Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-28, 23:29   Link #1221
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Awesome skit at Anime Boston 2010. Won 1st place in the Master's division. Live action rendition of the Ragna vs Jin encounter.

Amazing effort.~
I agree. I want to see how v-13's skit would work XD
Old 2010-04-29, 04:48   Link #1222
Tsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversyko View Post
awesome skit at anime boston 2010. Won 1st place in the master's division. Live action rendition of the ragna vs jin encounter.

amazing effort.~
wonderful.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 04:10   Link #1223
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

For those who care about new stages/fighting venues, 2 new ones for the console version of CS have been unveiled.

Area in front of two drawbridges. My guess is they are ones leading into Kagutsuchi from the nearby Ronin-GAI. Background also gives a very detailed look at Kagutsuchi's very futuristic appearance.

Kagutsuchi Museum. I s'pose this can be considered the "bonus" area like the Circus was in CT. What I'm wondering is if that Fossilized T-Rex is affected by 3D effects or even moves like that face in Orient Town.
Old 2010-04-30, 05:20   Link #1224
Tsuchi

Seeing that museum I inevitably remember Bioshock.

I hope I'm not the only one.
Old 2010-04-30, 06:24   Link #1225
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Apparently the Japanese version of CS console version will only have Japanese text and the English voices will only be available for fights not story mode cutscenes and only the US version will have the multi-lingual features (English and Japanese voices for every part of the game, English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean text). Not confirmed, but someone on Dustloop claims to have emailed ArcSys and that they replied by telling him this.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showp...postcount=2667
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 10:24   Link #1226
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Why would you even think about having 1-hit KO moves in any competitive environment? I reckon they'll just be ignored as in Guilty Gear. At least I didn't see anyone pull that off when I was in Japan.

Also btw that catgirl whatsitsname seems to have a really simple infinite (like, a 2-move infinite)? At least until you hit the edge of the screen (and for a good number of hits on the wall, too)... or at least I saw one guy pull it off quite a few times in Japan.
It's no infinite at all.

Tao's taunt loop has a really strict timing and if you whiff it you eat a sweet counterhit, considering she has the least health and worst defence and no reversals until she has 50% meter to splash on a CA.

The 7k loop you guys are talking about is only possible if you score a CH 2C or manage to hit the opponent with a 6C. These are two rare setups and given the fact that BBCS has new burst mechanics the opponent may burst right away, in fact I'd say that their purpose is to force the opponent to use a burst rather than actually hoping to deal 7k damage.

Her regular loop has 6 repetitions, and it deal AT MOST 4k damage, which is high but not rediculous since other characters deal even more damage (hello Litchi, hello Ragna) with meterless combos that require much less effort.

So it really ain't a broken mechanic at all. Japanese players don't even regard Tao as a S tier or A tier character because even if she has this loop she really doesn't excel in defense, her combos don't grant any okizeme at all unlike the top tier characters and she still has the same weaknesses she had in CT (poor antiair on ground, air vs air not that good).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 13:01   Link #1227
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so you guys hear about that guy who beat 13 out of 14 players (including Dora) in a 14 on 14? surprise, he plays bang.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showp...&postcount=460

here's the collection..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 13:12   Link #1228
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so you guys hear about that guy who beat 13 out of 14 players in a 14 on 14? surprise, he plays bang.
Yes, Satoshi, supposedly ranks 2nd in Club Sega of Tokyo. 1st of Club Sega is Goro, the Lambda player who then owned the 9 final matches vs Kanagawa.

Satoshi also beat Dora in his own game, just last month he lost to Dora.

EDIT: Dora ranks 1st in Gamechariot.

EDIT: The tournament is this: http://www.gamechariot.com/g3_100322_1st.html

You can download all the matches there.

Its a 14 vs 14 tournament with 4 districts, Tokyo, Chiba, Saitama and Kanagawa.

Tokyo defeated Chiba, Kanagawa defeated Saitama and Tokyo defeats Kanagawa in the finals.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2010-04-30 at 13:25.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 16:50   Link #1229
Tsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so you guys hear about that guy who beat 13 out of 14 players (including Dora) in a 14 on 14? surprise, he plays bang.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showp...&postcount=460

here's the collection..
I don't know what to think.

