AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 13:27   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh man I remember this from years ago and my superficial ranking of the character designs. I still don't know how or why they expect this to work outside of the video game format but apparently this has aired? It must be really really light and tame to have made it past the new laws that got passed since it was announced.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 16:03   Link #22
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Oh man I remember this from years ago and my superficial ranking of the character designs. I still don't know how or why they expect this to work outside of the video game format but apparently this has aired? It must be really really light and tame to have made it past the new laws that got passed since it was announced.
Seriously are you actually believing the bullcrap some specific trolls state?
This is seinen not shounen too so why would it be restricted?
The public for seinen is supposed to be adults to begin with you know...

And speaking of the anime, it was pretty nice and I seriously love the ED!
Old 2011-07-26, 16:28   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait wait wait.... all these girls are from the same mother? And the guy as well? And mother is still smoking hot after almost 20 kids? Hmm, yeah...

And if guy is from same mother, then who is main guy twins with then? Incest is only better when it's twincest after all.

Seriously speaking, at least I liked this better than Sister Princess, which was just a pure tease and really got nowhere in romance department.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 16:32   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The amount of little sisters in this OVA was staggering even for me. That was still enjoyable nonetheless, in part thanks to the godly casting. I was confused about a few things, like the HanaKana loli walk around with a mini Kyuubi. That seemed very random. Also, who's the MC? He's obviously not their real brother, but they didn't explain anything about how he landed in this family. Incidentally, are all those girls really blood related? There's no way a single woman could crap out so many children (and only girls) and still look this good. Oh wait, anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mature Girls (Miharu[1st], Mizore[2nd], Hikaru[4th])

Obligatory Tsundere (Tsurara[6th], Urara[9th])

Cute/Amusing Lolis (Mizuki[15th], Mari[14th])
They're the ones that stood out for me as well. I'll just add Rikka to that list. Mizuki was really funny, with her (I'm not sure how to describe it) "formal/outdated" way of talking.
Old 2011-07-26, 17:00   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
LOL! I didn't realize the date from your post was like 4 years ago

This is a OVA that just got it's sub release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wait wait wait.... all these girls are from the same mother? And the guy as well? And mother is still smoking hot after almost 20 kids? Hmm, yeah...
Given the wide variety of offspring... I say she must have been around the world

Quote:
And if guy is from same mother, then who is main guy twins with then? Incest is only better when it's twincest after all.
Yeah that's the thing, the synopsis said that she's his real mother, but it doesn't look like he's 20 years old... Nor does any one of them stand out as a twin (Non-identical)

Quote:
Seriously speaking, at least I liked this better than Sister Princess, which was just a pure tease and really got nowhere in romance department.
Well, having TOO much romance might be troublesome as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The amount of little sisters in this OVA was staggering even for me. That was still enjoyable nonetheless, in part thanks to the godly casting. I was confused about a few things, like the HanaKana loli walk around with a mini Kyuubi. That seemed very random. Also, who's the MC? He's obviously not their real brother, but they didn't explain anything about how he landed in this family. Incidentally, are all those girls really blood related? There's no way a single woman could crap out so many children (and only girls) and still look this good. Oh wait, anime.
According to the synopsis that I've read, she is his real mother, and somehow only now that she brings him back into the family... Yeah, I don't quite get it either...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 19:25   Link #26
Newhope

Just watched the OVA and overall I enjoyed it, it's got good animation and voice acting and decent pacing my only criticism would be that there's simply to many characters which leads to many of the sisters getting next to no screen time.

If they ever did a full TV series I'd watch it and give it a fair chance.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 20:03   Link #27
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'm surprised the creator was also the author of Strawberry Panic and Sister Princess. Rather... more surprised she decided to double the number of sisters from the original Sister Princess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There's no way a single woman could crap out so many children (and only girls) and still look this good. Oh wait, makeup.
Fixed for ya.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 20:57   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, having TOO much romance might be troublesome as well...
Nah. Romance (and by extension shipping) all day, EVERY DAY!

Old 2011-07-27, 10:24   Link #29
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I think someone needs to remind mom that it's not a clown car.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:14   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Mom's age = ? guess why.
I'm more interested in , is there a single dad or ? ^^

Anyway , 19 sisters holy sh*t , "almost" all kind of girls anime ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 10:42   Link #31
Peanutbutter

Wow, this was too staggering. I can only remember 3 or 4 at most.

I don't think I can remember them all ever.

*looks at cast list again* How about another Ohana/Kou end (Hanasaku Iroha) or Subaru/Tomoka end (Ro-kyu-bu)? Man, the MC's such a pimp.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:43   Link #32
AnimeFan188

I didn't see much family resemblence among the sisters. Are some (or all) of them
adopted?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 17:47   Link #33
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, pettanko-chan was talking about "is my only hope genetics?", so I kinda assumed they were all related. Not to mention 1, 3, and 4 looks kinda the same, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had different fathers.

Old 2011-08-04, 07:42   Link #34
Thany
Unfair

Well I can confirm Marie is the best sister
Plus she's the reincarnation of a French queen so she can only be awesome, right?
Old 2011-08-13, 21:50   Link #35
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
As Sister Princess is one of my favorite series and I liked Strawberry Panic, I definitely wanted to check out the OVA for this.

I think the appeal for me for these types of series is the range of characters in terms of looks and personality. 19 sisters will take me awhile to remember, though I definitely like Hikaru (4th oldest?) already. I think she has a slight similarity to my favorite anime girl, Sakuya in Sister Princess.

Interesting also that we have one overlap between Sister Princess and Baby Princess in terms of seiyuu. Note Natsuko Kuwatani who is the mom in this series, and she was actually Karen in Sister Princess as well.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, seinen