AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-09, 22:11   Link #12661
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Wow, there's been plenty happening in the 24hrs or so since I last posted O_o

Just a heads up saying I haven't seen Chinese translations starting at this point, though the pics are out over there as well.
Scans? ME WANT LINK

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:13   Link #12662
Flere821
Lurker

They're the same pics we have here, no scans yet I think
Old 2011-08-09, 22:44   Link #12663
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

hello i new here,can you guys tell me how many TaMni side story and Railgun also........urgent want to know....
Old 2011-08-09, 22:49   Link #12664
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Stiyl SS
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Railgun SS: Liberal Arts City (Full Text)
Toaru Majutsu no Index SS: Norse Mythology
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Railgun SS2: Shopping Mall Demonstration
Toaru Jihanki no Fanfare (14%)
Toaru Majutsu No Index: Love Letter SS

and then there is Mars SS
Old 2011-08-09, 22:54   Link #12665
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

OOh thanks and about Mars SS is that new Side story or what...??? never see that name at Baka-Tsuki before

Last edited by Syed_Seinaru_Migi; 2011-08-09 at 23:05.
Old 2011-08-09, 23:01   Link #12666
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^ sir, your avatar, made my day, i will send your internets shortly.
Old 2011-08-09, 23:40   Link #12667
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Birdway
Have we got any story spoilers yet? I haven't checked the last two pages though I've seen somethings about Gremlin and Kanzaki being awesome, but that's about it
We've got plenty, too many for me to type on my phone

Basically big party over at Kamijou household, and EVERYBODY's invited.

After that, a nice sunnt vaction to Hawaii to stop more gremlins ...

Caution: none of these have been verified by our local experts.
Old 2011-08-10, 05:19   Link #12668
faiz blaster

Incidentally, Baka-tsuki is down yet again....
Old 2011-08-10, 05:26   Link #12669
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
OOh thanks and about Mars SS is that new Side story or what...??? never see that name at Baka-Tsuki before
It's not new, but not well known.
There is also Uiharu SS (I have the scans for this one).
None of these two were put on bakatsuki yet, probably because of their short lenght
(but if even love letter ss was put there, I think it's safe to include them).

Quote:
Misaka joins the fight in Hawai
I would not bet on anything that was said till now.
It's possible that some fans urgently want her to apear and created fake spoilers
(mind the place from where the spoilers came out)

Though I am also agains it, Misaka has already so much forced apearances in Index, that it makes me wonder how far will Kamachi go for her fans.
And if he does not put a clear line between Index and Railgun (between Touma and Misaka) he will get stuck halfway through railgun manga.
Old 2011-08-10, 06:15   Link #12670
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Though I am also agains it, Misaka has already so much forced apearances in Index, that it makes me wonder how far will Kamachi go for her fans.
And if he does not put a clear line between Index and Railgun (between Touma and Misaka) he will get stuck halfway through railgun manga.
I don't feel like arguing in circles about whether this is a good or bad thing until we have the text translated.... But even then I suppose there is satisfaction just in seeing people butt-hurt and bellyaching.

But as for your second part- do enlighten me how Mikoto's appearance in Index would magically affect the story of Railgun considering she is a character in both stories and that both stories revolve around the same world and that in the first place were you under the mystifying delusion that somehow there is a 'line' so to speak that separates Index and Railgun when everything we've seen in both stories imply an integrated story?
Old 2011-08-10, 07:13   Link #12671
arson88

Is Fremea under the care of Hamazura now? Hamazura engaging in future fights with power suits is very appealing [illustration-wise]. Hopefully GROUP members meeting each other is not a troll..
No sign of Misaki [Lvl 5 No.5]?
Old 2011-08-10, 07:38   Link #12672
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I don't understand all the Mikoto hate here. It's not like she had a forced appearance in Index novel so far nor stealing the spotlight from our protagonist, why all the hate just because she's popular and already has her own spin-off? Should Kuroneko be written off from the Ore Imo main light novel story just because she got her own spin-off manga? Being popular and having his/her own spin-off is not a valid reason for writing a character from the story where he/she first appeared in.

And don't get started on she's not strong enough to fight in the story. Hamazura has no power at all and Mikoto was supposed to be much smarter than he is(although he might have more street knowledge) considering she's a genius just by being a level 5(you need extraordinary brain capacity to have level 5 power) and she already prove in her own spin-off she can fight in many ways other than throwing railgun coins and electrical shocks arounds.

I just feel like the hate people here have for her appearing in the main story is just personal feelings, not because her appearance ruin the story. I won't argue about her likability, because liking a character depend on personal taste and I respect that, but complaining about a character appearing in the main story just because of like or dislike is just.....strange IMO(and it's not like she has taken part in the main story that much beside the tidbit of cameo in all 23 volumes before this so arguments that she took the main stage too much just doesn't make sense at this point).
Old 2011-08-10, 07:48   Link #12673
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I don't understand all the Mikoto hate here. It's not like she had a forced appearance in Index novel so far nor stealing the spotlight from our protagonist, why all the hate just because she's popular and already has her own spin-off? Should Kuroneko be written off from the Ore Imo main light novel story just because she got her own spin-off manga? Being popular and having his/her own spin-off is not a valid reason for writing a character from the story where he/she first appeared in.

And don't get started on she's not strong enough to fight in the story. Hamazura has no power at all and Mikoto was supposed to be much smarter than he is(although he might have more street knowledge) considering she's a genius just by being a level 5(you need extraordinary brain capacity to have level 5 power) and she already prove in her own spin-off she can fight in many ways other than throwing railgun coins and electrical shocks arounds.

