Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 13:14   Link #1
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

One Piece Unlimited World: Red [3DS]

The next game in the "Unlimited" series of One Piece games has been announced.~

It will be titled "One Piece Unlimited World: Red" and will be for the 3DS. So unfortunately this means unless a localization is released (which is pretty unlikely), us outside of Japan won't easily have the opportunity to play it.

The "Red" subtitle indicates there may be more to it than just the one game though. Perhaps it'll be a 2-parter again like Cruise was? Or maybe they're pulling a Pokemon-like stunt with different "versions"?

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/22...-nintendo-3ds/

Edit: Thanks for the new thread!

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-05-22 at 13:30.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:51   Link #2
marvelB

A new Unlimited game, eh? Interesting that it seems to be a 3DS exclusive, unless this is a port of a Wii/Wii U version (like how we had the Vita port of Pirate Warriors 2). I'll be looking forward to the upcoming info!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 19:37   Link #3
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

First scan for the game:

All the Strawhats have their post-time skip appearances now. Also it looks like the Punk Hazard dragon will be fight-able in this game. Whether it's a boss or not I can't say. Finally, this will be the first Unlimited game with a multiplayer function for the Adventure Mode. You and up to 3 friends can pick a Strawhat and explore the world at the same time.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-05-23 at 22:48.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 19:44   Link #4
Rainbowman

I see that you still have to use the net for catching bugs in the game. I hope we don't catch bugs as an ingredient of something to boost both HP and SP like it did in unlimited adventure.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 12:51   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Here's the first trailer of the game folks. It showcases some of the environments, some exploration and combat, and the multiplayer adventure function in action:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-30, 17:07   Link #6
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Game looks nice and all visually... but I'm personally gonna miss the old, "Unlimited Style" of graphics...

Images
size
Anyway... judging on the gameplay, I'm gonna assume that the ability to switch to other Strawhats on the fly MIGHT be disabled in Multiplayer, but again... seems unlikely. My theory on the title "Red" in my opinion might mean that all bosses in the game would fit the color theme "red" (ie Punk Hazard Dragon, Akainu, Shanks, etc)... while say a later game like "Blue" would have hbosses who fit the theme "blue" (ie Arlong, Aokiji, Eneru, etc). Again, just my personal theory~

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-05-30 at 20:48. Reason: Use the images tag (or thumbnails) for large images (and it would help if you didn't hotlink).
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 17:13   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Anyway... judging on the gameplay, I'm gonna assume that the ability to switch to other Strawhats on the fly MIGHT be disabled in Multiplayer, but again... seems unlikely. My theory on the title "Red" in my opinion might mean that all bosses in the game would fit the color theme "red" (ie Punk Hazard Dragon, Akainu, Shanks, etc)... while say a later game like "Blue" would have hbosses who fit the theme "blue" (ie Arlong, Aokiji, Eneru, etc). Again, just my personal theory~
Going the pokemon route to garner sales is smart, but it's such a blatant way to milk the franchise of games. Hopefully this won't be the case, and each installment is actually worth purchasing on its own.
Old 2013-05-30, 17:29   Link #8
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Going the pokemon route to garner sales is smart, but it's such a blatant way to milk the franchise of games. Hopefully this won't be the case, and each installment is actually worth purchasing on its own.
Well, I figured that they'd be actual sequals, not just different versions... figured they'd be like Unlimited Cruise 1 & 2.... I guessed that having the titles as colors was just a fancy way to have looooooots of sequals... and considering they've made bosses out of characters like Calgara, Paulie and Spandam.... there's the potential for aloooot of bosses/sequals~
Old 2013-07-03, 04:03   Link #9
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Sooo.... seems like Unlimited World will be taking some pointers from games like Monster Hunter in terms of multiplayer gameplay...

Looks like each character has a set ability with them. Playing as Franky alloews you to build canons to shot from, playing as Chopper focuses around being a healer for the group, and Usopp's meant for long distance attack/back-up... with these abilities... I do wonder what Nami, Robin, and Brook will have in terms of abilities~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2013-07-03 at 04:30.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 05:23   Link #10
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Some more info out thanks to V Jump Magazine... a release date... and frankly... more to support my claim this game will be very Monster Hunter-esc...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/11...ct=no#comments
Quote:
In One Piece: Unlimited World RED, the Strawhat crew are in a place named Transtown, which you’ll help build up through battling and exploration. You’ll gather raw materials and, using these, help the town grow and increase its facilities. Along the way, the townsfolk will assist you with hints.

One Piece: Unlimited World RED will be available on November 21st for 5,980 yen. Pre-ordering the game will allow buyers to download a Luffy Exploration Costume based on the Strong World movie, as well as a quest with Portgas D. Ace as a playable character.
With these big changes to gameplay... I'm not sure why they didn't just create a whole new One Piece game series instead of slapping the "Unlimited" onto it.... on another note... I think it's abit sneaky making Portgas D Ace a pre-order bonus...
Old 2013-07-29, 00:48   Link #11
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

So, though it was kinda figured... all 9 Strawhats have been confirmed playable, and their play styles revealed...

Quote:

Monkey D. Luffy is playable and he has usual stretchy punches and Gear Second techniques.

Roronoa Zoro uses his swords to cut through enemies. One of his skills is “aggressive mode” and if you activate this you temporarily lower Zoro’s defense, but get a huge attack power boost.

Nami is great as a support character and item gatherer since she can steal items from enemies.

Usopp deals long range attacks and can pinpoint shots to snipe enemies from afar.

Sanji can use a rush attack to hit enemies and use his cooking skills to support his group.

Being the ship’s doctor, Chopper can restore characters HP and heal abnormal conditions.

Nico Robin can use her archaeology knowledge to get items from stone monuments on the map.

Franky is a power character with flashy attacks like a rocket launcher and beam. He can also pose in the middle of an attack to power it up.

Brook uses music to buff the party or make enemies fall alseep. He can also walk on water so he can go places other characters cannot.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/23...le-characters/

So, considering this game is being built mostly around multiplayer, it'd make sense to change some characters to being more "support". I WOULD also like to point out we have about 3-4 locations confirmed from screenshots alone...

- Punk Hazard
- Enies Lobby
- Alabasta
- Foosha Village (?)

So... odds are that we got a sand level.... Crocodile will most likely be revealed as a boss in this game...
Old 2013-08-19, 13:22   Link #12
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Trailer came out last week... shows off some great looking cutscenes, along with revealing Eneru as a boss.

Old 2013-08-22, 16:06   Link #13
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New scans showing Crocodile, and Team Attacks...

Spoiler for size:

Now... is it me... or is there something wrong with Crocodile's color scheme...?

Also, they revealed 2 One Piece: Unlimited World Red 3DS XL's... that look awesoooome.

Old 2013-09-12, 20:25   Link #14
marvelB

Huh, nobody else mentioned this news yet? Well, it's up to me, I guess:

Credit goes to Redon from AP for this scan:

^Oda designed some new characters for this game! The raccoon on the left is Pat (no, he's not Chopper), and the guy on the right is Red, who seems to be the main villain (he sure reminds me of Caesar Crown..... maybe he's related to him somehow?). The lady shown in the center screenshot is Yadoya. I'm definitely digging Red's design! Wonder what DF power he has, if indeed has one....?
Old 2013-09-12, 21:10   Link #15
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Racoon.... or Tanuki...?

I also like Red's design... I think it'll really work out for the kind of game this is~
Old 2013-09-13, 00:10   Link #16
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Huh, nobody else mentioned this news yet? Well, it's up to me, I guess:

Credit goes to Redon from AP for this scan:

^Oda designed some new characters for this game! The raccoon on the left is Pat (no, he's not Chopper), and the guy on the right is Red, who seems to be the main villain (he sure reminds me of Caesar Crown..... maybe he's related to him somehow?). The lady shown in the center screenshot is Yadoya. I'm definitely digging Red's design! Wonder what DF power he has, if indeed has one....?
We should give One Piece villains from the video games (as well as filler and movie characters) more credit just like we do for the canon characters.
Old 2013-09-13, 00:23   Link #17
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

^ Hey, I'll always defend Baron Omatsuri as a fantastic one Piece villian~
Old 2013-09-13, 08:35   Link #18
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Movie 6 in general was awesome. Quite the departure from what we're used to seeing in One Piece. So far it's in my top 3 One Piece movies (with the other 2 being Strong World and Z).
Old 2013-09-13, 13:37   Link #19
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
^ Hey, I'll always defend Baron Omatsuri as a fantastic one Piece villian~
Compared to the horror that is Lily Carnation? <shudders>
Old 2013-09-15, 20:16   Link #20
marvelB

Hey guys, here's a cool new trailer for the game:

YouTube

^So it looks like we've got Caesar and Hody confirmed as bosses! Also, if I'm not mistaken, Red is mentioned as being one of the level 6 prisoners that Blackbeard busted out of Impel Down, which is interesting. Also, looks like he didn't have a DF power from the start since he's shown eating one near the end of the trailer.....