AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 08:31   Link #241
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makall View Post
Is Owari no Chronicle like a prequel to Horizon? Does this thread encompass the OnC novels as well?
It's forerunner in the timeline. No.....different series, but inevitable due to overlap....it's the same verse after all..
Old 2011-11-04, 09:30   Link #242
black_cat1

Reading vol 1 "Shita".

Asama is so cute

Spoiler:
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 10:51   Link #243
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Oh wait, you're the guy who's handling the infodump! :-o
I'm the Wiki guy, nice to see you here!
>Location: Philippines
I am sensing a trend here...

But anyway nice to meet you too o/
I did a lot of updates to the glossary, etc. etc. btw, so you might wanna update the Wiki too, if you'll still be using the stuff from that. Usually around 2-5 updates a week, depending on how many changes there are (i.e. once on Sundays, X number of times something was mistranslated/changed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
How does Slicing Dragonfly work?

When Muneshige stuck it inside his chest to stop the reflection, why didn't it just reflect his innards and cut him apart from the inside?
My take on this is that his blood dirtied the blade and prevented his actual image from being reflected on the blade itself, so he couldn't get cut. Makes sense to me anyway!
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 15:31   Link #244
serpiente

Just want to say a BIG THANKS to everyone involved in the translation of Horizon LN. Is such a brave enterprise! I was reading the Prologue and, for the writing style, it has some "biblical" ring to it, I guess that was intended by the author originally?, since the work corpus is called Genesis. Anyway, great work! Congratulations! I will be reading more and checking for updates from time to time
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 15:38   Link #245
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
I already did Chapter 2. Imoutolover did Chapter 1 and Yoake no Hikari is working on the prologue.

We need more translators or this will take forever. If only TP and js would consider this...
Imoutolover is Allen I think, and I'm guessing YnH is Icy.Tear here (I'm just guessing by avatar). If this is the case, we have the entire team also posting on this forum, along with the wiki and infodump gurus.

This is pretty amazing, since I don't think any other LN series is gathering that much resources in the same place. I mean BT is the best place for translators, but adding wiki and infodump is huge support for the fan community.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 16:45   Link #246
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

The prologue is pretty long.

Funnier still, the size of the web page in 30 pages is nearly the same as 45 pages of other LNs.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 21:51   Link #247
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
If I rate it, it would be like this

Haganai - Lv 5
Horizon - Lv 99

Indeed it was a huge step up in difficulty. I have quite a lot of confidence in my Japanese but I always lose them when reading this book. I usually finish a book in 2 to 3 hours, but Horizon 1B took me 12 (or more I think).

Kawakami created his own universe and divided it into stages. These stages share some settings but is independent from each other.

stuopidget made a post regarding stages difference here.
Thanks for the info.

I just started keeping a notebook, so I didn't have to keep banging my electronic dictionary every 30 seconds for stuff that I had probably just looked up 20 minutes ago. (That, and a separate notebook to keep track of names, because there are too damn many people to keep track of!)
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 22:03   Link #248
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Thanks for the info.

I just started keeping a notebook, so I didn't have to keep banging my electronic dictionary every 30 seconds for stuff that I had probably just looked up 20 minutes ago. (That, and a separate notebook to keep track of names, because there are too damn many people to keep track of!)
I recommend rereading the book if you got the time (after you've gone through it once). Not only you get to practice the vocabularies you have learned from it, the plot makes more sense during the second time.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 23:37   Link #249
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Are those two dakimakura (Koni and Nobu right?) that Asama is so fond of shooting even human?
Old 2011-11-05, 01:08   Link #250
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Are those two dakimakura (Koni and Nobu right?) that Asama is so fond of shooting even human?
You mean the ones during the "haunted school" party for episode 3? Go back to episode 3 and watch very carefully the inside of the carriage when Masazumi is talking to her father and his friend.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 07:57   Link #251
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Picked up "volumes" 2-4 at Tora no Ana, and got a bunch of freebies. Couple of clear files (well, opaque), one with Horizon Front/Nate Back and one with Date Front/Gin Back, and 2 sets of shiny postcards; of Seijun, Nate Maman, and Anne d'Autriche. All of the illustrations were from the covers of the various books. (You can really get a good look at the mechanical bits of Gin's arms. Interesting.)

The deal was that I had to buy everything from 2上 to 4中 to get it all. Man, that was heavy. And expensive.

