AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-28, 15:27   Link #781
Mashda2k6

Kaien was the oldest of the Shiba siblings, and grew up in Rukongai, although the Shiba house was once one of the great noble houses.

thats what i got from bleach wiki
Old 2010-03-28, 15:44   Link #782
kamyu

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-03-28, 17:55   Link #783
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I was actually thinking that when a Shinigami is promoted to the Zero Squad/Royal Guard, they are given a new Release for their Zanpakuto that they only give to those they view as capable of achieving it. This would explain that the Zero Squad/Royal Guard would be so much more powerful.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2010-03-28, 20:44   Link #784
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

...Ichigo, Kaien, and Yashido are all brothers. :3 They all have the same father while Aizen meticulously planted.. uhh.. 'spirit particles' into three different women. D: flawless! That would explain why they look so similiar!

Seriously though.

If that was the case then their zanpaktou would change, as their Shikai is more like them taking off a mask and showing what it would appear as a weapon. Isshin is incredibly powerful, even if all he did was defeat an incomplete grand fisher.

Isshin might actually have been Aizen's sensei, for all I know. A shinigami doesn't age when in a gekai, from my understanding. But that theory is pointless, as he'd be much older. Him not aging is a human factor as well - people would notice a guy looking the same he did 20 years prior.

I don't know if they ever said his age or what he looked like when Ichigo, Yuzu-chan and Karin-chan were still little... (Though I think they did show him. Question: Did he look younger. A hallmark would be lighter stubble or less wrinkles xD)

Isshin could also be part of the RF for all I know, I'd rather not be arrogantly self-centered and say/pretty much say "Everyone's idea(l)s are wrong but mine.

I would think if Isshin was a hollow hybrid, it would explain afew things. Masaki being human could've weakened it unless she had incredibly spiritual energy (Which I believe she had a moderate amount.)

Dunno know. Bring the camera back to Yashido plz. I would've liked to see his shikai/bankai.

Note: I only got as far as the first few eps of the FKT arc, so I wouldn't know as much as I should. So please forgive me if I seem too 'out of the loop'.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:08   Link #785
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
There's just one thing I don't understand about Kurosaki Isshin, or rather, about Ichigo.

How come nobody, not even the Captain Commander or Byakuya (Byakuya even said "you're not a shinigami, let alone royalty, yet you say bankai so easily") recognized Ichigo's name? If Isshin was ever with the shinigami, or in the royal guard, they should at least still have known his name. At least Yamamoto should have known it.

So is Isshin's name a fake? Or did he have such a secret position within the royal guard that absolutely nobody knew his name?
I wont say that Kurosaki is a false name, it could have bin Masaki´s name and Isshin took her name instead of his too throw of the SS tracks or something too go into hiding.

Also this might draw some interest but Kurosaki means Black and white.

Quote:
Isshin being of the Shiba Family kinda makes sense since he's pretty young in shinigami perspective yet very strong. But the royal noble families were imo like celebrities, like you see Yoruichi was carried in a thing on a parade or so. And since they were celebrity-like it would be likely that someone from SS knew his reiatsu(vaizards didnt and they've been there pretty long)
You might have forgotten that the aging system is still very confusing at the SS world since lets not forget that Retsu Unohana is very beautiful and young looking despite the fact she is one of the oldest and most experienced captains.

So its not all that far fetched that Isshin might have bin one of the founders along with Yama-jii or he could have bin his son or grandson and got quickly or sometimes after the creation of the 13 gotei got promoted into the Royal Guards or Zero Squad.

But for some reason left the Royal Guards or Zero Squad because of a unknown reason (im too lazy too make one atm) and ended up in the Human world.

Here is my last theory for a while, the Gotei not even Yama-jii knows what happens where the Royal Guards are or in the dimensional space the castle is etc etc, they just dont know. So its possible that the reason they havent found out about Isshin´s whereabouts and all that is because they didint know he was missing in the first place!!!

And the Royal Guards or Zero Squad cant leave the space or the side of the King could not go after him etc etc. Also lets not forget that Kirio Hikifune the women who is a former captain of the Twelfth Division which I suspect will make an appearance in the future chapters, was promoted too the Royal Guards or Zero Squad.