I just feel like the hate people here have for her appearing in the main story is just personal feelings, not because her appearance ruin the story. I won't argue about her likability, because liking a character depend on personal taste and I respect that, but complaining about a character appearing in the main story just because of like or dislike is just.....strange IMO(and it's not like she has taken part in the main story that much beside the tidbit of cameo in all 23 volumes before this so arguments that she took the main stage too much just doesn't make sense at this point).

I've been fighting this problem for a pretty long time so I can tell you the main reasons why this is happening-

1. They don't like the hardcore fans of Mikoto claiming that Railgun is better than Index, overtime that hate gets transfer directly to the character of worship.

2. Forced appearance apparently means any time she appears in the middle of the story; for example- the numerous overseas phonecalls, the encounter outside the hospital, running into her during Fuse=Kazakiri's appearance. I had even gotten into an argument with a certain someone when apparently, forced appearance to him means appearing in the "between the lines" segments.

So yes, with that big a range of classification, naturally it seems that Mikoto has been butting in everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
Is Fremea under the care of Hamazura now? Hamazura engaging in future fights with power suits is very appealing [illustration-wise]. Hopefully GROUP members meeting each other is not a troll..
No sign of Misaki [Lvl 5 No.5]?
Presumably yeah, Fremea is under Hamazura's 'care'.

I find it iffy that the GROUP members suddenly show up... In fact, alot of the characters that supposedly showed up sounds iffy to me.
Old 2011-08-10, 07:53   Link #12674
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... Hey. Then tell me what's up with the elves or whatever they are, I don't seem to be able to recall where was that. A Certain Cosplay or real deal?
The elf is real....she's a bound captive or something IIRC. And what's wrong with elves...at least they fit in. Although technically, aliens are part of God's creation too and thus should fit in with the general plot...
Old 2011-08-10, 07:54   Link #12675
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've been fighting this problem for a pretty long time so I can tell you the main reasons why this is happening-

1. They don't like the hardcore fans of Mikoto claiming that Railgun is better than Index, overtime that hate gets transfer directly to the character of worship.

2. Forced appearance apparently means any time she appears in the middle of the story; for example- the numerous overseas phonecalls, the encounter outside the hospital, running into her during Fuse=Kazakiri's appearance. I had even gotten into an argument with a certain someone when apparently, forced appearance to him means appearing in the "between the lines" segments.

So yes, with that big of a classification, naturally it seems that Mikoto has been butting in everywhere

Presumably yeah, Fremea is under Hamazura's 'care'.

I find it iffy that the GROUP members suddenly show up... In fact, alot of the characters that supposedly showed up sounds iffy to me.

Adding on to that, Mikoto appears to be a massively wanked character as well. Avid lovers of Mikoto have been... ardent in proclaiming their admiration of Mikoto and whatever she can do.

This leads to some unwarranted hate, apparently. Even though Mikoto didn't even appear for multiple volumes and the only appearances between the lines in the anime were Tsundere moments.

It happens. The same can apply for Accelerator for some message boards too.
Old 2011-08-10, 07:56   Link #12676
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I thought it was that since she wasn't going to be in the novel for a while she got her own spin off. (see autistic Kuroneko fan rage on youtube)

Quote:
*snip*
The hate for Mikoto is more against her fans than her. I believe one claim iirc was that she can warp space if she put in enough power or she can "awaken"(which will make Kenjus rage burn like a thousand suns.......and probably mine depending on how it's done.)
Old 2011-08-10, 07:58   Link #12677
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
One of the NT2 chapter names clearly says Birdway. Look at the

What...the....fuck....

Alien mages. And now Birdway.....sounds....so.....perverted and wrong....
Old 2011-08-10, 08:02   Link #12678
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The elf is real....she's a bound captive or something IIRC. And what's wrong with elves...at least they fit in. Although technically, aliens are part of God's creation too and thus should fit in with the general plot...
The race of elves are real, but Alfar herself is an artificial being created by a magician.

You know, I wonder if Aliens have the same religion as us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Adding on to that, Mikoto appears to be a massively wanked character as well. Avid lovers of Mikoto have been... ardent in proclaiming their admiration of Mikoto and whatever she can do.

This leads to some unwarranted hate, apparently. Even though Mikoto didn't even appear for multiple volumes and the only appearances between the lines in the anime were Tsundere moments.

It happens. The same can apply for Accelerator for some message boards too.
I pretty much cover that with "Hate the Fans, but eventually hate the character".

Quote:
I thought it was that since she wasn't going to be in the novel for a while she got her own spin off. (see autistic Kuroneko fan rage on youtube)
She wouldn't have gotten anything if she wasn't super popular as well.

Quote:
The hate for Mikoto is more against her fans than her. I believe one claim iirc was that she can warp space if she put in enough power or she can "awaken"(which will make Kenjus rage burn like a thousand suns.......and probably mine depending on how it's done.)
Which then gets transformed to hating the character, it happens all the time.

Quote:
What...the....fuck....

Alien mages. And now Birdway.....sounds....so.....perverted and wrong....

Nice to see you up-to-date
Old 2011-08-10, 08:07   Link #12679
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Incidentally, Baka-tsuki is down yet again....
And on the release day no less... I'm starting to get nervous. Maybe the translators will post here if it's not up when they are done a part?
Old 2011-08-10, 08:14   Link #12680
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
Ermmm the elf is really exist in ToAruverse and then an Alien also....so what kind species will appear after this maybe God itself...LOL

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen