AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-01, 09:29   Link #101
X207
Gamyūsa

just picked up this series yesterday an i think i know how it will end in eps +9. the only thing that im not too sure about is hiromi's father, the rest is the usual plot.
Old 2008-03-23, 00:17   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Continued from the Episode 12 thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am going to play dumb, but care to elaborate on that.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 13 speculation based on OST and Episode 12:
Old 2008-03-23, 00:58   Link #103
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I see, thanks for the explanation! so basically having the OST is a big spoiler by itself!
Old 2008-03-23, 01:15   Link #104
roan

The name of the song btw is omoi wo oitekite - leave behind those feelings.
Big link with Hiromi's oiteikanaide.
Old 2008-03-23, 01:21   Link #105
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
thats one hell of a good speculation, why i didn't think of that before damn, and yeah true tears OST is a very very good OST
Old 2008-03-23, 02:29   Link #106
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
For relentlessflame
Spoiler:

I am giving both girls equal chances it is a 50% Noe and 50% Hiromi! I don't mind any of the two girls, though I will feel sadder for Hiromi than for Noe! Hiromi has suffered way more than Noe!

Noe has her brother even though he has impure incestous thought for her, she also has her mother.
Hiromi is a complete orphan, she suffered for a whole year. We will see next saturday which girl the writers like better.
Old 2008-03-23, 02:55   Link #107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
No no, that's the title for track 32, which is...
Spoiler:

The title of track 30, the one I was referring to above, is...
Spoiler:

Careful not to jump to conclusions too quickly, golthin. (P.S. Your 50/50 is cowardly. )
Old 2008-03-23, 03:00   Link #108
roan

Spoiler:

Edit: Ah. Whoops.
Old 2008-03-23, 03:13   Link #109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Edit: Ah. Whoops.
Yeah, you almost had me there too, and then I'm like "wait a minute..." The point's still quite relevant, though, just that the connotation is opposite.
Old 2008-03-23, 07:15   Link #110
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ahh...track 30 ~ one of the best track from the OST

Nice analysis on it relentless. The change heard from the second half of that track (or better known as Hiromi's theme) is more of a "resolution" type.

More reason to think that Hiromi and Shin will be getting together.

Sure enough, my bet is on Hiromi 70% to 30% (for Noe).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-23, 07:58   Link #111
Westlo
Lets be reality

Relentless pretty much nailed it exactly with the analysis of track 30, remember golthin I pm'd you after I heard it the day the ost got ripped! Also to second Relentless you're a coward with that 50/50 crap lol.

Spoiler:

Hiromi 90% Noe 10%.
Old 2008-03-23, 11:34   Link #112
golthin

Quote:
Careful not to jump to conclusions too quickly, golthin. (P.S. Your 50/50 is cowardly. )
yeah, but unlike another show that recently ended, I really can't read Shin'ichiro true feelings.
his good boy antics are really hard to predict.
Old 2008-03-23, 11:42   Link #113
Theowne
耳をすませば

The series has always had the stamp of "We are building to Hiromi + Shin is it too obvious", the only thing that makes me wonder is the kiss in episode 11. It's odd for the staple of most romance shows to take place a few episodes before the end, with a mild positive reaction but without much impact at all, especially when the other main female has not had that same event yet. If there's any small degree of possibility that the writers could surprise is, it's because of that.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-03-23, 13:35   Link #114
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
The series has always had the stamp of "We are building to Hiromi + Shin is it too obvious", the only thing that makes me wonder is the kiss in episode 11. It's odd for the staple of most romance shows to take place a few episodes before the end, with a mild positive reaction but without much impact at all, especially when the other main female has not had that same event yet. If there's any small degree of possibility that the writers could surprise is, it's because of that.
Well, I think there are a number of obvious storytelling reasons why they did that.

Spoiler for Up to Episode 12:
Old 2008-03-23, 16:50   Link #115
Theowne
耳をすませば

I see the words "episode 12" in your post, which I haven't watched yet, so I'll get back to you after I see it

Old 2008-03-24, 06:53   Link #116
takercena

My Analysis = Shin x Hiromi
My Hope = Shin x Noe (plz )
Bad Ending = they kill each other
Old 2008-03-24, 10:01   Link #117
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sure enough, my bet is on Hiromi 70% to 30% (for Noe).
Lol. Good numbers, as it has statistical evidence for that chracter archetype.