So its quite possible that Kirio Hikifune is Isshin´s replacement since Isshin left and was either pronounced dead or just could find since they just could not leave SS kings side so they just got an replacement etc etc.

ANYWAYS if there is a chapter this week adn will explain atleast the surface that will make it clear, than super I still have 70% confidence that any of the theorys we make up will be quite the opposite of what we suspect.

Last edited by Wargumm1i; 2010-03-29 at 21:28.
Old 2010-03-30, 17:11   Link #786
Wonderland~

I believe Isshin is part of Squad Zero which is also known as the Royal Guards. I believe this because when Azien said "your a shinigami and a..." i think he was going to say something like prince which would explain why Isshin is a shinigami and we would understand that Ichgios mother is royal and Isshin was guarding her as a royal guard should do. People saying Ichigos mum is hollow is really annoying... Ichigo got his hollow side from breaking his chain and his mum got killed by a hollow...
Old 2010-03-30, 20:55   Link #787
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

after a bit of reasoning, and thought. I mean, even with rationalizing what's going on in manga and what has been suggested in this thread...:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-30, 22:08   Link #788
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderland~ View Post
I believe Isshin is part of Squad Zero which is also known as the Royal Guards. I believe this because when Azien said "your a shinigami and a..." i think he was going to say something like prince which would explain why Isshin is a shinigami and we would understand that Ichgios mother is royal and Isshin was guarding her as a royal guard should do. People saying Ichigos mum is hollow is really annoying... Ichigo got his hollow side from breaking his chain and his mum got killed by a hollow...
No, I think Aizen was about to say something about his mom. Ichigo was of greater interest to Aizen than anyone else simply by nature of his birth, and of course Aizen is all about the hollowification. I'm sure there have been no shortage of kids of strong shinigami in soul society, but Ichigo is unique. Also, Ichigo's power growth is ridiculous by shinigami standards - even child prodigies like Hitsugaya are working at it for decades but Ichigo far surpasses them within months. I think Ichigo's mom was an arrancar or otherwise somehow related to hollows. Urahara would have known about this and that would be why he knew the chain-breaking method would work.

Last edited by Zek; 2010-03-30 at 22:29.
Old 2010-03-30, 23:53   Link #789
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Also this might draw some interest but Kurosaki means Black and white.
No, Kurosaki mean black cape (as in a piece of land that sticks out in water)

Kurosaki Isshin
黒崎 一心
Kurosaki: "black"; "cape" (geographic def.)
Isshin: "one"; "mind" (Name reading: "whole-heartedness")
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2010-03-31, 04:33   Link #790
Murushirago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Is anyone else pissed off at Kubo's insistence on the shinigamis' bankai being withheld? I mean, if against Aizen is not the time to use it, WHEN? It's an obvious, irritating method of keeping some cliffhangers in reserve.
Old 2010-04-01, 13:17   Link #791
paw24
Banned

may be he is an elite shinigami assigned to squad zero assign to guard ichigo
Old 2010-04-01, 21:42   Link #792
bakaru

isshin's zanpaktou

we know nothing of isshins zanpaktou..so isnt it possible that he has some kinda mental power that could either erase memories or some other type of control to erase his existance... urahara and ishida's father would know him still because they are friends..ishida's father being a possible brother in law as well...if you have read the latest manga(398) youll see how powerful he is and back up my theory of his mental zanpaktou...as he seemed to handle aizen pretty well :P

theres more im thinking but id like to see others responses first..get back at me asap :P
Old 2010-04-02, 06:08   Link #793
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaru View Post
he has some kinda mental power that could either erase memories or some other type of control to erase his existance...
Aha! He is using the hollow of the third movie
Old 2010-04-02, 08:20   Link #794
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
The Masaki = Hollow theory is plausible but the question still remains how the hell she gave birth. I mean I'm all for creativity and imagination, but... True, Neliel does look like she could bear a child, but then again Neliel is an arrancar created by Aizen. And he wasn't able to create Arrancars like this until he got the Hougyoku.

