Old 2011-08-08, 08:11   Link #381
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Should probably take this too PM's heh.
Old 2011-08-08, 13:23   Link #382
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which reminds me, as soon as servers are announced we really should try and pin a server for all us Asuki players to get together and have fun. Or bite eachothers heads of, depending on faction.

Probably goin' Republic just because everyone else is going Sith myself.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:32   Link #383
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Jedi Consular, once they actually allow non NA and EU players.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 14:31   Link #384
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm going to be the Official Jedi Knight or trooper of these forums!
Old 2011-08-08, 16:56   Link #385
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Well I already promised to go with a friend on a server playing sith... so nothing against being part of the republic somewhere else... trooper power! òÓy
Old 2011-08-08, 17:38   Link #386
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which reminds me, as soon as servers are announced we really should try and pin a server for all us Asuki players to get together and have fun. Or bite eachothers heads of, depending on faction.

Probably goin' Republic just because everyone else is going Sith myself.
Beh, goody two shoes republic! haha

I want to play a Sith Inquisitor; there's just something about shooting lightning from my fingertips

I'll probably roll a Jedi Consular as an alt, though; healing is my niche...

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 19:12   Link #387
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actually excited to see the final skill trees before I make a decision which class I'd like to play, but mostly it's likely going to be a Consular.
Old 2011-08-08, 20:00   Link #388
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
What players want from a MMO: a persistent world that feels alive, where your actions have consequences and make a difference in the world and your experience in it. The sky's the limit, and not a limited sandbox with virtual boundaries of cans and cant's.

What we have in MMO's now: a glorified numbers based progression system with superficial events/choices that don't really affect the world at all. Your "hero" is just as heroic as all the other players, which would be fine if it didn't feel so homogenous and "mathy" all the time.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this. I'd be lining up with my pocketbook wide open if someone released an online RPG that played exactly like Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Give me a big, wide-open sandbox where I can do anything, kill anything, blow anything up. I don't want to be a "hero," I just want to be another wanderer or adventurer in the grand scheme of things.

MMORPGs really need to take some cues from tabletop role-playing games. Most of those old-school AD&D games, our characters weren't epic Lord of the Rings-style heroes. We were just adventurers, mercenaries, people living in a vast world that was much larger than ourselves, trying to scrape by and make our fortunes. Kind of like how you feel throughout the first half of both FO3 and FONV--you're nothing amazing yet, just another wastelander, struggling to get through the next challenge.
Old 2011-08-08, 20:20   Link #389
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this. I'd be lining up with my pocketbook wide open if someone released an online RPG that played exactly like Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Give me a big, wide-open sandbox where I can do anything, kill anything, blow anything up. I don't want to be a "hero," I just want to be another wanderer or adventurer in the grand scheme of things.

MMORPGs really need to take some cues from tabletop role-playing games. Most of those old-school AD&D games, our characters weren't epic Lord of the Rings-style heroes. We were just adventurers, mercenaries, people living in a vast world that was much larger than ourselves, trying to scrape by and make our fortunes. Kind of like how you feel throughout the first half of both FO3 and FONV--you're nothing amazing yet, just another wastelander, struggling to get through the next challenge.
I bet you just cant WAIT for Fallout mmo
Old 2011-08-08, 20:40   Link #390
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I'm going to be the Official Jedi Knight or trooper of these forums!
Jedi Knight.

I'LL be the trooper.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 09:33   Link #391
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Just saw a bit of raid footage in EA livestream. The demo-group wiped on the first mid-boss, which sounds encouraging for the difficulty of raids in SWTOR.
Old 2011-08-16, 10:24   Link #392
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Smuggler. I am always the hit-and-run type.

Quote:
Why don't you create a female Jedi Consular and name her Sayaka Miki?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 10:35   Link #393
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The "Operation" shown in EA's Gamescom live stream just now:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 11:01   Link #394
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why don't you create a female Jedi Consular and name her Sayaka Miki?
Because my consular is going to be as old a geezer as the character creator is going to let me get away with.
Old 2011-08-16, 16:41   Link #395
Xion Valkyrie

It's kind of lame that you can 'jetpack' or 'force leap' to the turret, but can't actually land on it.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:49   Link #396
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Damn the Eternity Vault player demo looks pretty fucking impressive.
Old 2011-08-17, 04:53   Link #397
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Because my consular is going to be as old a geezer as the character creator is going to let me get away with.
Then I am going to be female smuggler who's as loli as she could get, so I can follow you around and make you look like a perverted oyaji lolicon jedi.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 16:40   Link #398
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Latest news: Star Wars the Old Republic just got Blood Bowl.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08...oduces-huttba/

Okay, so they call it Huttball. But come on, a game that looks like rugby filled with deadly traps and the clearance to kill your opponent? Yeah, Blood Bowl.

Can't wait to try it.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-08-18 at 03:00.
Old 2011-08-17, 18:53   Link #399
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then I am going to be female smuggler who's as loli as she could get, so I can follow you around and make you look like a perverted oyaji lolicon jedi. :D
Thanks a lot guys; already snickering at that mental image. Should you chaps actually pull this off, do share the imagery, please.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 03:37   Link #400
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A longer presentation of the Eternity Vault:

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows