AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-12, 02:14   Link #681
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

well... in Huang's defense... even Hei himself hates contractor.
Old 2007-05-12, 05:56   Link #682
deni
berserker

i love this anime, watched all 5 episodes at ones :P

as far as i know ep 6 is out already, but when is it supposed to be avalable subbed ? Can anyone please tell me whats the interval of the time after the eps are out in japan and subbed versions release date?

also, isnt hai's payment eating alot of food, not being emotional?atleast thats the case imo
Old 2007-05-12, 09:51   Link #683
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I think the previews for Huang's character mentioned that he is jealous of Contractors' powers, which explains his attitude toward Hei.

Sour grapes and all.
Old 2007-05-12, 12:15   Link #684
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
if he hate contactor he don't have put all his anger to Hei (poor Hei)
Old 2007-05-12, 12:29   Link #685
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Little by little are they revealing more about the nature of the Contractors and starting to disclose or about to Hei's background.

Spoiler for For episode five:
Old 2007-05-12, 13:54   Link #686
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler for For episode five:
Spoiler for Romania:
Old 2007-05-12, 14:38   Link #687
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i have most certainly missed this but...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-12, 15:35   Link #688
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i have most certainly missed this but...
Spoiler for the Lost:

In other words, I don't think you missed it.
Old 2007-05-12, 18:12   Link #689
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 5 : Its really good to see character development for Hei he is longer is the mysterious protagonist no more with introduction of his sister thrown into the plot .
Old 2007-05-12, 19:34   Link #690
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Yes, I don`t think that any character in this show will be black or white (well.. names doesn`t count) .. as far as we see, there are a lots ofs grays. That`s what makes the anime soo good. I really hope that chapter 7 and 8 dont make the quality fall (you know.. as they will be "funny fillers".
Old 2007-05-12, 19:39   Link #691
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
I really hope that chapter 7 and 8 dont make the quality fall (you know.. as they will be "funny fillers".
Does anyone know why the tone of the show is changing for the next arc? This show isn't based on a manga, so there is no need for traditional fillers.
Old 2007-05-12, 20:06   Link #692
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Does anyone know why the tone of the show is changing for the next arc? This show isn't based on a manga, so there is no need for traditional fillers.
Doesn't look like a filler to me --- and we shouldn't take what the preview gives seriously. It probably will be a wacky episode, though not in the sense the preview is telling us.

Or i could be completely wrong, and it'll be everything the preview tells us.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:09   Link #693
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
well... in Huang's defense... even Hei himself hates contractor.
You're right, of course, but I think it is interesting that even Mao questions his attitude.
Old 2007-05-13, 00:56   Link #694
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Is Darker Than Black really only going to be 13 episodes. That seems so unlike BONES to have such a short series.

Anyway among other things I finally got around to watching some episodes of this show. True to form, BONES doesn't reveal all its latest series cards, or many at all really in the early episodes, but if Darker Than Black is anything like their other series its going to be worth it when the finally reveal some of the secrets after building up anticipation. I will state that I think this is easily the prettiest series of the season and that the characters are all very interesting and seem to have a story that you want to learn. The Loli as usual seems like she'll hold the Key to the story, being featured in the opening, wearing gothic lolita and appearing to be more than meer eye candy (These tend to be tipoffs). Also its nice to see an opening with Lyrics that are relevant to a series for the first time in a while and that the opening isn't necessarily just a push for Yui Horie or whoever's latest song (Though Darker Than Black wouldn't be the right series to promote that kind of music anyway). Now I've Lost It, I Know I Can Kill, The Truth Is Just Beyond The Gate *Followed by the title card and a shot of Hell's Gate* (Which is mentioned in episode 1 to be blocking the view of something critically important that the inhabitants of the city aren't meant to see). The suspense to find out what truth lies just beyond the gate is killing me as is learning the characters stories and motivations. BONES you've done it again. I just hope the series isn't only 13 episodes as there's easily enough potential in this series for 50 episodes let alone 26.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-13 at 01:37.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:25   Link #695
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
sometimes they schedule a series for 13 episodes, thus ensure more time and quality.

then they can regroup and do it again for the rest of the story, with a second batch. sometimes i think thats the best method, at leased they don't have an excuse to drop quality halfway though, in animation or story
Old 2007-05-13, 02:39   Link #696
ssfsx17

Chances are, after Ayakashi Ayashi got cancelled, BONES decided to play it safe.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:42   Link #697
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Is Darker Than Black really only going to be 13 episodes. That seems so unlike BONES to have such a short series.
Dont know where you got the idea of 13 episodes from, But its been said it will be 26 episodes from going on the amount of DVD's that there are going to be =)
Old 2007-05-13, 02:52   Link #698
issei

this topic needs a subheading in bright, bold letters that 26 episodes are planned for the series, because every few pages, someone new brings up one issue or another with the idea that it's only going to be 13.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:58   Link #699
Boukenxha

Ep 6 is just excellent beyond words.

Spoiler for ep 6:

Btw, is there an English equivalent for 喪失者 (Soushitsusha)? The DtB Wiki calls them Regressors, but I think the meaning is off.
Old 2007-05-13, 03:20   Link #700
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
sometimes they schedule a series for 13 episodes, thus ensure more time and quality.

then they can regroup and do it again for the rest of the story, with a second batch. sometimes i think thats the best method, at leased they don't have an excuse to drop quality halfway though, in animation or story
it's actually 13 stories
since each story = 2 episodes
so in total should be 26 episodes
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural