AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-01-05, 22:52   Link #181
Fixen
ZnT Translator

Hey all. I'm not particularly into the subbing business, but I thought you guys might like this.

http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e.html
Fixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 00:15   Link #182
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

I remember that site ...i spent one of my Saturdays doing all that stuff...with a 84% success rate...radical except that i really wanted to wrap that into an effect but lack of creativity defeats the purpose of that knowledge.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 13:50   Link #183
Rappunzelt

Hello again, i could compress the rbg in a rar and work

no, i just have a question i heard about overlay a scrip in after effects
how is that?

i dont have any idea about what it means
Rappunzelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 16:32   Link #184
Devastator

Overlay is a method of taking a video and overlapping it on top of another video. In the sense of karaoke and typesetting signs, it's usually taking a video that is encoded in RGBA and using the alpha levels to determine what should be visible (and to what level) of the video being overlayed and overlap that onto the original video (ie. an anime episode). The desired result being what you saw while working on the projectlet for said sign / karaoke in AFX for that particular interval of the video.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 07:41   Link #185
Be!

Arrow

Hi Every one ..
I'm person training to have Skill in That AFX..

i'm can now doing Effcts but I dont know how I can Timer The Karaoke ..
and how I Enter Video I the same AFX for I see The Effcts In the same video.

- and I have one point.. SSA Import, That I think tool for timing but I dont Know How I used

I hope to find The Ansewer..

And I'm sorry to bad my laung..

Last edited by Be!; 2007-01-17 at 07:58.
Be! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 09:01   Link #186
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Thats some very bad english lol. Basically you use aegisub/ssa/sabbu/medusa/whatever for timing the ass/ssa script (you can time in AE too though), and then you import it with shinji's import script or ssa import of paul tuersley (iirc).

Those two script both create layers, where shinji's creates a layer per line, and paul's creates a layer per syllable, but has a nice 'gui' on the contrary if you dont know how adding effects is done.

Quote:
^^^ dont understand that line though
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 11:04   Link #187
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be!
I believe he means the rendering?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 12:30   Link #188
Be!

Quote:
Basically you use aegisub/ssa/sabbu/medusa/whatever for timing the ass/ssa script
Ok, I can do Kara with aegisub by The Normal Codes.. But That point I dont get it ok ..
ok let me Ask.. "some stupid question" ..
-Are mean I do Kara with Normal codes and making Effcts by AF?

Quote:
you can time in AE too though
-Can you explain this, plz?

Quote:
I'm sorry about that's mistakes.. I was mean How Can I Enter The Video which has The Sound of kara? or How can Enter one Es of Anime in the program?

Quote:
import it with shinji's import script or ssa import of paul tuersley
That's point Exatly I dont understand , I tryied many times to import ssa import but The program Dont want to takingT_T, And from where can I get shinji's import script ? and How Exatly can I used?

Quote:
Those two script both create layers, where shinji's creates a layer per line, and paul's creates a layer per syllable, but has a nice 'gui' on the contrary if you dont know how adding effects is done.

Quote:
I believe he means the rendering?
I mean, I want seeing The effcts In the original vidoe, just like aegisub T_T

And I hope someone Explain That In full detail.. i'm so so so sorry If I caused the problems, or tired.

I'm Super new about that AFX? But Im very old about kara..

forgive me ..

--my best wishes
Old 2007-01-18, 06:36   Link #189
G.U.N.D.A.M

here's a question i saved my project in a jsx extension and sent it to the encoder how can he encode the song without using AFX ?

Last edited by G.U.N.D.A.M; 2007-01-18 at 06:58.
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 10:13   Link #190
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
Ok, I can do Kara with aegisub by The Normal Codes.. But That point I dont get it ok ..
ok let me Ask.. "some stupid question" ..
-Are mean I do Kara with Normal codes and making Effcts by AF?
You are meant to time in ssa/ass to {\k} style karaoke, so the timecodes can be read into after effects.

Quote:
-Can you explain this, plz?
Just make a text layer, split the syllables by a space, make that space size zero (in character/paragraph window) so its not visible, then add a property like size or opacity, set the 'based on' in the advanced submenu of the range selector of the animator to 'words', and you can set "Units" to index too, as you dont really need to work with percentages.

Then you can set keyframes at the time a syllable is sung.. basically this is all the script does for you when you time it in \k style with aegisub or something alike.

Quote:
I'm sorry about that's mistakes.. I was mean How Can I Enter The Video which has The Sound of kara? or How can Enter one Es of Anime in the program?
I recommend using the same audio clip as to which you timed it too, and to just load just the OP or ED, instead of a whole episode. Then recoding it to a lossless codec would be better too, but DivX works too (Xvid doesnt.. change FourCC and bitcode or so to divx if you want it to work). Basically, to import footage you need to doubleclick in the project window, then browse to the file (i do hope you knew that).

Quote:
That's point Exatly I dont understand , I tryied many times to import ssa import but The program Dont want to takingT_T, And from where can I get shinji's import script ? and How Exatly can I used?
you dont import a script into your project, you "File -> Scripts -> Run Script File..." and then browse to the script. Then a window will popup (in case of ssa import).

Quote:
I mean, I want seeing The effcts In the original vidoe, just like aegisub T_T
If you import the video as i described earlier.. drag it to your comp (or make a comp of the video size by dragging it onto the 'film' icon at the bottom of the project window). Then you'll see it in your composition window (as its part of the composition).

Maybe you should look for some tutorials or so, or maybe someone that speaks your native language, then it'll be much easier to understand i think.

Quote:
here's a question i saved my project in a jsx extension and sent it to the encoder how can he encode the song without using AFX ?
How did you save your project to a javascript file? Basically, as has been said many times in this topic, you render the video to a lossless RGBA Straight clip (only the karaoke, not OP/ED) which then can be overlayed by the encoder. Or you encode it directly from after effects (the whole episode that is), or you encode the clip in xvid/divx or something else and paste it in every episode.
Old 2007-01-18, 15:35   Link #191
G.U.N.D.A.M

i opened the project using notepad then copied everything then i opened extend script toolkit then i pasted what i copied >>> wouldn't that do any good ?
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 16:24   Link #192
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Nope.. thats no good.. you really need to render it and send that to the encoder. If the encoder doesnt have AE, there is no way that some other program could understand what is in that file.
Old 2007-01-23, 17:40   Link #193
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

For the people that use shinji's script, which uses many range selectors in animator for tracking amount to remove those extra spaces, I just found another solution (sleeping less actually stimulates the mind, or having had a calculus exam does).

Instead of many range selectors, just add an expression selector and apply the following expression to 'Amount'.
Code:
if (text.sourceText[textIndex-1] == " " && text.sourceText[textIndex] != " ") { amount = [100,100,100]; } 
else { amount = [0,0,0]; }
amount
Don't know if shinji's script does make double space between words already seperated ("Same_kai_yumeni" should become "Sa_me__kai __yu_me_ni"), but it works for that. Saves you a lot of trouble when the lyrics get 'updated'. You can still link the Tracking Amount to a slider value.
Old 2007-01-28, 12:07   Link #194
Be!

Hi , again..

Know I know how I do kara, thanks to you guys,

but, must to traninig on that,

Ok, Now i want to do logo like anime "D.gray man" , ko , I do it bu Photoshop but there proplem The storks in font will dont found in after effect .. ! but why?
can you see in that link ..
http://www.q8boy.com/uploads/7bda2257e0.jpg
lol, it is nice logo ..

there other question, can I put that effct in vedio by , "VirtualDubMod" ?
I know I do it by the same program, but i hate that, becuse.. it want just divx or wav .. ect

now, Excuse me, I will study hard, I have Exams long that two weeks,
I hope, get 98% .. lol..

Thank you at all..
Old 2007-01-28, 19:53   Link #195
Grave

You can just import and use the file from photoshop -_-
you dont need to make it in AE.
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 02:07   Link #196
DreXam
Dream's High Tension.

Be!

there's two way:
first you can do the logo in photoshop then import it from AE and make the effect you want. finally just save it with a black background and use avisynth to insert it into the real video.
second you can do all things using just AE and the same steps above goes on.

the first way is the most common i think XD and for d.gray logo i think it's the best to use... i am not sure about the divx logo you're talking about it but you should use xvid as far as i know.

well, wait for any pro might answer you. XD
DreXam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 17:38   Link #197
abo taha

hi guys

i finished doing the karoke in AFX

but when i export it as AVI the size is very big(i choose not to compress it)

so, i can't PUT THIS IN THE VIDEO

so, what's the solution?

>>>>>>>if there's another way please >>Explain
abo taha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 17:59   Link #198
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abo taha View Post
but when i export it as AVI the size is very big(i choose not to compress it)

so, i can't PUT THIS IN THE VIDEO

so, what's the solution?

>>>>>>>if there's another way please >>Explain
First off, don't use uncompressed, Lagarith works wonders. Plus I don't think uncompressed actually output an RGBA video for me.

If you plan to go the RGBA route, as was stated before, go to the Output Module (or create a new one through the settings) with RGB + Alpha for channels and Straight (Unmatted) for Color. If not, then you can probably use RGB and Premultiplied (Matted).

Under Video Output, select Lagarith and Configure. If you want RGBA output, make sure the mode is in RGBA (at any point, if you use RGB for Lags in say VirtualDub, you'll need to revert it back to RGBA or you'll get RGB regardless of the other Video Output settings). If you don't want RGBA, you can probably just not care about the mode.

Once you have your video output, if it is in RGB, then use the Trim function in AviSynth in order to insert the rendered video where the karaoke is. If you use RGBA, you should probably resort to using one of the Insert scripts in this very thread (or look up Overlay).
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:20   Link #199
leekbi

Can anyone reupload the script, because i couldnt access to that site to dl the script
thanks
leekbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 16:29   Link #200
niko
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to niko
Anyone have shinjis video tutorial?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote