AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-12-29, 12:30   Link #61
sothis

congrats to ghdpro, nosanninwa, and the rest of the crew here at suki. i'm coming up on 2 years for the db, and it's a great feeling. you guys have done a great job here, everyone should appreciate all the hard work these guys put into the site
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 12:40   Link #62
Yuiichi
Retired.

A year ago (around september), i remember a couple of my friends telling me about what they did when they went to the CNAnime convention. While standing in line for a skebu by Fred Gallagher (founder of Megatokyo), one of my friends started talking to other people in line. Their conversation eventually drifted to the subject of fansubs, and the person sugested my friend go to Animesuki.

Well, my friend was impressed by AS's services, and told me about it. This was basicly how i got into anime and fansubs in general. I had always liked it, but never got any exposure due to the nature of north american tv (especially in Canada, very little anime is allowed).

Thank you for two years (one year for me) of excellent service and information on where to get my fansubs!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANIMESUKI!!!
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 13:56   Link #63
Kensuke

Happy Birthday Animesuki and best wishes GHDpro!

I found Animesuki summer '03, I don't remember exactly how, probably I was using google to search good anime sites.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:26   Link #64
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Hmm... so it has been two years already? And to think I spent more than a whole year at Suki...

'sup guys \o/ Vicious the mighty is here! HOHOHO
You may remember me from the ol' Naruto forum, I used to post there a lot hehehe Trying to find explanations for jutsus alongside with Hunter, Dranz, raikage... I saw "The What a Character Would Never Say" thread being born, and surely laughed my ass off with Sai, Slade, monir, pathy, and MoonTheCat. Good ol' times, they were. Good ol' times that won't come back...
Like ol' monir said (I miss you! You never enters MSN, try to enter more often XD), before Suki I used to watch Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Saint Seiya, those old series (but good, nonetheless), in the television. Then I became to know the wonderful Animesuki land. I remember it was January 2003 when I registered, and I remember the first series I downloaded were Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo and Naruto. Before Suki I plainly knew nothing about anime. Then I became to know Suki, and I grew up here. Grew up a lot, anime-wise of course Paranoia Agent, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gankutsuou, Otogizoushi, Hunter x Hunter, Get Backers, BECK, Yakitate!! Japan... the number of series I used to, and still download at Suki keeps growing year after year. Some of them were, sadly, licensed. Of course I still manage to watch them (DON'T ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD LICENSED STUFF), but I'll never get rid of my good ol' and beloved Suki Not only me, but millions and millions of people. OK, at least thousands and thousands Keep up the good work guys, and yes, you're all worth my most sincere thanks.
I'm here just to say happy birthday you all! Thanks for this wonderful time all you people gave me at Suki. I'll return someday, the fact is that I don't have the time anymore... surely, I miss you all, and Suki itself, a lot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANIMESUKI!
Thanks GHDPro, thanks xris, thanks NoSanninWa, thanks Mb81, thanks NightWish, thanks ElvenPath, thanks Dranz, thanks Hunter, thanks DF, thanks pathy, thanks monir, thanks MoonTheCat, thanks Sai, thanks Slade, thanks GreyArea, thanks Alexander, thanks Zoro/Mr. Bushido, thanks NineDevil (stupid student! lol), thanks dythim, thanks Lord Raiden, thanks stpehen, thanks to all those people who made Suki so special when I used to post here. And sorry if I forgot someone

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANIMESUKI! I wish you all luck, and I wish this network keeps growing and living for years and years.
And someday Vicious will return! Well, someday...

Farewell! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Sincerely, from Vicious, one who miss Suki a lot.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:29   Link #65
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Happy birthday Animesuki, live for many years!
Old 2005-01-03, 16:33   Link #66
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Happy Birthday!
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 22:26   Link #67
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
its 3 years old nows and the history needs an updates on the future section no? like your secret change on the site has been completed no? XD ok I'll go away now...
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:10   Link #68
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
its 3 years old nows and the history needs an updates on the future section no? like your secret change on the site has been completed no? XD ok I'll go away now...
heh...I think the toughest pill all of us members had to swallow was the forum hack of December 2005...although it did very much change us all, we're still alive and well, and this site is as strong as ever.

Happy Birthday Animesuki, I'd like to let the whole staff know that this forum means so much to me. Truth be told, it was responsible for my Mahoraba breakout. I mean, I can't imagine seeing myself on any other forum nosebleeding on one of my favorite anime ever.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 10:18   Link #69
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Sorry kinda late, but Happy Birthday AnimeSuki.

We love you!!!! ^-^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 11:52   Link #70
Sofu
Cheeky Cat

I'd like to add my birthday wishes, as well. Here's to another year of great threads and wonderful discussions (even if I never participate in them )!

Tanjoubi omedetou-gozaimasu! Kanpai!
Sofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 17:44   Link #71
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This Happy B-day thread revived my bitterness, so I would like to point out ASuki isn't 3 years old at all. It's 3 years minus 1 year minus 4 months. That's add up to 1 year and 8 months. We technically have four more months before animesuki can legally turn 2 years old.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 08:13   Link #72
Kerooooo
e-pen0r detector

Quote:
The forum is just a nice add-on, which could also be shut down, if the site admins feel to do so.
Some people are such party poopers...
Kerooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 08:21   Link #73
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
This Happy B-day thread revived my bitterness, so I would like to point out ASuki isn't 3 years old at all. It's 3 years minus 1 year minus 4 months. That's add up to 1 year and 8 months. We technically have four more months before animesuki can legally turn 2 years old.
I guess you haven't read this page yet: http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/history.html
(the page was written last year [2004], so while it mentions the site is 2 years old, it's actually 3 years by now)

Btw, the reason I didn't want to revive this thread is because the world remembers
December 26, 2004 for a rather different reason now -- so maybe next year again...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 05:05   Link #74
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
Btw, the reason I didn't want to revive this thread is because the world remembers
December 26, 2004 for a rather different reason now -- so maybe next year again...
I first visited AnimeSuki around Fall 2003, It opened up a new world where I can watch new and rare anime series that haven't make it to the US. It was the best thing ever happened to me. I even put animesuki.com on my homepage and I check it everyday when I got home. It's like the highlight of my day when I visit Animesuki and check up what's new episode today.

But to my shame that I never knew that Dec 26 is Animesuki's birthday. Because back then Animesuki was just a place to find anime for me. But then I started to visit the AnimeSuki forum and over the years it has become a home, a family, a place where I met people around the world who were crazy about anime in their own unique ways. I'm really glad meeting you guys and very grateful to those who kept this place going.

So congratulations on 3 years, love ya !! ^__^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 11:40   Link #75
metal_addict4life
SLAYER

Send a message via Yahoo to metal_addict4life
Exclamation 3 years

WOW! this is great animesuki forum has been great for the past 3 years . yeah sorry about being off topic.
later.
metal_addict4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 23:45   Link #76
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Judging by the the two links that showed what Anime Suki looked like on its first day, and then 2 weeks later, I must have come across Suki somewhere in its first 2 weeks.

Cause I do remember those torrents and I do remember the site looking like that.

Altho I didn't register on the forums until much later.

God time flies.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 02:30   Link #77
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thanks to ASUki.. the main reason I have such long list in msn that I kinda forgot who is who ^-^

Causing me to buy more and more HD and buy out more empty DVD for all the free downloadable anime...

Open a new world that I would never knew it exist.. Probably never knew anime world apart from DBZ and Doraemon .. If it wasnt my accident earlier last year and been compounded to the house for half a year at home.. I ventured to the world unknown to me and found this forum to read about GSD and here I stay

Thank you very much for all the good time you people provide and countless friends I made ^-^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 04:03   Link #78
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Wow! I am honored to be a part of the organization that has opened you to the existence of anime beyond DBZ. You are very welcome indeed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 02:03   Link #79
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Sheesh! I can't believe I've been hanging around here for so long. Almost three whole years now!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 06:42   Link #80
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Sheesh! I can't believe I've been hanging around here for so long. Almost three whole years now!
LOL I can't believe I'm still around to laugh at your posts, nice one Boney and Happy Birthday Animesuki and its Phoenix Forums!
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animesuki