Seriously speaking, I'm on those numbers as well, but not for the same reasons.

That is, I don't really buy the OST evidence even if I don't try to let factors outside of a story affect me. It's based on the assumption that for the song in the end, it has to be one of the OSTs. In particular, track 30, where it has only been played halfway in one of the episodes. But as we all know, there are anime in which a song doesn't get played fully throughout in its entire run, so there exists that possiblity.

But that's not all. In these type of anime, they usually play a song with lyrics in the very end, and not an instrumental piece. (Most recent example, KimiKiss) As such, I really don't think any of the songs in the OST will be played at all as the ending theme.

It's true though that one can argue that the current ED (which is really a rearranged track 30 with lyrics) is the most likely one to be played, like with a lot of romance anime that plays an extended version of their ED. However, it is also known that True Tears is not above using an insert song that hasn't been released yet nor is included in the OST, and so it gives a huge doubt to that arguement as new inserts in the final episode is commonplace enough from the anime I have seen.

So as much as I want to believe it being a die hard HiromiXShin shipper, I really don't buy that particular piece of evidence. While it might very well be the case that OST track 30 or Sekai no Namida will be played, there still exists a big possiblity they won't either. So IMO, basing predictions on the outcome of this series from its music is dodgy at best, but that's just me.

Still, the OST is damn amazing, but then again I'm very biased as the entire collection seems to belong to an RPG game. But this comment is in the wrong thread lol.

EDIT: Lol, forgot to state the reason why I think 70/30.

I thought that way in episode 11 because of the storybook (see episode 11 thread for details). And its still that way, as episode 12 is so chockful of Shin thinking about Noe, of which can be argued as with the story book in 11 that Noe is starting to seep in his heart.

However, in spite all that, he does all that thinking inside Hiromi's bare old room. Considering that that decision isn't a conscious act, that the room is devoid of any comfort, and most importantly it's out of habit (he does all his thinking before in his bed), we can look further into it as a clue to his character. The way I interpret it is that despite the topic on hand is about Noe, he's still thinking with Hiromi's best intentions in mind. After all, he said that he'll do EVERYTHING properly (a promise to Hiromi no less), and if we take that literally he has to do the storybook about Jibeta and Raigomaru properly as well. As such him thinking about Noe in this episode leans more against it being romantic rather than for it with all that in mind.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2008-03-24 at 10:31.
Old 2008-03-24, 10:03   Link #118
ZODDGUTS

I pretty much agree with relentlessflame I see it happening that way and the whole thing with Hiromi "saying don't leave me alone" and her taking of her slippers is a big indication of what's going to happen in the next episode between Shin and Hiromi.
Old 2008-03-24, 10:14   Link #119
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But that's not all. In these type of anime, they usually play a song with lyrics in the very end, and not an instrumental piece. (Most recent example, KimiKiss) As such, I really don't think any of the songs in the OST will be played at all as the ending theme.
I'm actually hoping that the scene I envisioned happens more so at the 10-15 min mark than the end, sorta like the last episode of KGNE. Unlike Kimikiss this won't have a DVD episode so I'm hoping for a decent length epilogue at the end.
Old 2008-03-24, 11:55   Link #120
Theowne
耳をすませば

Even though I personally prefer Noe's character, the series seems to me to be following the trend of certain other anime I have seen. There are still tidbits that may push the story in another direction, but I would still guess Hiromi just based on the traditional anime conventions. Here's what I think will happen in episode 13, just my prediction, no spoilers.

In the first half, Noe and Shin will have a discussion, Noe will see the picture book, she will be happy, there will be some sort of continuation of the "the place you can fly from isn't here" sentiment expressed by her. I can envision there will be some sort of "goodbye kiss" probably prompted by Noe just because they haven't done it so far, and then Noe will end it. I'm taking the opinion that Noe will be driving the "break-up" just because she has been controlled by the actions of Shin, Jun, and Hiromi in the past few episodes and I imagine the resolution will have her taking control of her own situation. It seems more likely that it will be a "sad but happy" moment if you know what I mean.

The second half will probably feature the reunion of Shin+Hiromi without any tension and the traditional anime romance ending, you know what to expect.

I have no idea what will happen with Jun. I highly doubt that there will be a Jun + Noe ending.

Well, that's my guess. But hey, writers, if you guys want to give me a surprise Shin+Noe ending I won't complain

Closed Thread