AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-17, 00:49   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Soticoto: the purpose of this thread was orginally short... just to introduce the group as a formal structure and their logo. Everything else has been kind of off the rail.

@lolipedofin: There's great instructions at http://www.declan-software.com/japanese_ime/ for japan-ifying your computer without messing up the english parts.

Yes, your browser should be able to after you do the installation I've linked to (hopefully you're using Firefox). You should also be able to type in Romaji and have the computer automatically convert to -kana script though its not *really* convenient. You will *probably* need your Windows OS disk depending on what version of Windows you run to get the necessary system files.

Lastly, I ask people to use "JP" if they want to shorten "japanese" ... I've not seen "japz" before but if it is slang for "jap" or "japs" ..... well, please don't as it is considered extremely derogatory I see you're a new member so be sure to read the forum rules. The mods actually enforce them.
Old 2006-09-17, 01:05   Link #42
lolipedofin

Thanx 4 d info,, i am using firefox,, and sorry for my abbreviation, the other forum i've joined, is okay with that,,, i'll be careful next time.... sorry again everyone...
Old 2006-09-17, 02:31   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm afraid to ask what forum thinks the racial epithet "jap" is okay and what other racial epithets they allow. I guess historical context is all too easily forgotten or never learned.

Anyway, hope the instructions work.
Old 2006-09-17, 03:52   Link #44
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm afraid to ask what forum thinks the racial epithet "jap" is okay and what other racial epithets they allow. I guess historical context is all too easily forgotten or never learned.

Anyway, hope the instructions work.
No offense, but I think you're just being bitchy. I don't see why the Japanese would be offended if anyone used "Jap" to refer to them, unless they MEAN to be racial. Most people just do it because they're too lazy to type the whole word. Seriously, if they're offended by something that's not MEANT to offend them, then they're way too sensitive. Just because it WAS used as a racial term many years ago, it doesn't mean it's used as one now.
Old 2006-09-17, 05:05   Link #45
Zelos_Zalis
Only 70% Neutral

This will probably be modded without my imput but I would like to note that to those it would offend (and so nobody gets the wrong idea, I'm not one of them) It doesn't really matter if it was ment in that sense or not, because if that word offends someone all logic usually leaves the floor once its read. For example a group of players were playing a MMORPG and were losing and someone made the comment "looks like we have a 8%&* in the armor" (never can be too careful folks ) and one of the players in the party happened to be of the proper nationality to be offended, once server admins had been brought into it things were quickly found to be a misunderstanding but It took that much for that person to see logic again. while it may seem foolish. Its better off to prevent uneccessary conflicts before they happen. so I think others would agree with me its easier for people to just mind their manners rather than go through a highly uneccessary conflict.

Last edited by Zelos_Zalis; 2006-09-17 at 07:54.
Old 2006-09-17, 05:06   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
No offense, but I think you're just being bitchy.
And one could turn around and say that you're just being insensitive and uncaring for suggesting that it's "their fault if they get offended even when it wasn't meant that way!". It's all a matter of perspective. In any case, I fail to see why this is worth derailing the thread for. If you're aware a word could be seen by some as a racial slur, then why would you keep using it? To get a rise out of overly-sensitive people? Clearly, as you pointed out, those who use the word around here aren't aware of its history; upon being made aware, they can easily find another abbreviation. And that was the spirit in which the comment was given -- no "bitchiness" at all. Let's try to stay on topic...

(Edit: See also what Zelos_Zalis was writing at the same time. I hope it's over now.)
Old 2006-09-17, 12:30   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
No offense, but I think you're just being bitchy. I don't see why the Japanese would be offended if anyone used "Jap" to refer to them, unless they MEAN to be racial. Most people just do it because they're too lazy to type the whole word. Seriously, if they're offended by something that's not MEANT to offend them, then they're way too sensitive. Just because it WAS used as a racial term many years ago, it doesn't mean it's used as one now.
As two other posts answered what *should* have been intuitive, I don't need to repeat what they said. "many years ago" is in error because it continues to be used in the present day as an epithet. Since you aren't the target of the epithet... hmmm, just easier to suggest you review the forum rules about harassment and abuse since you're a new member.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-09-17 at 12:49.
Old 2006-09-17, 12:52   Link #48
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Instead of going through and deleting off-topic or insulting posts, I'll close this thread for now. If there's a real need for this thread, then maybe I'll go through it and weed it out, but for now, we'll let it rest.

Closed.
Old 2006-11-23, 11:23   Link #49
General_Norris
Ouendan member

A question about the Shuffle translation

A received my copy two days ago and I downloaded the patch to translate it. Hopwever the text appears a bit weird (Random spaces and random capital letters). Is this normal?

Sorry if this has been said to death but the translation thread was closed and it has too much pages to look for it.
Old 2007-12-23, 01:26   Link #50
Dessert

Hello!

This is an update about the current status of GamePatch staff and website.

In October, Lordi, who is our web administrator, stopped coming online, and in all practicality went MIA (and still is), at that time, the website also went down. Recently, it has a wordpress setup page, which I am still investigating.
Heklin is currently in Japan, and doing well last I heard from him. There were problems with his lines, though he should have gotten internet by now, there were no promises.

As for the server bills, the actual website domain and servers are paid for through the next two years thanks to Heklin, so we are not sure whats going on with the site as I stated earlier. I will forward an email if/when I get some news about it.

The patch itself is technically completed, a few more scripts need to be edited, and the patch installer needs to be created, the issue is, Heklin is the only one with all the scripts available at this point, as my drive with the scripts crashed and burned. Me and other GamePatch staff are striving to contact Lordi or Heklin, and hope to get everything back in motion soon.

Thank you,
Dessert
Head of GamePatch Resources and Relations

EDIT: Read first post for more updates

PS: Can a mod delete the poll please? Thank you.

Last edited by Dessert; 2007-12-23 at 18:24.
Old 2007-12-26, 15:36   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You know, this is driving me nuts and I don't even care for the series anymore. Thanks for the update and if there's anything we can do to assist, let us know. Sounds like the first thing that is needed is a number of archive points for work-in-progress.
Old 2007-12-31, 18:11   Link #52
Dessert

GamePatch website can now be found at www.game-patch.org

More information there.
Old 2008-01-04, 13:31   Link #53
Dxon
Inactive Member

Why cant I download the patches??
Old 2008-01-13, 11:32   Link #54
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
Why cant I download the patches??
maybe because you have to register........
Old 2008-01-14, 10:33   Link #55
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

; typical Dxon dont worry i made the same mistake in the past with something else
Old 2008-01-14, 11:07   Link #56
Dxon
Inactive Member

^^ Sooo... I have to register for the patch. Right... If I would register to that site then that means that that site is the 57th site I'd register to..
Getting spam in my mail box lately.. ^^

off topic??
Old 2008-01-14, 11:21   Link #57
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

methinks so, Better get bak on topic before relentlessflame gobbles us up lol, on topic ive seen the patch in action at a mates and i to get the random capital letters and weird symbols
Old 2008-01-14, 11:46   Link #58
Dxon
Inactive Member

I do have a little something to give a very crude translation. I might give it a shot for a tut on how to get that crude translation for a game. ^^
Old 2008-01-17, 23:01   Link #59
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

is this patch almost completed? i rmemeber goin to this one site that have all the progression for translation and shuffle! was in the progress of *editing* so.. almost done i guess? lol
Old 2008-01-19, 03:18   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Editing appears to be a journey, not a destination. They've apparently lost track of Heklin (main translator) *and* many of the working data-files-in-progress. It'd be a shame to lose that stuff -- the alpha test patch for the first 3 days actually looked quite decent.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, game patch, navel, romance, school life, translation