AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 17:01   Link #61
Kutra

aigomorla@ The prince and princess are the weakest of the ultimate class. Rias can easily defeat an high class devil, but she has faced enemies far more powerful.

Log@
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:14   Link #62
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
aigomorla@ The prince and princess are the weakest of the ultimate class. Rias can easily defeat an high class devil, but she has faced enemies far more powerful.

Log@
That charts wrong then. It's stated mutiple times that Rias is high class devil.

Also LOL at Rias easily defeating a high class devil. Raiser was high class and he wasn't even trying. Ross, Xenovia and Akeno are all considered on par with high class devils. They would also win against Rias. Rias's overall level seems to be the lower end of high classs.

Last edited by Log; 2012-05-16 at 17:26.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:19   Link #63
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The Classes doesn't matter, it is like the Roman Empire. Classes doesn't represent strength, Rias is High Class and Princess due to her being a Gremory. Ise is considered High Class in his Balance Breaker without boast and he was a low class Devil.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:25   Link #64
whsie

I agree. There has been way too much made of this class=strength idea.

It's all relative. If we were to pick one devil from 100 high class devils and and one from 100 low class devils, chances are, the high class devil is stronger. However, that doesn't definitively mean that the low class devil can't be stronger.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:43   Link #65
sky black swordman

Yes its like ReaperxKingx said the reason why rias is in the high class ranks is because of status well that part of it any way . And rank of strength for Rias team is like this now after vol 12

1 Issei
2 kiba
3 Akeno
On Rias and the others I cant says without being bias.

One thing I now is that Issei's power and tier rank and power clas goes up depending on which form he takes.
And Akeno depending is she uses her new fallen angel form.
And Kiba depending on the SG and his new swords.
Old 2012-05-16, 20:55   Link #66
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yes its like ReaperxKingx said the reason why rias is in the high class ranks is because of status well that part of it any way . And rank of strength for Rias team is like this now after vol 12

1 Issei
2 kiba
3 Akeno
On Rias and the others I cant says without being bias.

One thing I now is that Issei's power and tier rank and power clas goes up depending on which form he takes.
And Akeno depending is she uses her new fallen angel form.
And Kiba depending on the SG and his new swords.
Actually Xenovia should be far above Akeno and maybe even Kiba considering that current durandual was stated to have power equal to BB Cao Cao. Don't know how she compares with Issei though.
Old 2012-05-16, 21:10   Link #67
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Actually Xenovia should be far above Akeno and maybe even Kiba considering that current durandual was stated to have power equal to BB Cao Cao. Don't know how she compares with Issei though.
No they maybe even because they both have something that kill Devils. Akeno has the power of light and Xenovia Ex Durandal.
Old 2012-05-16, 21:30   Link #68
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
No they maybe even because they both have something that kill Devils. Akeno has the power of light and Xenovia Ex Durandal.
EX durandual is a hell of a lot stronger then light you do know that right? Also are you saying that Akeno=Cao Cao cause if you are then that's just wrong.
Old 2012-05-16, 22:07   Link #69
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
EX durandual is a hell of a lot stronger then light you do know that right? Also are you saying that Akeno=Cao Cao cause if you are then that's just wrong.
Yes I know which is stronger but for now they are even . Akeno can control her power better and Xenovia still has yet fully learned how to control EX durandual .
And i think we should stop log because this is starting to sound like a discussion.
Old 2012-05-17, 21:08   Link #70
Uberchu

Sorry guys, I have another question. I just finished Volume 11, and what exactly happened with Ophis's power? First it seemed like it got taken away, but then Ophis said she actually sealed her power away so Samael didn't take it, but then it's stated she still had her powers lost. What exactly happened? And will she ever get it back?
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 21:11   Link #71
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
Sorry guys, I have another question. I just finished Volume 11, and what exactly happened with Ophis's power? First it seemed like it got taken away, but then Ophis said she actually sealed her power away so Samael didn't take it, but then it's stated she still had her powers lost. What exactly happened? And will she ever get it back?
Well Ophis's power were indeed taken by Samael. Georg said that they took more than 75% of her powers. But Ophis released her powers outside while her powers were being taken by Sameal. So actual some of her powers is not confirmed and she did not get 75% of her powers like Georg said.
Old 2012-05-17, 21:14   Link #72
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
When Ophis noticed Samael, she sent a certain amount of her power away.

Samael stole a rather large percentage of the rest (some places list 75%).

Ophis recovers the power she sent away, bringing her to twice the power of the heavenly dragons at their peak but this situation makes her powers unstable. She can't use them without destroying friend and foe alike.

After being rescued by Isei.