it's quite easy to turn a hollow into an arrancar, just rip off parts of his mask(grand fisher's first transformation for example)

and it's no secret that natural(imperfect) arrancars have been around before the hougyoku was in Aizen's hand:

Noitorra said "how many years have passed" when Nell turned into a woman. That makes Noitorra an natural arrancar who got tuned by the hougyoku afterwards("Aizen gave me power" and his Zanpaktou's form changed too). Stark/Lilynette already looked humanoid when Aizen found them.
Old 2010-04-02, 15:29   Link #795
bakaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Aha! He is using the hollow of the third movie
not exactly what i was talking about >.>
Old 2010-04-07, 22:42   Link #796
magoocian

This may be shifting gears a bit but I think Isshin was part of the Royal Guard and I'll tell you why.

I just looked back in the Pendulum Arc noticed something that has been gravely misinterpreted for months. Back when the captains were discussing all of the recent changes, Shinsui mentioned that he, Yama-jii, Ukitake, and Unohana were the captains remain from the past century. This is the where the misinterpretation lies. When he said that, he was talking about 208 years before the present story. This gives plenty of time for Isshin to have been promoted to the Royal Guard. Since all of the Vizards were appointed starting about 110 years ago, then Isshin could have been promoted before they became Captains or knew enough about him to hold a memory of him.
Old 2010-05-28, 02:08   Link #797
davidl859

Talking

well if you ask me what is up with isshin he was a royal family look at what he wears and he left soul society cause he can and then he met ichigo's mom and fell in love sounds sappy but could be close and also he has the same attack as ichigo another royalty trait i cant wait to see what happens next exciting
Old 2010-05-28, 11:18   Link #798
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz View Post
Well for one...it's never said that Kurosaki was Isshin's surname

It is quite common in Japan for men to marry INTO the woman's family, thus taking her last name, instead of the other way around.

Kurosaki could be Ichigo's mother's last name...not Isshin's
i'd go with this one, remember a certain asshole from another anime whom did the same thing?

Spoiler for *cough*asshole!*cough*:
Old 2010-06-11, 23:30   Link #799
Kayotica

Isshin Kurosaki

My personal theory is that perhaps Isshin is a Shiba? Maybe an Uncle or other relation to Kukaku, Kaein, and Ganju. I always thought him and Ganju kind of look alike, maybe thats just me, and it could explain why Ichigo and Kaein look almost identical. I've seen cousins in my own family that look enough alike they could pass for siblings. As for his rank I'd say he was probably a captain. In the anime, I haven't read the manga yet, it looks like he has a captain's robe hanging from his shoulder. I can't really fathom a guess as to how old he is or anything about his powers. I'd like to guess that maybe he was in squad 4, he is a doctor after all. As for Ishida again I can't say. I'd have agree and think that maybe there is some relation between Masaki and him but again not positive. Isshin really is still a mystery.

Edit:

Also on the idea of Ichigo being half shinigami/half hollow. I have to ask: What about Karin or Yuzu? They really don't seem to play any important role that I've seen so far but they are Ichigo's sisters and in the beginning Karin, correct me if I'm wrong, could see speak and touch ghost just like Ichigo. I guess there could be some twist where they aren't really related after all or maybe there is just simply that there is a differnce in levels between them and Ichigo. I dunno just thought I'd say it.

Last edited by Kayotica; 2010-06-12 at 15:48.
Old 2010-06-14, 00:37   Link #800
Curlyfry

?

I have an idea,it's probably totally wrong,but whatever. What if both of Ichigos parents came from the SS,only Isshin was a member of the royal family,and Masaki was part of the Shiba clan,this would explain why Ichigo looks like Kaien.Well,maybe Isshin somehow meets Masaki and,they soon fall in love.Soo they decide to flee the SS because they could never be together there.This explains the Shibas big fall to disgrace and how Urahara knows Isshin so well,Masaki and Isshin would have had to come to Urahara for untraceble gigais.Then maybe Urahara screwed up and accidently made Isshin and Masaki lose all their spiritual power.And now Isshins only getting it back,20 years later.It would be the right time frame,anyhoo.
Closed Thread