AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 123 72.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 14.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 9.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-22, 05:03   Link #401
ReddyRedWolf

Battle 7 was able to whether a blast stronger than a Macross canon, protecting the fleet.

But as explained in Macross 7 as to why pin-point barrier system isn't implemented in every VF is that it is too expensive.
Old 2008-05-22, 06:37   Link #402
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Battle 7 was able to whether a blast stronger than a Macross canon, protecting the fleet.

But as explained in Macross 7 as to why pin-point barrier system isn't implemented in every VF is that it is too expensive.

but macross quarter is only 1/4th the size of Battle 7 so unless the blast is 1/4th less powerful....

Old 2008-05-22, 09:27   Link #403
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Thats what i thought it was too expensive to implement the system is all ships. IN theory it would a great move and might be worth the money but then again we dont know if every ships energy capacity could handle the system at all.
Old 2008-05-22, 14:47   Link #404
Blue Reverie
Rank-and-file poster

I could've sworn all UN Spacy Capital ships (well, the nonZentraedi ones) DO have pinpoint barriers (we just never see them for whatever reason).
Old 2008-05-22, 15:28   Link #405
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Reverie View Post
I could've sworn all UN Spacy Capital ships (well, the nonZentraedi ones) DO have pinpoint barriers (we just never see them for whatever reason).
I never heard that could someone confirm?
Old 2008-05-22, 16:00   Link #406
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Looks like they've fixed the drone and missile nerf the Vajra did in the beginning. The military is probably using the foldspace com link Luca was using to bypass any interferance the bugs could put out. A missile spam air grunt can probably nail a Vajra now with them.
No, no, no. There was this tentacled mass the Victor kept shooting out behind itself as Ozma chased it in the first episode. What was that exactly?
Old 2008-05-22, 16:11   Link #407
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

my guess is that the Vajra used them up during the initial attack on Galaxy.

probably their version of chaff/flares
Old 2008-05-22, 17:57   Link #408
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
I believe most do have PPB systems but they don't cover the entire ship. They're likely several smaller ones used to absorb types of damage. Been awhile since I've seen the original Macross, but that's how they implemented it on the Megaroad 1 at the time. one can assume they implement it the same way on the flagships for the fleets.
Old 2008-05-22, 18:12   Link #409
Blue Reverie
Rank-and-file poster

Well, thats the way Pin-Point Barrier systems have always been, small moveable energy shields that can defend against enemy attacks (and even concentrated together to either partially or fully block a SDF-1 Main gun style attack, although such an action will likely overload the barrier system).
Old 2008-05-22, 18:26   Link #410
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
^ and cause a little destruction in the hull, like we can see in ep 10 of the original macross
Old 2008-05-22, 19:52   Link #411
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Well, thats the way Pin-Point Barrier systems have always been, small moveable energy shields that can defend against enemy attacks (and even concentrated together to either partially or fully block a SDF-1 Main gun style attack, although such an action will likely overload the barrier system).
SDF Macross has 2 barrier systems. The initial 3 energy disc system and the full barrier system
Spoiler:
. Macross Q looks to have the full barrier system up, you see it glowing as it comes out of the asteroid debris.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:09   Link #412
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Spoiler:
I was under the impression that in Ep 3, the reason Mikhail sniped the Red manually was because Luca was unable to get a good lock that wouldn't kill Ozma, the IFF systems on the Skull valks preventing them from shooting at each other - which is quite reasonable and in fact a move I support; blue on blue incidents have happened before, and I think whoever's making the VF-25 added this in as a selling point: "Don't worry! With the VF-25, you won't have to worry about team kills!"

Quote:
From what is seen of the Vajra thus far, they either hit the opposition with their cannons, overkill with that BFG or close in and impale the pilot cockpit. Missiles are rarely used. They're certainly fast enough to close in for melee and being brainless bugs have no inhibitions to do so [then again, so are zents ]. I suspect the constant jamming mean that guided ordnance are for opponents who are too fast for their beam weapon, better armoured against cannon fire and yet not close enough to melee. Something like a QR armour or the VF-25.
It might also depend on how whoever's controlling the bugs is doing it; assuming there are individual human controllers for the bugs out there, each controller will have a different style (this also applies to AI controllers as well).

