AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 93 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 23.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 10.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 1.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 5.53%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-19, 01:54   Link #141
Man0warr

Quote:
I can agree with Toradora!. But really? Granted I don't know the source material for Toaru at all, it's got some real problems.
It follows the novels pretty closely, too closely almost - which leads to alot of exposition, which is also kind of evident in the novels, there are alot of characters and organizations that pop up and get explained on the fly.
Old 2009-03-19, 02:05   Link #142
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Yeah, the issues with Index stem from the source material, honestly. The upcoming adaptation of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga should be interesting, since that's really far better. (Doesn't hurt that Mikoto is a far, far better character than Index ever was, and that Touma is much better as a not preachy secondary character. ^^;; )
Old 2009-03-19, 02:15   Link #143
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I was watching the bridge scene in HD on youtube and the snow effect is really cool. i think its the best animated snow I have seen.
**cough**Kanon 2006**cough**

Old 2009-03-19, 02:23   Link #144
wistfulloner

Noticed something; Taiga in EP23 preview is wearing just her red school uniform when she got all angsty, but in EP24 in the same scene she is wearing her white coat.

And by the way, why all the hate?
Old 2009-03-19, 03:24   Link #145
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Noticed something; Taiga in EP23 preview is wearing just her red school uniform when she got all angsty, but in EP24 in the same scene she is wearing her white coat.

Basically, this is a sterling example of the "Its too tough to actually pay attention so I understand whats going on" coupled with "I get more hits by having a website that is one big troll".

I vaguely remember this guy from elsewhen and I'm rather sorry I gave the page a hit. I recommend not even visiting because you're just giving him ego points. I do see a few people not giving him a free pass on that nonsense (I love it when people are consistent with their forum handles) but you can also see far too many "please lead me by the nose its too hard" comments.

There is truth to the hyper-compression and lack of internal monolog making the points harder to connect.... but its a minor truth. If they think this is BAD plot flow, I can recommend some far far worse examples but he/they have no where to go because they're already cranked to "10".

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-03-19 at 03:39.
Old 2009-03-19, 04:03   Link #146
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

I love you too, Vexx. <3
Old 2009-03-19, 04:36   Link #147
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Seems you're right. This website states: "A person who is under 20 years of age cannot get married in Japan without a parent's approval."

I wonder if this means the author was unaware of the law, or if we're to interpret it as Ryuuji being unaware. Or me being an idiot.
"The male partner must be 18 years of age or older and the female partner must be 16 years of age or older."

You can't marry without your parents approval because you have to be 20 to create a family registry of your own. So when you marry you are included in one of your Family's registry, either the boy's or the girl's.
Unlike in the USA, only by registering you become legaly married and any ceremony has not legal concequences. So leaving someone at the altar is not big deal if you had already registered earlier.
Old 2009-03-19, 04:46   Link #148
puppygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
I don't quite get why there is the "To be Continued" in the end. Can anyone explain that?
I think there is no deeper meaning in that. Just that they skipped ED and had to somehow mark it's end of the episode already.
Old 2009-03-19, 04:50   Link #149
ElementSun

No youtube subs or anything yet?

T_T
Old 2009-03-19, 04:56   Link #150
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
I love you too, Vexx. <3
<shrug> I agree with you on the issue of the hyper-compression and lack of internal monologue making it harder to connect the dots -- I simply felt the article was hyperbolic to the point of trolling. It leaves very little elbow room to crank up the anger for really bad pieces of work out there.
Old 2009-03-19, 05:00   Link #151
Miles Teg

For people who compare the event in volume 10 of the novel to this episode don't forget that JC Staff wasn't working with the novel this time but with info given by the author or her editor. What was removed/changed was perhaps exactly like that on the material they have received.
Old 2009-03-19, 05:40   Link #152
arkxkra
全力全開

i bet Yasuko is damn sad and pain (same go for Ryuji also I think), hopefully will become good again.
The confess part was quite good, at the best moment the phone disturb, aiks.
Minori finally cry, but in front of Ami, I thought Ami cry also, but i guess she way too strong >.<". They really run away, what i mean was run away is not a good choice, but at least in the end, he go find his grandparents, and he present Taiga as his fiancee, that was a bit too impact for their grandparent (maybe?).

and what To be continue? looking forward to next episode.
Old 2009-03-19, 06:06   Link #153
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I didn't mind they left out the kiss scene, while it was an "awwww" moment, it was actually kind of poorly done in the novel. Also without the internal monologue explaining Ryuji's sudden urge to want to kiss Taiga, adapting that scene is pretty difficult. Right now it actually flows quite naturally in the anime.

