Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-04, 15:53   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Episode 109 Discussion Thread

Episode 109 has aired. Unfortunately I will not be available to do my regular synopsis. Hopefully this will be the end of the Bounto Arc and prepare the way to resume animating the manga.

I might put a synopsis in this space later. Or maybe not. If anyone else writes up a good synposis, I'll let you have this space instead.

Please do not discuss anything past episode 108, or else you risk a ban. Don't even post future episode titles. Even spoiler tags are no defense.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-01-04, 17:32   Link #2
hi no ken Jebus

Finally got around to watching this after I heard about the little surprise at the end.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-04, 19:20   Link #3
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-04, 21:53   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Eagerly waiting for a late night download for the preview alone.

Yay! Yay!
Old 2007-01-04, 23:08   Link #5
Lendial

finaly an end cant wait for the next arc to begin, can we expect a new intro song?
the end of the ep was more exciting than the entire arc(except maybe the ishida fights)
Old 2007-01-04, 23:25   Link #6
striderm
Adusa #1

I don't think there's a new OP but I could be wrong. Expect a new ED next week though.
Old 2007-01-05, 00:33   Link #7
scorpio516

We're only ~half way through the OP. It only started on ep 98...
Old 2007-01-05, 00:36   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
The current intro song is good enough <3
Old 2007-01-05, 02:43   Link #9
kagato3

Well I was a bit suprized that almost half this ep was non filler (Rukia/Renji's flashback, Ichigo's Flashback taken from chapters 0a and 0b) but otherwise Its a bit of a letdown since aside from a few small bit from durring the mod soul arc that were taken from the manga everthing has been reset to ep 64, Ishida's been depowered again, Rukia is again left weak and recovering in SS and Chad and Orihime have had no growth at all. While hardly the worst filler it just doesn't leave much impact at all and has left me feeling a bit hollow about the arc.
Old 2007-01-05, 03:17   Link #10
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well I was a bit suprized that almost half this ep was non filler (Rukia/Renji's flashback, Ichigo's Flashback taken from chapters 0a and 0b) but otherwise Its a bit of a letdown since aside from a few small bit from durring the mod soul arc that were taken from the manga everthing has been reset to ep 64, Ishida's been depowered again, Rukia is again left weak and recovering in SS and Chad and Orihime have had no growth at all. While hardly the worst filler it just doesn't leave much impact at all and has left me feeling a bit hollow about the arc.
Haven't seen the ep yet, but all my monies are on Kon retaining the Quincy cross on the back of his head. Nothing's TRUELY reset since the fillers are in-continuity and all.
Old 2007-01-05, 03:20   Link #11
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, how long has it been since I posted for a Bleach anime episode thread?

I'm amazed that I actually made myself watch the whole Bount arc in its entirety, albeit very slowly. I keep 4-8 eps in a bundle and then watch them in one go. I even contemplated dropping Bleach if they do another filler after the Bount arc, so I'm surprised that they would return to the manga so soon.

Though the Bount arc was a decent story for a filler compared with a popular ninja series, it didn't change the fact that it was a filler, the characters' development were limited by what the manga could provide, and so I just could not be expected to get excited about this as the manga-based episodes.
Old 2007-01-05, 05:44   Link #12
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Haven't seen the ep yet, but all my monies are on Kon retaining the Quincy cross on the back of his head. Nothing's TRUELY reset since the fillers are in-continuity and all.
Spoiler for the quincy cross on kons head. Not realy a spoiler:
All I'm saying is that no one grew at all and they have more or less made it so they pretty much never have to refernce any of the eps from the arc.
Old 2007-01-05, 07:57   Link #13
lommm
l'homme de lommm

! ZOMG!! the last 15 seconds of the episode made all of my negative feelings about the filler go away!!! the next arc is going to kick some hollow ass!!!!

This ep was actually okay. some of the flashback stuff was kind of refreshing to see. i always liked that part with the little girl ghost. it seemed a little different, but maybe that is 100 episodes clouding my memory.

next wednesday can't come soon enough now!

and about mr T: if Koga is still alive, technically Kariya could still be alive too. when the other boutnos died and turned to sand, their clothes were left behind, but I never saw kariya's pants on the ground. until i see physical proof, i'm assuming that he's hiding out somewhere only to reappear for more fillers or an ova or movie.
Old 2007-01-05, 08:50   Link #14
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
! ZOMG!! the last 15 seconds of the episode made all of my negative feelings about the filler go away!!! the next arc is going to kick some hollow ass!!!!

This ep was actually okay. some of the flashback stuff was kind of refreshing to see. i always liked that part with the little girl ghost. it seemed a little different, but maybe that is 100 episodes clouding my memory.
Thats because all the flashbacks were to the day before Bleach started. the flower Ichigo left is the same one that the punks knocked over in ep 1.
Old 2007-01-05, 10:40   Link #15
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I liked the flashbacks. Its pretty nice, the storyline, the coiincidence and stuff. Anyone know who will be voicing the character appearing in the last part of the anime?
Old 2007-01-05, 12:21   Link #16
striderm
Adusa #1

Old 2007-01-05, 15:36   Link #17
ThoHell

Oh there's no doubt that this arc has ended and the next is the hollow arc and back on track with the manga! I'm excited for good animation again and looking forward to seeing the new characters and the old being improved.
Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-01-05, 18:05   Link #18
lommm
l'homme de lommm

yeah, there seems to be a huge reveal/surprise coming up either in 110 or 111. manga readers know what i'm talking about. i can't wait to see that scene.

also, animation quality seems back to the good old days now. animators are completely done with the movie and can work on the series again.
Old 2007-01-05, 18:26   Link #19
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

If anyone asks my opinion, episode 109 felt more as a prelude to set up and start the next arc in the anime beginning from chapter 183 of the manga.

It focused more on Ichigo, Rukia, and last Renji and gave few epilogue monologue to the Bount arc.

Though it is clear that Ichigo feels troubled regarding the misery and hardships that Kariya had to endure and all the hatred he built up, because he (Kariya) ended up alone due to the fear he struck upon his peers.

Ichigo made it clear he's going to use his powers to protect everyone, but I think there's fear on his own words whether or not he might lose some day control and ends up alone by killing everyone he cares about.

IMO, the Bount arc was not a literal filler at all. The theme is made evident to explore about Ichigo's scope on the uncertain destiny. Which would be the one among several issues he'll have to solve in the following arc, starting next week.

This episode help to expand upon certain event that took place prior to the start of the VERY first episode.
Spoiler:

Overall, it was a good episode with high quality animation and intricated issues to explore.

Still, I do not know how do I have to treat this episode- whether as the last episode of the Bount arc or the first episode of the....
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shinigami's Cup - Golden this week.

No one mentioned about Zaraki. He was fuming over for another chance to this time beat Ichigo to shreds after Ikkaku informed him (Zaraki) that Ichigo destroyed the Bount leader but to the captain's dismay, he was told that Ichigo had already took the leave, therefore, imperially pissing him off.

It's a terrible incovenience for the 11th division captain to possess a messed up sense of orientation but is worse that his lieutenant has no sense of direction at all.
Old 2007-01-05, 18:45   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Shinigami's Cup - Golden this week.

No one mentioned about Zaraki. He was fuming over for another chance to this time beat Ichigo to shreds after Ikkaku informed him (Zaraki) that Ichigo destroyed the Bount leader but to the captain's dismay, he was told that Ichigo had already took the leave, therefore, imperially pissing him off.

It's a terrible incovenience for the 11th division captain to possess a messed up sense of orientation but is worse that his lieutenant has no sense of direction at all.
This has been going on for a long time it was used in ep 63 and they have used it again . Its getting too saturated and over used I dont even find that humorous now .