AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-09-24, 02:15   Link #101
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well Superman Doomsday isn't bad, but not really good too! I can understand why some people don't like this movie. BTW, why they don't like it?

Justice League: The New Frontier, I must watch this movie. But there are so differents reviews about it. Some people say that it's a boring movie, some people say that it's a very good movie....

Hey I just watch episode "Old wounds" (everything change!) of The New Batman Adventures again, and I don't know if it's me, but Batman wasn't so "cold" in Batman TAS! Here he seems so "dark". I speak about the moment where he asked about the joker, Robin was with him at this time.
Old 2009-09-25, 12:45   Link #102
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Justice League NF movie is in the retro spec, silver age I think or golden not sure of DC timeline.

Also since Iam a Mazinger fan, it kinda rips off Grendicer, Great Mazinger Getta Robo G Great Seas Monster Battle. They KOed Superman early for the OTHER heroes to shine, also possible another story to Hal Jordan's origin here.

AGH!!! Where's my DVD Superman Batman!!! XD
Old 2009-10-16, 05:33   Link #103
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
**This thread shall receive the Black Ring and it will RISE**

Even know that this sega wont be animated any time so but it seems like DC has a epic crossover again, and its very big. Blackest Night has been out since Summer and it has turn the whole DC universe upside down.

Blackest Night is part of the Green Lantern saga but it has crossover to Batman, Doom Patrol, Booster Gold and even bring out one-shot comics like Power of Shazam, Suicide Squad out of the closet.

Blackest Night

Give yall little information about it but it is so epic, and many of the dead superheroes is coming back but they are not going to be the same.
Old 2009-10-16, 09:14   Link #104
BanishingBook

So there are new issues of Blackest Night? Whoa! I was pretty much worked up for Flash Rebirth so I thought BN would be meh.

So, are you hoping that BN deserves a DCAU film?

Just read Alan Moore's comment on BN, I wish I could stuff him some mushrooms and tell him to work on his magick than say something mean to the comics industry. Oh sigh.

Discussion on Moore about BN:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...o-much/413217/
Just adding for info although it's out of coverage for the thread topic. Slightly.

Last edited by BanishingBook; 2009-10-16 at 10:34.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 12:29   Link #105
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Got my Superman Batman Public Enemies DVD, it has the special bonus of the Blackest Night comic, it's explained by John Morison, Bruce Tim and the other DC cast. A great comic to read and buy, if your following the DC universe Xovers.

The thing that surprised me in Superman Batman Public Enemies is not the animation, but the voice actors of some of the villains there are voiced by Andrea Romano, Bruce Tim...etc the ones who are responsible for the animation.

Now waiting for PLANET HULK!
Old 2009-10-20, 03:14   Link #106
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

You got Public Enemies? Do you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
**This thread shall receive the Black Ring and it will RISE**

Even know that this sega wont be animated any time so but it seems like DC has a epic crossover again, and its very big. Blackest Night has been out since Summer and it has turn the whole DC universe upside down.
Well, there are rumors about a 'The Killing Joke' movie animated. . .it would be a while if it happened, though.

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2009/07...-movie-coming/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post

Discussion on Moore about BN:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...o-much/413217/
Just adding for info although it's out of coverage for the thread topic. Slightly.
Lol, they are really giving it to Moore.

Anyway, I've been doing research what may be some possible upcoming projects in the DC Animated Universe. And I've saw the following projects were under consideration for animated projects from Bruce Timm at last year's San Diego Comic-Con:

-Batman:The Long Halloween
-Batman: Knightfall
-Batman: A Death in the Family
-A Wonder Woman series or another movie
-A Catwoman(Batman cameo most likely) animated film, to "erase the stain of the that (live-action movie)" as said by Bruce Timm.
-A Captain Carrot film(lol)

He also said that the Fourth World universe and/or Kingdom Come is being looked at for the DVD movies and a TV series. If Kingdom Come was done, it would probably be CGI.

A long-discussed adaptation of “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract” is on hold, because fan support hasn’t been broad enough to vault it past other titles. And note that this would be an adaption of the original Titans in Bruce Timm's style, not the previous animated pseudo-anime style.

In other news somewhat relevant to the thread, there is a live action film being released next year based off 'The Losers' from Vertigo comics.

Spoiler for The Losers:
Shame, it looked like it could have been a decent animated series.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=50350

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-10-20 at 03:48.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 04:28   Link #107
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'd love to see a new Teen Titans or Titans animation and most especially BATMAN-DEATH IN THE FAMILY. Jason Todd has yet to grace the animation screen, unlike his stupid omake in the TeenTitan's anime style series.
Old 2009-10-20, 04:34   Link #108
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yeah, the series was probably why the real adaption is having trouble being greenlit. The series was popular generally, but not with the fans that actually influence what DC creates, the comic fans.
Old 2009-10-20, 08:28   Link #109
BanishingBook

OH SWEET JESUS OF HELL AND EARTH! I WANT A DEATH IN THE FAMILY! AND IN 80's CONTEXT TOO! OH SWEET SWEET SWEET RUMORS! We gotta blackmail Bruce Timm! XD
Old 2009-10-20, 09:02   Link #110
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Death in the Family and Knightfall will be epic when they get animated.
Old 2009-10-20, 20:34   Link #111
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

Spider-man the animated series and X-men the animated series were both so good.
I'm Hooked on them both.
icab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:14   Link #112
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh cool, you have Public ennemies, so do you like it? I need to buy this DVD!

Quote:
Well, there are rumors about a 'The Killing Joke' movie animated. . .it would be a while if it happened, though.
Oh it can be really cool .

Teen Titans? I don't like the serie... I would prefer a Batman serie again! I watch The Brave and The Bold, it's cool. The design is good, stories are funny, it's easy to watch.

Green Arrow is funny .
Old 2009-10-22, 18:05   Link #113
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

Dc & Marvel animation huh? I remember growing up watching all these superhero shows with my sister. I still enjoy all of them to this very day and I like their latest material as well. Superman Doomsday was my favorite out of the latest catagory because it had some decent and suprising twists throughout the story.
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 22:14   Link #114
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Old 2009-11-13, 00:41   Link #115
BanishingBook

Finally a new trailer...

tsk, not quite the DCAU I expected.
Old 2009-11-13, 09:34   Link #116
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That looked like it could be a good story indeed, but it makes one wonder with all the new projects being set in original timelines if the DC Animated Universe is done.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 05:25   Link #117
Samari
World's Greatest

There are only so many times you can tell the same stories over and over again. Which is why I believe the animation now and days gets kiddie to appeal to different audiences and/or the mood is a little bit different...this is all in an attempt to try and make the same things different, but it's still really repetitive.

DC has at least stepped up and not completely fallen down by releasing animated features like Justice League: New Frontier, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern: First Flight. Marvel hasn't done anything great since X-Men Evolution in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
That looked like it could be a good story indeed, but it makes one wonder with all the new projects being set in original timelines if the DC Animated Universe is done.
Yes it did look interesting. As for the DCAU, I think it is done. One could figure this out during the final episode of Justice League Unlimited with the closing montage. But really, I hear Bruce Timm has been vague about it even though people keep asking. I have a feeling he's going to keep sidestepping questions about the DCAU until people finally give up and forget about it. I do think it's time both him and the fans move on as well. 1992-2006 was a good run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The movie with the highest reviews recently has been Justice League: The New Frontier due to the faithfulness to the story of the comic, the voice-acting, and the quality of the animation.
That was by far the best of what has been released from DC in the new animated films.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2009-11-14 at 06:05.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:03   Link #118
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Crisis on two Earth's will be epic.

Finally we'll see something out from the comics.
Old 2009-11-15, 01:35   Link #119
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Crisis on two Earth's will be epic.

Finally we'll see something out from the comics.
Well Justice League: THe New Frontier was based on the limited six issue series of the same name...and Wonder Woman was based loosely on George Perez's 1987 revamp. And Green Lantern: First Flight is obvious...at least the method of how Hal Jordan got his powers.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:56   Link #120
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Just came out last Tuesday.

Justice League + Unlimited it's entirety along with bonus material for $90! Sadly, I'm going to have to delay my purchase due to the fact I need to get my laptop fixed and it would strain my wallet too much. I'm still trying to get it before next year, though.