These battles look one-sided and they mostly lack variety, I've felt like I've seen the same combo over and over. But that could be precisely because of the previous statement.

But this guy is pretty scary, putting aside the 'little detail' of Bang being S-Tier. Such a thing doesn't warrant this enormous amount of victories. I wonder how would he do with other characters.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:51   Link #1230
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Tiers are usually not that important in the Japanese fighting scene.

Still, the game's pretty new and it will probably take at least 8 more months before things stabilize enough to have a more polished tier list. It's common to have overdominating characters in the first few months. But with the excellent balance the GG games achieved, I have high hopes for this game.

Quote:
It's no infinite at all.
I know, it was just a random observation from people playing there. I'm more used to setups like that requiring gauge in GGAC.

I've finally decided to pick Litchi as my main but I'm sort of discouraged because of her high tier ranking... but being a rather tricky character to master, it shouldn't be that bad. I also usually play Chinese chicks in most fighting games (Chun, Jam).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 18:59   Link #1231
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ wouldn't say tricky to master. your opponent guesses a block wrong, 4k combo... haha.

i'm pretty happy, since arksys takes a large amount of feedback from the japanese scene, bang should be knocked down quite a bit in the coming rebalance.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:57   Link #1232
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
....You think he is scary now? Imagine what will happen if he gets Hakumen or Ragna. That would definitely be uncool for everyone on the opposing side.

The guy has talent, acknowledge him for that.
Why would he be better in Hakumen or Ragna?

He's already doing the best with the best character in the game.

Anyway that guy, Satoshi, used to be a Nu player in CT.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2010-04-30 at 20:37.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 20:25   Link #1233
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
^^ wouldn't say tricky to master. your opponent guesses a block wrong, 4k combo... haha.
Tricky for me, at least. I'm not too used to "gimmicky" characters with different modes.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 21:23   Link #1234
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Tiers are usually not that important in the Japanese fighting scene.

Still, the game's pretty new and it will probably take at least 8 more months before things stabilize enough to have a more polished tier list.
lol, it's about to get a rebalance anyway in addition to a new character so current tier lists are about to be thrown out the window. And their probably will be a 3rd version of BB in 10-12 months time anyway.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 21:24   Link #1235
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Tricky for me, at least. I'm not too used to "gimmicky" characters with different modes.
You won't really switch between the two that much, Litchi is better when keeping the staff and she only releases it during combo or in okizeme situations when she wants to force a mixup on the opponent.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 22:51   Link #1236
kyosak
poo

Would you guys recommend this game over SSF4?
Is this a good time to buy?
I've only ever played 3D fighting games xD
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 22:52   Link #1237
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wait until the summer and Continuum Shift comes out. i don't know if you should buy it over SSF4 though.

Old 2010-04-30, 23:39   Link #1238
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Would you guys recommend this game over SSF4?
Is this a good time to buy?
I've only ever played 3D fighting games xD
It's an awesome game on many aspects so would reccomend trying it.

Though if you don't give a crap about plot and just wanna play for the fighting aspect then just wait for Continuum Shift to release later this year.

If you do want to follow the story though, then I'd reccomend playing through all routes of Calamity Trigger's story mode first.
Old 2010-05-01, 00:06   Link #1239
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's an awesome game on many aspects so would reccomend trying it.

Though if you don't give a crap about plot and just wanna play for the fighting aspect then just wait for Continuum Shift to release later this year.

If you do want to follow the story though, then I'd reccomend playing through all routes of Calamity Trigger's story mode first.
Dude, don't say that. Most people would say "story in a fighting game... meh" before trying BlazBlue even though the plot's better than that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 00:23   Link #1240
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Dude, don't say that. Most people would say "story in a fighting game... meh" before trying BlazBlue even though the plot's better than that.
Well I wasn't trying to imply that it was a bad thing that it had a story behind it, I was just simply saying it would be easier to follow the story if you play Calamity Trigger first.

And I know some people just play fighting games for the fighting aspect and wouldn't give plot a second glance, which is why I said to wait for CS if that's all you're looking for.

My apologies if that sounded wrong on some degree.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360