AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-27, 00:03   Link #1
Letharginator

Recommendations

Any series on anime suki that you would suggest to a guy with too much free time? I'm generally into action, but I've enjoyed a few anime comedies. Some subed series I've liked include Naruto, Hajime no Ippo, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Gungrave, and Saiyuki Reloaded. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 2004-04-27, 02:16   Link #2
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letharginator
Any series on anime suki that you would suggest to a guy with too much free time? I'm generally into action, but I've enjoyed a few anime comedies. Some subed series I've liked include Naruto, Hajime no Ippo, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Gungrave, and Saiyuki Reloaded. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I think the right section for this might be "suggestions" (which is a whole forum dedicated to this question) instead of "fansubs" .... but I'll give ya an answer anyway.

I'm gonna recommend hunter x hunter though. great series, fits with the whole "shounen action" motif pretty well, worth tracking down. Get the superb anime-kissaten releases up to whatever the last they released is, then work on finding akufansubs versions of the rest.
Old 2004-04-27, 02:19   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Judging by what you want, the perfect choice would be:

One Piece - Fun action anime with lots of battles featuring outrageous powers and shocking brutality. Topped off with lots of outrageous physical humor. It is just plain one of the most purely fun anime I have ever watched.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-27, 22:18   Link #4
donna8157

Recs

I would say:

Rurouni Kenshin - Great samurai series! About a man who had killed so many before, but now has changed his motto into "non-killing". Wonderful characters and great action sequences.

Juuni Kokki- Great series with a great storyline. It's hard to come by series like these nowadays. ^_^ Kind of a mix between Fushigi Yuugi and Inuyasha.
Old 2004-04-28, 03:58   Link #5
supershenlon
Nine Tailed Demon Dragon

I recommend TokyoUnderground since it is only 26 episodes long and Shadow Skill and of course Fooly Cooly and robably Bakahetsu Tenshi
Old 2004-04-28, 10:54   Link #6
Jesushalero
Landmindmaster

Send a message via AIM to Jesushalero
Try out Getbackers, its good for wasting time.
Old 2004-04-28, 16:34   Link #7
7thMethuselah

I think he's asking about unlicensed series

My suggestions are

Peace Maker Kurogane : historical series about the shinsengumi

Daphne in the Brilliant blue : action comedy about chicks with guns

Tokyo Underground : Main characters girlfriends get kidnapped by people who have elemental powersand live underneath Tokyo. he follows them in an attempt to rescue them (kinda like GetBackers but GB was better)
Closed Thread