Also, OnC is very readily available, it seems, all through vol. 7. It's just a matter of not throwing my back out carrying it home on the train. :P I picked up the first two volumes for now. I'll skim through and see if I like it first. If it's like Horizon, though, I'll be back in a couple of weeks.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 08:49   Link #252
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You mean the ones during the "haunted school" party for episode 3? Go back to episode 3 and watch very carefully the inside of the carriage when Masazumi is talking to her father and his friend.
O_____o

Ok......I think my brain just melted....
Old 2011-11-05, 09:01   Link #253
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Picked up "volumes" 2-4 at Tora no Ana, and got a bunch of freebies. Couple of clear files (well, opaque), one with Horizon Front/Nate Back and one with Date Front/Gin Back, and 2 sets of shiny postcards; of Seijun, Nate Maman, and Anne d'Autriche. All of the illustrations were from the covers of the various books. (You can really get a good look at the mechanical bits of Gin's arms. Interesting.)

The deal was that I had to buy everything from 2上 to 4中 to get it all. Man, that was heavy. And expensive.

Also, OnC is very readily available, it seems, all through vol. 7. It's just a matter of not throwing my back out carrying it home on the train. :P I picked up the first two volumes for now. I'll skim through and see if I like it first. If it's like Horizon, though, I'll be back in a couple of weeks.
I want that Gin and Nate freebies too.

Man, 2上~4中 are like 18 bunkos, add the 2 OnC books and you're carrying like a total of 20 bunkos on your way home. I will say otsukaresama~

OnC is kinda like Horizon. If you liked the negotiations, tactical battles, humors and interesting characters, you'll love it. I think it's a bit easier read than Horizon, but still hard nonetheless ---it's Kawakami's book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I only skimmed 1A so I am not sure, but I think one of those 2 are Asama's dad?
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 10:47   Link #254
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Imoutolover is Allen I think, and I'm guessing YnH is Icy.Tear here (I'm just guessing by avatar). If this is the case, we have the entire team also posting on this forum, along with the wiki and infodump gurus.

This is pretty amazing, since I don't think any other LN series is gathering that much resources in the same place. I mean BT is the best place for translators, but adding wiki and infodump is huge support for the fan community.
Jud., Jud., the entire team is really here. And seeing more people get interested in Kawakami's works are making me feel a little like the fans in the 2ch thread when a new kawakamya appeared and started talking about his experience with the novels

Quote:
I only skimmed 1A so I am not sure, but I think one of those 2 are Asama's dad?
There were five people there: Nobutan and Konitan attacked... No, they got ZUDON'ed in the end by Asama

The other three you can read a little about them here (end of the page). It's in the novel too, but it's impossible to remember them in the first time you read. I think that Asama's father is/was like them too, but he already reached the "true end", so who knows if he still does these kind of things anymore lol.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 10:49   Link #255
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Just a heads up to all the translators who worked on Horizon thus far. Good work guys.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 10:55   Link #256
larethian

yes, thanks for falling into our 'trap'. ......kidding. great work.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 12:11   Link #257
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Does this mean we're getting reinforcements?

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-11-05, 13:02   Link #258
serpiente

From the Prologue translated in Baka Tsuki:

The anime version is quite well done, they have captured well the LN designs, and faithfully translated to their animated counterparts, both characters and universe.

They have added (anime version) some scenes to help characterization, like Jirogiro selling spells, Margot and Marga leading the aerial charge, and little-and-a-bit- clumsy girl lancer aproching sensei first, with an attack masterfully animated.

On the other hand, explanation about social-political situation by Oriotorai sensei were more clear in the book.

We get a little more development over P-01s, she is trying to make her own recipe for a breakfast, learning and honing shopkeeper“s skills.

I get the feeling from the novel that the students caused quite a ruckus over Musashi, with people gambling upon them, others cheering up, etc. in a much lively way than in the anime.
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 14:44   Link #259
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Does this mean we're getting reinforcements?
Is this an actual project now? I thought you guys are still on the recruiting stage.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 15:04   Link #260
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Well, if Alice and Allen continue to translate, I plan on finishing this project.

There's no recruiting stage in BT. It jumps directly from proposed to start working whenever we want to.

However, there was some talk about js06 and Ping translating if there were three dedicated translators.

Larethian's definition of dedicated would be 300kb a month, and I think that's pretty possible for some of us.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen