AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-11-23, 16:29   Link #421
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The only impression I ever got from 7 was that Max would never cheat on his wife

Beyond that, there was a surprising lack of information.

- Tak
Well, to be more specific, then:

There was that squadron leader ( The one who was a superior to Gamlin ) who openly dated two of the bridge bunnys simultaneously. Besides some wondering stares, nobody cared much.

And as for age of consent, letīs just take into consideration that Miria wanted to marry off her daughter to Gamlin at the age of *fourteen*.

Seeing how humanity got reduced to about 1% of its current population not even one generation ago, I can see how that could be a good thing.
Old 2008-11-23, 20:55   Link #422
Father Hentai

uhm. don't mix up marriage with sexual intimacy. in other foreign traditions the kids get married in younger ages already. see the arabian or even indian culture. may be not understandable in western culture but in fact this is something usual there. also remember in earlier centuries the royals also married their kids in young ages.

regarding the pilot who dated 2 the two bunnies. he did not play a bigger role and also he has the charismatic of a ladykiller. so this may be a possible example for a polygamy relationship even thouh this for sure does not last for long.
Old 2008-11-24, 05:43   Link #423
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
uhm. don't mix up marriage with sexual intimacy. in other foreign traditions the kids get married in younger ages already. see the arabian or even indian culture. may be not understandable in western culture but in fact this is something usual there. also remember in earlier centuries the royals also married their kids in young ages.
What, you think that Gamlin and Mylene wouldnīt have gone intimate, if Miria would have gotten her druthers and married Mylene off immediately?

You are, of course, right about kids getting married off at a young age in other cultures. Heck, even back into the nineteenth century, it wasnīt very unusual in Europe, either.
Old 2008-11-24, 14:24   Link #424
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
What, you think that Gamlin and Mylene wouldnīt have gone intimate, if Miria would have gotten her druthers and married Mylene off immediately?

You are, of course, right about kids getting married off at a young age in other cultures. Heck, even back into the nineteenth century, it wasnīt very unusual in Europe, either.
I would not say they will not have any intimate moments, but she has not the characteristica that she is "hungry" for love. If Mylene is a "still water
runs deep" then I missed it in the series or I was just dull to see it. Rather in comparision to Sivil or Rex or even the Flower Girl. Not to mention Emilia who is very attracted to Basara.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2008-11-24 at 15:28.
Father Hentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:58   Link #425
MFSxA

I've got a question regarding the translation of "Voices" in Macross Plus, which is the better translation?

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/macrplus/mpvoices.htm

or

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/macrplus/mpvoicee.htm
MFSxA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 20:45   Link #426
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm regarding archiving, who did you use for archiving purposes? Menclave stopped at like episode 15....anyone else that's good?
Old 2008-12-12, 02:37   Link #427
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

THORA. But they're doing the BD releases and their releases coincide with them.

It's a wait game at the moment... though people tend to like Lunar. I'm sticking with gg until further THORA releases. This just because it's what I downloaded first and getting Lunar's version would be a waste of time (they're a lot alike).

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:39   Link #428
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hmm regarding archiving, who did you use for archiving purposes? Menclave stopped at like episode 15....anyone else that's good?
Remember, only ask questions that can be addressed as simple facts answerable from some official source, such as the show. Don't ask for opinions like this.

(For instance, I'm still waiting for Shinsen to finish the show, but that's just my personal preference and probably not the answer you're looking for.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 02:31   Link #429
Eric10301

Got a couple questions after finishing this series yesterday.

Was the whole Macross Galaxy (ship) involved in the plot to take over the Vajra network or was it just Grace and the leaders of the vessel? They show her talking to various voices through her implants but I was curious who exactly it was.

On Earth who had built the city which was briefly shown? Was it the science team which was on the planet before the Vajra killed everyone?

How did that Macross end up on that one planet which Sheryl went to sing for the Zentradi on?
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 02:43   Link #430
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Note: I don't wish to spoil too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Was the whole Macross Galaxy (ship) involved in the plot to take over the Vajra network or was it just Grace and the leaders of the vessel? They show her talking to various voices through her implants but I was curious who exactly it was.
Yes, the Macross Galaxy is fully involved.

Its not who, thats entirely Grace, or rather, the consciousnesses that made up Grace.

Quote:
On Earth who had built the city which was briefly shown? Was it the science team which was on the planet before the Vajra killed everyone?
Ready for a brief history lesson?

Macross Frontier celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Macross series, which the original first aired all the way back in 1982. In the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross, an alien space ship crash landed on Earth in the year 1999, causing a technological boom for mankind since then. Humans soon learned the secrets of faster-than-light travel, and made other amazing discoveries. What followed was a war against an Alien race known as the Zentradi (which Klan is part of). After the war, peace was made between men and Zentradi (or at least one faction of it), and both were united to form the society that was presented to us in Macross Frontier. Amongst them, there are other Alien races such as the Zolans.

The ship you saw on Earth was the first of its kind, the ship that crash landed on Earth in the year 1999, which humans reverse-engineered it for their own use. It was disabled during mankind's war against the Zentradi and now serving as a memorial of sorts on Earth.

Quote:
How did that Macross end up on that one planet which Sheryl went to sing for the Zentradi on?
The Global is actually based on the original SDF-Macross I, which as I previously mentioned, acts as a memorial on Earth. It crash landed after the Vajra attacked it, killing most of the crew members but did leave a few survivors, such as Ranka.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 13:18   Link #431
March

Just a few corrections, the original ship is NOT disabled and it's NOT a memorial.

The ship seen in Macross Frontier on Earth is the U.N. Military Command Center and it is quite functional. The city surrounding the ship was built following the first war in the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series. Though the ship largely remains permanently berthed in it's city, we've briefly seen the ship in action again during the Sharon Apple Incident of 2040. Macross Frontier marks the first time we've seen the ship animated since the 2040s, so when Macross Frontier takes place in 2059, it's been 19 years.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 14:14   Link #432
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Just a few corrections, the original ship is NOT disabled and it's NOT a memorial.

The ship seen in Macross Frontier on Earth is the U.N. Military Command Center and it is quite functional. The city surrounding the ship was built following the first war in the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series. Though the ship largely remains permanently berthed in it's city, we've briefly seen the ship in action again during the Sharon Apple Incident of 2040.
Yeah, but its really not meant to be afloat and used as a mobile battlestation again, really. When it became operational during the Sharon Apple incident, it surprised everyone.

Although I admit I had forgotten about it being a command HQ.

No, it is NOT a memorial. My bad, spank me.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-12-13 at 14:28.
Old 2008-12-13, 14:26   Link #433
March

Quote:
Yeah, but its really not meant to be afloat and used as a mobile battlestation again, really. When it became operational during the Sharon Apple incident, it really everyone.

Although I admit I had forgotten about it being a command HQ.

No, it is NOT a memorial. My bad, spank me.

- Tak
Buy me dinner and I just might, ya big flirt
Old 2008-12-13, 14:36   Link #434
Tak

Quote:
Buy me dinner and I just might, ya big flirt
Come down here to the Sunny State, and I might do just that.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-12-13 at 15:01.
Old 2008-12-14, 13:31   Link #435
March

Hehehe

I'm actually still unclear about the nature of the Cybernetic Conspiracy. It's never revealed exactly who the other "people" are in the conspiracy with Grace. Were they part of her consciousness? Were they cybernetic beings simply controlled by Grace? Were they more powerful than her and Grace was actually just their agent? I'm hoping the Chronicle will shed some light on the issue.
Old 2008-12-14, 13:48   Link #436
Tak

Quote:
I'm actually still unclear about the nature of the Cybernetic Conspiracy. It's never revealed exactly who the other "people" are in the conspiracy with Grace. Were they part of her consciousness? Were they cybernetic beings simply controlled by Grace? Were they more powerful than her and Grace was actually just their agent? I'm hoping the Chronicle will shed some light on the issue.
In addition to the lack of info on the cybernetic consciousness, I was disappointed at the lack of info, and the lack of screen-time involved with the Zentradi fleet.

I was seriously hoping for them to show up at the last second of episode 24 and help the Frontier (as well as the SMS) kick some Vajra booty... alas, my expectations were in vein. *sheds a tear*

- Tak (The movie has much to live up to)

Old 2008-12-14, 15:32   Link #437
ipernorris

The planet Macross Frontier lands onto is said to be the "Vajra's homeplanet". Too bad Ranka says that Aimo is a love song Vajra uses when they reproduce, specifically when they met with groups of Vajra coming from different galaxies. If that's so how can they say that planet is the Vajra's homeplanet? Not to mention why creatures who live in space need an homeplanet to begin with? I think the planet is a plot-device to let humantradis on Frontier survive.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:15   Link #438
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
The planet Macross Frontier lands onto is said to be the "Vajra's homeplanet". Too bad Ranka says that Aimo is a love song Vajra uses when they reproduce, specifically when they met with groups of Vajra coming from different galaxies. If that's so how can they say that planet is the Vajra's homeplanet? Not to mention why creatures who live in space need an homeplanet to begin with? I think the planet is a plot-device to let humantradis on Frontier survive.
I think we have to consider the term 'home planet' loosely. It is certainly an important landmark. After all, that is where Protoculture enshrined their Queen.

- Tak

Old 2008-12-15, 12:39   Link #439
March

Quote:
In addition to the lack of info on the cybernetic consciousness, I was disappointed at the lack of info, and the lack of screen-time involved with the Zentradi fleet.

I was seriously hoping for them to show up at the last second of episode 24 and help the Frontier (as well as the SMS) kick some Vajra booty... alas, my expectations were in vein. *sheds a tear*

- Tak (The movie has much to live up to)
I agree it's slightly annoying. But in the context of the show, it really doesn't matter. We know the Grace is a baddie. We know the Macross Galaxy fleet are baddies. That's really all we need to care about. Though I will say that only "half elaborating" on the Macross Galaxy conspiracy was a bad idea. The introduction of these "voices/people/fellow cyborgs" working with Grace should have lead somewhere. Otherwise, what's the point of "introducing" them?

I doubt the movie will actually broaden that much. Since it's a film, they have less time to get into details than the series. If I had to guess, I would say that the whole Cybernetic Conspiracy will be reduced down to Grace herself. But perhaps they may go in a different direction. Have to wait and see.
Old 2008-12-19, 01:21   Link #440
Eric10301

Thanks for the answers Tak and March. I too expected a bit more Zentradi in the series along with more explanation of Grace and the Galaxy but I guess we cant expect everything.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a