pick some random name, or use a non-spear name and confuse people. :3
Quote:
Oi, Sky Waltz came from Zero way back when, not from someone else's OC!
Actually, in your defense, he does have a game skill named Sky Waltz, folks.
Quote:
In my defense I was running out of cool wind-based names to give to my spells.
[Ryoma]You still have a lot to learn.[/Ryoma]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Right now? I just don't care, plain and simple.

Hmmm. I suppose I better finish the final mission of OG2.
So blunt.

You finish that mission y'hear? Kick them bugs to the galactic curb!

Quote:
I think it has less to do with Cort's characters (really, most characters that come here go through a balancing routine) but more that the H4XXbusters have become.... really blunt. It's no longer a gentle 'you should take a better look at this' but more a 'H4XX! Change!' command.

I myself try to be as polite and helpfull as possible, first by not swearing, second by not assuming the poster needs to have the info rammed through his/her throat. Stating ways that would fix the problem helps too.
You do have a point...I think, and I'm not pointing fingers here or anything, that some of the hostility on the old thread was due partially to the...zealous...attitude of our busters. Although, I guess you can't really claim that title without a bit of bluntness. (Emphasis on the "bit" part.)

Quote:
*Cadian History Trivia Absorbed for Later Use*

Alright. I'll go old skool then, in honor of Spirly-tan (you know, @@ron008R )

It's back to the normal me for me
I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know you've given him such a name. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
You mean a moving target

Nanoha: How was that?

Tester: It...it hurt...

Nanoha: Scale of 1 to 10? 10 being really bad.

Tester: Um...4?

Nanoha: Alright then! Let's increase the output by 20% and try again. It needs more power!

Tester: ...mommy...
You wanna know what's REALLY odd about that scene? I can actually see it happening.

*runs*

Quote:
*stares...*

*guesses 3 times*

*Xena's eyes bug REALLY wide*

OH GODS, I-

*Falls to the ground, burning from the eyes down*

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE KILL ME! KILL ME!!!!~

*is put out of his misery by his female OCs, and dies horribly*

Quote:
*continues scratching head*

Quote:
Same reason all the other elemental affinities are special, though Wind-elementals have a natural knack for flight, much like Lightning-elementals have a natural knack for speed.
Really? I don't know if there was any indication that one affinity was better at a given thing. I can see that happening, though.

Quote:
Wow. I go to bed and boom, the thread explodes by 2 and a half pages of posting :3
Oh, c'mon Ghaz, it's been faster than that before. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I dunno I still remember when I'd wake up in the morning and find it had grown like 10 pages overnight... I could never keep up
Quote:
Ah yes, those were the days.

Still, this is better then the last few days, where there was no progress whatsoever.
That's what happens when you start from scratch. It's a good feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Okay, due to a suggestion from the OCC to post in OCT

Here is my Primary Premise of my OCs

or of all OCs for that matter (i think)

Spoiler for The Zoning of the Galaxy:

any comments and suggestions?

*warps out*
Ah yes, the zone system. Now that it's laid out like this, I got a real good idea of it all. I think it's very well done, and will be quite useful.

Quote:
Will tackle the rest later, but this required my immediate attention. Don't touch one of the few NanoVita moments StrikerS gave me! Rawr!
[/QUOTE]

Ah, the resident NanoVita supporter speaks.

Quote:
*sneaks in*

And...

*RUNS FASTER*
Oh boy...:3

Quote:
[innocent voice]Who, US???[/innocent voice]

*hides rocket-powered warhammer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
I'm posting my newest work (Asclei Rebuild isnt done yet). Well, here it is. BTW, I'll be explaining what the Arc is exactly later, I just had to make a background for this character first. Also, the information about this character MAY change later.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Ooh, nice. You really are a good drawer.

I'll give her a more thorough look-see later, but I don't see anything that needs busting from a skim.

Quote:
I'm just a little timid. So I rather work upwards than downwards. For the record, I've never had problems with haxxbusters before. Though fact is, I get the feeling I'm under the radar or something. My OCs don't really get commented on a lot. But then again, they have very little exposure so... *shakes head regrettably*
Heh, that makes two of us. Oh well. I don't worry about it.
Quote:
All this makes me wish I have 1 month's worth of holiday just to watch anime and play games. Darn I miss the days when I could do just that.
You could break your leg, you'd get free time then.

*runs*
Quote:
I assumed that too. Vivio I feel was 7arcs being their usual self, either contradicting facts they made up themselves, or being ambiguous.
Gotta love 7Arcs and their consistency. :3

Quote:
Is that what it's about?

'SHIP WAR! 'SHIP WAR!

NO.

DO NOT START A SHIP WAR.

If you do, I will make it my personal cause to grind you into dust. I am NOT joking.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 13:13   Link #160
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
I am NOT joking.
You're not.... but I AM.

Jeez LE, touchy enough? You need to learn to spot when someone's kidding around. Throwing pies isn't the way to start off a serious attempt at any kind of war.... except maybe a food fight.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content