Spoiler:
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:11   Link #73
rickiminato

who is the primary antagonist of hs dxd?
Old 2012-05-19, 03:21   Link #74
Mammon

It's hades in the third arc,the old maou faction in the second and either raiser phenix or reynalle in the first,but the main antagonist is meant to be hades

Also there is a questions and answers threads as well so you should ask there
Mammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:25   Link #75
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
who is the primary antagonist of hs dxd?
That changes from arc to arc.

To date:

1.) Raynelle, the fallen angel who murdered Ise.

2.) Riser Phenex, the high class devil who was Rias' arranged fiance.

3.) Kokabiel, the fallen angel who deliberately tried to start a war just to prove his race (fallen angels) are superior to everyone else.

4.) Vali.

5.) Shalba and the "old maou" faction.

6.) Cao Cao and the "hero" faction.

7.) Same as above+ Hades, god of the dead.

The most recent "primary antagonist" was Cao Cao of the "hero" faction, which TBH is anything BUT heroic. The closest we saw to heroic from them was Sigfreed, at least he fought and died honorably. We can NOT say the same for Jeanne who used children as shields, Heracles who actively attacked helpless children or Cao Cao who deliberately targeted a non- combatant, Asia, just to force Ise to protect her. (And take heavy damage in the process).

8.) Possible future Antagonist, Indra, Hindu god of war, presumably as strong as the 4 current Maous put together.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 05:24   Link #76
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
That changes from arc to arc.

To date:

1.) Raynelle, the fallen angel who murdered Ise.

2.) Riser Phenex, the high class devil who was Rias' arranged fiance.

3.) Kokabiel, the fallen angel who deliberately tried to start a war just to prove his race (fallen angels) are superior to everyone else.

4.) Vali.

5.) Shalba and the "old maou" faction.

6.) Cao Cao and the "hero" faction.

7.) Same as above+ Hades, god of the dead.

The most recent "primary antagonist" was Cao Cao of the "hero" faction, which TBH is anything BUT heroic. The closest we saw to heroic from them was Sigfreed, at least he fought and died honorably. We can NOT say the same for Jeanne who used children as shields, Heracles who actively attacked helpless children or Cao Cao who deliberately targeted a non- combatant, Asia, just to force Ise to protect her. (And take heavy damage in the process).

8.) Possible future Antagonist, Indra, Hindu god of war, presumably as strong as the 4 current Maous put together.
Before Cao Cao and the "hero" faction and after Shalba and the "old maou" faction, it was Loki The Norse God of Mischief.

Tried to kill Odin to stop the peace talk's and start Ragnarok
Old 2012-05-19, 06:06   Link #77
Mammon

I wouldn't really say there was any antagonist in volume 5 as all they did was train,the closest were kuroka and bikou.Or maybe the sitri team for the RG
Maybe even azazel and tananim for the hellish training for ise and weeks away from rias
Old 2012-05-19, 06:37   Link #78
n0m@n
C-Z

Well main antagonists for each volume would go like following.....
Volume 1 - Reynalle
Volume 2 - Raiser
Volume 3 - Kokabiel
Volume 4 -Vali
Volume 6 - Diodora
Volume 7 - Loki
Volume 9 - Hero Faction
Volume 11/12 - Hero Faction(mainly Cao Cao).

But Volume 5 and 10 didn't have main antagonist. It was like a rivalry volume between Ise and certain character.
Volume 4 - Vali*
Volume 5 - Saji
Volume 10 - Sairaorg
Volume 11/12 - Cao Cao*

It actually is good to have volume with rivals rather than antagonist. Well personally I like battles between rivals than battle between MC and Last Boss characters. In Volume 4, Vali would be considered an antagonist rather than rival. Well all of you can understand the reason when you read volume 4 so no reason for me to go in details. And Cao Cao is definitely an antagonist but is considered as one of Ise's rival from many Japanese readers. Personally hoping for a fourth battle between Ise and Cao Cao since in their third battle wasnt satisfying at all.
Old 2012-05-19, 08:44   Link #79
@GEMC

about the thing azazel said can you tell what he meant in volume 4

“…….I have lost a lot of things. However, there’s no helping seeking for things that aren’t present. It is our duty to guide humans. We members of the Seraph have the same opinion that the most important thing is to watch over the children of God from now on as well, and to guide them.”

“Hey hey, with your speech just now, you’ll ‘fall’ you know? -----I thought that but you took over the system, right. It’s become a good world. It’s completely different from the time when we ‘fell’.”
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 10:18   Link #80
Mammon

Maybe What he meant was from the great war between the three faction where many lives were lost,not sure though!when they fell they became fallen angels,ones that have lost the grace of god,and we're seen as evil existences and attacked by the angels

In volume 12 Siegfried said that akuja Beelzebub was the only devil who could match sirzcechs, if I'm not mistaken,but surely ise could of put up a fight against him even before he got the dragon body as he could fight him for 10 minutes head-on,although he wasn't really trying

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-05-19 at 13:13.

Tags
dxd