Quote:
Then it goes into a war of attrition with whoever having greater stamina and durability coming ahead. SMS should start thinking about arming a QR with that power blade. Nothing more cool than having a 50ft tall woman sticking a big knife into the bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
No, no, no. There was this tentacled mass the Victor kept shooting out behind itself as Ozma chased it in the first episode. What was that exactly?
Upon rewatching that episode, I'm of the opinion that it's an anti-starfighter mine, popped out the back to take out pursuing fighters. The Soviets experimented with something similar in the 50s, using rear-facing rocket pods to fire dumb rockets into the 6 o'clock; what happened though was due to aerodynamics and how the fins on rockets are setup, the rockets would be shot out the back, flip themselves around, and hit the launching aircraft. In space though, that's a moot point, it's going to be going out the back. At any rate it seems that the Vajra don't consider it useful enough to deploy against missiles, possibly relying on their jamming.

...or they could just have run out of those mines during the initial sortie - the smaller bugs might not have the haxxed missile generation systems of the reds.

Anyway further thoughts on the ep: WTF Brera's plane is fast. And pulls some very high-g turns. Sorta superficially reminds me of the VF-21/VF-22 for some reason, sorta like how at certain angles the VF-25's nose reminds me of the YF/VF-19. The interior of the mothership is... interesting, to say the least.

One thing I'm curious about is the lag; someone on Frontier's bridge says that the lag is "Plus 40", so is that 40 minutes or seconds? If seconds, than it's not really much of an issue all in all; Grace did say that the images appear to be real time. On the other hand, if the lag is 40 minutes... the images will still appear to be in real time, sorta, and Grace might be mistaken. The lag would be two ways, so following the 40 minute lag theory, Sheryl's singing would have reached Alto 40 minutes after she sang, which would give some fudge time for the concert and all.

Spoiler:

Macross Quarter in Battroid mode pushing open the "mouth" of the mothership to rescue Luca and Alto was pretty cool, although when Bobby did that I was both going "Cool!" and "Oh shit he's gonna tear a huge gouge in the flight deck -_-" Though Sheryl's red dress was awesome. About as awesome as seeing twin gatling destroids putting up a barrage of fire - and doing better at it than the destroids on the Asuka II. Then again, there's more of them here

Hmmm. We haven't seen any Battroid mode grunt VF-25s, so I'm not sure if Mikhail's head is the standard head; he's got 1 head gun and a single monoeye sensor that was on the VF-1A, but then again he's a sniper unit. Probably a modded grunt head. About the only differences I can see that the long-range pack gives are a grappling anchor to lock position for stability and the sniper gunpod. Interestingly his shots this time are blue, while the shots he was firing in and around Frontier were yellow. Hi-power mode seems to be pretty darned powerful: 3 shots and the red vajra dies.

The gun turret's on Ozma's Armored Pack aren't for show either; I see them blazing away, and it seems they might be single-barrel autocannons instead of beam guns. Now that I think about it, it appears that kinetic weapons have a higher rate of fire than energy weapons, which may be the only reason why Valks are still using solid slug Gatlings 51 years in the future.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-05-22 at 23:30.
Old 2008-05-23, 04:38   Link #413
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I was under the impression that in Ep 3, the reason Mikhail sniped the Red manually was because Luca was unable to get a good lock that wouldn't kill Ozma, the IFF systems on the Skull valks preventing them from shooting at each other - which is quite reasonable and in fact a move I support; blue on blue incidents have happened before, and I think whoever's making the VF-25 added this in as a selling point: "Don't worry! With the VF-25, you won't have to worry about team kills!"

It might also depend on how whoever's controlling the bugs is doing it; assuming there are individual human controllers for the bugs out there, each controller will have a different style (this also applies to AI controllers as well).

Upon rewatching that episode, I'm of the opinion that it's an anti-starfighter mine, popped out the back to take out pursuing fighters. The Soviets experimented with something similar in the 50s, using rear-facing rocket pods to fire dumb rockets into the 6 o'clock; what happened though was due to aerodynamics and how the fins on rockets are setup, the rockets would be shot out the back, flip themselves around, and hit the launching aircraft. In space though, that's a moot point, it's going to be going out the back. At any rate it seems that the Vajra don't consider it useful enough to deploy against missiles, possibly relying on their jamming.

...or they could just have run out of those mines during the initial sortie - the smaller bugs might not have the haxxed missile generation systems of the reds.

