AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 36 30.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 7.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-03, 22:06   Link #41
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Who did Laura call? Does it appear Laura is seducing Ichika on some kind of German Agenda?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:12   Link #42
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Man I wont be surpise if World War III started because of Ichika lol England vs China vs Japan vs France vs Germany
Old 2011-03-03, 22:16   Link #43
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Laura asking advice from her commander about swimsuits is like Sagara Sosuke asking advice from Kruz Weiber.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:28   Link #44
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Who did Laura call? Does it appear Laura is seducing Ichika on some kind of German Agenda?
Those are her subordinates in Germany. The one she is talking to was / is the second in command under Laura but since Laura went to IS academy she is now in charge.

I loved this episode pretty much all the way through. Charlotte realizing how much of an uphill battle she was facing yet still winning points and getting a new nickname. Even has the decency to help out Laura who has really no idea what to do but is so cute even so.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-03, 22:42   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Charlotte is constantly showing that she is the most level headed and reasonable girl of the harem.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:47   Link #46
Taufiq91

Okay, this episode is decent. As a sucker for beach episodes, this is one of my favourite ones.

And oh, looks like Ichika does have an Incestual Attraction, eventhough he still failed to understand that he's in a fucking harem.

Okay, Laura in bikini is pure cuteness. I mean, i love it when badass-wannabe girls born and raised in military environments turn to have shy, cutesy feminime reactions. And this episodes uses it on Laura perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Laura asking advice from her commander about swimsuits is like Sagara Sosuke asking advice from Kruz Weiber.
But unlike Sousuke, Laura does show emotions of common sense. I mean, atleast Laura knows the purpose of a condom.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:51   Link #47
karuroso

So..now Ichika is a siscon? first we thought he could be gay and now a siscon D=

ps:and i wanted to see more Houki in a swimsuit =/ and Chifuyu is smaller than i tought ( still hot though)
Old 2011-03-03, 23:07   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Her commander in her squad at Germany who is also an Otaku. She got all her Japanese culture info from manga and anime. Hence the school-mizu image of Laura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
So..now Ichika is a siscon? first we thought he could be gay and now a siscon D=
I have to say Chifuyu is better at tracking/stalking than Cecilia or Rin.
Spoiler for Found You:

Chances are Chifuyu is a brocon. When Laura asked why she is strong she answered her brother. Yeah I can see why Laura sees him as competition initially.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2011-03-03 at 23:20.
Old 2011-03-03, 23:14   Link #49
Taufiq91

Quote:
Well, not only are they cashing in on the harem of Toaru index, they are also cashing in on the siscon dominance of 2010 (OreImo and Yosuga)

Wait till the next season when IS goes full-Evangelion by cashing in the popularity of Madoka Magica.

Quote:
and Chifuyu is smaller than i tought ( still hot though)
Nah, Chifuyu has nice funbags since episode 1 based on my observations.
Old 2011-03-03, 23:16   Link #50
Johnny
Working the bags...

Wonder who'll be the male lead now...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-03, 23:21   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Heh~ German girls all wear eyepatches, huh? That's pretty good to know.
.................As if. ( -_-)

Anyways, I'm just glad there wasn't some attempt at a story this time, so there was nothing horrifying. The development for some scenes were so incredibly sudden, like Rin's cramp while swimming, it was stupid, but it wasn't as bad as last time and not an attempt at seriousness, so let's just say it is okay.
Though the art quality suddenly took a nosedive after the half-way point. Dang... What the heck happened at 14:11?

As always, an incredible amount of favoring by the staff for Charlotte, but it's already old now. I'm just glad that two of the heroines actually got screentime for once. FINALLY...
Houki... Well, I'm sure she will get time next time.

The girl that seemed so important in the OP finally appeared... But it was just Yukarin Bunny-Mode. Bleh...
Speaking of the OP, Charlotte's swimsuit changed, huh? Because she is now a "girl"?

PS: You freakin' deer! Stick to appearing at the beginning of the episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
Laura's behavior in this episode confused me to no end. As recently as 2/3 of the way through ep8 she hated Ichika's guts, now she's madly in love with him.
It's her twin sister. You see, while she was knocked out in the previous episode, aliens from outer space kidnapped her and replaced her with a fake. With the fake as a key, they plan to invade earth.
Doesn't that sound more convincing then her sudden change in behavior?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-03-03, 23:26   Link #52
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
I keep getting the feeling that it's going to be char x ichika in the end, but that's just me I think... either way it's a good episode with many HNNNGH moments.

Spoiler for for those who might have missed it:

lol nope. You're not the only one, I think so too. xDD I agree that a lot of harems end up choosing the first girl, but there are some exceptions. And I´m pretty sure that IS will be one of them. But hey, maybe that's just what I want. xDD But if you look at it objectively, novel wise and anime wise, Charlotte has indeed had the most development with Ichika IMOP.

Anyway, we care a lot about it now...but like...two weeks after the anime ends:

person a: remember IS?
Me: IS.....Is?....oh, Infinite Stratos!
person a: ....
Me: yeah....that ended like what, two anime seasons ago? I wonder what happened in the end of the novels...
person a: it just ended two weeks ago...
me: ......right....anyway...have you seen the new episode of anime bla bla bla? a-kun and b-chan make a really cute couple! they are so my OTP!!

Sorry...I´m generally like that. D:
Old 2011-03-04, 00:28   Link #53
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Anyway, we care a lot about it now...but like...two weeks after the anime ends:

person a: remember IS?
Me: IS.....Is?....oh, Infinite Stratos!
person a: ....
Me: yeah....that ended like what, two anime seasons ago? I wonder what happened in the end of the novels...
person a: it just ended two weeks ago...
me: ......right....anyway...have you seen the new episode of anime bla bla bla? a-kun and b-chan make a really cute couple! they are so my OTP!!

Sorry...I´m generally like that. D:
That's called moving on and being up to date with the new anime that comes out. We can rejoice later when/if another season of IS gets greenlit
Old 2011-03-04, 00:31   Link #54
jzmagic
flargansbog

Charlotte is easily the best female. Lets go Charlotte ending!
Old 2011-03-04, 00:38   Link #55
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Charlotte is easily the best female. Lets go Charlotte ending!
Unfortunately as Charlotte pointed out Ichika is probably a siscon......

Oye. Seriously what's wrong with you Japanese people?

And Laura...I dunno she's great but so far she's not meeting my expectations in her overshadowing Charlotte so she's still in the lead.

BTW +1 for Charlotte being nicknamed Char.....too bad her suit isn't red.

But I think everyone would agree with me on this one that so far Charlotte still seems to be a good match with Ichika.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:38   Link #56
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

hmm, wonder what lchika bought Houki for her birthday. He should have had ask Char on her opinion what to get a girl seeing as he has a buddy/buddy relationship with her l'm surprise he didn't take her along to buy Houki's present. ( l_l )
Old 2011-03-04, 01:58   Link #57
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I always felt he had a sister complex..Char seems to figure that out quickly...At first I thought Ishika bought a gift for Char cause that would seal the deal in CharXIshika but i guess I speak too soon....
Old 2011-03-04, 02:03   Link #58
Mentar
Banned

Noone is gonna "win", the novels are ongoing and we won't even cover half of them. Therefore, I prefer the much more spectacular Laura scenes to the more mundane Charlotte progression
Old 2011-03-04, 02:25   Link #59
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
I keep getting the feeling that it's going to be char x ichika in the end, but that's just me I think... either way it's a good episode with many HNNNGH moments.
I've seen so many anime where people have said the same thing and it was still someone else in the end. This episode really sets up that Houki will be the focus of the next few episodes likely until the end.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:39   Link #60
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

yea... I'm starting to think Ichika and Chifuyu are not blood related. Pikachu there didn't provide any fanservice.
Closed Thread