As for Ryuji/Taiga acting rash out of nowhere, again it felt pretty natural. Since the rashness of it comes across, and I think the point of it was preciously that the writers here wanted to point out the rashness/irrational decisions that Ryuji is making. While what they want to (run away and get married) is all romantic and all that, but it shouldn't be something entirely agreeable (heck even Minorin said she doesn't agree to them running away, even though she is supporting them). And we see in the preview that Ryuji returns to school (well we know they return to school in the novel), so there are hints that after some cooling off for Ryuji and Taiga, they come to realisation that what they decided on (running away) is actually not the right thing to do and they were acting out of their impulsive feelings for each other, so again this is not something I found to be a problem.
Old 2009-03-19, 06:08   Link #154
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
**cough**Kanon 2006**cough**

Suprisingly enough, I still need to watch that anime by KyoAni , considering I have been sitting here doing AP Calc II homework -_-, the speculations so far seem like an intriguing episode - I will look forward to this one, and the next one. But seriously Ryuuji needs to be a man, and I honestly do not Ryuuji to end up with the wrong girl.
Old 2009-03-19, 07:43   Link #155
SakuraAyanami
Skies Of Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post

If you notice, he tends to tell crap about almost everything he talks about so you should just ignore him
Old 2009-03-19, 08:12   Link #156
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
I love you too, Vexx. <3
I dunno dude, just skimming through your website, you seem to hate everything anime. And yet you keep reviewing.
How can you deny what Vexx is saying? Looks to me like an attention wanter.

Anyways...
Minorin's "Giant Saraba" is a parody from Kakugo no Susume.
I didn't catch that one, I've never read Kakugo.
Old 2009-03-19, 09:07   Link #157
nojay
Scanlator

Snow and computer graphics

The snow effect is (obviously) computer-generated so it's easy (and cheap) to animate although it looks a little discordant when it is matted into digital cell-based animation. Anime studios today have a library of CG effects they can use -- fireworks, for example for the obligatory summer festival episode, steam for the obligatory onsen episode (which for some reason Toradora! seems to have missed out -- perhaps it was included in the light novel storyline?), sun lensflare for the obligatory beach episode etc.

It's kind of fun for a CG geek like myself to compare and contrast modern series with older anime which didn't have this kind of computer support during their production -- sun lensflares tended to be a camera pan over a static image, for example.
Old 2009-03-19, 10:12   Link #158
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
It's kind of fun for a CG geek like myself to compare and contrast modern series with older anime which didn't have this kind of computer support during their production -- sun lensflares tended to be a camera pan over a static image, for example.
Although it was not computer generated, old school also compiled a library of stock effects(cell shots) for such occation so it really doesn't make much of a difference.
Old 2009-03-19, 12:07   Link #159
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, that was epic, and that was only the penultimate episode!

Bombshell 1: Minorin putting her feelings about Ryuji out in the open. And she did that while running to boot, suits her style perfectly well.

Bombshell 2: Surely that paves the way for Ryuji x Taiga, and things will end happily ever after. Or that's what I thought until Taiga's mom and Ya-chan appear as hostile beings, leading to the unanticipated eloping of Ryuji and Taiga. Now where'd that come from? (Not that I'm complaining. )

Bombshell 3: Ryuji decides to skip confession altogether and jump straight to proposing to Taiga. WTFBBQ? o_O; (Again, I'm not dissing this in any way. )

I hear in the novel they even kissed at the bridge, they're probably gonna save that for the climax next episode. (Or maybe not? Who knows what other twist might happen?)

Ami forces Ryuji to make a cool confession that he likes Taiga, meaning she can now officially move on. She seems to take it perfectly well. Not so for Minorin, who's been holding back until Ryuji and Taiga are out of sight and earshot before breaking down. Poor girl. At least these two make a great yuri couple will become good friends from now on.

Ya-chan took Inko-chan and ran away herself before Ryuji could, though she did leave Ryuji with a refuge at his grandparents' place. I hope we see her again redeemed in some way next week, she's too likable to just run away just like that.

Hearing Ryuji's monologue near the end, it somehow seems Ryuji knew very well that eloping isn't the best solution, hence the cliffhanger.
Old 2009-03-19, 12:27   Link #160
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Ami forces Ryuji to make a cool confession that he likes Taiga, meaning she can now officially move on. She seems to take it perfectly well. Not so for Minorin, who's been holding back until Ryuji and Taiga are out of sight and earshot before breaking down. Poor girl. At least these two make a great yuri couple
Taiga thinks so too... "The shaking delicate heart of a Chihuahua -- if you're embarassed, I'll call Minorin for you. My, Valentine's Day came just in time" (Coalguys Sub: Ep 23, 14:56~15:09)
Closed Thread