Anyway further thoughts on the ep: WTF Brera's plane is fast. And pulls some very high-g turns. Sorta superficially reminds me of the VF-21/VF-22 for some reason, sorta like how at certain angles the VF-25's nose reminds me of the YF/VF-19. The interior of the mothership is... interesting, to say the least.

One thing I'm curious about is the lag; someone on Frontier's bridge says that the lag is "Plus 40", so is that 40 minutes or seconds? If seconds, than it's not really much of an issue all in all; Grace did say that the images appear to be real time. On the other hand, if the lag is 40 minutes... the images will still appear to be in real time, sorta, and Grace might be mistaken. The lag would be two ways, so following the 40 minute lag theory, Sheryl's singing would have reached Alto 40 minutes after she sang, which would give some fudge time for the concert and all.

Spoiler:

Macross Quarter in Battroid mode pushing open the "mouth" of the mothership to rescue Luca and Alto was pretty cool, although when Bobby did that I was both going "Cool!" and "Oh shit he's gonna tear a huge gouge in the flight deck -_-" Though Sheryl's red dress was awesome. About as awesome as seeing twin gatling destroids putting up a barrage of fire - and doing better at it than the destroids on the Asuka II. Then again, there's more of them here

Hmmm. We haven't seen any Battroid mode grunt VF-25s, so I'm not sure if Mikhail's head is the standard head; he's got 1 head gun and a single monoeye sensor that was on the VF-1A, but then again he's a sniper unit. Probably a modded grunt head. About the only differences I can see that the long-range pack gives are a grappling anchor to lock position for stability and the sniper gunpod. Interestingly his shots this time are blue, while the shots he was firing in and around Frontier were yellow. Hi-power mode seems to be pretty darned powerful: 3 shots and the red vajra dies.

The gun turret's on Ozma's Armored Pack aren't for show either; I see them blazing away, and it seems they might be single-barrel autocannons instead of beam guns. Now that I think about it, it appears that kinetic weapons have a higher rate of fire than energy weapons, which may be the only reason why Valks are still using solid slug Gatlings 51 years in the future.
oh. nice catch on the Autocannon on Ozma Valk, didn't notice until you mentioned it.

talk about detail!

yeah, i was also wondering about the flight deck,

I mean he could of put it away and then use the oversize mechanized hand to pry open the clam.

but oh well.

I too would love to see some destriods animated in motion! even if it's like in the background walking back to hangers for maintenance or something.

They need more love.

Seriously. this episode gets better every time you re-watch it. so much detail.

It just set the standard again for Mecha space opera! go macross!

Old 2008-05-23, 08:18   Link #414
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

The flight deck's being used as shield, so I guess it's tough enough, so no worries.
Old 2008-05-23, 10:26   Link #415
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, I suppose so, but god, I winced. Then again my car's been breaking down all around me, so...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-23, 14:02   Link #416
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Was I hallucinating or did sheryl's final song start exactly like that great song in GSD?
I think it was the 4th ending.
Old 2008-05-23, 18:46   Link #417
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So just for kicks I actually tried to do a summary of Macross Frontier Episode 07 in Newspeak. The thoughts are still in normal english so don't worry. By god I had fun with this episode, it's almost entirely a straight up action piece and music video but man did they execute perfectly. For that it's pretty much a perfect 10.

Is relieved beyond what anyone can possibly imagine that he's all caught up on his tasks for this week.
Old 2008-05-24, 01:47   Link #418
cerrian

As I was rewatching ep 7, before watching ep 8, one of the cool details I noticed was during Alto's fight inside the Vajra.

There's one scene where Alto's VF switches the gun to its right hand after taking a hit to the left arm. You can see the VF rest the gun on the ground while it switches it over to the right hand and for the rest of the fight the VF fights with a dead limb. That's a pretty cool detail that lasts probably 1 sec on screen.
Old 2008-05-29, 22:15   Link #419
Delphin

ouch, missed posted Macross7 (wanna post Chapter7)...

retry

I think chapter7 is great.
and many japanese fan is feeling too.
they say "great ! next chapter is last one ??"
「もしかして次は最終回?それくらいのquallty !」

its re-all great chapter.
I had shocked König Monster.
is cooooool one. dont you think so ?
I dont know its can Transformation !
that seen is I said "really !?" to TV.

forgive my english is not good. orz
Closed Thread